Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 PM

Question

Looking to purchase a small, used air conditioner (Chicagoland area)

If you live within reasonable driving distance of west Chicagoland* (I'm in Woodridge) and have a used but functional window a/c unit, I'm interested in buying it. I'm looking in the 5k BTU range, just a small unit to cool my bedroom. I can get a new unit off Amazon for $109 including shipping, so for a used unit I'm looking to pay less. I will drive to your place, pay cash on the spot, and load it into the back seat of my car. Reply in-thread or send me a PM if you're interested!

*I'm assuming shipping on something as heavy as an a/c will be cost-prohibitive, so I'm just looking for local pickup*
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 PM

I used some of the keywords in your post to locate as its getting rather humid right now sticky heat! I have the window open but the wind is not blowing in the direction of the opened window to blow a cool breeze around. I grim and bear it.

So this, is what I found they're some items here might be within a few miles of driving distance.

http://chicago.ebayclassifieds.com/f...r&catId=100010
Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 PM

I did see a few units in my area, but they're all more expensive than the brand-new unit I'm eyeballing on Amazon. I'm also trying to avoid buying from a total stranger, because I would have fewer opportunities for recourse if they offloaded a stinker onto me.