Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM

JUKEBOX: Free to Good Home (DC Area)

...or Bad Home, or Scrapping for Parts. Do what you like; it's yours for the taking.

We've got a Rowe R-86 jukebox, in semi-working condition, fully loaded with 45's ranging from (I believe) 50's up to early 00's. You're welcome to the whole kit and caboodle. It's not this one, but looks exactly like it. Here's another picture (ours is the "gold" version).

We haven't tried to play it in a while, but I believe that the last time we checked, the mechanism for selecting and playing records worked correctly, as did the lights; the only issue is that the speakers didn't work. We bought it a few years ago, thinking we'd rewire it, but we never got around to it. Now, it's just gathering dust, and it's taking up much-needed space, so even if we did get it working, we couldn't really justify keeping it. However, it's incredibly heavy, and we're incredibly lazy. So before we try to figure out how to cart it off somewhere, we thought we'd give you all a shot. Although it weighs a ton, it rolls beautifully, so we can probably get it out of the house and down to the street without too much effort. After that, well, we wish you the best of luck. If you only want the parts, we might be able to disassemble it first, which would make moving it considerably easier.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:02 PM

Oh, man, I very much want to take you up on this, but I don't think we have the space, and I don't think I'd ever get it to work. So let this just be a bump. Good luck.

--Cliffy
Old 08-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Where is it?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 PM

Oh I see, DC. There's not editing in here?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM

Just a little more info (and a shameless bump):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
I don't think we have the space
Good point! How big is it, Dorkness? I don't have the precise measurements, but it's somewhere between 4 and 4 1/2 feet wide, roughly the same in height, and about 2 feet deep. (And weighs a ton. Maybe half a ton.) If you need to know exactly, let me know, and I'll check it out. It's not that big, really, but our house is sorely lacking storage space, and we would dearly love to install a cupboard where it's currently standing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Where is it? Oh I see, DC.
Yes - not DC proper, but NW suburbs, in Maryland. Please PM me for more details.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 AM

PM Sent
Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 AM

And we have a winner! Congratulations, MannyL. See you soon.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:19 PM

I'm reviving this thread because MannyL and I lost touch after some back-and-forth, and he never did pick up the jukebox. I PM'ed him and sent an email about three weeks ago, and haven't heard anything back, and it looks like he hasn't been on the boards since November. So on the off chance that he'll notice this has been bumped, I'm giving it a shot. If I still haven't heard from him in a week (by the 15th), I'll reopen the offer.

And for anyone else who might be interested, here are the exact dimensions, as per the manual (we downloaded a copy online; that's yours as well):

Weight - 355 pounds (See, I was totally exaggerating! It's not even a fifth of a ton.)
Depth - 26 1/2 inches
Width - 41 1/2 inches
Height - 53 inches
Holds 100 7" records

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM

I hope someone here can give it a home for you, but if you're really itching to get rid of it, a posting in your local Craigslists' "Free" section will have it out of your life within hours.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Oh, indeed, or Freecycle. I just thought it would be a fun thing for the Dope. But yes, if I do offer it again, it will only be for a week, tops. We're so over this behemo- er... totally unique, fun, funky addition to any home's family room, rec room, or bar area. Truly a showpiece. Don't miss your opportunity!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Okay, then - here's your last chance! No word from MannyL, so the jukebox is now officially up for grabs again. If I don't hear anything in a week, I'll offer it on CL. You don't need to actually pick it up within the week, just confirm that you want it and we'll make arrangements.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:40 PM

Looks like the happy days jukebox.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM

I think my son needs this. I will call him tonight