Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 AM
Charter Member

Book by a Doper (& his non-Doper dad), "In Freedom We Trust: An Atheist Guide to Religious Liberty"

It rather belatedly occurs to me that we have a place where members can advertise stuff for sale, and that I have co-authored a book (with my father), In Freedom We Trust: An Atheist Guide to Religious Liberty, published a couple of months ago by Prometheus Books.

My dad is former president of American Atheists and before that was executive director of the Council for Secular Humanism. I'm, you know, me.

Despite the subtitle, the book is not just for atheists; rather it's by atheists and we don't try to hide that fact. Nonetheless, it is not an argument against the existence of God, and is definitely not an argument that the U.S. government (or any other government) should be hostile to Christianity; rather, we argue that secularism in government (separation of church and state) is the best thing for everyone--Christians, believers in other religions, and non-believers of all stripes.

The book is available through all the usual online outlets (e.g., Amazon.com) and is actually stocked on the shelves of at least some Barnes & Noble locations. There's also a Kindle edition. It's also been stocked by some libraries (any Seattle dopers in particular ought to be able to find it, because they apparently have several copies in the local library system out there).

Ceterum censeo imperium Trumpi esse delendam
Old 02-11-2013, 07:26 AM

Looks interesting. Congratulations on getting your book out!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 AM

Very cool!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31 AM

That's teriffic. Congratulations.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, y'all! (And congratulations to you, too, LavenderBlue.)