Old 04-05-2012, 07:59 AM

C'mon guys, make separate threads for pitting other posters, these threads are for politicians.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Councilman Marion Barry stirs the pot briskly.

Quote:
Celebrating his victory in the Democratic primary on Tuesday night, Barry spoke up about the prominence of businesses owned by Asians in the District.

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said in remarks first reported by WRC-TV. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”
I don't know what's more chilling, his words or the fact that he's just won a Democratic primary.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

"Bitch Set Me Up" is still winning elections? Jesus DC, what the hell's your problem?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Those damn Asian businesspeople, apparently. I think aldiboronti won the thread.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Renounce, denounce, and condemn. Repeat as necessary.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Could we possibly form some sort of dipshit exchange program? Conservatives agree not to count Marion Barry against us if we look the other way on... you pick. Ted Stevens? Joe Arpaio? James Inhofe?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Could we possibly form some sort of dipshit exchange program? Conservatives agree not to count Marion Barry against us if we look the other way on... you pick. Ted Stevens? Joe Arpaio? James Inhofe?
I'll give Uncle Ted a pass. I don't think he's likely to provide much more entertainment anyway.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerunknown View Post
Well, I asked because I don't think anyone qualifies as a US citizen then, because by that criteria if one's mother wasn't born in the country, then she wasn't a US citizen either (technically). Someone qualifying as a citizen because their mother happened to be born there strikes me as a little arbitrary: there's no requirement for language proficiency or civic knowledge. In my opinion, there should be consistency: if an individual at the age of 18 or 21 fails the citizenship test, they should be entitled to precisely the same treatment illegal immigrants are. Deportation obviously isn't an answer, unless a state willingly assigns itself to be a depot for such citizens.
I am not following you here. I don't have a problem with naturalized citizens, the issue for California is the insane amount of money we are paying out in social services, which is being covered by fewer and fewer people. Illegals are not the only reason for this issue, but they are probably the only group we can get off the dole. I don't care where anyone comes from, just as long as they are paying in more than they are taking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiboronti View Post
“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,”
Dirty shops?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:

I don't know what's more chilling, his words or the fact that he's just won a Democratic primary.
Richly deserved pitting for this guy. Og, what an asshat.

Not sure he's a liberal, though. This thread really should be "stupid Democratic idea of the idea." Regardless, D.C. should feel humiliated by that fuckwit.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
But it's Florida. Just about everything that happens there is batshit crazy. I've never been, but is there some sort of IQ test you have to fail at the border before they let you in?
Yes, it is a requirement. If you have to ask you don't deserve admittance.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
"Bitch Set Me Up" is still winning elections? Jesus DC, what the hell's your problem?
He was reelected to the City Council within months after being released from prison, was mayor again for four years, and after a short gap has been on the council again since 2004.

Yeah, go figure.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

Hilary Rosen is a moron. Thank you so very much for giving Romney such a gift. You've single-handedly cost Obama about 10 points in the polls.

Stupid bitch.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNBC
While we expect Romney to stay silent on this anniversary, it’s worth reminding everyone that the Obama White House was a bit silent on the second anniversary of its health-care law.
How can the White House be a "bit silent"?

Anyway, while I agree that it was very poor form from the woman and that raising five children cannot be easy, according to ontheissues, Romney suggested this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romney
Replace jobless benefits with unemployment savings accounts.
I'm not sure what that means, but assuming that Anne Romney wasn't married to a millionaire, wouldn't that mean she'd be incapable of raising her children?

There's also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romney
Reform entitlements by negotiating behind closed doors.

Last edited by gamerunknown; 04-12-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerunknown View Post
I'm not sure what that means, but assuming that Anne Romney wasn't married to a millionaire, wouldn't that mean she'd be incapable of raising her children?
It wouldn't make any difference one way or the other. Eligibility for unemployment benefits is based on one's employment history, and if you've never been employed, you cannot be eligible for unemployment benefits. Depending on Ms. Romney's hypothetical net worth, she might still have been eligible for TANF, food stamps and Medicaid.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM

Rosen wasn't wrong, she just didn't frame it right.

Ann Romney didn't choose to stay home to raise five kids. It's not like she had a prime gig lined up at the dollar store, but she had to dash those career dreams to raise her children. She would would have been a stay-at-home-wife, if she weren't a stay-at-home-mom.

The point is, the woman has zero clue what actual women who have made sacrifices to be stay-at-home-moms have had to deal with it.

Last edited by Jack Batty; 04-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Have a bit more faith in the guys that smell good. They aren't that fucking stupid, except that they hang out with us.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
Hilary Rosen is a moron. Thank you so very much for giving Romney such a gift. You've single-handedly cost Obama about 10 points in the polls.

Stupid bitch.
Don't be ridiculous. Do you really believe that that woman's comment is going to make women vote for Romney? Jesus how airheaded do you think anybody is much less the women that "were" going to vote for Obama?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member

It gives Romney ammo and just might convince an independent idiot. We have this election in the bag if we don't get cocky and start making stupid mistakes. Like this one.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

Election day is a long, long way from here. Nothing, but nothing, is in the bag but bag. Karl Rove just by himself has enough PAC money to buy three third-world countries, retail. You can buy a lot of highly skilled professional cynics for that kind of money.

And when things are shitty, people blame the head guy in charge. We can't help it, its our tribal instinct, back when you could become chief if you insisted on it, and people would do what you say, but if the thistle crop fails, we sacrifice you to Og. Crude, but effective balance of power.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM

It is a demonstrable fact that Karl Rove has never publicly denied taking a large sum of money from Al Qaeda to destroy the American political process.

Republicans: Refute that statemen if you can. And then consider: that is precisely what is wrong with his style of politics.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoid View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Do you really believe that that woman's comment is going to make women vote for Romney?
No, but I've read arguments that it does unite conservatives behind him, which helps overcome the issues he's had getting them in line during the primaries. And we all know how much THAT difficulty has been discussed in the media. If Rosen has negated that disadvantage, Obama will have a harder time of it in November.

(Then again, there's many months for Romney to remind conservatives who were squishy about him just why they were squishy. OTOH, if this helps sway independents...)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

Still, shows a terrible lack of discipline and focus for Obama to go around appointing random media women to make policy pronouncements for his campaign.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Still, shows a terrible lack of discipline and focus for Obama to go around appointing random media women to make policy pronouncements for his campaign.
You take your czars wherever you find 'em!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoid View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Do you really believe that that woman's comment is going to make women vote for Romney? Jesus how airheaded do you think anybody is much less the women that "were" going to vote for Obama?
Well, any woman who thinks that being a SAHM is as much work as actually going to an office for eight hours and then coming home to do all the things she has had all day to do...
Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM

A Democrat State Senator in Oklahoma has proposed an amendment to a personhood bill:
Quote:
However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman's vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child.
She withdrew the amendment after her betters pointed out that this denies men control over their own bodies. Still, what will liberals think of next?

The same news article mentions that
Quote:
Virginia State Senator Janet Howell introduced a bill that would have forced men to receive a rectal exam to receive erectile dysfunction medication.
It doesn't say explicitly whether Howell has the Big D-for-Dumb by her name, but we all know it's the liberal donkeys who are statist and authoritarian, so I'll bet that way.

(BTW, I'm sure those of us who believe in the Rights of Life are proud that American legislators are finally recognizing that human life begins with a healthy ovum. But that ovum will die unless it is fertilized. I hope these laws are written to make clear that women who fail to fertilize their healthy ova are committing manslaughter.)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
A Democrat State Senator in Oklahoma has proposed an amendment to a personhood bill:

She withdrew the amendment after her betters pointed out that this denies men control over their own bodies. Still, what will liberals think of next?

The same news article mentions that

It doesn't say explicitly whether Howell has the Big D-for-Dumb by her name, but we all know it's the liberal donkeys who are statist and authoritarian, so I'll bet that way.

(BTW, I'm sure those of us who believe in the Rights of Life are proud that American legislators are finally recognizing that human life begins with a healthy ovum. But that ovum will die unless it is fertilized. I hope these laws are written to make clear that women who fail to fertilize their healthy ova are committing manslaughter.)
Hello Poe's Law. I'm not sure if this is a parody or not. Just in case, you do realize that these were just protest amendments in response to the laws that women have to get an invasive exam prior to an abortion, and were not meant in seriousness, right?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 AM

Oh Poe's Law...is there any American political discussion you don't apply to?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 AM

I'm pretty sure Septimus is in on the joke...
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 PM

San Francisco Official Turns to Ouija Board Before Vote

http://www.newser.com/story/146616/s...fore-vote.html

Quote:
A city supervisor says he consulted a Ouija board before voting on a measure to honor slain gay rights activist Harvey Milk, reports the San Francisco Chronicle. What's more, John Avalos swears Milk responded and guided him through the message, "Good Riddance DADT," as in Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 PM

I told you the gay agenda was a hoax.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Well, Barry had a press conference where he apologized to the Asian community for his remarks, but in the process managed to insult the Polish

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...nnU_story.html
Quote:
"The Irish caught hell, the Jews caught hell, the Polacks caught hell,” Barry said, invoking a word that Polish people have viewed as disparaging. “We want Ward 8 to be the model of diversity."
He's just the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:43 AM

He's a riddle, surrounded by an enigma, wrapped in a fat suit, with a dusting of cocaine.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
He's a riddle, surrounded by an enigma, wrapped in a fat suit, with a dusting of cocaine.
...underneath a hooker.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Charter Member

Ok, I can't help but contribute this gem to this thread: the mayor of DC, Vincent Gray, signed an anti-bullying bill into law. Great. But as part of his statement on signing the bill, the following happened:
Quote:
During the ceremony, Gray stressed it’s also time for adults do more to set the tone that bullying is not acceptable. To prove his point, Gray said he no longer wants to hear the term “bully pulpit.”

“Why would we honor a bully by giving it a pulpit?” said Gray, in a serious tone. “You won’t hear me using it…There will no longer by a bully pulpit in the District of Columbia.”
Link.

You, Mr. Mayor, are an ignoramus.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Wow, it's Stupid Liberal Idea of the Day Day already? Can't believe how fast a month goes by.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Wow, it's Stupid Liberal Idea of the Day Day already? Can't believe how fast a month goes by.
I know, I know... I felt a twinge of guilt for bumping this thread, then I read Gray's comments again. The stupidity... it seethes....
Old 06-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

Oh, it's stupid all right, and deserves its place here.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:23 AM

Stupidity clusters: the GOP have South Carolina, Tennessee and Arizona; the Democrats have New York, DC and San Francisco.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Ok, I can't help but contribute this gem to this thread: the mayor of DC, Vincent Gray, signed an anti-bullying bill into law. Great. But as part of his statement on signing the bill, the following happened:
Link.

You, Mr. Mayor, are an ignoramus.
Wow. That's some remarkable stupid. It even has layers. Like stupid wrapped in stupid.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:14 AM
BANNED

Obama: "...-look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. "
===========
Really?

I suppose the Wright Brothers didn't do it on their own, right, Barry? How about Henry Ford? Or Thomas Edison?

Or me? Or any of the other millions of small business owners? I sure as hell didn't see you next to me on the training floor as I worked my way up to 5th Degree Black Belt and school owner. I sure as hell don't see you next to me as I make phone calls, design flyers, meet prospective new students and sign them up, teach classes, then clean the restrooms after everyone has gone home for the evening.

I did that, you ignorant pissant. It's my blood, tears and sweat making that business run, not yours.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 AM

They didn't get there on their own, and neither did you. You all had the advantage of a society that encouraged entrepreneurship and probably friends and family who supported them, and for those who made it really big, investors who thought their ideas were worthwhile.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 AM

I'll just alert the power plant that gives you electricity, the waste treatment plant that handles your plumbing and the students who pay you for classes that their involvement is not needed because clothahump got there all on his own and needs help from no one.

Was part of your training how to be a knuckledragging moron or does it come naturally?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:20 AM

The next paragraph in Obama's speech, for those who want full context rather that Clothahump's summary:
Quote:
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothahump View Post
Obama: "...-look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. "
===========
Really?

I suppose the Wright Brothers didn't do it on their own, right, Barry? How about Henry Ford? Or Thomas Edison?

Or me? Or any of the other millions of small business owners? I sure as hell didn't see you next to me on the training floor as I worked my way up to 5th Degree Black Belt and school owner. I sure as hell don't see you next to me as I make phone calls, design flyers, meet prospective new students and sign them up, teach classes, then clean the restrooms after everyone has gone home for the evening.

I did that, you ignorant pissant. It's my blood, tears and sweat making that business run, not yours.
Hey, dummy. Look over here.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Clothahump, you blithering idiot, you pillock, you fucking brainwashed ignoramus, did you build the roads that get people to your business? Did you install the wire that provides electricity, telephone, and Internet? Did you design and build the building your business is housed in? Did you inspect it yourself to ensure its structure is sound? Did you horde money under your pillow to pay for it all, or involve a bank? Did you obtain a loan? How did you learn to read (in so far as you did learn to read)? Did you learn mathematics on your own, developing a complete skill set all alone from nothing but a set of axioms you thought of yourself? Where did you learn the principles of business, from a squirrel?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM

I wouldn't normally bring this up, but since he made it an issue: Clathahump, didn't your school go bust?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
The next paragraph in Obama's speech, for those who want full context rather that Clothahump's summary...
To be fair, I'm pretty sure that in Clothaump World, context counts as a stupid liberal idea.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 AM

Anyone know where Clothy got this particular distorted talking point from? Just curious.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Obama said it at a recent campaign stop in Roanoke. Pubs are falling over themselves to take the words out of context.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
Obama said it at a recent campaign stop in Roanoke. Pubs are falling over themselves to take the words out of context.
yeah, I'm just curious which source he saw that played it out of context. One possible place is Fox & Friends:
http://mediamatters.org/mobile/blog/...-commen/187146