Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Free Cell Phones and Chargers

At home we have been going through our boxes of collected "stuff" and getting rid of things we don't need, and we've unearthed a rather large collection of previously used cell phones that are in perfectly good working condition. If anyone wants/needs a cell phone (to use as a spare, to give to a child, etc.) here is what I've got—it's yours, for free. (Anything that I can't give away I'll donate to a women's shelter or something, but I figured I'd see if anyone could use any of these first)... the links are just to whatever I could find about the phone on the internet—some are reviews, some are ebay listings, whatever I could find, just so you could see the phones:
  • AT&T: Blue Motorola T720G; AC charger (link)
  • Virgin Mobile: Kyocera KX9D-125; AC charger (link)
  • Verizon Wireless:
    • LG VX7000; USB charger; car charger; extra battery (link)
    • LG VX7000; AC charger; car charger (link)
    • LG VX8100; AC charger; 1GB miniSD card (link)
    • LG VX8300; AC charger, USB charger, takes a microSD card but doesn't come with one. (link) [TAKEN]

I also have several car chargers that are miniUSB on the other end (not microUSB like all the new smartphones use—sorry). I think some bluetooth headsets also use this type of charger, but I'm not sure.

Other chargers I have, in case you have the phone they go to:
LG VX8500 AC charger
LG VX8300 USB charger
LG VX6100/VX8300 car charger
LG VX8350/8500/8600/8700/9400/9900/5400 car charger
LG VX6100 SH car charger
LG VS6100 (? I think?) car charger
If you could use any of this stuff, let me know. I'll keep it around for a little while before donating it. I'll give it to you for free if you pay for the cost of sending it to you; which is the cost of a bubble mailer* plus print-at-home First Class USPS shipping (cheaper than getting the postage at the post office). I'm not going to add any kind of "handling" or anything, I will just tell you what it's going to cost me to get the phone to you, and if you cover that, the phone will magically arrive at your doorstep.

*If it fits in a 4"x8" one, I have some of those on hand. Let's call it 50¢? I don't remember what they cost. If it doesn't fit in that I will find out how much the envelope costs and let you know.

(I also have an original Motorola Droid [A855], rooted, that I was planning on listing on Ebay or Craigslist. If anyone is interested in knowing about that just email or PM me.)
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM

I call dibs on that AT&T phone until further notice. I have a friend who's in need of a replacement. I'm awaiting her reply to see if she does in fact still need a new phone.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:37 PM

I formally retract my call of "dibs". My friend already has a suitable replacement phone.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:32 AM

Great, I will buy when there is a need
Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 AM

charger

hi I need the lg vx61000 car charger if you have it still I have an lg vx6100 phone that I don't have a charger for.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 PM
I Am the One Who Bans

Moderating

Welcome to the board, sjb99. I'm sad to report that OpalCat died a few months ago, so you can't get the charger that way. I'm closing this thread.
Closed Thread