Old 09-27-2012, 06:33 PM

I've written an interactive novel: "Choice of the Star Captain"

(Mostly copied from a similar thread in Cafe Society. Both posts are posted with permission from the Mods)

I'm a long time member, voracious lurker, and modestly-infrequent poster here on the Dope. I wanted to let folks know that I've just had an interactive novel published! I'm unreasonably excited.

The story/game, called Choice of the Star Captain, is a humorous (I hope!) choose-your-own-adventure style science fiction story, published by Choice of Games. It's all text, though there are some stats that feed back into the results of your choices.

Choice of the Star Captain is available for iOS, Android, Kindle and (via the Chrome Store) your PC. It's only $2.99, and if enough people buy it in the first few days, it ends up on various "featured apps" lists, which drives yet more sales, eventually resulting in Parthol's Unstoppable Star Captain Empire!

You can try it out for free on the Choice of Games website, where you can play the first couple of chapters. If you end up buying and liking it, I'd welcome a rating and/or a review! If you don't like it, you can still leave a... wait a minute, shouldn't you be folding your laundry?

You can buy it for your Android Device, or your Kindle, or for your PC via the Chrome Store. You can also download it onto your Apple device through the App Store.

Thanks for your consideration, and if you play it, I'd love to hear your gushing praise honest opinions!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:17 PM

I'll try it
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 AM

OK, I'll spare $2.99 to help a fellow Doper out, since it looks like it might be interesting. I bought the Android version, and I'll try to play it over the next few days.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM

Yeah, I'll buy it. I just have to figure out where I'll most use it. It won't go to my Kindle Fire (only my Kindle), I'm not sure why (which is where I'm most like to put it.)