Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM

Custom classic cars for sale in NC

These cars were the work and personal property of the late Gordy McLean (my father), a noted and well-respected custom car builder for over 50 years. Well-known in his native Chicago and his adopted home of Fuquay-Varina North Carolina for his skillful restorations and attention to detail, Gordy exhibited and drove these "Gordy Specials" throughout the area.

Please see this link for photos and contact information.

1964 Buick Riviera full custom
This '64 Rivvy street rod is one of the nicest ever built and draws crowds and trophies wherever it goes. Full custom body-off restoration completed in early 2010. Rebuilt original 425 Nailhead engine with twin 4BBL carbs, chrome throughout, numbers match. Highly customized interior and trunk including molded detail interior panels throughout. All modern amenities - A/C, Power brakes, power steering. Remote power doors and windows. 4-corner airbag suspension with remote - can be set to multiple positions for driving, parking, showing. Custom billet grille and hidden headlight treatment. 20" chrome wheels. Laser sharp bodywork and paint in 2-tone cream and copper scheme carried throughout. Original chrome trim and bumpers restored. 2-amplifier audio system with subwoofer. Full project records. NC Title.

Original 425 chrome air cleaner assembly and some other original parts also available.

Offered at $54,900

1950 Chevy Coupe full custom
Body-off restoration completed circa 2000. Rebuilt big-block Chevy engine has approximately 500 miles. Auto transmission, power brakes, modern suspension. Custom details throughout.

Offered at $24,500

2005 C6 Corvette convertible
This car is a rare 6-speed C6 convertible, optimized for active driving with sport seats, heads-up display, and the Z51 handling package. Mild reversible customizations including custom flame painted graphics, billet grille and chrome wheels.

<29,000 miles
6-speed
Daytona Orange / Tan / Black
Custom painted graphics: multi-color urethane, hand pinstriping, clearcoat
Billet Grille
Chrome copy wheels
Heads-up Display
Handling package (Option Z51)
Memory Seats, heated leather
Bose stereo (6-CD changer / XM)
BF Goodrich G-Force TA tires, new at 23K
Adult driven, has seen no abuse, racing, or bad weather
Mobil 1 always

Offered at $33,900

1954 Chevy project car
This car would make a great project for an experienced restorer or custom builder. The body on this car is exceptionally clean, and complete, the tricky spot is that the previous owner had started a chop-top effort that left the top tack-welded as shown in the pictures. Dad had planned to basically restore the original lines and then do a more correct customization.

All body panels, grille, glass included. Also included but not pictured is the frame. We also have original seats and interior panels. The rotisserie pictured is not included but could be used for initial transport. Not included are engine, transmission, front suspension, title. The rear floor pans, trunk and trunk lid are all in excellent condition, the front floor pans need some work. All the body moldings and many trim parts are included and in good condition (a rare find).

REDUCED asking price $2200

Dad was an incredibly talented customizer. Sadly (despite my user name), I did not inherit his passion or ability in this field. But I can personally attest that his custom cars are one-of-a-kind, extremely high quality works of art. The Riviera in particular may be my favorite of all his projects. The 'vette is mostly stock, but he added his signature flame job and changed the grille and wheels. Also, we're working to get more complete information on the '50 Chevy. I'll post any updates as they are available.

Feel free to post any questions and I'll do my best to answer them here. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 PM

hmmm looks up Aussie dollar, chevy project car could be a good one to strip and part out?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 PM

If you're asking if we'd consider selling it for parts instead of all at once, no. We're offering the entire car (or rather, what there is of it) as-is.

Should somebody with an entrepreneurial streak see it as an opportunity for profit, sure, have at it. Nobody on our end is interested in doing so. Mom just wants it gone.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 AM

Wow. Other than the wheels, which aren't my style, that '64 Riv is BEAUTIFUL.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Thanks, BomTek -- it's even more impressive in person, IMO.
Dad was a perfectionist, and the attention to detail on this car is amazing, even by his standards. Note the raised designs inside the doors and trunk, the textured upholstery, etc...

As I said upthread, it's a true work of art.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM

In case anybody was interested, the '54 Chevy project has been sold.

The others are still available.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM

I'm gonna need to buy a lottery ticket.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 AM

UPDATE: The Corvette is now on eBay.

Starting bid $27,500.00, no reserve
Buy-it-now $30,500.00
Old 11-14-2011, 10:38 AM

FURTHER UPDATE: The Corvette has been sold!

The 1964 Riviera and 1950 Chevy are still available.
I realize there is only a niche market for these cars, but if you know of any serious collectors, please pass along the link. They are truly one-of-a-kind works and fantastic show pieces. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Charter Member

Have you tried posting in the For Sale section of the My Classic Car forums?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Lute. Hi just joined. How do I find the for sale form. I said I am New. Went to the link and "not there anymore. Is it inside here?
Thanks. Sea girl

Last edited by Rico; 06-08-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: remove advertisement
Old 06-07-2013, 04:25 PM

Did you notice this thread is a year and a half old? The site may not be there any more.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Screwing the unscrutable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagirl View Post
Lute. Hi just joined. How do I find the for sale form. I said I am New. Went to the link and "not there anymore. Is it inside here?
Thanks. Sea girl
Sea Girl:

If you wish to advertise something here on this site, you must become a paying member. If you do that (click User CP, then on the left side click on Paid Subscriptions), you can advertise your car here as well. With pictures.

Hope you decide to join us.

Ric

Last edited by Rico; 06-08-2013 at 10:58 PM.