Old 08-14-2019, 04:59 PM

Rep. Steve King, the disgrrace of the Hawkeye State (Iowa)

This guy is worse than the Manchurian Marmalade when it comes to saying stupid things. His latest? "Where would the human population be without rape and incest?"

Oh, yeah, he supposedly means that a lot of good people were born as a result of it, but we know where he's coming from.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...pe-or-n1042326
Old 08-14-2019, 05:31 PM

Not having committee assignments probably gives him a lo more time to "think" about stuff
Old 08-14-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
"Where would the human population be without rape and incest?"
I get the feeling that Rep. Steve King wouldn't be with us.

Last edited by Walken After Midnight; 08-14-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post

Well, you'd have to interview his mother, father, uncle, aunt, brother, and sister. Luckily, it might only be two interviews total.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
I don't think his family tree forks at all.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:53 PM

The idea that there would be no "population of the world left" if we could magically get rid of all rapes is ludicrous, but people are missing the larger point he was trying to make. And that is, if you are against abortion, it makes no sense from a humanitarian or religious point of view to think that it somehow becomes okay if the abortion is performed due to a rape. Either you believed a fetus is human from the beginning and abortion is murder, or you don't. It's bullshit to try and have it both ways.

Other than that, yeah, your thread title stands. What a moron, for the most part, this guy is.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddle Peghead View Post
What a moron, for the most part, this guy is.
Which part of him isn't moronic?
Old 08-15-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Which part of him isn't moronic?
The part based on what I said in my first post regarding being for certain cases of abortions. He's right about that.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
Oh, yeah, he supposedly means that a lot of good people were born as a result of it, but we know where he's coming from.
Thanks to incest, Steve King has voters.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:43 PM

I'm forced to conclude that King wants to fuck/rape his sister and/or mother.

CMC fnord!
Old 08-14-2019, 07:48 PM

Republicans-Complain about "The Squad"-elect buffoons like this guy.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:04 PM

Hm. A few years ago, in 2012, Rep. King told an Iowa reporter he’s never heard of a child getting pregnant from statutory rape or incest.

Presumably, then, all those rape and incest-caused pregnancies were only adult women.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Hm. A few years ago, in 2012, Rep. King told an Iowa reporter he’s never heard of a child getting pregnant from statutory rape or incest.

Presumably, then, all those rape and incest-caused pregnancies were only adult women.
And only from rape-rape, not sort of -rape. (Remember THAT conversation?)
Old 08-15-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
Republicans-Complain about "The Squad"-elect buffoons like this guy.
Yeah. Uh huh. Like if The Squad or any other librul Demoncrat forces these backwoods inbred sister fucking Nazi leaning white hood wearing motherfuckers to vote for these other backwoods inbred sister fucking Nazi leaning white hood wearing motherfuckers.

Sure. Whatever they say.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post

CMC fnord!

Well, that's only one person, right? It's not like he's establishing a pattern here.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Charter Member

Is anyone else afraid that King is going to be President someday? I'm looking at the downward trend of Republican Presidents and he looks like the next link in the chain.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Is anyone else afraid that King is going to be President someday? I'm looking at the downward trend of Republican Presidents and he looks like the next link in the chain.
I wouldn't be so confident that it will be King. Louie Gohmert certainly looks like a missing link from some chain somewhere. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't Michelle Bachmann try to get her name back in the news a while ago by claiming that Trump was the most Christian president ever? Trump is low, but there are a lot of things down in the bottom of the barrel with him.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Ooh, Darrell Issa can be Vice President. Dream team!
Old 08-14-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:

At the moment, I'm more concerned that the current president wants to be/thinks he is the king.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post

CMC fnord!
Well, how else do you expect the human population to keep growing?
Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 PM

So he's going for the inbred bastard vote, huh? Is that the majority in Iowa?

Last edited by Dag Otto; 08-14-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag Otto View Post
So he's going for the inbred bastard vote, huh? Is that the majority in Iowa?
Hey, hey, let’s not tar all the residents of Iowa with that filthy Steve King brush. His district is western and northwestern Iowa, more like eastern Nebraska and southeastern South Dakota than (most of) the rest of the state. Why, last November we happily kicked two other Republican congressmen to the curb, giving us three Democratic Representatives (and two of them women!) to make up for Slimy Steve.

There are plenty of “deplorables” in Iowa happy to vote for Trump/King/whoever’s the GOP candidate, but we’ve got some decent folk around here, too.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jocko View Post
Hey, hey, let’s not tar all the residents of Iowa with that filthy Steve King brush. His district is western and northwestern Iowa, more like eastern Nebraska and southeastern South Dakota than (most of) the rest of the state. Why, last November we happily kicked two other Republican congressmen to the curb, giving us three Democratic Representatives (and two of them women!) to make up for Slimy Steve.

There are plenty of “deplorables” in Iowa happy to vote for Trump/King/whoever’s the GOP candidate, but we’ve got some decent folk around here, too.
Yep. Mr. King represents my hometown, and I've noticed the defense of him by friends, family, and neighbors has become more sparse every time he opens his mouth. It doesn't help his cause when certain people are happy to point out how he's doing exactly nothing for his constituents except happily screwing them over.

Last I checked, he has three separate challengers for the Republican nomination - almost no one in his district likes him, but he's better than a dirty Democrat. If his challengers manage to not split the vote, he hopefully won't even make it to the general campaign. That would make this Iowa ex-pat VERY happy.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jocko View Post

Tar? I thought that was North Carolina.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Tar? I thought that was North Carolina.
Yep, we have plenty of our own racists, bigots, and misogynists in the Tar Heel State.

I think you have to reach back this far to find a North Carolina politician as vile as Steve King though.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:00 PM
zymolosely polydactile
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep's Phoenix View Post
I think you have to reach back this far to find a North Carolina politician as vile as Steve King though.
That's not reaching back very far. My daughter met him when her middle school class visited the senate (even tho we're from WI, not NC). She thought he was creepy.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:07 AM
Charter Member

Got to admit, watching a politician take the pro-rape/pro-incest stand is not something one sees everyday.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

It isn't the first time.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

True, that.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

If he meant that he could have said THAT. Not that rape and incest are a key survival strategy.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

IF Steve King gets to be President (and that's a very big IF) I hope he has novelist Stephen King as Veep. The King-King horror show.

Last edited by Annie-Xmas; 08-15-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
IF Steve King gets to be President (and that's a very big IF) I hope he has novelist Stephen King as Veep. The King-King horror show.

This morning on Facebook, from the novelist Stephen King: "Let's get 1 thing straight. I'm not THAT Steve King."
Old 08-15-2019, 01:20 PM

Steve King is human shit.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
This morning on Facebook, from the novelist Stephen King: "Let's get 1 thing straight. I'm not THAT Steve King."
I'm betting he has a macro set to say that whenever the politician opens his mouth.

'I'm the one who knows the horrific things he writes are fiction.'
Old 08-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Just waiting for Louie Gohmert to say "Hold mah beer, y'all."
Old 08-15-2019, 02:42 PM
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member

I actually appreciate the accidental(?) typo in the thread title because it made me think of Thurl Ravenscroft — and "the disgrrrrrrACE of the Hawkeye State" has a certain ring to it.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoDaFe View Post
I actually appreciate the accidental(?) typo in the thread title because it made me think of Thurl Ravenscroft — and "the disgrrrrrrACE of the Hawkeye State" has a certain ring to it.
You’re a mean one, Mr. King.
You really are a heel
You're as cuddly as a cactus
You're as charming as an eel
Mr. King
You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel

(Sung by Thurl Ravenscroft.)
Old 08-15-2019, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
You’re a mean one, Mr. King.
You really are a heel
You're as cuddly as a cactus
You're as charming as an eel
Mr. King
You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel

(Sung by Thurl Ravenscroft.)
Grim grinning posts come out to socialiiiiiiiize.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I heard Tony the Tiger.

And now that I've actually looked at OdF's link I see they're of course the same guy.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:25 PM

When you've lost Liz Cheney ... https://www.salon.com/2019/08/15/liz...le-in-history/
Old 08-15-2019, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
"They came for the communists and I did not speak out because I'm not a communist
They came for the liberals and I did not speak out because I'm not a liberal
They came for the blacks and I did not speak out because I'm not black
They came for the immigrants and I did not speak out because I'm not an immigrant
Then Steve King said something bad about women and I spoke up because this affected me personally"
Old 08-15-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Liz Cheney should get a grip, and figure out that this is not her party. This is the Steve King party. He speaks for the Trumpsters. Liz is the outlier here. She's the one who will be drummed out of the party if she keeps up attacking the Republican base this way.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Liz Cheney should get a grip, and figure out that this is not her party. This is the Steve King party. He speaks for the Trumpsters. Liz is the outlier here. She's the one who will be drummed out of the party if she keeps up attacking the Republican base this way.
Nah, Liz Cheney is a gigantic piece of shit as well. She fits right in.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:30 PM

Steve King isn't the disgrace of the Hawkeye State; he's just their Representative.
Quote:
Rep. Steve King’s most recent insensitive remarks about rape are the kind that have doomed political candidates elsewhere, but some fellow Iowa Republicans say it’s possible they actually could do more good than harm for the embattled congressman’s re-election chances by reinforcing his credentials as a social conservative.

King, who faces steep competition just to win the GOP primary in his bid for a 10th term, made the comment Tuesday before a conservative group.
Quote:
Shane Vander Hart, an Iowa political consultant and conservative writer, said King has plenty of problems as he faces a contested primary with little campaign money. But Vander Hart notes Republicans hold a 70,000-voter registration edge in the districts, and many of those people — including his top rival for the nomination — agree with King on most issues, including that abortion should be illegal in all cases.

“This is not some silver bullet that’s going to kill his campaign,” Vander Hart said. “The overall principle of what he’s saying, that’s what pro-lifers believe.”

Craig Williams, the Republican Party chairman in Carroll County, said support for King is strong and many Republicans think the congressman’s views aren’t fairly portrayed by the media.
There's a lot more backing up the view that this prolly won't have any real negative effect on King's support at the polls, too.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Steve King isn't the disgrace of the Hawkeye State; he's just their Representative.There's a lot more backing up the view that this prolly won't have any real negative effect on King's support at the polls, too.
I dunno. In the Stupid Republican Idea of the Day thread, it was noted that his last town hall meeting was sparsely attended.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:50 PM

And he's at it again! Yeah, right. Let's treat our minorities the way China treats theirs.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Didn’t Trump suggest shooting Muslims with bullets dipped in pork grease? These assholes don’t just want dead Muslims, they want humiliated dead Muslims who can’t get into Muslim heaven.

They seem nice.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Didn’t Trump suggest shooting Muslims with bullets dipped in pork grease? These assholes don’t just want dead Muslims, they want humiliated dead Muslims who can’t get into Muslim heaven.

They seem nice.
No, you’re misremembering quite a bit.

He favorably recounted a story (a debunked urban legend) that John Pershing rounded up 50 Muslim rebels in the Philippines during WWI, dipped bullets in pig’s blood, then executed 49 of them to let the 50th one spread the tale.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...onable-history

It was pig’s blood, not grease, and he didn’t suggest actually doing it, but rather used the story as a parable to show how humiliation can act as a deterrent to terrorists.

Regardless, it was still moronic. He was citing something that never really happened (which he does frequently, the truth doesn’t matter if it supports your message). He was endorsing something that would have been a wartime atrocity if it had actually happened. His story was a disgrace to the reputation of Pershing. Despicable.