Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM

Free New Series on the Secrets of Publicizing Your Indie Book!

Okay, y'all, this is 100% free. But it's posted on my blog, where I DO talk about my two upcoming books. So I'm posting it in Marketplace to be safe. I've decided to do a series about my new projects, all of which will lead to exciting new ways to market our indie books-- and which very few writers are doing, or will probably ever be doing. Because I am not an expert and don't play one on TV, I'm not even thinking of trying to charge for any of this. I want to share the work I've done, the things I've learned, and the projects I'm working on. I plan to post all of this at a cost of exactly $0. All I hope to get in return is opinions, thoughts, input, knowledge, and sharing. So... check it out.

It All Begins Here, on Anise's Blog...
Old 01-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Revenant
Charter Member

It's generally okay to mention one of your blog posts, but since this is related to promoting your books, you did the right thing putting it here in Marketplace.

Good luck on those upcoming books! If you wish to talk about the books here on the Dope, that's fine too. If I recall correctly, one of the very first threads I participated in included a discussion of one of my books.

Also, if they're nonfiction, it's fine to mention them in GD or GQ when you are answering questions related to the subjects of the books as a way of verifying your credentials.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM

Thanks! I really wanted to be sure of doing this the right way. It actually isn't about promoting the books as such, though. I'm kind of documenting the process of creating consistent visual imagery for these books and also talking about why I'm doing it the way I am. I do think that some people might find it useful. But if nobody ever buys a single book as a result of this series, that's fine too.