Old 02-10-2020, 05:16 PM

I'm glad they addressed the death of Harry Wells. I was worried that was going to go unremarked.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

This was one of the better episodes of this season. I hope they do a good job with Mirror Master. Maybe we'll get a new Rogues Gallery? That would be awesome. Probably wishful thinking.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:21 AM

S06E11: Love Is a Battlefield

LOVE IS IN THE AIR - Barry and Iris plan a romantic dinner for Valentine's Day but their evening is interrupted by an old foe - Amunet (guest star Katee Sackhoff). Meanwhile, Frost gets into the holiday spirit and attempts to help Allegra (guest star Kayla Compton) reconnect with an old love.

Love Is a Battlefield promo: https://youtu.be/JYxvaGYbWg0
Old 02-11-2020, 09:19 PM

That has to be the worst episode of the Flash ever. Also Katee Sackhoff gets worst every time I see her. Her "acting" is the equivalent of nails on the chalkboard.

Are they saving money for a big episode? That felt like the low budget show to save up for an expensive one.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:38 AM

They probably blew the budget on Crisis. Plus Bloodwork's effects in the front half of the season couldn't have been cheap.

I actually like Katee Sackhoff's scenery chewing as Amunet Black. Her relationship with Goldface relationship was so ridiculously over the top. It was great!

I was worried that we were going to get mopey Barry again, what with his post-Crisis depression. Fortunately Papa Joe put him back on track. Unfortunately he was interacting with mirror Iris this whole time. I hope that doesn't interfere with character growth for Barry and Iris, since I like where both characters, especially Iris, and their relationship are going.

Frost + Allegra is an odd combination. What makes Frost think she can give lessons in love? Especially since all her advice ultimately comes from Ralph.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:32 AM

I yelled, "Get a lair!" to Amunet Black and Goldface at the end.

The new Mirror Master is an interesting idea. The previous one on Earth-One was a meta, but this one seems to have at least started with tech. (Harry Wells had said there was an Earth-Two Mirror Master who was based on tech.)
Old 02-14-2020, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

While I won't praise the episode, I love Sackhoff's Amunet Black. She's just so over-the-top campy fun, it's hilarious. Such a change of pace from everything else I've seen her in.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
While I won't praise the episode, I love Sackhoff's Amunet Black. She's just so over-the-top campy fun, it's hilarious. Such a change of pace from everything else I've seen her in.
I was really hoping that she was going to drop that accent for the length of the truthtelling scene, but only for the length of the truthtelling scene, after which shed, yknow, be right back at work.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Agreed. It's almost like she's trying for a Batman 1966 Joker performance.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

S06E12: A Girl Named Sue

WHEN RALPH MET SUE - After months of searching for Sue Dearbon (guest star Natalie Dreyfuss), Ralph gets a lead on her whereabouts and finally comes face to face with his missing client. However, Sue refuses to return home to her family, and instead, takes Ralph on a daring adventure. Iris faces a new challenge while Barry considers a potentially dangerous request from a trusted source.

A Girl Named Sue promo: https://youtu.be/NpUicfFeLoU
Old Today, 12:05 AM

This was a well-plotted, tightly-written episode where seemingly unrelated plot threads all came together. Team Citizen's investigation into Joseph Carver and McCulloch Technologies, the disappearance of Eva McColluch, Iris in the mirrorverse, Ralph's investigation into Sue Dearbon, Ultraviolet and Black Hole. Great interplay between Ralph and Sue, plus a totally gratuitous but awesome catfight in catsuits.

The only plot theads that haven't been connected yet are Nash's visions of Harry and his connection to Allegra. Also, they seem to have totally forgotten about Godspeed.

I believe this is the first episode of the show without an appearance by Caitlin/Frost. Danielle Panabaker is (was) pregnant, so we might be seeing a lot less of Frost in coming episodes. Cisco, on the other hand, has no excuse.
Old Today, 08:33 AM

Are they testing the idea of a Ralph and/or Sue Dearborn spin-off? It felt like it. How did Cecile not pick up on Sue's deceit?

Is Sue a comic book character bonus for the fans?