Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable View Post
No, the anecdote was still cool. You just drew an ignorant conclusion.
Should've drawn yours first and shot his out of his hand!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM

Here's at least one more. Don't worry though, the 3 kids and the mom were killed with a .22 rifle. He saved the "assault rifle" to kill his dad, then loaded both guns in a van and was allegedly considering shooting up a store when he was apprehended. So, 27?

Last edited by steronz; 02-06-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
Here's at least one more. Don't worry though, the 3 kids and the mom were killed with a .22 rifle.
And not a bar stool in sight.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm sure some are stupid, but if few or none were committed with an "assault weapon" it will make the new proposed "assault weapon" ban just as stupid as the old one.
Speaking of the old assault weapons ban, it lasted from 1994 until 2004. In that time, how many handguns or shotguns were seized from lawful gun owners?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Here's my entry for today:
Quote:
A South Carolina toddler is dead after reportedly mistaking a pink handgun for a toy.

Police responded to a call about a shooting at Haywood Plantation Apartments in Greenville, S.C., at 7:30 p.m. Friday night, the Associated Press reported. There, officers found 3-year-old Temorej Smith dead from a single gunshot wound to the head.

On Monday, police reported that the shooting occurred while Smith and his 7-year-old sister were in a bedroom at home, playing with a pink handgun they might have thought was a toy, according to CBS local affiliate WCSC....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2625386.html

What chaps my ass is this fascist from the story trying to infringe on our rights:
Quote:
"If you have guns, if you own guns mostly we would prefer you have them in a lock box," Johnathan Bragg of the Greenville Police Department told the news station. "At least have them out of the reach of children."
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Well you could just let Granny get murdered.
You mean, murdered like the Granny in your example who talked the maniac down and managed to end the situation peacefully after being able to miss him only once? Instead of firing wildly around her with a semi-auto?

I'd run like hell if she were compensating for her poor marksmanship with a G19, as well. Or any other automatic for that sake. Doesn't need to be a G18.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk28 View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2625386.html

What chaps my ass is this fascist from the story trying to infringe on our rights:
I am all for banning pink handguns.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
Here's at least one more. Don't worry though, the 3 kids and the mom were killed with a .22 rifle. He saved the "assault rifle" to kill his dad, then loaded both guns in a van and was allegedly considering shooting up a store when he was apprehended. So, 27?

Ca3799 was keeping count of everything since Newtown. So out of 1600 and something that makes for a total of 7 by your count. My guess would be maybe 2% so maybe 30 or so? Either way it's a whole lot less than 1600.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM

It's the NRA, so I suppose it's "stupid gun news: NRA's "enemies list": Most of America. They've published a list of "anti-gun" people and organizations that apparently includes much of the national population.

Quote:
This idea gets thrown into even sharper relief when you look at a partial list of civic, charitable and religious organizations that the NRA has determined are "anti-gun." Warning: Take a deep breath before reading aloud:

• AARP;

• AFL-CIO;

• American Medical Association;

• American Bar Association;

• American Jewish Committee;

• Anti-Defamation League;

• B`nai B`rith;

• Children`s Defense Fund;

• Environmental Action Foundation;

• Episcopal Church;

• Lauder Foundation;

• League of Women Voters of the United States;

• National Association of Police Organizations;

• National Coalition Against Domestic Violence;

• National Association for the Advancement of Colored People;

• National Council of La Raza;

• National Urban League;

• National Spinal Cord Injury Association;

• Southern Christian Leadership Conference;

• U.S. Catholic Conference;

• United Methodist Church;

• United Church of Christ;

• U.S. Conference of Mayors;

• and the YWCA of the USA.

I ask this in all seriousness: Who's left?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca3799 View Post
I dunno, but it appears that the mass shootings have increased sine the assault weapon ban ended. Could you research that real quick?
I sure hope you answer my question because I'm wondering why you posted the 1619 number? Is it because you think all guns are bad and should be banned? Or is it you think assault rifles are responsible for the whole number. Or is it because you want people to think assault rifles are responsible for the whole number so you can gather support to ban them first, then when the number stays the same you can go after handguns? Some other reason?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Speaking of the old assault weapons ban, it lasted from 1994 until 2004. In that time, how many handguns or shotguns were seized from lawful gun owners?
None. Do you wish they had seized some?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
It's the NRA, so I suppose it's "stupid gun news: NRA's "enemies list": Most of America. They've published a list of "anti-gun" people and organizations that apparently includes much of the national population.
You would agree the churches are bad at least, wouldn't you?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
None.
So your fear mongering about slippery slopes won't hunt.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
You would agree the churches are bad at least, wouldn't you?
Sure. But for entirely different reasons.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
So your fear mongering about slippery slopes won't hunt.
Slippery slope is out. The word now is incrementalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incrementalism

It hunts just fine, and it's not a fallacy.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Sure. But for entirely different reasons.
I'm against them because they are irrational. How about you?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I'm against them because they are irrational. How about you?
That's funny, because you are also irrational.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
How so?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
How so?
Ah, that's right, you also have trouble with comprehension.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
How so?
Because you ascribe to "incrementalism".
Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Why is that irrational?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You never commented. What did you think about the stupid gun owner in the wheelchair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pPtbI5C4NY
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Quote:
How so?
Quote:
Quote:
Why is that irrational?
Because if you adhere to incrementalism, you become irrational bit by bit.

Yes, that's a joke.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
You never commented.
How does that make you feel?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Because if you adhere to incrementalism, you become irrational bit by bit.

[COLOR"White"]Yes, that's a joke.[/COLOR]
Haha.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
How does that make you feel?
Like I stumped you.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Like I stumped you.
Aw! That's just so darn cute!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I'm just posting links with people defending themselves with firearms, whether they be ideal firearms for the purpose is a different matter.
And I'm pointing out that you're stupid for doing so in this thread.
Quote:
Less than ideal firearms are a lot better than no firearms when someone is coming after you. You knew that didn't you?
I did. I wasn't sure that you did, however, given your various posts about small caliber weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentor the Barbarian View Post
Aw! That's just so darn cute!
He's certainly friendlier than the idiot who kept trolling in that theater shooting thread. Tell you what: you can keep him as long as you clean up all the crap he leaves behind.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
And I'm pointing out that you're stupid for doing so in this thread.
If you think so, but it's working out just like I wanted. People click, thinking they are going to see something stupid, then they think "that's not stupid." Are you just mad cause you fell for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate
That actually looks sensible - calling 911 to determine how much force she can use to protect herself. Compared to some of the other stories discussed here, that's positively responsible gun ownership.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
If you think so, but it's working out just like I wanted. People click, thinking they are going to see something stupid, then they think "that's not stupid." Are you just mad cause you fell for it?
Still clueless, I see.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Still clueless, I see.
I know you are but what am I?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Christopher Dorner, a former LAPD officer and Navy Reservist, allegedly killed two people last weekend and shot three cops (one fatally) early this morning. Dorner was fired from the LAPD in 2009, allegedly for making a false report against another officer. It looks like Dorner nursed a grudge about this for more than three years, posted a long essay on his Facebook page detailing his grievances and threatening LAPD officers and their familes, and then started killing people.

The LA Times story is here, and you can read his entire manifesto here.

Not really stupid gun news, I guess, as much as horrifying gun news. Also, another story of someone who was a "Good Guy With a Gun"... until he wasn't.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I know you are but what am I?
Another pithy insight of the sort we've come to expect from you.

As I mentioned earlier, you seem to think that posting these links serves some sort of purpose other than flagging your inability to understand the point of this thread. A less clueless person, assuming they weren't actively trolling, would go start a different thread about successful constructive instances of gun usage rather than shitting up this one, because that would actively contribute to the quality of the board.

But then you wouldn't get to post your little "I'm rubber, you're glue" retorts while you mentally masturbate about how you're "showing up all those stupid gungrabbers", and that just wouldn't do.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
There's a second manifesto making the rounds with a long anti-gun rant included. I don't know if this is his from some other draft, or if someone edited a copy and is passing it off as his.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
There's a second manifesto making the rounds with a long anti-gun rant included. I don't know if this is his from some other draft, or if someone edited a copy and is passing it off as his.
I'm guessing that one has been embellished, since it talks about Tim Tebow not taking control of the offense and includes the line, "Larry David, I agree. 72-82 degrees is way to hot in a residence. 68 , degrees is perfect." And I imagine if the real version made those references to gun control, the major news outlets would have been all over it.

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 02-07-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: I should stop posting from a phone.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Christopher Dorner, a former LAPD officer and Navy Reservist, allegedly killed two people last weekend and shot three cops (one fatally) early this morning. Dorner was fired from the LAPD in 2009, allegedly for making a false report against another officer. It looks like Dorner nursed a grudge about this for more than three years, posted a long essay on his Facebook page detailing his grievances and threatening LAPD officers and their familes, and then started killing people.

Not really stupid gun news, I guess, as much as horrifying gun news. Also, another story of someone who was a "Good Guy With a Gun"... until he wasn't.
And now we have follow up SGNotD stemming from this: cops have now wantonly shot innocent citizens:

Quote:
At one point, officers guarding one location mistakenly opened fire on a pickup truck, believing it matched the description of Dorner's dark-colored 2005 Nissan Titan. Two occupants were injured.
Quote:
LAPD officers guarding a target named in the manifesto shot and wounded two women in suburban Torrance who were in a pickup truck, authorities said. Beck said one woman was in stable condition with two gunshot wounds and the other was being released after treatment.

"Tragically we believe this was a case of mistaken identity by the officers," Beck said.

Minutes later, Torrance officers responding to a report of gunshots encountered a dark pickup matching the description of Dorner's, police said. A collision occurred and the officers fired on the pickup. The unidentified driver was not hit and it turned out not to be the suspect vehicle, they said.

Fucking dumbasses should be kicked off the force and prosecuted. And the injured people (and anyone else in the truck(s) that miraculously escaped injury) deserve every penny they extract from the LAPD.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 02-07-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: fixed speling error
Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm guessing that one has been embellished, since it talks about Tim Tebow not taking control of the offense and includes the line, "Larry David, I agree. 72-82 degrees is way to hot in a residence. 68 , degrees is perfect." And I imagine if the real version made those references to gun control, the major news outlets would have been all over it.
Apparently that's the full manifesto that was on his Facebook page. Police reportedly requested that the portions concerning celebrities and political figures be withheld while he is on the loose, in case they are potential targets. (This seems backward to me; if your name is on his manifesto, wouldn't you want to know that so you can protect yourself?)
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
(This seems backward to me; if your name is on his manifesto, wouldn't you want to know that so you can protect yourself?)
I would want to know, but in California you can only protect yourself after a 10 day wait.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Police reportedly requested that the portions concerning celebrities and political figures be withheld while he is on the loose, in case they are potential targets. (This seems backward to me; if your name is on his manifesto, wouldn't you want to know that so you can protect yourself?)
I'm assuming they told the celebrities themselves, and just withheld the names from the general public.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I would want to know, but in California you can only protect yourself after a 10 day wait.
What? People are prohibited from protecting themselves for 10 days? No tazers, door locks, staying with relatives, police protection? For 10 days? Holy shit!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:40 AM

Turns out the gun range where Kyle was killed had another 'incident' where a staff member helped a teen load and shoot a 12 gauge that blew the kids thumb off and permanently damaged his hand.

The staffer was not a gun range staffer, he was a zip line staffer... Because any yahoo can use a gun. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2639112.html

I don't have any problem treating gun ownership similar to car ownership. A class, a test, a license, a registration and insurance- things long those lines seem very reasonable to me.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Apparently that's the full manifesto that was on his Facebook page. Police reportedly requested that the portions concerning celebrities and political figures be withheld while he is on the loose, in case they are potential targets. (This seems backward to me; if your name is on his manifesto, wouldn't you want to know that so you can protect yourself?)
Wow. Thanks for the correction. I was sure all that shit about Michele Obama's bangs and Charlie Sheen being awesome was someone's idea of parody. Yikes. Crazy motherfucker.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca3799 View Post
I don't have any problem treating gun ownership similar to car ownership. A class, a test, a license, a registration and insurance- things long those lines seem very reasonable to me.
Registration and insurance may pose a problem, but I thing a license to own a gun with tests would be a good idea.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 AM

http://ohhshoot.blogspot.com/2013/01...fiance-at.html

Quote:
A couple were among a large group of people target shooting at the Manatee Gun and Archery Club in Myakka City, Florida. The woman was firing a .45-caliber Taurus handgun when a bullet casing landed inside her shirt.
While trying to keep the hot casing off her skin and get the casing out of her blouse, she bent over and started swatting her shirt. But she was still holding the gun with her finger on the trigger.
She unintentionally discharged the gun, shooting her fiance in the leg. The bullet passed through his right thigh.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
What I find interesting , is, who is not on the list, like the KKK or the American Nazi Party.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:

But Dorner is a liberal wacko. How strange.....
Old 02-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
"Five days? But I'm angry NOW!" -Homer Simpson
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 AM

I skipped most of the thread, but the guy in the OP is a world class asshole. I have no problems with carrying, concealed or open, a handgun in public.

But a rifle in a grocery store? That's so out of the ordinary that it's going to scare the shit out of everyone there. Plus it is private property and your 2nd amendment rights are no stronger than my 1st amendment rights to stand in the aisles and yell that Kroger sucks and everyone should shop at Target.

I liked how he made a point to look for a sign that prohibits carrying a loaded rifle in Kroger. No, dipshit, there is no sign. There also isn't a sign saying that you can't rob the store or wave your dick around at the cashiers. Do we need a sign for every social faux pas, even if it is technically legal? This is absolutely the incorrect way to protest new gun control proposals.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Charter Member

I propose the parents of these fifth grade kids as world class assholes of the week. WTF are they teaching their kid???

(Sorry, no game/movie excuses allowed)

Last edited by jasg; 02-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM

Charged with witness tampering... *sniff* they grow up so fast!