Old 01-26-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopachok View Post
Aww, you poow baby, it wiww be ok, it wiww be ok...
Why would you be terrified of having the people who oversaw the steepest decline of American influence since Jimmy Carter resign?
Sure, you can blame Ogunga all you want, but the complete and utter incompetence of State Department is obvious. It is high time to clean the house and drain the swamp..
"Hi, I'm gopachok and the very first thing you should know about me is that I'm an utter flaming asshole. Go Trump!"
Old 01-26-2017, 07:19 PM

Well, that was fun while it lasted!
Old 01-26-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AClockworkMelon View Post
Whenever any of you are upset, just browse this Twitter account that retweets people who regret voting Trump: https://twitter.com/trump_regrets?lang=en
It's easy to see why people wouldn't know Trump is an narcissistic ignoramus given America's famously short election season.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:39 PM

He. Just. Cannot. Let. it. Go.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politi...on-crowd-size/

Quote:
Trump called Michael T. Reynolds, acting director of the National Park Service, to express anger over the fact the National Park Service's official Twitter account retweeted a message that negatively compared the crowd sizes at the two inaugurations.
Apparently the Deputy press Secretary has the patter down already:

Quote:
Sanders said the call proves Trump "is so engaged, he is so involved and when he sees a problem, he takes action to fix it."

"If he sees an issue, he is going to take action and do something to fix it," Sanders said.
It just boggles my mind...this should have been worth a few snarky comments for a day or so on Facebook/Twitter and then filed in the back archives, but he keeps coming back to it again and again.

I have resisted the easy way people (with no experience in the matter) have diagnosed him as having a disorder, but this..well, obsession is the only word I can use to describe it...is making me wonder.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:41 PM
Elephant Whisperer

What we really need is a "How has President Trump pissed you off this hour?" thread.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:56 PM
SDSAB

Well, you can POST hourly, if you want to.

There's nothing quite as fun as proposing a ruinous tariff for one of our biggest trading partners: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politi...all/index.html
Old 01-27-2017, 01:38 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcWoman View Post
I haven't seen it mentioned here, but it's going through my Facebook feed (FWIW) that he's placed a gag order on not just science departments but on all federal agencies. Anybody know if this is true? I have some Facebook friends who work for various agencies and have created new FB pages with pseudonyms but even then they're keeping their heads down after posting that they need to keep their mouths shut.

If this is true, it's as scary as all the rest, if not more so.
There are at least 20 rogue Twitter accounts for various agencies posting now. I've seen them doing things like coordinating getting things from the EPA and other sites backed up to the Internet Archive before they get wiped.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
They're about as Russian as a deep-fried Twinkie.
I'm playing that Trumpian 3D chess thing with them.

One down one to go.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suranyi View Post
Remember that old movie "Revenge of the Nerds"? Well, this election has been the opposite: Revenge of the Morons. And the whole country has to suffer the consequences.
Revenge of the Morlocks, you mean. It doesn't pay for the Eloi to become complacent.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
It's easy to see why people wouldn't know Trump is an narcissistic ignoramus given America's famously short election season.
Also how covert he was with that shit throughout the campaign, or indeed his entire career.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:01 AM

My god, has it really only been one week? With the nonstop Trump campaign and post election pre-presidency bloviating it feels like his presidency should be at least 1/4 over. Sigh, 207 more weeks to go.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:12 AM

He's still obsessed about the crowd and the popular vote. What a whiny asshole.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AClockworkMelon View Post
Whenever any of you are upset, just browse this Twitter account that retweets people who regret voting Trump: https://twitter.com/trump_regrets?lang=en
I have mixed feelings. I do like seeing how quickly he has disappointed his voters, but geez, what did they expect?
Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of a Rich View Post
He's still obsessed about the crowd and the popular vote. What a whiny asshole.
He needs to be hammered constantly with how he is disliked, and what a loser he is. Finally, he's going to blow, and order martial law invoked or something else nutty. Then he'll be ushered out of office.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:34 AM

Trump Acts To Sabotage Obamacare Enrollment, Days Before Deadline. He ordered the government to halt ads and emails, which could mean fewer signups and higher premiums.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...fi0iwyul92j4i&
Old 01-27-2017, 11:55 AM

Trump wants to publish weekly a list of crimes committed by immigrants.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...y-undocumented

Quote:
The order says the Homeland Security Secretary “shall utilize the Declined Detainer Outcome Report or its equivalent and, on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens."

The aim, according to the document, is “to better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions.”
Sadly, this will presumably not be accompanied with stats on violent crime rates by immigrants and how they compare to the native population.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
He needs to be hammered constantly with how he is disliked, and what a loser he is. Finally, he's going to blow, and order martial law invoked or something else nutty. Then he'll be ushered out of office.
This. Keep pushing until he blows up. The sooner he blows, the sooner he's gone.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:02 PM
SDSAB

His approval rating: 36%. Someone is paying attention: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politi...oll/index.html
Old 01-27-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Rump View Post

Sadly, this will presumably not be accompanied with stats on violent crime rates by immigrants and how they compare to the native population.
Can we get a similar list of crimes committed by cops?

This is one of the more worrisome things I've seen yet. Based on the order as excerpted in the story, I'm not clear if the "detailed list" is meant to include names and other personally identifiable information on the offenders. If so, what outcome does Trump expect? It sure sounds to me like such a list would encourage vigilantism. Trying to make members of a scapegoat group easily, publicly identifiable is .... concerning.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
That's the best strategy. I wish someone would start a crowdfunding initiative to put a billboard with this picture in front of Trump Tower for the duration of his presidency. Mockery and derision will get much further in advancing the anti-Trump cause than rational argument, unfortunately.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
That's the best strategy. I wish someone would start a crowdfunding initiative to put a billboard with this picture in front of Trump Tower for the duration of his presidency. Mockery and derision will get much further in advancing the anti-Trump cause than rational argument, unfortunately.
This pic would work, also.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of a Rich View Post
This one.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:17 PM

A small pleasure: It's eating him up that his is smaller than Obama's, and the whole world saw it.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:43 PM

Trump claims he predicted Brexit in Scotland the day before the vote:

Quote:
“I happened to be in Scotland, at Turnberry, cutting a ribbon when Brexit happened," he said. "And we had a vast amount of press there and I said, Brexit — this was the day before, you probably remember — I said Brexit is going to happen, and I was scorned in the press for making that prediction," he said on Friday.
Small problem - people actually do remember - the truth.

Quote:
He landed in the UK after the referendum and praised the outcome during the ribbon-cutting ceremony in Scotland on June 24, 2016 -- a day later.
I'm sure Trump is just presenting alternate facts. Or, he is unable to tell dates apart, and his memory is severely faulty.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
This is one of the more worrisome things I've seen yet. Based on the order as excerpted in the story, I'm not clear if the "detailed list" is meant to include names and other personally identifiable information on the offenders. If so, what outcome does Trump expect? It sure sounds to me like such a list would encourage vigilantism. Trying to make members of a scapegoat group easily, publicly identifiable is .... concerning.
And, over at 4chan, people have been trying to engineer a group effort to trick undocumented immigrants into outing themselves so they could be identified and deported. Some users tried to get the hashtag #UndocumentedUnafraid to start trending so the 4chan posse could collect information on those who used it. Other users discussed the possibility of creating fake scholarship application sites aimed at undocumented immigrants.

I fear things will soon go downhill fast for anyone who even looks like they might be an undocumented immigrant.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/01...eported/215156

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 01-27-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Nah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
A small pleasure: It's eating him up that his is smaller than Obama's, and the whole world saw it.
Obama's black. Of course Trump's is smaller. Jeez, have you not paid attention to any positive black stereotypes?

Last edited by Superdude; 01-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

What's the other one?
Old 01-27-2017, 02:34 PM

This one
Old 01-27-2017, 07:28 PM

Great Goal Gods (it's a soccer thing), how can you manage to screw this up, Mr. President?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ment/97150252/

Quote:
In a departure from predecessors on both sides of the political aisle, President Trump’s statement Friday marking International Holocaust Remembrance Day did not mention the deaths of six million Jews — a lapse the head of the Anti-Defamation League called “puzzling and troubling.”
Old 01-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Great Goal Gods (it's a soccer thing), how can you manage to screw this up, Mr. President?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ment/97150252/
It could have been worse.

The teleprompter could have failed.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:

Reading that article, I can't tell whether this list would include cases where an undocumented immigrant was convicted of or pled guilty to a crime, was simply arrested for a crime, or was simply accused of a crime, or cases where a crime was or may have been committed and the criminal was unknown but could have been, might have been, an undocumented person.

There's no way this could possibly go wrong, right? Right?
Old 01-27-2017, 09:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Maybe Steve Bannon drafted the Holocaust statement. Steve Bannon has never cared for the Jooz.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:16 PM

Trump has pissed me off by still believing that vaccinations cause autism. It would be funny, if it weren't so scary.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
This one
Taken seconds before a reflexive pussy grab.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:21 PM

His stupid press conference pre-empted The Price Is Right, Dammit!

I complained to my wife, as she said, "I knew he was going after TPP, but I didn't know he had it in for TPIR."

She's pretty goddamn funny sometimes.

Last edited by Gatopescado; 01-27-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:16 PM
SDSAB

Trump says Christian refugees should get priority treatment. No church-state issues there, right? Yeesh: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politi...ees/index.html
Old 01-27-2017, 11:50 PM
Yo soy pinche idiota
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
If Trump (or any other elected official, really) were truly serious about stopping illegal immigration over the US's southern border, then all they'd really have to do is actually start punishing businesses and individuals who are hiring illegals. If no jobs are available, then nobody will come for them. But, of course, we all know the likelihood of that happening.
And really, if you wanted to actually cure the problem rather than punish folks who exploit it, you'd work to get both sides of the border closer to parity WRT the fortunes of the poor. Ya know, make it less appealing to risk your life.

Yeah, fixing Mexico isn't the US's job. If you were serious about stopping illegal immigration from there, making Mexico better might actually be effective. Building a wall's likely to just going to put a financial drain on us, while providing just a minor inconvenience to the average illegal immigrant.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Trump says Christian refugees should get priority treatment. No church-state issues there, right? Yeesh: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politi...ees/index.html
Ya, it is purely a anti-Christian move too.

Quote:
It’s hypocrisy to call yourself a Christian and chase away a refugee or someone seeking help, someone who is hungry or thirsty, toss out someone who is in need of my help, If I say I am Christian, but do these things, I’m a hypocrite.

Crazy thing how those who invoke Religion to condemn beliefs of others rarely following their own beliefs.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:57 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Rat: Is post 188 a Parody?

This afternoon, I heard Trump being interviewed. He provided more proof he hasn't a clue about what the office of President of the United States of America is: "As president, I have the right to tax Mexico". GGA, we are truly doomed.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Here is a Trump countdown clock.

It might be reset early or it may need to add another 4 years (God help us).

Last edited by DesertDog; 01-28-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

How has President Trump pissed you off today?

I haven't seen the news today, but presumably, he woke up.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkyandpinky View Post
What a truly amazing and impressive list.

President Trump has already accomplished more in his first few days than the golfer accomplished in his entire 8 years!

Happy times are here again! Indeed! Isn't it great to finally have a President that actually cares about the American people for a change?

It's pretty funny how hordes of delusional people on the left and virtually the entire crooked media claimed that he didn't have a chance of winning. Watching youtube videos of Hillary supporters crying is better than any comedy film released in the past year.

Another talking point that was popular was how he wasn't really serious and there for example wasn't going to be a wall. Trump doesn't really mean anything that he says, it's never going to happen, it's all talk! said plenty of people with their heads up their butts.

I can't wait to hear the next predictions from these highly enlightened people.

Whatever they predict or claim about Trump, you can expect the exact opposite to come true. They are batting zero. Keep up the good work!

I believe that Trump will go down in history as one of the greatest American Presidents of all time, rivaling Washington and Lincoln, and perhaps even surpassing them.
Just one question*, you fucking shitstain:

Why do you hate America?

*Actually, I guess it's more like commentary, since I put you on "Ignore" immediately after posting this, and I won't see any response you make.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:30 PM

Here's one...

Trump issued his royal decree on refugees. You know the one to ban all terrorists. But only the Muslim ones. And only certain oens.

There seems no actual security reason for Trump's buffoonish, white-nationalist inspired refugee ban. It's not aimed that the nations terrorists have actually come from. Though Trump referred to 9/11 multiple times in his order, the perpetrators of 9/11 came from none of the countries currently being targeted. In fact, those nations have been exempted. His list doesn’t include Muslim-majority countries where his Trump Organization has done business or pursued potential deals.
Instead, the order targets the nations where Muslim refugees fleeing violence are most likely to come from: Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. Turkey has been seeing waves of terrorism; they are exempt. Neither any of the 9/11 hijackers nor the Boston Marathon bombers were from any of these nations.
The order is aimed at refugees, not terrorists.

Further, his order that only Christians are to be allowed, is a Religious Test and violates the hell out of the Constitution he just swore to uphold defend blah blah blah.

It reminds me of the ban on Jewish refugees during the run up to World War 2, when we deliberately contributed to the deaths of who the fuck knows how many people.

It's illegal, hateful and it's ...

Fucking Disgusting.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
He. Just. Cannot. Let. it. Go.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politi...on-crowd-size/

Apparently the Deputy press Secretary has the patter down already:

It just boggles my mind...this should have been worth a few snarky comments for a day or so on Facebook/Twitter and then filed in the back archives, but he keeps coming back to it again and again.

I have resisted the easy way people (with no experience in the matter) have diagnosed him as having a disorder, but this..well, obsession is the only word I can use to describe it...is making me wonder.
Go to some medical site... ANY medical site, and read the laundry list of symptoms for NPD (Narcissism). He aced it.
Then read the list for sociopaths, especially the part about lying/flattering/manipulating/using/etc. he pretty much aces that shit too.

All the descriptions seem to say ONE thing that you all need to remember. This type tends to destroy those around him and doesn't give a damn.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Just one question*, you fucking shitstain:

Why do you hate America?

*Actually, I guess it's more like commentary, since I put you on "Ignore" immediately after posting this, and I won't see any response you make.
I'll join in on THIS pile up. I tried to give a reasoned response somewhere around here, to his "illegals and avacados" bullshit. But no more. He really is a piece of shit.

He goes on my ignore too, and I almost never do that.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post

Further, his order that only Christians are to be allowed, is a Religious Test and violates the hell out of the Constitution he just swore to uphold defend blah blah blah.
[/B]
I honestly don't know how we are supposed to tell Christians from the others? Ask them to recite 2 Corinthians?
Old 01-28-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
I honestly don't know how we are supposed to tell Christians from the others? Ask them to recite 2 Corinthians?
Good old TWO Corinthians. Or how about, Paul's letters to the Galoshes (or is it the Croations)
Old 01-28-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
It's OK If A Republican Violates The Constitution.

(The 2nd amendment is the only one the really counts anyway)

Soon to come:

It's OK If A Republican Uses Lots of Executive Orders

It's OK If A Republican Massively Increases The Debt

Last edited by Euphonious Polemic; 01-28-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
If Trump (or any other elected official, really) were truly serious about stopping illegal immigration over the US's southern border, then all they'd really have to do is actually start punishing businesses and individuals who are hiring illegals. If no jobs are available, then nobody will come for them. But, of course, we all know the likelihood of that happening.
Please do not use "illegal" as a noun. It is dehumanizing and indecent.

TIA.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:27 PM

Prime Minister Trudeau has just posted:

"To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength. #welcometocanada"

Canada has now resettled almost 40,000 refugees from Syria. They are settling in well. They are going to be wonderful new citizens, and they & their descendants will contribute to our country for years to come. (Just as immigrants from countless countries have done in the past)