Old 06-26-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
And I don't even know how the administration answers the question of why they don't just use emergency funding powers, like they're trying with his (non-Mexican-paid) wall - because there is no more press access to the White House.
'Cause this isn't an emergency. A bunch of snot-nosed little furriners who don't vote? Some of them can't even talk yet, and the ones who do, prolly don't speak English. Now the Wall--THAT'S an emergency!
Old 06-26-2019, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
He's got missiles! He's got warships! He can take any land he wants!

^actual Trump reasoning
Sigh ... he's far from the first President to have those thoughts.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
How has President Trump pissed you off today?

Oh I guess (today) I'll go with this reason:

U.S. House passes border aid bill, Trump vows veto.

Quote:
and Republican President Donald Trump has vowed to veto the House legislation, with White House officials saying it would hamstring the administration’s border enforcement efforts.

Well obviously. Since these efforts involve starving kids in cages and inflicting the most cruelty possible on would-be immigrants (legal or otherwise) ; any humanitarian effort would be wholly counterproductive. That's just sound sociopath logic.

Last edited by Kobal2; 06-26-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:28 AM

Trump is making my head hurt. It may be the first time in his life he's rejected money. His handlers are SO keen on torturing children and their caretakers that they've gotten him to say no to money.

Kobal2, since we're closeish, do you happen to have a bottle of high-grade aspirin open? I'm pretty much a teetotaler but these people could drive a bronze statue to drink, I swear. I've got serrano. We can eat the serrano to make the guzzling easier.

Last edited by Nava; 06-26-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Trump is making my head hurt. It may be the first time in his life he's rejected money. His handlers are SO keen on torturing children and their caretakers that they've gotten him to say no to money.

Kobal2, since we're closeish, do you happen to have a bottle of high-grade aspirin open? I'm pretty much a teetotaler but these people could drive a bronze statue to drink, I swear. I've got serrano. We can eat the serrano to make the guzzling easier.

Well I'm sorry m'lady, but I'm afraid I couldn't be seen in public with a teetotaler. I've got a reputation to think about. What would my AA buddies think ?!
Old 06-26-2019, 10:16 AM

Trump, without offering evidence, accuses Mueller of illegal activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday, without offering evidence, that Special Counsel Robert Mueller "terminated" FBI communications in what he called an illegal move.

"Mueller terminated them illegally. He terminated all of the emails ... Robert Mueller terminated their text messages together. He terminated them. They're gone. And that's illegal. That's a crime," Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network, referring to two former FBI employees who exchanged disparaging messages about the president.
Just how does one terminate an email or a text message?
Old 06-26-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post

Maybe he meant "delete"? That's what he gets for trying to use a three-syllable word. Not enough RAM in his brain to handle it.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Maybe he meant "delete"? That's what he gets for trying to use a three-syllable word. Not enough RAM in his brain to handle it.
Trump claims Mueller, as Special Counsel, somehow had authority to delete records of FBI E-mails and text messages?

Hey, I'm not asking you to explain; I'm just acknowledging that Trump's claim makes exactly zero sense. Or, as the saying goes, he's not even wrong.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 06-26-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Quite right. Give those freeloading kids toothpaste and soap, and next they'll be expecting food. Give them food, and next they'll want clean clothing. When will it ever end?
That's right! Those illegal immigrant freeloaders don't know how good they have it:

Raising Arizona--"...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post

Skynet exists and the Deep State controls it...

...for now.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Sigh ... he's far from the first President to have those thoughts.

He's far from the brightest President to have those thoughts either ( and those thoughts aren't particularly bright ) .
Old 06-26-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Maybe this is one of those times when he'll stomp around and wave his big dick stick and then back off at the last minute so he can be the hero and bestow food, toothpaste, blankets, and soap on those undeserving future terrorists brown rugrats.
Or maybe he'll just throw some paper towels at them and claim that he's a hero.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny Middon View Post
Or maybe he'll just throw some paper towels at them and claim that he's a hero.

You know that bit about the paper towels is because that's the best his fevered mind could come up with on short notice when his handlers finally got it through his thick skull that Puerto Ricans are, in fact, Americans. You just know his first, second, third, maybe twentieth reaction to being told that was, "Are you fucking kidding me? No, they're not. It's righ there in the name: Puerto Rican. They're Puerto Ricans, not Americans. Hell, I've never even seen them hump display the American flag back in New York, just the Puerto Rican flag."
Old 06-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
You know that bit about the paper towels is because that's the best his fevered mind could come up with on short notice when his handlers finally got it through his thick skull that Puerto Ricans are, in fact, Americans. You just know his first, second, third, maybe twentieth reaction to being told that was, "Are you fucking kidding me? No, they're not. It's righ there in the name: Puerto Rican. They're Puerto Ricans, not Americans. Hell, I've never even seen them hump display the American flag back in New York, just the Puerto Rican flag."
Like he knows what the Puerto Rican flag looks like.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Like he knows what the Puerto Rican flag looks like.

Hanging in the windows of apartments he was evicting tenants from, most likely.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Trump claims Mueller, as Special Counsel, somehow had authority to delete records of FBI E-mails and text messages?
I think he may be referring to The Hillary Emails. The investigation was closed, and then there was the Weiner wiener's scandal, and his wife Huma Abedin was an aide of Hillary Clinton's, and Abedin had used Weiner's laptop. So the laptop had to be scrubbed for emails from HC, and this was announced because transparency, but then it turned out there were no new emails so nothing to see here folks.

The comparison between the already-known emails and the ones in Weiner's laptop is the kind of thing where you can set up a program to do it, it's a matter of comparing two large files whose content is in different order and looking for any chunk which appears in one file but not in the other (and vice versa): takes a while to set up the program and some time to run it, but you don't need eyeballs on screens.

Chapter 6 in McCabe's book, plus multiple newspaper articles. I've got the book in my kindle, so I just searched it for the names... Trump would probably think it's magic.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
I think he may be referring to The Hillary Emails.
No, he's specifically referring to communications between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. They are mentioned in the linked article, although not by name.

In any event, I'm certain Mueller had no formal authority to delete agency communications. The whole notion is preposterous.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 06-26-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:00 PM
SDSAB

Not that that has ever stopped Twitler before....
Old 06-27-2019, 07:35 AM

Trump Wants To Withdraw Deportation Protections For Families Of Active Troops
Quote:
The Trump administration wants to scale back a program that protects undocumented family members of active duty troops from being deported, according to attorneys familiar with those plans.

The attorneys are racing to submit applications for what is known as parole in place after hearing from the wives and loved ones of deployed soldiers who've been told that option is "being terminated."

The protections will only be available under rare circumstances, the lawyers said they've been told.

"It's going to create chaos in the military," said Margaret Stock, an immigration attorney who represents recruits and veterans in deportation proceedings. "The troops can't concentrate on their military jobs when they're worried about their family members being deported."

"I don't think people really understand we have a global military that has a multitude of immigration problems because of the fact that we deploy immigrants overseas all the time and we recruit immigrants and we recruit U.S. citizens who are married to immigrants and have immigrant parents," [Margaret] Stock said. "The military is very international, and if you got rid of everybody in the military who had a connection to a foreigner — you wouldn't have anyone in the military."
Old 06-27-2019, 08:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
How has President Trump pissed you off today?

Oh I guess (today) I'll go with this reason:

U.S. House passes border aid bill, Trump vows veto.
Quote:
Quite right. Give those freeloading kids toothpaste and soap, and next they'll be expecting food. Give them food, and next they'll want clean clothing. When will it ever end?
With mice and cookies?
Old 06-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

So Trump is proposing actions that will probably lead to the families of some active troops in combat situations being deported?

People in sensitive military positions who have guns?

I'm sure he's thought this through with his customary thoroughness.

Last edited by CalMeacham; 06-27-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
So Trump is proposing actions that will probably lead to the families of some active troops in combat situations being deported?

He'll probably reverse the order soon and declare himself a HERO! Worth of the Nobel prize, or of a celebration on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial!
Old 06-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member

Speaking of next week's dog and pony show, has any of the security details been worked out?
Old 06-27-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
Speaking of next week's dog and pony show, has any of the security details been worked out?

A few vague details here

Quote:
National Independence Day Parade, A Capitol Fourth concert on the West Lawn of the Capitol building and a fireworks display. These events remain largely unchanged from years past.
Trump's one hour military dog and pony show will be later:
Quote:
"Salute to America," which Trump will lead in honoring the U.S. military, is scheduled 6:30-7:30 p.m. on July 4, according to a release from the Department of the Interior. There will be music, military demonstrations and flyovers, organizers say.
Quote:
The event featuring Trump, "Salute to America," opens its gates at 3:30 p.m. It's unclear what kind of security will be present.
Can't see anything that could go wrong here. Nope.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
I've been wondering myself. Is he gonna dare show his face in the mostly democratic DC?

Perhaps he will wing off to Mount Rushmore where they can burn the forest down.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post

A few vague details here

Trump's one hour military dog and pony show will be later:

Can't see anything that could go wrong here. Nope.
First he should start deporting military families. Perhaps he will unveil this great plan.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
I've been wondering myself. Is he gonna dare show his face in the mostly democratic DC?
My money's on him making his speech from the Oval Office, and broadcasting it on giant screens on the Mall.

Followed by insufferable crowing on Twitter that the hour or so extra of a few tanks and planes, plus Trump's bloviations, somehow transformed the annual Independence day celebration into THE GREATEST SPECTACLE EVER!!!!!

Last edited by El_Kabong; 06-27-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:54 AM

I think he'll probably take credit for the entirety of July 4 celebrations across the country.

"Very good, very great celebrations of me and July 4 yesterday. We never had this before. Now I have made it happen. Not many people know about July 4 and the start of our great country."
Old 06-27-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
I would guess this is a Stephen Miller idea.

The idea is to encourage the darker-skinned folks to leave the military altogether.

An all-White force can then institute pledges of personal loyalty to the Glorious Trump, and proceed with the important work of policing America.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
The idea is to encourage the darker-skinned folks to leave the military altogether.
Well, there goes the infantry. I suppose they think the drones can take their place.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Well, there goes the infantry. I suppose they think the drones can take their place.
No, I think all the beautiful white babies that will be born now that women can't end pregnancies (or even prevent them in some places, with birth control being hard to get) will quickly grow up to fill all those empty spots.

It's going to take quite a while, and several more initiatives, to encourage all the darker-skinned troops to leave. And in the meantime, those less-desirable troops can be sent off to wars in Iran and Venezuela, making themselves useful securing oil fields and whatnot.

So there's time for the plan to work itself out.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
No, I think all the beautiful white babies that will be born now that women can't end pregnancies (or even prevent them in some places, with birth control being hard to get) will quickly grow up to fill all those empty spots.

It'll only be the poor white women who can't get birth control, abortions, haflway decent medical care, decent housing, etc.

Quote:
It's going to take quite a while, and several more initiatives, to encourage all the darker-skinned troops to leave. And in the meantime, those less-desirable troops can be sent off to wars in Iran and Venezuela, making themselves useful securing oil fields and whatnot.

Yeah, and when they get back, they'll still be treated as foreigners and undesirables in their own country.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and when they get back, they'll still be treated as foreigners and undesirables in their own country.
Get back?
Old 06-27-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Well, Individual 1 did say that we can win an easy war with Iran without troops on the ground.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:33 PM

Well, if Bush got to land on an aircraft carrier, do you think we could sell Trump on a moon landing to announce "victory"? I would pay cash money to help fund it.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:56 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Well, if Bush got to land on an aircraft carrier, do you think we could sell Trump on a moon landing to announce "victory"? I would pay cash money to help fund it.
I would only pay for the fuel to get him there.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
I would only pay for the fuel to get him there.

Have you learned nothing from the "master of the art of the deal"? You'll get Saudi Arabia to help Iran pay for part of the fuel to get there, and then you'll launch the son-of-a-bitch anyway! You'll then spend the next four years rallying to get people to fund the rest of it before he dies.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
It'll only be the poor white women who can't get birth control, abortions, haflway decent medical care, decent housing, etc.
Well, rich white women don’t have babies who grow up to join the Army, anyway.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:01 PM

Trump tells Putin: Don’t meddle in US elections

Quote:
President Donald Trump told Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday not to meddle in the U.S. elections, appearing to make light of a scandal that had led to a two-year investigation into his campaign’s contact with the Kremlin during the 2016 elections.

Asked by a reporter whether he would raise the issue during a bilateral meeting with Putin, Trump said: “Yes, of course I will.”

Trump then turned to Putin to give the directive twice while pointing at the Russian leader. Putin maintained a smile as the remark was interpreted for him.
What. an. asshole.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:13 PM

Topical Forrest Whitaker quote :

"This guy... this guy is just pissing on us. And we just smile ? And lick it up ? Vic Mackey DEALS DRUGS ! He kills cops ! He beats suspects ! Know what I learned today ? He screwed... my ex-wife... with the sole purpose of making this investigation look like a personal vendetta. He may have assassinated a gang leader. And that was just all in one day ! I wonder what he's gonna do today ?! And what is it he's gonna do tomorrow ?! THIS GUY ! This guy is just pissing all over us, he's pissing on YOU ! What does it taste like ? 'cause it tastes like piss to me."
Old 06-29-2019, 12:18 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Over the past day or two at the G20 summit, Chump has upped his bromance with Putin, the Saudi crown prince and that twerpy little North Korean dictator. I think that's it for me, if this bastard really does win again in 2020, I'm going to start wiping my ass with the American flag, as that's all it will be good for by then.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:31 PM

Individual 1 thinks school busing is about a means of transporting kids to school. And he thinks "western style liberalism" means the kind of liberalism found on the West Coast.
JUNE 29, 2019
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...busing-853745/
Old 06-29-2019, 01:34 PM

Wouldn't it be great to hear world leaders talk about every stupid statement and question from Trump?

I know most leaders are too dignified for something like this, but imagine how entertaining it would be to hear one of them saying something like, "So there we are at the G20. We decide to to talk about bonds, and Trump, no kidding, says he thinks that Sean Connery was the best. No, I'm serious..."
Old 06-29-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
Wouldn't it be great to hear world leaders talk about every stupid statement and question from Trump?

I know most leaders are too dignified for something like this, but imagine how entertaining it would be to hear one of them saying something like, "So there we are at the G20. We decide to to talk about bonds, and Trump, no kidding, says he thinks that Sean Connery was the best. No, I'm serious..."
I hope they at least do this in the bar at night, when they're having drinks and thump isn't invited.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
"So there we are at the G20. We decide to to talk about bonds, and Trump, no kidding, says he thinks that Sean Connery was the best. No, I'm serious..."
… Well, it would be the first time he was ever correct...
Old 06-29-2019, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

2nd time. I'd date Ivanka too.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:29 PM
Charter Member

Time for the quarterly check. Yep he is still breathing, so I am pissed off.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Individual 1 thinks school busing is about a means of transporting kids to school. And he thinks "western style liberalism" means the kind of liberalism found on the West Coast.
JUNE 29, 2019
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...busing-853745/
And in his word salad response to the busing question, he said his administration us working on a plan, which it would unveil in four weeks. A plan for what, he did not say. I guess we can expect the federal government to take over student transportation. Or something.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Someone would need to provide them with a curated list of representative samples. If they tried to cover his gems exhaustively, they'd never get any real work done.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
And in his word salad response to the busing question, he said his administration us working on a plan, which it would unveil in four weeks. A plan for what, he did not say. I guess we can expect the federal government to take over student transportation. Or something.
Well, clearly something unusual is afoot*---Trump ALWAYS promises results in TWO weeks:

Quote:
Trump's timeline? Always "two weeks"
https://www.axios.com/trumps-timelin...9c7cf2baa.html

The short article (a list of examples) dates from the end of 2017, but it would appear that the "two weeks" thing has held up through most of this month:

Quote:
Trump says he will delay deportation raids for two weeks
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1TN0ON

Now, all of a sudden, the fictional time period has doubled. What could this mean? Has Trump made unexpected progress in his arithmetic lessons---progress he's anxious to show off?

*which perhaps will be the fate of the schoolchildren.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post

It's always "working on it" or "I'll show you the item" at some future date. And of course it's always "the best you have ever seen will ever see". He's a combination conman, SNL's Middle-aged Man, and Wimpy from Popeye.

Last edited by Monty; 06-30-2019 at 06:57 PM.