Old 07-27-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Are you sure you meant to post that in Stupid Gun News?
We don't have a "Stupid Gun Nut Spews" thread, so I guess he figured it was close enough.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:34 AM

There was something kind of stupid-ish in a small town in California. Apparently the guy with the gun had a hair up his ass about people who eat too much garlic.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:52 AM

Are we sure he isn't just some Vampire's minion, sent to destroy or disrupt the festival?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:07 AM

Imagine being a first responder and having to do mouth-to-mouth.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

The shock, revulsion, and determination to act over in the Safe Space thread are simply indescribable.

Because they don't exist.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcoolbj77 View Post
I worked at the NRA. One of my primary jobs was to take phone calls from concerned citizens about their rights' in their respective states. What I really ended up doing was begging folks to please not bring their loaded sig rattler firearms everywhere just to prove a point... it would not be the point we wanted proved, so to speak.
But I live in NYC and according to Fox News, that means I've been shot 9 times while typing this.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:45 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Trained law enforcement officer accidentally kills woman while trying to shoot barking dog.
Quote:
"As the officer called out to the woman repeatedly concerning her welfare, the dog began to run towards the officer while barking. The officer retreated backwards from the running dog while drawing his duty firearm," police said. "The officer discharged his firearm multiple times towards the dog. After the shots were fired, the woman yelled out and it was apparent she was injured."

She was taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead. Preliminary information shows she was struck by gunfire from the officer, according to the police.
Moral of the story: don't call the police for a welfare check.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Trained law enforcement officer accidentally kills woman while trying to shoot barking dog.
Moral of the story: don't call the police for a welfare check.
I thought the government sent out welfare checks.

Ba-da-BOOM!
Old 08-03-2019, 09:37 PM

They did. And he shot her.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:53 AM

I guess three mass shootings within one week that left around 32 dead would qualify as "stupid gun news". Come on folks...up your Thoughts and Prayers game!
Old 08-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

"Now is not the time ..."

This is exactly the time.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Elephant Whisperer

It's NEVER time when it comes to gun filth and Republican trash.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:11 PM

A 100 round ammunition magazine is just stupid.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:12 PM
BANNED

It's just the recent spate of shootings. Have fun with your guns when the wailing has subsided.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:47 AM

Florida Man is at it again!
Quote:
Authorities say a 55-year-old Florida man pulled a gun on a late-arriving furniture delivery team, saying he’s “shot people for less.”

Manatee County Sheriff’s investigators say Mitchell Helton is charged with two counts of aggravated assault. He was arrested Aug. 3 after the delivery team called the sheriff’s office.

The Bradenton Herald reports the delivery men called Helton to let him know they were on their way. When they arrived at his home, they say Helton was upset because it took them so long to arrive.

As they unloaded the furniture, deputies say Helton pointed a gun at them. The men tried to deescalate the situation and told him how to file a complaint.

An arrest report says Helton couldn’t explain why he confronted the men with a gun.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:32 PM

That seems like "Positive Gun News" to me. Real American uses gun to force lazy workers to work faster!
Old 08-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Not quite the same variety of "Stupid Gun News", but still fits under that umbrella:

Quote:
NRA chief sought purchase of $6 million mansion in wake of Parkland shooting

The chief executive of the National Rifle Association sought to have the nonprofit organization buy him a luxury mansion last year after a mass shooting at a Florida high school, selecting a French country-style estate in a gated Dallas-area golf club, according to multiple people familiar with the discussions....
Lest the hunters and shooters of America doubt that this would be a wise investment of their dues money, Wayne LaPierre provides a good explanation:

Quote:
Wayne LaPierre, the longtime head of the NRA, told associates he was worried about being targeted and needed a more secure place to live after 17 people were gunned down at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., the people said....
Alas, the plan seems to have fallen through, aborting the precedent that the NRA is to be expected to provide a six million dollar mansion as a remedy for fears inspired by a mass shooting.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Not quite the same variety of "Stupid Gun News", but still fits under that umbrella:

Lest the hunters and shooters of America doubt that this would be a wise investment of their dues money, Wayne LaPierre provides a good explanation:

Alas, the plan seems to have fallen through, aborting the precedent that the NRA is to be expected to provide a six million dollar mansion as a remedy for fears inspired by a mass shooting.
Actually, sounds like a reasonable solution to gun violence, just give everyone their own 6 million dollar mansion.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Today, a guy wearing body armor and carrying a gun and 100 rounds of ammunition walked into a Walmart in Springfield MO and started filming himself.

A customer with a gun held him until cops arrived. No one was hurt.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...mpression=true
Old 08-08-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
Today, a guy wearing body armor and carrying a gun and 100 rounds of ammunition walked into a Walmart in Springfield MO and started filming himself.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...mpression=true
That is just...bizarre. Did he want to get arrested?

And it was an armed off-duty firefighter that held him, after he left the store.

Very, very strange.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
So - someone wearing body armor, in battle fatigues, with a rifle, handgun and 100 rounds of ammunition, was eventually arrested by cops without incident, and the suspect is still alive with nary a scratch.

Armed only with that information, take a guess as to the color of the suspect's skin.

Last edited by DragonAsh; 08-08-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonAsh View Post
So - someone wearing body armor, in battle fatigues, with a rifle, handgun and 100 rounds of ammunition, was eventually arrested by cops without incident, and the suspect is still alive with nary a scratch.

Armed only with that information, take a guess as to the color of the suspect's skin.
Green?
Old 08-08-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post

And it was an armed off-duty firefighter that held him, after he left the store.

Very, very strange.
My wild speculation is the guy was looking to cause a scene and film the results rather than actually shoot up the place. You know those douchebags who walk around with rifles to prove they can and/or to provoke a reaction so they can say how they were just exercising their Second Amendment rights? I figure this guy was trying to pull that stunt. I would think if he'd wanted to shoot people, he probably would have started shooting when he came in or when the manager pulled the fire alarm rather than hang out till the other customer detained him.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonAsh View Post

This will become a Positive Gun News post once no charges are pressed, he gets his gun back, and those who detained and arrested him are forced to apologize for disrespecting his rights.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:22 AM

I'm curious what right the off-duty fireman had to hold the guy at gunpoint?
Old 08-09-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:

Very, very strange.
Nobody said these gun enthusiasts or white nationalists were rational or mentally stable; they're just dangerous. We're fortunate this one gave us a warning.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
He had a gun, and that gives you the right to do anything. But, wait, so did the other guy...

Agghhh, clash of the gun rights. Who is in the right, the person threatening the public with the gun, or the person threatening the person threatening the public with a gun. My head hurts now.

Now, in the end, the fire fighter would probably end up being in less trouble had he shot him. Self defense should be fairly effective and obvious in this situation, but as he didn't kill him, now he may come back and sue for having his rights violated.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
He had a gun, and that gives you the right to do anything. But, wait, so did the other guy...

Agghhh, clash of the gun rights. Who is in the right, the person threatening the public with the gun, or the person threatening the person threatening the public with a gun. My head hurts now.
He was legally carrying his gun while pushing a shopping cart and filming himself. How is that "threatening the public with a gun"?

I wonder if he would have gotten in trouble for shooting the fireman?
Old 08-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
He was legally carrying his gun while pushing a shopping cart and filming himself. How is that "threatening the public with a gun"?

That's the beautiful logic of the Second Amendment fundamentalists. Two guys with guns are afraid of each other? Whoever survives is the Good Guy With a Gun.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Wait I thought that all that was needed to stop all violence was a good guy with a gun. So does that mean that LaPierre, the chief executive of the NRA, doesn't actually own a gun, or that he's not a good guy?

I'm going to go for the easy money and bet on the latter.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 08-09-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Funny that the guy trolling Wal-Mart (“I wanted to know if that Walmart honored the 2nd Amendment”) was Дмитрий Андрейченко. Are all Russians trolls now?
Old 08-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Funny that the guy trolling Wal-Mart (I wanted to know if that Walmart honored the 2nd Amendment) was Дмитрий Андрейченко. Are all Russians trolls now?
I'm not trying to be confrontational, but huh? Can you give me a little context here?
Old 08-09-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:

You should watch the video at the bottom of the linked article. There is more info there than in the printed article.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to be confrontational, but huh? Can you give me a little context here?
That's the guy's name in Cyrillic. He is Russian. He's a troll. He's a Russian troll.

Wonder if we've seen him around here.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
That's the guy's name in Cyrillic. He is Russian. He's a troll. He's a Russian troll.

Wonder if we've seen him around here.
Ah, thanks.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Funny that the guy trolling Wal-Mart (I wanted to know if that Walmart honored the 2nd Amendment) was Дмитрий Андрейченко. Are all Russians trolls now?
I spent a whole five minutes searching Google for evidence that trolls are a thing in Russian folklore and came up empty. I guess they had to make some up themselves.

Quote:
He is Russian. He's a troll. He's a Russian troll.
No, no, no! Is "He is Russian. He is troll. He is Russian troll." Did Walter Koenig teach you nothing about speaking with a Russian accent?
Old 08-10-2019, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

It's the fault of the shoppers for being, what do they call it, "hoplophobes". This asswipe was just doing some "exposure therapy" for their own good.

No, really, there are actual Dopers who explain it that way.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
It's the fault of the shoppers for being, what do they call it, "hoplophobes". This asswipe was just doing some "exposure therapy" for their own good.

No, really, there are actual Dopers who explain it that way.
Yep, because nothing will reduce the carnage from the next shooter more than if people become accustomed to seeing armed men with body armor walking around.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:22 AM

So, Dimitriy has been charged. I wonder if lawyers are lining up to represent him. If the charges are dropped or he's found not guilty, this could be a huge deal.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
at it AGAIN???????????????

What the ever loving fuck!

Oh yeah. 2nd mendmunt gun rites. Holy fuck.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Green?
Hulk no need puny gun.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Everyone goes shopping fully armed and covered with armor
Old 08-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
Wait I thought that all that was needed to stop all violence was a good guy with a gun. So does that mean that LaPierre, the chief executive of the NRA, doesn't actually own a gun, or that he's not a good guy?

I'm going to go for the easy money and bet on the latter.
How MANY mass shootings have there been? And how many were in gun "friendly" places (i.e. Nevada and Texas)?

So where the fuck are all the good guys with guns?

Hiding with that other shit bird La Pierre???

Where ARE they all?

As for LaPierre, he doesn't care if any of us get killed. So in turn, I don't care if HE does. No fucks will be given.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
My wild speculation is the guy was looking to cause a scene and film the results rather than actually shoot up the place. You know those douchebags who walk around with rifles to prove they can and/or to provoke a reaction so they can say how they were just exercising their Second Amendment rights? I figure this guy was trying to pull that stunt. I would think if he'd wanted to shoot people, he probably would have started shooting when he came in or when the manager pulled the fire alarm rather than hang out till the other customer detained him.
In a surprising development, I actually got this one more or less right. The bozo says he was conducting an experiment to see if Walmart honored the Second Amendment. I guess he wanted to be sure that one of the nations largest in gun retailers, who permits open carry in their stores, was committed to gun rights.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/10/us/...859%26page%3D3
Old 08-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
In a surprising development, I actually got this one more or less right. The bozo says he was conducting an experiment to see if Walmart honored the Second Amendment. I guess he wanted to be sure that one of the nations largest in gun retailers, who permits open carry in their stores, was committed to gun rights.

Fuck him anyway. I'm over all that kind of bullshit.

I USED TO BE on their side, I was pro 2A, until they went all full retard. Fuck 'em now.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:

From the linked article:
Quote:
Police Lt. Mike Lucas said he did indeed cause a panic.
"His intent was not to cause peace or comfort to anybody that was in the business," Lucas said.
So anytime we see anybody carrying a gun in an open-carry state, we should scream "He's got a gun!" and run for the exits. That would be causing a panic, yes?

Might be a tactic worth considering.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:46 PM

Not exactly the right place for this but what the hell.
Quote:
After a mass shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, that left 22 people dead, the company said it would remove from its stores all signs, displays or videos that depict violence in an internal memo.

However, the chain did not say it would stop selling firearms despite pressure from progressives and gun control advocates.
Its pretty clear which side of the culture war Walmart's lining up on.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
From the linked article:

So anytime we see anybody carrying a gun in an open-carry state, we should scream "He's got a gun!" and run for the exits. That would be causing a panic, yes?

Might be a tactic worth considering.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...e-false-alarm#
Old 08-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Another board member flees the NRA.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...67ed68d08d/amp

Who could have imagined that a bunch of racist shills for the gun industry would also be self-dealing frauds?
Old 08-23-2019, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

One, refreshingly, not from the US:
Quote:
A customer fatally shot a waiter at a pizzeria on the outskirts of Paris, apparently enraged at being made to wait for a sandwich, according to witnesses.

The waiter’s colleagues called police after he was shot in the shoulder with a handgun in the Noisy-le-Grand suburb, 15km east of Paris’s city centre on Friday night.

Attempts to revive the 28-year-old failed and he died at the scene.

The gunman, who a witness said lost his temper “as his sandwich wasn’t prepared quickly enough”, fled the scene.
If only French law had permitted the waiter the means to defend himself ...