Old 08-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

Please help crowdfund my Steampunk short film

Hey there

I have permission from the Mods to crosspost this here. I'm looking to crowdfund my first short film via IndieGogo, to get it complete and out and about, and also to keep me alive while I finish it up.

It's a Steampunk film called Eleanor Xandler, Temporal Detective, about a heroic noblewoman who tries to prevent her friend Professor Gambit from completing an experiment that may tear the fabric of space-time. It's got an airship, electric weapons, and cool costumes, set in a Victorian-influenced alternative universe.

It's only a brief few minutes long, but has a lot of digital post-production involved because I shot the entire thing on greenscreen. I have had to painstakingly create the backgrounds using 3D graphics all by myself. Fun, but challenging and time-consuming.

I'm not asking for a large amount of money, I want to my goal to be reachable, but it is a testbed to see if we can feasibly fund future, more ambitious projects.

It would be great if anyone could help me out, if not by donating yourself then at least by spreading it around to as many people and places as possible.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:47 PM

So you've already shot the movie, or what?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Charter Member

Yes, I filmed it already, and it's the post-production that's taking all my time, because I'm doing it all myself. I paid for it all out of my own pocket right before when I lost my job, so I've been living on fumes for a while.