Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5251  
Old 07-24-2015, 01:40 PM
BrainGlutton is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 78,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Well, it's time again to reset the "Days Since the Last Mass Shooting" counter. Two dead (including the shooter) and eight wounded in a theater in Louisiana.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ooting-n397586
And more . . .

Quote:
 We love us some guns,” Bobby Jindal once said of his fellow Louisianans. Two of them were killed, and nine others wounded, on Thursday night when a man walked into a movie theater in Lafayette, sat for a while, and then fired more than a dozen rounds from a .40 caliber handgun.

 “We never imagined it would happen in Louisiana,” Jindal said afterward, though the state has the second-highest rate of gun deaths in the country, more than twice the national average. Louisiana also has some of the laxest firearm regulations, for which Jindal bears much responsibility. During his eight years as governor he’s signed at least a dozen gun-related bills, most intended to weaken gun-safety regulation or expand access to firearms. One allowed people to take their guns to church; another, into restaurants that serve alcohol. He broadened Louisiana’s Stand Your Ground law, and made it a crime to publish the names of people with concealed carry permits. At the same time Jindal has pushed for cuts to mental health services.
  #5252  
Old 07-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Bullitt's Avatar
Bullitt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Giants Nation
Posts: 25,907
It seems like this is happening more frequently. Is that true, or just my perception? If so, things just might have to change.
  #5253  
Old 07-24-2015, 04:57 PM
Lumpy's Avatar
Lumpy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
It seems like this is happening more frequently. Is that true, or just my perception? If so, things just might have to change.
Do local incidents get more national coverage than they used to?
  #5254  
Old 07-25-2015, 10:12 AM
Ionizer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
It seems like this is happening more frequently. Is that true, or just my perception? If so, things just might have to change.
Here's a recent Washington Times article on how there have been 204 mass-shootings in last of 204 days of 2015. Pretty eye-opening, to say the least. Mind boggling, actually.
  #5255  
Old 07-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Monty's Avatar
Monty is online now
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Beijing, China
Posts: 23,484
I wouldn't use the adjective interesting to describe anything at all from that rag.
  #5256  
Old 07-25-2015, 08:31 PM
Chefguy's Avatar
Chefguy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 42,425
Truly stupid gun user news. These idiots thought that it was a good idea to take propane tanks into the woods and shoot at them with a variety of weapons. During a drought. It resulted in a 100 acre wildfire. All three were arrested.
  #5257  
Old 07-26-2015, 10:59 AM
septimus's Avatar
septimus is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Land of Smiles
Posts: 19,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Quote:
... Washington Times article ...
I wouldn't use the adjective interesting to describe anything at all from that rag.
Call me a masochist, but I clicked the link and started reading.

It seemed factual!! Indeed rational!!! What is the world coming to, when Washington Times gives up its credentials as lying and brainless, even out-Foxing FauxNews?

I was so confused I checked the URL. Ionizer's "Washington Times" link is actually a link to Washington Post.
  #5258  
Old 07-26-2015, 11:33 AM
Count Blucher is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Baroni&Kelly's Jail.
Posts: 13,666
Rick Perry just waded into the Louisiana movie theater shooting.

Look, I may not have an answer but does anyone reading this REALLY want to make going to the movies more like this...?
  #5259  
Old 07-26-2015, 01:04 PM
Lumpy's Avatar
Lumpy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Blucher View Post
Look, I may not have an answer but does anyone reading this REALLY want to make going to the movies more like this...?
What does the link have to do with the topic?
  #5260  
Old 07-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Count Blucher is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Baroni&Kelly's Jail.
Posts: 13,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
What does the link have to do with the topic?
1) This thread seems to be an omnibus for stupid gun news of the day.

2) A politician made stupid gun news today. Link provided to the CNN (text and video)

3) The POV that we all need to load up and hump in heavy weapons like Rambo every time there is a new release at a multiplex is Lampooned in that link you questioned:
"Lets All Go To The Lobby" meets "Massive Automatic Weapons Murder Scene from The Crow" which seems to be where the suggestion that we should only go to the movies when heavily armed leads.


You're Welcome.
  #5261  
Old 07-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Lumpy's Avatar
Lumpy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Blucher View Post
1) This thread seems to be an omnibus for stupid gun news of the day.

2) A politician made stupid gun news today. Link provided to the CNN (text and video)

3) The POV that we all need to load up and hump in heavy weapons like Rambo every time there is a new release at a multiplex is Lampooned in that link you questioned:
"Lets All Go To The Lobby" meets "Massive Automatic Weapons Murder Scene from The Crow" which seems to be where the suggestion that we should only go to the movies when heavily armed leads.


You're Welcome.
I've never seen The Crow so I didn't make the connection. In any event I don't think a movie about undead avengers portrays the most realistic scenario.
  #5262  
Old 07-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Count Blucher is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Baroni&Kelly's Jail.
Posts: 13,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
In any event I don't think
Works for me.
  #5263  
Old 07-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Lumpy's Avatar
Lumpy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Posts: 16,664
You really sank to editing sentences to make an insult?
  #5264  
Old 07-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Lumpy's Avatar
Lumpy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Posts: 16,664
Luke O'Neil, an even worse asshat antigunner than anyone on this board:
http://www.infowars.com/leftist-jour...ot-shot-dead/?
  #5265  
Old 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Vinyl Turnip is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 20,404
Aw, thanks!
  #5266  
Old 07-29-2015, 05:32 AM
Bullitt's Avatar
Bullitt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Giants Nation
Posts: 25,907
In 1865 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.

In 1881 a left wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, President of the United States - who later died from the wound.

In 1963 a radical left wing socialist shot and killed John F. Kennedy, President of the United States.

In 1975 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, President of the United States.

In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.

In 1984 James Hubert, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonalds restaurant.

In 1986 Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an Oklahoma post office.

In 1990 James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office.

In 1991 George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen , TX.

In 1995 James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory.

In 1999 Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service.

In 2001 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, President of the US ...

In 2003 Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant.

In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung - Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.

In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.

In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.

In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.

In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown, CT.

In Sept 2013, an angry Democrat shot 12 at a Navy ship yard.

Clearly, there is a problem with Democrats and guns. Not one NRA member, Tea Party member, or Republican conservative was involved in any of these shootings and murders.

THEREFORE: It should be illegal for Democrats to own guns.
  #5267  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,819
So presumably if I can also provide a list of Republicans, independents and unregistered people who have also killed a bunch of people with guns, you'd be okay with gun ownership being illegal for everyone. Result!
  #5268  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 AM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
In 1865 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.

In 1881 a left wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, President of the United States - who later died from the wound.

In 1963 a radical left wing socialist shot and killed John F. Kennedy, President of the United States.

In 1975 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, President of the United States.

In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.

In 1984 James Hubert, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonalds restaurant.

In 1986 Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an Oklahoma post office.

In 1990 James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office.

In 1991 George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen , TX.

In 1995 James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory.

In 1999 Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service.

In 2001 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, President of the US ...

In 2003 Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant.

In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung - Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.

In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.

In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.

In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.

In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown, CT.

In Sept 2013, an angry Democrat shot 12 at a Navy ship yard.

Clearly, there is a problem with Democrats and guns. Not one NRA member, Tea Party member, or Republican conservative was involved in any of these shootings and murders.

THEREFORE: It should be illegal for Democrats to own guns.
Pray tell, where did you get this silly list from?
  #5269  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 AM
Fear Itself is offline
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Flavortown
Posts: 35,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
In 1865 a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States.
Booth was not a Democrat, he was a member of the Know Nothing Party.
Quote:
In 1881 a left wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, President of the United States - who later died from the wound.
Charles J. Guiteau, was a Republican speechwriter for James Garfield.
Quote:
In 1963 a radical left wing socialist shot and killed John F. Kennedy, President of the United States.
Sort of. Lee Harvey Oswald was a “left wing socialist”, though it is uncertain how that equates with “progressive liberal Democrat”.
Quote:

In 1975 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, President of the United States.
Sarah Jane Moore was not a member of any political party. She was a Marxist.
Quote:
In 1983 a registered Democrat shot and wounded Ronald Reagan, President of the United States.
There is no evidence that John Hinckley was a Democrat. Both his parents are Republicans.
Quote:
In 1984 James Hubert, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonalds restaurant.
The McDonalds mass murderer was committed by James Huberty not James Hubert. Huberty’s online biographies indicated that he was a survivalist and obsessed with Soviet aggression. He believed in an impending breakdown of society, economic collapse, and that he was in the advent of a nuclear war. Because of this he had invested in non-perishable foods and an arsenal of weapons.
Quote:
In 1986 Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an Oklahoma post office.
There is no evidence that Patrick Sherrill was a Democrat.
Quote:
In 1990 James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office.
There is no evidence that James Pough was a Democrat.
Quote:
In 1991 George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen , TX.
There is no evidence that Hennard was a Democrat, however he lived in Texas which does not record party affiliations on voter registration.
Quote:
In 1995 James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory.
There is no evidence that James Daniel Simpson was a Democrat, however he lived in Texas which does not record party affiliations on voter registration.
Quote:
In 1999 Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service.
There is not evidence Larry Ashbrook, not Larry Asbrook, was a Democrat. He lived in Texas which does not record party affiliations on voter registration. See a theme here?
Quote:
In 2001 a left wing radical Democrat fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, President of the US ...
Robert W Pickett was a “disgruntled former employee of the Internal Revenue Service” but there is no available evidence that he was a Democrat. Told to leave work in the 1980’s, Pickett embarked on a succession of lawsuits against the IRS, his immediate superior and his union the National Treasury Employees Union. While he did fire shots “in the general direction of the White House” he used a handgun and did not aim. After the initial shots were fired Pickett threatened suicide until he was shot in the knee and secured. There is more evidence that this was an attempt at suicide by cop than that Bush was the target.]
Quote:
In 2003 Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant.
There is no evidence that Douglas Williams was a Democrat.
Quote:
In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung - Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.
Seung-Hui Cho was not even a US citizen, much less a registered Democrat.
Quote:
In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.
The Washington Post confirms that Jared Lee Loughner registered as an Independent in 2006, voted at least twice, and was listed as “inactive” for the 2010 elections.
Quote:
In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.
James Holmes was not registered to vote anywhere.
Quote:
In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.
There is no evidence that Andrew Engeldinger was a Democrat.
Quote:
In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown, CT.
There is no evidence that Adam Lanza was a registered Democrat.
Quote:
In Sept 2013, an angry Democrat shot 12 at a Navy ship yard.
There is no evidence that Aaron Alexis was a registered Democrat.
Quote:
Clearly, there is a problem with Democrats and guns. Not one NRA member, Tea Party member, or Republican conservative was involved in any of these shootings and murders.

THEREFORE: It should be illegal for Democrats to own guns.
Clearly, Bullitt has a problem with telling the truth, though his cut-and-paste skills are excellent.

THEREFORE: Everybody should point and laugh at Bullitt.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/sensible-gun-control/
https://peninsulalighthouse.wordpres...are-democrats/
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...rats-is-a-myth
http://humidcity.com/2014/05/31/abso...ers-democrats/
  #5270  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Pray tell, where did you get this silly list from?
Oh, it's making the rounds of some of the less-rational anti-gun-control sites. It needs a serious accuracy check, by the way.

[Ninja'd, dammit]
  #5271  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:16 AM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,549
Houser was a "radical Tea Party Republican".

Best Facebook commentary: "Let me get this straight. The Party of Lincoln is now in favor of having more guns in theatres?"
  #5272  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:18 AM
Happy Fun Ball is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The down hill slope
Posts: 3,179
Damn Bullitt, if you are going to post garbage your read on the internet, at least take the time to fucking verify it. There is a commandment about bearing false witness that maybe you should read and think about.l
  #5273  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:40 AM
Hentor the Barbarian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,427
Bullitt, FWIW, my most recent interactions with you had led me to start respecting you a bit. I certainly do not at this point. That may not matter to you - I really don't know what kind of person you are.

If I pasted something like that, though, or even if I read and believed it, I would seriously reconsider my evidence gathering practices when I discovered how faulty the information was.

Last edited by Hentor the Barbarian; 07-29-2015 at 08:41 AM.
  #5274  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Hentor the Barbarian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Pray tell, where did you get this silly list from?
Probably the same place from which Dumuri is awaiting the talking points to respond to the recent studies on guns.
  #5275  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
THEREFORE: Everybody should point and laugh at Bullitt.
Round of applause for Fear Itself! Thanks for doing the leg work on this one.
  #5276  
Old 07-29-2015, 12:34 PM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,549
Get a gun for self-defense and you're likely to regret it.
  #5277  
Old 07-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Lumpy's Avatar
Lumpy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Get a gun for self-defense and you're likely to regret it.
No argument here that if you're serious about carrying a gun you should take tactical training courses. Except I'd have presumed that ElvisL1ves would regard anyone who did as a Dirty Harry/Rambo-wannabe mall ninja.

Last edited by Lumpy; 07-29-2015 at 03:28 PM.
  #5278  
Old 07-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Scumpup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 14,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Get a gun for self-defense and you're likely to regret it.
What seems certain is that many people would regret it if you got a gun.
  #5279  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:00 PM
Bullitt's Avatar
Bullitt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Giants Nation
Posts: 25,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Round of applause for Fear Itself! Thanks for doing the leg work on this one.
You want congratulations for doing the leg work?
  #5280  
Old 07-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
You want congratulations for doing the leg work?
No...Bayard would like to give Fear Itself a round of applause for correcting your massive unattributed fuck-up.
  #5281  
Old 07-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Bullitt's Avatar
Bullitt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Giants Nation
Posts: 25,907
It was entertaining and was making the email rounds...
  #5282  
Old 07-30-2015, 07:33 AM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
What seems certain is that many people would regret it if you got a gun.
Somebody has to protect the toddlers.
  #5283  
Old 07-30-2015, 07:37 AM
Lumpy's Avatar
Lumpy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Get a gun for self-defense and you're likely to regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumpup View Post
What seems certain is that many people would regret it if you got a gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Somebody has to protect the toddlers.
Then you'd be ElvisK1lls
  #5284  
Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 AM
Hentor the Barbarian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
It was entertaining and was making the email rounds...
So you regularly exchange emails with moronic fuckwits who make up bullshit to support delusional belief systems.

That's actually pretty much how I picture gun fucks getting their information. Thanks for the confirmation.
  #5285  
Old 07-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is offline
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
It was entertaining and was making the email rounds...
And you've got absolutely nothing to say about the corrections made to your list of lies?
  #5286  
Old 07-30-2015, 09:27 AM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,549
Even muskets are a serious health hazard.
  #5287  
Old 07-30-2015, 09:40 AM
steronz is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oh-hiya-Maude
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
It was entertaining and was making the email rounds...
What in the fuck is entertaining about that?
  #5288  
Old 07-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentor the Barbarian View Post
gun fucks
I'm pretty sure that's not safe, even if you are shooting blanks.
  #5289  
Old 07-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Your Great Darsh Face is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Over your garden wall
Posts: 1,147
Clearly, the best defence against a bad person with a gun in a crowded movie theatre is a good person with a gun in a crowded movie theatre.

I mean, there's no way that could end badly, is there?
  #5290  
Old 07-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Great Darsh Face View Post
Clearly, the best defence against a bad person with a gun in a crowded movie theatre is a good person with a gun in a crowded movie theatre.

I mean, there's no way that could end badly, is there?
We should pass a law requiring all bad people to wear black hats and all good people to wear white hats. That way we'll know who to shoot.
  #5291  
Old 07-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Esox Lucius is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Luke O'Neil, an even worse asshat antigunner than anyone on this board:
http://www.infowars.com/leftist-jour...ot-shot-dead/?
It's a miracle that no one was killed by those words. Praise merciful Jesus!

But yeah, it was a seriously moronic thing to say.
  #5292  
Old 07-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Hentor the Barbarian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox Lucius View Post
It's a miracle that no one was killed by those words. Praise merciful Jesus!

But yeah, it was a seriously moronic thing to say.
Is that guy ElvisL1ves?
  #5293  
Old 07-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Esox Lucius is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
What in the fuck is entertaining about that?
It's the latest side-splitting homily from UpsideDownWorld. You know...

War is peace.

Greed is good.

Lying is entertaining.
  #5294  
Old 07-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Hentor the Barbarian is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox Lucius View Post
It's the latest side-splitting homily from UpsideDownWorld. You know...

War is peace.

Greed is good.

Lying is entertaining.
I think it is more the entertainment of imagining that your bizarre and nonsensical world view has some sort of evidence to support it (even though deep down you know that is just crazy). It's probably the same kind of entertainment right wingers get from watching Fox News.
  #5295  
Old 07-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Scumpup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 14,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Somebody has to protect the toddlers.
Gosh, just when I think you couldn't be more of a pustule, you manage to surprise me. Did what you wrote seem clever to you? Is that your idea of "winning the thread?" I' ll ask you again: Do you refuse to own a gun out of fear of committing murder? Have you ever wanted to kill a child? How many times in the last month did you get so angry you would have killed someone if you had had a gun?

The way you continue to refuse to answer gives a distinct impression that you don't want to incriminate yourself.

I still think you are a feculent, rage-filled, misfit who attributes the absolute worst motives to others because those motives are your own and they are all you understand.

I breathlessly await your next rubber/glue non-answer.

One thing I do feel mildly bad about is the possibility that you actually are mentally ill or emotionally disturbed. Such damaged people shouldn't be taunted as I have done to you. They should receive treatment. Given your propensity to rage and violence, it should be residential treatment.

Last edited by Scumpup; 07-30-2015 at 05:19 PM.
  #5296  
Old 07-30-2015, 05:30 PM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,549
And there, folks, is someone who actually thinks he's a good guy, someone who should be trusted with a tool of death, anger issues notwithstanding.
  #5297  
Old 07-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Scumpup is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 14,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
And there, folks, is someone who actually thinks he's a good guy, someone who should be trusted with a tool of death, anger issues notwithstanding.
You never answer even the simplest of questions. Here, shit-heel, I'll make you a promise: honestly answer the three questions in my previous post
Quote:
Do you refuse to own a gun out of fear of committing murder? Have you ever wanted to kill a child? How many times in the last month did you get so angry you would have killed someone if you had had a gun?
and I will bow out of this thread permanently. Nor will I ask you those questions in any other gun-related thread. You will be free to continue your "one bad day from murder" nonsense here without me questioning you about your murderous temper again.
What about it, you miserable pile of shit?

Last edited by Scumpup; 07-30-2015 at 06:27 PM.
  #5298  
Old 07-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Bullitt's Avatar
Bullitt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Giants Nation
Posts: 25,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
And you've got absolutely nothing to say about the corrections made to your list of lies?
Well, it depends on IF all of the counterpoints is true, and also IF any of the points in my list are true.
  #5299  
Old 07-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Bullitt's Avatar
Bullitt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Giants Nation
Posts: 25,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentor the Barbarian View Post
So you regularly exchange emails with moronic fuckwits who make up bullshit to support delusional belief systems.

That's actually pretty much how I picture gun fucks getting their information. Thanks for the confirmation.
You make a lot of assumptions here, and you're wrong. Fucking dumbshit.
  #5300  
Old 07-31-2015, 01:01 AM
Fear Itself is offline
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Flavortown
Posts: 35,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Well, it depends on IF all of the counterpoints is true, and also IF any of the points in my list are true.
Mine were cited; I forget, were yours?
__________________
“If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.” ~~Jack Handey
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017