Old 07-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

The dumb stuff, that was all adaher the tighty-righty. This is adaher v2.0 the non-partisan centrist, so all that stuff is poof! gone!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaher View Post
When I say victory, I mean getting more than her husband did.
To be fair, very few of us get more than her husband did.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffy the Elephant Shrew View Post
To be fair, very few of us get more than her husband did.
Nice... (clapping)
I said at the time that Bill gettin' frisky in the Oval Office would be seen as a plus in many european countries.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:46 PM

I support #BLM but I do not support their telling an old man that he can't use a public sidewalk.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/177002277-story
Old 07-21-2016, 06:24 PM
Charter Member

There is no "them" yet, BLM has yet to "jell" into an organized entity. Who would you turn to for the current correct position of the BLM Central Committee? I exaggerate a bit, but imagine you will still see the point.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
There is no "them" yet, BLM has yet to "jell" into an organized entity. Who would you turn to for the current correct position of the BLM Central Committee? I exaggerate a bit, but imagine you will still see the point.

While undeniably true, the same can be said of most movements; and many of them have "stupid ideas".
Old 07-22-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Fair enough, but protest etiquette really should be taught in Left Wing Politics 101. It comes to right-wingers naturally, as shown in the very civilized Tea Party protests, but I guess lefties need to be taught this stuff. Such as, don't piss people off if you want them to side with you.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:42 AM
Charter Member

That form is practiced here in Minnesota!

"What do we want"
"Justice!"
"When do we want it?
"Well, pretty soon, if its not a lot of trouble!"

A pity those crazy radicals calling themselves "The Sons of Liberty" didn't hear about this. God Save the Queen is a much better tune than the Star Spangled Banner.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Fair enough, but protest etiquette really should be taught in Left Wing Politics 101. It comes to right-wingers naturally, as shown in the very civilized Tea Party protests,...
Oh yeah, signs like this are the very pinnacle of civility.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:53 AM

Signs, no matter how awful, are civilized. Disrupting the life of innocent citizens because you're angry at the government is an actual problem. Violence and lawbreaking as part of protesting is even more problematic. The left has even forgotten what civil disobedience is. Contrary to the modern liberal belief, it is not breaking any laws you feel like as an expression of protest. Civil disobedience is breaking specific laws you consider unjust. Last I checked, no one thought laws against shitting on patrol cars was problematic.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Contrary to the modern liberal belief, it is not breaking any laws you feel like as an expression of protest...
You've been asked before to check your facts before you post. Or at least stop and read what you've written before you hit 'submit'.

That didn't work, so how about another idea:

Every time you catch yourself telling us what liberals believe, think "Hmmm, I've created a strawman here. And probably an offensive strawman. Why don't I just take that phrase out? Because I care about whether I'm just making stuff up or not."

Now, if we're being too idealistic and you actually don't care, feel free to keep it up.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Contrary to the modern liberal belief, it is not breaking any laws you feel like as an expression of protest.
Missed this earlier -- I'll add to digs pile on.

What a load of fucking bullshit nonsense. Pathetic lazy cowardly crap. Stop with this straw-man shit.

Why do you say this crap? Do you think it's true when you're typing it, or are you just trying to get a dig in on liberals?

Stop it.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Every time you catch yourself telling us what liberals believe, think "Hmmm, I've created a strawman here. And probably an offensive strawman. Why don't I just take that phrase out? Because I care about whether I'm just making stuff up or not."
Well he knows what Americans believe, want, feel, think, what they're afraid of and who they trust. He tells us all the fucking time. Now, liberals being a subset of Americans, of course he can tell us what liberals believe. It's like one of those QED thingies.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:49 PM
BANNED

stupid liberal idea of the day:Tim Kaine isn't liberal enough to be on Hillary's ticket.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Why do you say this crap? Do you think it's true when you're typing it, or are you just trying to get a dig in on liberals?
It's heartbreaking. Every time he has a moment of lucidity, letting us think the fever has finally broken, he relapses into this partisan-bubble yeehawing. But then he has another moment of lucidity, and our hopes are once again renewed.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekMichaels00 View Post
stupid liberal idea of the day:Tim Kaine isn't liberal enough to be on Hillary's ticket.
You know, the whole thing with these "of the day" threads is you post a link to an example of the stupidity of the day. And usually, it is a politician or pundit being pilloried, not some faceless prole with a goofy opinion. If all you have is just a vague caricature of a liberal cribbed from a tighty righty radio show, it's really not very entertaining, nor particularly vexing for your political adversaries. So why don't you go back to Google News and try again.

Last edited by Fear Itself; 07-22-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

If nominating Tim Whatshisface increases the chances of a total wipeout of TrumpCo in Nov. I am totally on board. Deal with the present emergency, squabble later.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
You know, the whole thing with these "of the day" threads is you post a link to an example of the stupidity of the day. And usually, it is a politician or pundit being pilloried, not some faceless prole with a goofy opinion. If all you have is just a vague caricature of a liberal cribbed from a tighty righty radio show, it's really not very entertaining, nor particularly vexing for your political adversaries. So why don't you go back to Google News and try again.
go on Daily Kos or DemUndergroud if you wanna see what I mean.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Contrary to the modern liberal belief, it is not breaking any laws you feel like as an expression of protest.
Cliven Bundy: Modern Liberal.

Scratch that... Cliven Bundy: Modern Liberal Hero!
Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
go on Daily Kos or DemUndergroud if you wanna see what I mean.
If it's not worth linking to, then it's not worth posting about.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
If it's not worth linking to, then it's not worth posting about.
here it is, from the head of Daily Kos himself.

I used to be a hardcore Dem, until 2009. Because of this kind of purity thing, and I used to post there back in 2008-2010 (as well as opening my eyes to the true nature of radical Islam, which of course DKos is far-left on), I drifted to the center, tho not quite to the right.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:11 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
I used to be a hardcore Dem, until 2009. Because of this kind of purity thing, and I used to post there back in 2008-2010 (as well as opening my eyes to the true nature of radical Islam, which of course DKos is far-left on), I drifted to the center, tho not quite to the right.
OK, I'll bite; what is the far-left position on radical Islam?

Last edited by Fear Itself; 07-22-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:15 PM

Explain to me how not getting excited about Tim Kaine is stupid.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
It's peachy-keen; sharia law is A-OK; and terrorists should be coddled. Didn't you get the memo?
Old 07-22-2016, 06:21 PM

And the more we let into the country, the better.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
here it is, from the head of Daily Kos himself.

Thanks.
Just to explain something, I went to the KOS front page. No Kaine story.
Did a search for "Tim Kaine". A long list of articles, several of which might have been what you were talking about.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Missed this earlier -- I'll add to digs pile on.

What a load of fucking bullshit nonsense. Pathetic lazy cowardly crap. Stop with this straw-man shit.

Stop it.
But it's what right wingnuts do. It's all they have.

Tune in to the Dem convention next week, and you will see them opposing actual Republican planks --- tax cuts for the rich; restriction of voter rights, abortion rights, and LGBT rights; rollback of environmental and worker protection; etc.

Tune in to the Rep convention last week, and you saw them opposing made-up bullshit ----
abolishing the second amendment; unrestricted terrorist immigration; gutting the military; and hating cops. Not to mention giving all our secrets to Russia and murdering our ambassadors.

ETA: to be fair, they do oppose an actual thing, namely Obamacare. Why it enrages Republicans to see millions of previously uninsured Americans to have affordable health care, I don't know, but it does.

Last edited by TonySinclair; 07-22-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySinclair View Post

ETA: to be fair, they do oppose an actual thing, namely Obamacare. Why it enrages Republicans to see millions of previously uninsured Americans to have affordable health care, I don't know, but it does.
Why are Republicans so afraid to call it by it's proper name-Romneycare?

Last edited by running coach; 07-22-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

Because its original name was Hillarycare.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I have it on good authority that the Democratic Party collectively cries its soft, feminine blue eyes out every night to have lost a leading intellectual light such as yourself, and is ready to move mountains to sway you back to their side. You and your vote are that important, Derek, and don't you ever for one moment think otherwise.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Because its original name was Hillarycare.
Ahem. Nixoncare.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:43 PM
Charter Member

Stretching the outer limits of oxymoron.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punoqllads View Post
Ahem. Nixoncare.
Jesuscare.

Top that!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punoqllads View Post
Ahem. Nixoncare.
And before that, Trumancare. Before that, Teddycare. But originally Bismarckcare.

So it was long overdue.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
And before that, Trumancare. Before that, Teddycare. But originally Bismarckcare.

So it was long overdue.
Noahcare. Started out as a family business.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
that using the term "is bad because 'demonizes' Islam," the "daylight" between America and Israel would lower terrorism, all the stuff this article lays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
I have it on good authority that the Democratic Party collectively cries its soft, feminine blue eyes out every night to have lost a leading intellectual light such as yourself, and is ready to move mountains to sway you back to their side. You and your vote are that important, Derek, and don't you ever for one moment think otherwise.
Even for your dickery to me, Democrat party registration has dropped a decent amount since Obama took office; he beat his opponent for re-election by a smaller than his first election, a first since Woodrow Wilson. The Democrats' Jewish margin went from +57% down to +39%, and Jewish voters are concentrated in swing states and since they're largely successful capitalist winners, so went a lot of campaign contributions.

Last edited by DerekMichaels00; 07-23-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Even for your dickery to me, Democrat party registration has dropped a decent amount since Obama took office; he beat his opponent for re-election by a smaller than his first election, a first since Woodrow Wilson. The Democrats' Jewish margin went from +57% down to +39%, and Jewish voters are concentrated in swing states and since they're largely successful capitalist winners, so went a lot of campaign contributions.
Obama went from landslide to big win... hardly a negative accomplishment. It would have been almost impossible to do better than '08 -- which states could he have won?
Old 07-23-2016, 07:18 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
that using the term "is bad because 'demonizes' Islam," the "daylight" between America and Israel would lower terrorism, all the stuff this article lays out.
So you don't have any thoughts of your own on what the "far left" thinks about radical Islam? Other than a semantic gotcha? C'mon, throw us a bone here; I want to debate you, not some columnist I don't know. What does the real DerekMichaels00 think about this?
Old 07-23-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Noahcare. Started out as a family business.

Turtlecare. All the way down.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nars Glinley View Post
Turtlecare. All the way down.
That was just a shell corporation for Big Bang Clinics, Inc.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
...Jewish voters are concentrated in swing states and since they're largely successful capitalist winners...
Uh, what? They are? Oh. Well, OK then. Settles that.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Obama went from landslide to big win... hardly a negative accomplishment. It would have been almost impossible to do better than '08 -- which states could he have won?
It irritated me that he and the DNC didn't try harder to hold NC, IN, and MO in '12 too. Even if they weren't needed, it might get them more habituated to voting Democratic. Tilting the needle to the blue side, if only barely, in FL and VA does sort of make up for that, but Dean's 50-state approach needs to be more widely embraced.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:49 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Obama won by less than 7.8 in 2008; Bill won by 8.5 in 1996, Reagan by 18% in 1984, etc. 2008 was decisive, but not a landslide. And Clinton, Reagan, Nixon all won by more their second time than their first time. As did Ike, FDR too.

In the first place, in 2008, Hillary had a shot of winning the blue wall states (something that Bill Clinton built, and all Obama did was piggyback off) plus states Bill won that Obama got smoked in, like WV, LA, KY, TN AR, as well as standard swing states like NV, FL, OH, formerly MO as well. Now, WV, LA, AR, TN, and KY are out of reach for the Dems both because of Trump but also because of Obama's divisiveness when talking about race, tho yea maybe Obama suffered in those states because of racism itself. Yea Hillary '08 might not have won that electoral vote in NE, but who cares.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Obama won by less than 7.8 in 2008; Bill won by 8.5 in 1996, Reagan by 18% in 1984, etc. 2008 was decisive, but not a landslide. And Clinton, Reagan, Nixon all won by more their second time than their first time. As did Ike, FDR too.

In the first place, in 2008, Hillary had a shot of winning the blue wall states (something that Bill Clinton built, and all Obama did was piggyback off) plus states Bill won that Obama got smoked in, like WV, LA, KY, TN AR, as well as standard swing states like NV, FL, OH, formerly MO as well. Now, WV, LA, AR, TN, and KY are out of reach for the Dems both because of Trump but also because of Obama's divisiveness when talking about race, tho yea maybe Obama suffered in those states because of racism itself. Yea Hillary '08 might not have won that electoral vote in NE, but who cares.
"Divisiveness" = he's black. Yes, some people (e.g. bigots) find the idea of a black President divisive... that doesn't mean it's legitimate.

You can always find ways to diminish Obama if you want, but that's a reflection of you and your bigotry, not of him. Pretty much everything you've criticized him for has been based on bullshit or innuendo or his ancestry, not fact.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
because of Obama's divisiveness when talking about race,
God you people are evil. We have a problem with race in this country. Just look at how the white supremacists are openly supporting Trump and not one word of repudiation. Yet you people blame a black president for 'dividing' the country because he's black and somehow that might be important in a nation with a lot of racism. What would NOT have been "divisive"? If the word "black" had not once passed his lips during his entire presidency, I'm quite sure you "stop Obama at all costs!" assholes would STILL claim he is divisive just because he's black and a Democrat.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
That form is practiced here in Minnesota!

"What do we want"
"Justice!"
"When do we want it?
"Well, pretty soon, if its not a lot of trouble!"

A pity those crazy radicals calling themselves "The Sons of Liberty" didn't hear about this. God Save the Queen is a much better tune than the Star Spangled Banner.
Of course, My Country 'Tis of Thee is a much, much better tune than God Save the Queen, even as good a musician as John J. Lydon is.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
God you people are evil. We have a problem with race in this country. Just look at how the white supremacists are openly supporting Trump and not one word of repudiation. Yet you people blame a black president for 'dividing' the country because he's black and somehow that might be important in a nation with a lot of racism. What would NOT have been "divisive"? If the word "black" had not once passed his lips during his entire presidency, I'm quite sure you "stop Obama at all costs!" assholes would STILL claim he is divisive just because he's black and a Democrat.
I understand the temptation for a guy like Obama to speak from the black man's perspective; but as President of the US, he is supposed to represent the whole country, white, black, and the others. This country is still majority white. Also, he has a duty to wait for the facts to be in, not saying "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." Nor should he have commented on Henry Louis Gates until facts were known. Nor should his AG called America a "nation of cowards."
Old 07-23-2016, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

I would like to know the difference between sharia law and biblical law the Republican base cares so much about.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I understand the temptation for a guy like Obama to speak from the black man's perspective; but as President of the US, he is supposed to represent the whole country, white, black, and the others.
And he's said nothing that contradicts this.

Quote:
This country is still majority white.
What does this have to do with anything? He's never said anything anti-white in his entire time in office.

Quote:
Also, he has a duty to wait for the facts to be in, not saying "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."
What does "if I had a son..." have to do with not waiting for facts to be in? There's no connection except in your ignorant and bigoted anti-Obama fantasies.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Nor should his AG called America a "nation of cowards."
Context of your Holder quote:
Quote:
Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards. Though race related issues continue to occupy a significant portion of our political discussion, and though there remain many unresolved racial issues in this nation, we, average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race. It is an issue we have never been at ease with and given our nationís history this is in some ways understandable. And yet, if we are to make progress in this area we must feel comfortable enough with one another, and tolerant enough of each other, to have frank conversations about the racial matters that continue to divide us.
I shouldn't be surprised. You specialize in misleading and bullshit innuendo.