Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2651  
Old 01-14-2018, 08:37 AM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
I'm not going to pretend to know, but AFAIK, the rampant pollution, lack of workers rights by comparison, authoritarianism and political corruptness are a bit more far reaching in such a large populace...
This is a very good outline of Trumps MAGA plan.
  #2652  
Old 01-14-2018, 08:50 AM
QuickSilver is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 19,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
This is a very good outline of Trumps MAGA plan.
Little known fact, "I'm not going to pretend to know...", is the start of the Trump MAGA pledge.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #2653  
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 AM
septimus's Avatar
septimus is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Land of Smiles
Posts: 19,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijin View Post
But, since you asked, I have chosen to live in [Asia], and I rejected the chance to work in the US. For me, I've always found US culture a bit bizarre, with the whole "god and guns" thing, and recently it's taken a turn for the worst. The culture was already moving to being more adversarial and anti-intellectual; Trump is just a symptom of all that.
You and me both, Mijin, and I was even Born in the U.S.A.(*) Where I live now, health care is very affordable. If I had another heart attack while visiting U.S.A. I'd have to say "Please just take me straight to the morgue ó don't bankrupt my family." Another reason I don't even want to visit that shit-hole is I might accidentally strike up a conversation with some ape like Starving Artist. I'd break up in laughter at his stupidity and he'd pull out one his handguns and shoot me.

(* - Click the link to see the lyrics to this famous song. If you had any remaining doubt about Republican stupidity know that they chose this "patriotic" song for the Convention that nominated Trump. )
  #2654  
Old 01-14-2018, 09:18 AM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
You and me both, Mijin, and I was even Born in the U.S.A.(*) Where I live now, health care is very affordable. If I had another heart attack while visiting U.S.A. I'd have to say "Please just take me straight to the morgue ó don't bankrupt my family." Another reason I don't even want to visit that shit-hole is I might accidentally strike up a conversation with some ape like Starving Artist. I'd break up in laughter at his stupidity and he'd pull out one his handguns and shoot me.

(* - Click the link to see the lyrics to this famous song. If you had any remaining doubt about Republican stupidity know that they chose this "patriotic" song for the Convention that nominated Trump. )
That started with Reagan in 1984
  #2655  
Old 01-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Maus Magill is offline
Not a real doctor.
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 7,341
So what's the over/under for the number of pages we're going to waste on the Starving Artist/anomalous1 show?
__________________
"I was thiiis close to making "Don't let GED become a lifestyle choice" my tagline, but then I saw some beer that needed drinking,and I forgot." - Annie
  #2656  
Old 01-14-2018, 10:48 AM
Steve MB is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
outside the realm of racial and sexual equality
Quote:
liberal permissiveness and its offshoots
You two shout it out between yourselves and get back to us.
__________________
The Internet: Nobody knows if you're a dog. Everybody knows if you're a jackass.

Last edited by Steve MB; 01-14-2018 at 10:49 AM.
  #2657  
Old 01-14-2018, 11:11 AM
SaneBill is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Yes, I know liberals love to allege this. Yet everyone wants to come here.

Further, it's easy to be happy as long as one's immediate needs are met, but that doesn't mean that one has reached his maximum capacity for happiness. One can only wonder how much happier the residents of Norway would be were they allowed the opportunities, advantages, freedoms and lifestyles many Americans enjoy.
Had to come back for this, because this proves that you really don't understand Scandinavia. The bolded part alone speaks volumes.
The one thing we abhor most in Americans is the overblown greed. You've been brainwashed to think that everything must be bigger, faster, higher and shinier like that would mean better.
It isn't if you ask us. We don't want to live in houses or drive cars that are unnecessary big, shiny or whatever. We think that if it's adequate it's the best option. If a person here wins a million in lottery his neighbour probably doesn't notice a thing. He pays all his loans away and maybe gets a newer version of his current cars and something like that. Nobody here goes on a crazy spending spree wasting all in a matter of months. We are mostly very modest people and when we get enough that's all we want.

And THAT is the reason why we are among the happiest people in the world. We hate that robber baron mentality that America has and don't want any of it - like the socialist liberals that we are.

And that American "freedom" ? In any other western country that would be called anarchy, especially with all those guns. No thanks !
  #2658  
Old 01-14-2018, 12:48 PM
AI Proofreader is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
By the way, I never said there weren't good people in poorer countries. People can strive for a better life, but at what cost to the rest of us, is that ever considered? If you are an American, try putting YOUR country first, instead of caring about everybody else and their problems. Oh, and vetting should be more strict and based on MERIT and SKILL.

There you go.

Sorry pal, Trump won and you've got to live with it. Go protest or get a rally going at your indie coffee shop if it'll make you feel better and make you quit stomping your feet with your fingers in your ears. Also, it's not very polite to reply with an insult. You reap what you sow. Remember that.
Right, which is why when America is in trouble, thanks to assholes like yourself who don't give a shit about the rest of the world, we can count on the rest of the world letting us crash and burn.
__________________
- Born after "computer" was a synonym for "woman" but before "worker" becomes a synonym for "robot."
  #2659  
Old 01-14-2018, 12:49 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus Magill View Post
So what's the over/under for the number of pages we're going to waste on the Starving Artist/anomalous1 show?
Trumpetters seems to get the loudest and the more obtuse the more idiocy they see coming from their "alpha" male.

I see it as showing others how corrosive Trump and the current Republicans in power are. The fish is indeed rotting from the head, and even conservatives (the ones with brains other than a goldfish) know that we have in the white house is not normal nor good.


https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...historians-say
Quote:
Trumpís ďshitholeĒ comments were the most openly racist by a president in decades, historians say
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...g-about-s-hole
Quote:
A conservative columnist said President Trump called friends to brag after the meeting in which the president reportedly referred to Haiti, El Salvador and African nations as "shithole countries."

"Itís weird that people in the room donít remember Trump using that word when Trump himself was calling friends to brag about it afterwards," Erick Erickson, who has in the past been critical of Trump, said in a tweet.

"I spoke to one of those friends. The President thought it would play well with the base."
https://www.gq.com/story/rnc-chair-d...mp-is-a-racist
Quote:
Former RNC Chair Michael Steele: It's "Incontrovertible" That Donald Trump Is a Racist
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ca8d8fa312e4
Quote:
Republicans often point to Rep. Mia Love as proof of their inclusivity. But she thinks Trumpís comments are racist.
  #2660  
Old 01-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Penfeather's Avatar
Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Yes, I know liberals love to allege this. Yet everyone wants to come here.
Give up my ten days paid sick leave and four weeks paid annual leave? Ahahahaha. Oh yeah, about that "we jest lurves our freedoms" stuff? The United States doesn't even crack the top ten in free-estness. You're 23rd. Face it, idiot, it isn't 1907 any more, or even 1947: much of the world views your country as the shithole.
  #2661  
Old 01-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Siam Sam is offline
Elephant Whisperer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 41,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Makes my decision that much easier. See, about nine years ago I came to the unavoidable conclusion that if Starving Artist ever accidentally posted something that was important for me to know, Iíd eventually see the same information posted by someone else; someone who had NOT pigheadeadly demonstrated an unflinching dedication to pursuing the ideal of being wrong as often as possible.

So, I went to the wine cellar, uncorked (well unscrewed the bottle cap from) the cheapest rotgut in my stores,* and raised a glass to the last post of his I would ever deliberately read.

As I now do to yours.

*I keep such bottles of plonk on hand for just such an occasion.
Since I suspect he's just a sock of SA, you've failed at not deliberately reading his posts. But I hear you. Trash is trash, and that's what the Ignore list is for. I would urge people not to feed trolls.
__________________
The two most interesting things in the world: Other people's sex lives and your own money.
  #2662  
Old 01-14-2018, 01:52 PM
enipla is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado Rockies.
Posts: 14,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneBill View Post
Had to come back for this, because this proves that you really don't understand Scandinavia. The bolded part alone speaks volumes.
The one thing we abhor most in Americans is the overblown greed. You've been brainwashed to think that everything must be bigger, faster, higher and shinier like that would mean better.
It isn't if you ask us. We don't want to live in houses or drive cars that are unnecessary big, shiny or whatever. We think that if it's adequate it's the best option. If a person here wins a million in lottery his neighbour probably doesn't notice a thing. He pays all his loans away and maybe gets a newer version of his current cars and something like that. Nobody here goes on a crazy spending spree wasting all in a matter of months. We are mostly very modest people and when we get enough that's all we want.

And THAT is the reason why we are among the happiest people in the world. We hate that robber baron mentality that America has and don't want any of it - like the socialist liberals that we are.

And that American "freedom" ? In any other western country that would be called anarchy, especially with all those guns. No thanks !
Please understand that not all US Americans are like this. My house is paid off, I drive a 12 year old car. I have NO desire to get what is the most shinny new thing. My friends are the same.

My desire is to retire with dignity, and have enough money (I save it myself, what a concept!) to enjoy my later years.
__________________
I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here.
  #2663  
Old 01-14-2018, 02:17 PM
k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Please understand that not all US Americans are like this. My house is paid off, I drive a 12 year old car. I have NO desire to get what is the most shinny new thing. My friends are the same.

My desire is to retire with dignity, and have enough money (I save it myself, what a concept!) to enjoy my later years.
I'd say the same, but I still have 6 years on my house, and I actually just bought a "new" car, a 2014 Ford Focus to replace my 1994 Ford Escort, which was sadly no longer worth repairing.

I don't understand the obsession many of my fellow country men have for consuming as much as possible, having the latest and greatest of everything, having a huge house and an impractical car (I consider a practical car one that is the minimum cost needed to get you where you need to be), and then say they want even more.
  #2664  
Old 01-14-2018, 02:22 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Liberalism is Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and to a large extent the UK, Canada, Australia, and indeed much of the industrialized world. Liberalism is universal health care and a strong social fabric and support system.
To the degree that any of this is true, it's been made possible by the fact these countries (England largely excluded) haven't had to pay for or finance their own freedom from outside threat, having enjoyed most of their 20th and 21st century freedom under the umbrella of the U.S.'s military might. Still, their citizens live lives of relative sparseness compared with American lifestyles. They live in small houses and apartments with small furniture and small amenities and drive small cars (if they even have one), and know little of the sense of pride and fulfillment that comes with accomplishment, success, and having forged one's own way in life.
A number of people from Scandinavia and other first-world democracies have already commented on this marvelous pile of drivel, but I have to add a comment of my own. As a Canadian I'm rather astounded to be informed that I live in a small house with small furniture and "small amenities" (whatever that means), drive a small car, and "know little of the sense of pride and fulfillment that comes with accomplishment". If there was any lingering doubt that you're bat-shit crazy, that amazing proclamation ought to dispel it.

The only part of that rant that's true is that my car might be considered "small" if the standard of comparison is a 1960s-style behemoth nearly large enough to land a small plane on that used to be considered the iconic American status symbol. It's hilarious that you consider that to be some kind of value. The 1960s called: they want their values back. This pretty much ended with the 1973 oil embargo and gas crisis, before which it was considered de rigueur for one person alone to commute encased in twenty tons of steel, guzzling gas and belching pollution in defiance of the physical realities of the world we live in. So yes, my car might be considered somewhat "small" by those standards, but it's by choice because, believe it or not, here in Canuckistan we are still permitted to make choices.

I'll make one more point, relating to the "land of opportunity" argument you made previously. The problem isn't that the argument is false, because the US does offer some amazing opportunities in business, science, entertainment, and academia. The problem is that on the balance between social welfare -- in the important sense of societal health, happiness, and cohesiveness -- and the dominance of unfettered capitalism, the US has adjusted its control knobs as far as they will go firmly in the direction of unfettered capitalism. This creates a society -- a nation -- with far more turmoil, unhappiness, stress, and early deaths than in most other rich countries. It creates a nation in which the dollar is supreme and valued above moral values, societal health, human health, and even life itself, a nation in which it's absolutely terrific to be wealthy, but tough slogging for everyone else; a nation which is far, far down on the list of countries with genuine freedoms and, by some measures, is no longer even a democracy. And the problem with Republican wingnuts like yourself is that they're still pushing ever harder to make every single one of those problems worse.

I'll also remind you of this asinine statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
You people rarely state outright what it is you're going for. You prefer the back door approach. Few libs argue outright for communism, for example, but everything you whinge about - income inequality = evil, capitalism = evil, rich people = evil, etc., etc. - leads inexorably to just that.
Despite your back-pedaling on praise of Scandinavia, maybe you can explain why this "inexorable" tragedy hasn't yet unfolded there or anywhere else in first-world democracies, all of which are hotbeds of liberalism according to your bat-shit crazy standards.

Meanwhile, the latest on American refugees in Canada.
  #2665  
Old 01-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Nava is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hey! I'm located! WOOOOW!
Posts: 42,739
wolfpup? Can I have your autograph? *hands over notebook and pen*
__________________
Evidence gathered through the use of science is easily dismissed through the use of idiocy. - Czarcasm.
  #2666  
Old 01-14-2018, 02:47 PM
QuickSilver is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 19,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
...I'll make one more point, relating to the "land of opportunity" argument you made previously. The problem isn't that the argument is false, because the US does offer some amazing opportunities in business, science, entertainment, and academia. The problem is that on the balance between social welfare -- in the important sense of societal health, happiness, and cohesiveness -- and the dominance of unfettered capitalism, the US has adjusted its control knobs as far as they will go firmly in the direction of unfettered capitalism. This creates a society -- a nation -- with far more turmoil, unhappiness, stress, and early deaths than in most other rich countries. It creates a nation in which the dollar is supreme and valued above moral values, societal health, human health, and even life itself, a nation in which it's absolutely terrific to be wealthy, but tough slogging for everyone else; a nation which is far, far down on the list of countries with genuine freedoms and, by some measures, is no longer even a democracy. And the problem with Republican wingnuts like yourself is that they're still pushing ever harder to make every single one of those problems worse...
But-but-but.... MAGA!!!! ...and FREEDOM!!!
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #2667  
Old 01-14-2018, 02:49 PM
k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
wolfpup? Can I have your autograph? *hands over notebook and pen*
Hey now, that's immigrant sponsorship paperwork.
  #2668  
Old 01-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Starving Artist is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneBill View Post
We don't want to live in houses or drive cars that are unnecessary big, shiny or whatever. We think that if it's adequate it's the best option.
Don't have time today to address the semi-sized truckload of horseshit that's accumulated since last night, but this little tidbit especially drew my attention, and all I can say is, 'Ah yes, socialism, where adequate is good enough'.

No, thanks. I'll take the produce of enterprise every time. It creates things like the internet you're using now, the computer and/or phone you're using now. Luxurious automobiles that last for hundreds of thousands of miles. Etc., etc., ad infinitum, not to mention the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction that comes from having a part in the creation of all these things. I don't think I'm the one who's been brainwashed. (After all, it's never been democratic countries with free enterprise who've found it necessary to send their citizens to 're-education centers', has it? But be that as it may, if you want to live your life as a drone just drifting through your days till they run out it's fine with me. But I see nothing superior in it, morally or otherwise. Just remember that what lives you do live now and most of what you have now is the result of the creativity and ambition and enterprise (and military might) of those whose economic system you're deluding yourself into viewing with scorn.

Last edited by Starving Artist; 01-14-2018 at 03:30 PM.
  #2669  
Old 01-14-2018, 03:32 PM
k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Don't have time today to address the semi-sized truckload of horseshit that's accumulated since last night, but this little tidbit especially drew my attention, and all I can say is, 'Ah yes, socialism, where adequate is good enough'.

No, thanks. I'll take the produce of enterprise every time. It creates things like the internet you're using now, the computer and/or phone you're using now. Luxurious automobiles that last for hundreds of thousands of miles. Etc., etc., ad infinitum, not to mention the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction that comes from having a part in the creation of all these things. I don't think I'm the one who's been brainwashed. (After all, it's never been democratic countries with free enterprise who've found it necessary to send their citizens to 're-education centers', has it? But be that as it may, if you want to live your life as a drone just drifting through your days till they run out it's fine with me. But I see nothing superior in it, morally or otherwise. Just remember that what lives you do live now and most of what you have now is the result of the creativity and ambition and enterprise (and military might) of those whose economic system you're deluding yourself into viewing with scorn.
Thank you for making our country look like assholes. Your service shall be remembered.
  #2670  
Old 01-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Sherrerd's Avatar
Sherrerd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Since I suspect he's just a sock of SA, ...
People who sock never can seem to resist addressing 'each other.' (Compliments, always.) That's the pattern we see with those two accounts, which isn't proof--but is suggestive.




Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
... The problem is that on the balance between social welfare -- in the important sense of societal health, happiness, and cohesiveness -- and the dominance of unfettered capitalism, the US has adjusted its control knobs as far as they will go firmly in the direction of unfettered capitalism. ...
Yes, and that represents a basic misunderstanding of human nature. Humans can always rationalize exploiting other humans--and not just rationalize it, but enshrine it as a de facto national religion, as in the USA. When there is no referee (government) empowered to level the playing field, those who attained power and resources first will (nearly) always use that power and those resources to squeeze those with less power and fewer resources.

The USA accelerated the process by permitting unlimited money in elections (the Citizens United case). We are headed toward either feudalism, or bloody revolution against the oligarchs. Either way, few people living in any part of this globe will be interested in coming here.
__________________
__________________

Thread on my books (inexpensive gifts!) https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=866609
  #2671  
Old 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM
don't mind me is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: somewhere over there
Posts: 1,361
If I may inject something in the neighborhood of the thread topic, couldn't Dr. Ronny Jackson (sic) have sedated the dotard for twenty-four hours? We all need a breather.
  #2672  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:01 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,083
In my previous post, I forgot to address another point of hilarity in Starving Artist's inane bloviations, which was this (emphasis mine): "To the degree that any of this is true, it's been made possible by the fact these countries (England largely excluded) haven't had to pay for or finance their own freedom from outside threat.

Translation: The reason the US doesn't have a universal health care system or a decent social support system like every civilized country on earth is because, in its capacity as the richest country in the world, it can't afford it! Cuba can, but the US is just too poor, what with all that freedom-fightin' and stuff. It certainly isn't because of bat-shit crazy ideologues like our very own Starving Artist, it's just lack of money. I swear there's more intelligence in a head of cabbage than in whatever this dimwitted cretin uses for a brain.
  #2673  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Starving Artist is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam
Since I suspect he's just a sock of SA, you've failed at not deliberately reading his posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
People who sock never can seem to resist addressing 'each other.' (Compliments, always.) That's the pattern we see with those two accounts, which isn't proof--but is suggestive.
Sooo stupit.

It would be easy enough to find out. Enroll a mod to check us out and report back. There may not be many who feel as I do on this board, there are millions of us out in the real world, and at least 65 million of us* are fed up enough with your bullshit to have put Donald Trump in the White House despite his many shortcomings.

*Disclaimer: I did not vote for Trump and am not a supporter of him as a person. This doesn't mean however that I should necessarily suffer every bullshit claim made about him in silence, nor to oppose everything he does. He's governing as a Republican, and as a conservative there are going to be things he does that I'm happy about.
  #2674  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Starving Artist is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
Translation: The reason the US doesn't have a universal health care system or a decent social support system like every civilized country on earth is because, in its capacity as the richest country in the world, it can't afford it!
Ridiculous. You know perfectly well that the issue with these things goes to their effectiveness and desirability and not their expense, or at least not primarily. Most who've had to deal with the bureaucratic ordeal of just trying to get a drivers license don't want the government anywhere near their health care.

And now I'm out. You'll have to call yourself a dishonest idiot for the rest of the night.

Last edited by Starving Artist; 01-14-2018 at 04:13 PM.
  #2675  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:23 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
No, thanks. I'll take the produce of enterprise every time. It creates things like the internet you're using now, the computer and/or phone you're using now.
You truly are an insufferable moron but at least you're funny. The Internet was a government-led initiative, beginning with early work funded by ARPA and later expanded by the National Science Foundation, and later still guided to commercialization as a public resource by Congress, under the leadership of bleeding-heart liberals like Al Gore. Computers were originally developed by and for the government. The telephone system critically depended -- and still does -- on publicly regulated infrastructure, and the semiconductor that makes smartphones possible was a public-private collaboration with multiple universities making critical contributions. The private sector, however, was solely responsible for the Pet Rock, the hula hoop, and Tickle-Me Elmo.
  #2676  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:34 PM
k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Most who've had to deal with the bureaucratic ordeal of just trying to get a drivers license don't want the government anywhere near their health care.
Just out of curiosity, what was your ordeal? I presented some documents, took a written test, a vision test, and a driving test. Then they took my picture and handed me my license.

Every four years, I return, I don't even have to take the tests anymore, just the vision tests.

Did you have odd circumstances that made your ordeal harder, or are you calling what I described an ordeal?
  #2677  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Starving Artist is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup
You truly are an insufferable moron but at least you're funny. The Internet was a government-led initiative, beginning with early work funded by ARPA and later expanded by the National Science Foundation, and later still guided to commercialization as a public resource by Congress, under the leadership of bleeding-heart liberals like Al Gore. Computers were originally developed by and for the government. The telephone system critically depended -- and still does -- on publicly regulated infrastructure, and the semiconductor that makes smartphones possible was a public-private collaboration with multiple universities making critical contributions. The private sector, however, was solely responsible for the Pet Rock, the hula hoop, and Tickle-Me Elmo.
Yes, computers and the internet in their infancy were government projects (albeit financed by our thriving economy), but it took the likes of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and corporate entities like AT&T to bring computers, telephones and the internet to the rest of the world.

Sorry but I'll be gone by the time of your next inanity. The gentle reader is advised to take anything you say with a giant grain of skepticism until my return.

Last edited by Starving Artist; 01-14-2018 at 04:35 PM.
  #2678  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:38 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
You truly are an insufferable moron but at least you're funny. The Internet was a government-led initiative, beginning with early work funded by ARPA and later expanded by the National Science Foundation, and later still guided to commercialization as a public resource by Congress, under the leadership of bleeding-heart liberals like Al Gore. Computers were originally developed by and for the government. The telephone system critically depended -- and still does -- on publicly regulated infrastructure, and the semiconductor that makes smartphones possible was a public-private collaboration with multiple universities making critical contributions. The private sector, however, was solely responsible for the Pet Rock, the hula hoop, and Tickle-Me Elmo.
Starving Artist also pointed at the cars as products of enterprise, as if the Scandinavian nations do not have cars that last thousands of miles from the likes of Volvo or Volkswagen.

So, yeah. like his demonstrated lack of understanding that many Republicans also agree that what Trump said was racist (making a mockery of his point that his side is insulted by the left 'imagining racism' when also conservatives and Republicans did notice how racist it was already) Starving Artist does not really get why he voted against Trump in the first place.
  #2679  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Baker is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Tottering-on-the-Brink
Posts: 20,434
Like I've said all the times before, he's still breathing.
__________________
At least my dog loves me.
  #2680  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Starving Artist is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 17,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
Starving Artist also pointed at the cars as products of enterprise, as if the Scandinavian nations do not have cars that last thousands of miles from the likes of Volvo or Volkswagen.
I said American cars last for hundreds of thousands of miles and you said Scandinavian cars last thousands of miles. I'm thinking you may want to rephrase that. On the other hand, maybe you're just being factual.

I'd be curious to know how many Volvos populate Norway. And Volkswagens? Pffff...adequate.

Last edited by Starving Artist; 01-14-2018 at 04:53 PM.
  #2681  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:52 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Ridiculous. You know perfectly well that the issue with these things goes to their effectiveness and desirability and not their expense, or at least not primarily. Most who've had to deal with the bureaucratic ordeal of just trying to get a drivers license don't want the government anywhere near their health care.
More proof of idiocy with every new post. I wish SA would try to address the full content of my original post as that would make for no end of hilarity!

But I don't recall getting a driver's license to have been any particular bureaucratic ordeal. You do, however, in the interest of public safety, have to show that you know how to drive. I'm sorry that SA found this to be so difficult. I guess when you hate the government with the seething mouth-frothing passion of SA and his like-minded gang of imbeciles, getting licenses and stuff is annoying. In SA's world, you should just be able to get into your luxurious car -- make sure it's very, very large, like a 1962 Cadillac Coupe de Ville with the 20-foot long tailfins and not like those Mercedes or BMW shitboxes that Europeans have to endure -- without the evil gubbermint getting in your way. Whether you know how to drive or not is nobody's business. This is America! And the only requirement to be a doctor should be the ability to paint your name on a shingle.

In any case, I got my driver's license and I don't share the sentiment that I don't want the government anywhere near my health care. But wait, I almost forgot! The government **is** my health insurance! Because we have single-payer where I live. And neither I nor the vast majority of citizens would have it any other way. That's why democratically elected governments in province after province adopted the same single-payer model. But it's always nice to have an American far-right wingnut tell me that it doesn't work and that most people "don't want the government anywhere near their health care". Keep 'em coming, SA! What a priceless cretin.
  #2682  
Old 01-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Martini Enfield is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Ridiculous. You know perfectly well that the issue with these things goes to their effectiveness and desirability and not their expense, or at least not primarily. Most who've had to deal with the bureaucratic ordeal of just trying to get a drivers license don't want the government anywhere near their health care.
Australia has universal healthcare and it's fucking great. Sure, it's not perfect, but the challenges aren't bureaucratic meddling, it's mostly funding.

I've had several family members receive life-saving or extremely vital operations that in the US would have bankrupted the entire family, yet in Australia the only out-of-pocket costs were car parking.

Similarly, a visit to the GP is free (if you have a bulk-billing one available) - so minor things which people in the US just "deal with" because they can't afford a doctor's visit can be sorted out. Subsidised medicine means prescriptions for most important medicines are very cheap, and practically free for people on social welfare benefits.

And let's not get into the mental health aspects - like the fact people can get a number (at least six) of free sessions with a mental health professional if they need them. The social benefits of that are enormous and cannot be understated.

Look, I love visiting the US because it's a fantastic place, but the inequality there is shocking and getting worse, particularly in places like Los Angeles.

Also: Getting a driver's licence here wasn't particularly onerous and, as Wolfpup points out, was focussed on the whole "making sure everyone knows how to drive" thing.
__________________
Note: Please consider yourself and/or your acquaintances excluded from any of the author's sweeping generalisations which you happen to disagree with or have different experiences of.

Last edited by Martini Enfield; 01-14-2018 at 05:17 PM.
  #2683  
Old 01-14-2018, 05:49 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Enfield View Post
Australia has universal healthcare and it's fucking great. Sure, it's not perfect, but the challenges aren't bureaucratic meddling, it's mostly funding.
Ironically, it's private insurance that has all the bureaucratic meddling, because investigating every single claim with a view to reducing or denying payment is critical to the insurance company managing their medical loss ratios. In the single-payer model or its regulated equivalent, the government just acts as a bill payer and not a clinical meddler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Enfield View Post
I've had several family members receive life-saving or extremely vital operations that in the US would have bankrupted the entire family, yet in Australia the only out-of-pocket costs were car parking.
So have I. And now, I include myself in that list. And here, too, the only out-of-pocket costs were parking. Had I been in the US, even with excellent insurance the co-pays or deductibles would likely have been frightening. According to some imbecile in another thread in a different forum, but a kindred spirit of SA, this would somehow have all been my own fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Enfield View Post
Similarly, a visit to the GP is free (if you have a bulk-billing one available) - so minor things which people in the US just "deal with" because they can't afford a doctor's visit can be sorted out. Subsidised medicine means prescriptions for most important medicines are very cheap, and practically free for people on social welfare benefits.
I once heard someone say that you tend to find more home-remedy type stuff in US drugstores than you do in Canada for just that reason. Makes sense if people tend to avoid doctor visits because of cost.
  #2684  
Old 01-14-2018, 06:07 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
I said American cars last for hundreds of thousands of miles and you said Scandinavian cars last thousands of miles. I'm thinking you may want to rephrase that. On the other hand, maybe you're just being factual.

I'd be curious to know how many Volvos populate Norway. And Volkswagens? Pffff...adequate.
And you remain adequately ignorant.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/...eliable-217277
Quote:
Moreover, some European cars finished only slightly behind Asian or American rivals in J.D. Power studies. While such consistent second- and third-place finishes suggest European cars aren't quite as reliable as non-European brands, it also means they're far from terrible cars that break down all the time.
So yeah, I meant hundreds of thousands of miles too. So you were wrong, as usual. As it was your assessment that all republicans follow your verbal diarrhoea, a growing number do know how racist it was what Trump said.
  #2685  
Old 01-14-2018, 06:20 PM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 23,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Ridiculous. You know perfectly well that the issue with these things goes to their effectiveness and desirability and not their expense, or at least not primarily. Most who've had to deal with the bureaucratic ordeal of just trying to get a drivers license don't want the government anywhere near their health care.
I've used the NHS for the past 20 years and I have to say: what bureaucratic ordeal? I call up my doctor's office, ask for an appointment, give them my name and date of birth over the phone and turn up. I turn up at Accident & Emergency, spend two minutes talking to the person at the counter and wait to be called (and usually not very long). I haven't filled out a form in years unless you count signing the back of my prescriptions, which cost £8.60 per item no matter what the drug or patient (and are free for children under 16, pregnant women and a few other populations).

Doctors and hospitals don't have to employ dozens of staff to deal with insurance claims, eligibility and enrolment in various individual government programs, and billing. That "bureaucratic ordeal" is the domain of the free enterprise-loving USA. When everyone is covered without question, all that bullshit goes away. So well done for being completely and utterly wrong, as usual.
__________________
"Don't delude yourself into thinking we're interested in you. We're just here for the trainwreck, man." - DooWahDiddy
  #2686  
Old 01-14-2018, 06:27 PM
D_Odds is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Queens
Posts: 12,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
ISo well done for being completely and utterly wrong, as usual.
At least it's consistent. We wouldn't want it to throw us off by accidentally posting something rational and/or factual.
  #2687  
Old 01-14-2018, 06:36 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
So well done for being completely and utterly wrong, as usual.
If Starving Artist actually knew anything, he wouldn't be a far-right wingnut. He's a lot like his hero Trump that way: doesn't know anything, doesn't want to know anything.

I'll give SA credit for one thing, though. After being a cheerleading advocate for Trump for a long time, he changed his mind and publicly announced the fact. Kudos for that, but all I get out of that is it took him months to realize the bleeding obvious that the rest of us have always known, and he still supports much of what the man is doing. So really, I think it's a matter of "once an imbecile, always an imbecile". You can see it throughout his posts, and he's possibly at his hilarious best when he lectures those of us in civilized countries about the horrors of government involvement in health care, and the horrors of liberalism in general, always insidiously sliding its way toward communism!
  #2688  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Martini Enfield is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Doctors and hospitals don't have to employ dozens of staff to deal with insurance claims, eligibility and enrolment in various individual government programs, and billing. That "bureaucratic ordeal" is the domain of the free enterprise-loving USA. When everyone is covered without question, all that bullshit goes away.
Exactly. Medical staff can focus on providing medical care to patients, patients are happier because they're not worrying if having that hernia fixed means they won't eat again until the end of the year so their kids can have food, and medical staff can prescribe the right medicine for their patients (because their patients can afford it, because the Government says the price has to be reasonable).

This idea that "everyone gets free healthcare is unadulterated Communism" is bizarre to pretty much everyone outside the US. I, personally, am glad my taxes go to making sure that anyone who needs medical care - whether they're a homeless person, a fast food worker, a building site manager, a CEO, or whoever - can get it for free if they need it.
__________________
Note: Please consider yourself and/or your acquaintances excluded from any of the author's sweeping generalisations which you happen to disagree with or have different experiences of.

Last edited by Martini Enfield; 01-14-2018 at 07:13 PM.
  #2689  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:20 PM
anomalous1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,506
Assumptions, more assumptions and less and less fact. All i've seen here is whining so far and liberal meandering to one another.
I know it's a liberal board, otherwise Blank Slate saying "White Trash" would not be acceptable, because it is in fact, Racist. Hypocrites. I suppose its acceptable and the 'in' thing to do when demeaning whites, the acceptable hypocritical racism that is the new norm.

You liberals need to stop assuming all right wing people are racist or conspiring, the only thing we want to do is fix all of your mistakes. We are tired of the 'hand holding' of children like you, like a parent guiding a confused teen. You seem to think all conservatives secretly are on the Dark Side, which is simply not true and couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure there are some bad ones out there, but the majority are not, and have a different plan from yours. It seems to be working out well for them, as it has for quite a while. Let it be noted, I don't have some outstand America is #1 attitude, but more like, I want to take care of my home first, before I start catering to others. That is the proper way to manage a country. America will always be a great place, for EVERYONE who comes here, legally. The only point I was trying to convey is that it would be nice to vet and assure that we only get the best of the best as migrants now, as it will help our country... but having a good idea, that is practiced in most other developed countries, is somehow a verboten by some liberals. It is you who want to watch this country burn.

Enipla... Don't extrapolate things to fit your agenda.
Kaylasdad99 Enjoy
Septimus Yes, Yes and Yes... Please don't put strawman arguments in here
Mijin I don't objectively think that America is #1, I just care about my home before others. I want to clean my windows, before I go and start cleaning the neighbors.
  #2690  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:26 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
Assumptions, more assumptions and less and less fact. All i've seen here is whining so far and liberal meandering to one another.
I know it's a liberal board, otherwise Blank Slate saying "White Trash" would not be acceptable, because it is in fact, Racist. Hypocrites. I suppose its acceptable and the 'in' thing to do when demeaning whites, the acceptable hypocritical racism that is the new norm.
I only got up to there because it is clear that you willfully avoided post #2659

Here is a hint: you are right now telling the same insults and dumb points to conservatives that do realize what Trump did say was racist.
  #2691  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:27 PM
galen ubal is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Central VIC Australia
Posts: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini Enfield View Post
Exactly. Medical staff can focus on providing medical care to patients, patients are happier because they're not worrying if having that hernia fixed means they won't eat again until the end of the year so their kids can have food, and medical staff can prescribe the right medicine for their patients (because their patients can afford it, because the Government says the price has to be reasonable).

This idea that "everyone gets free healthcare is unadulterated Communism" is bizarre to pretty much everyone outside the US. I, personally, am glad my taxes go to making sure that anyone who needs medical care - whether they're a homeless person, a fast food worker, a building site manager, a CEO, or whoever - can get it for free if they need it.
By the by, I can tell you that I pay very little more in income tax than I would if I lived in the States.

Y'see, I'm a dual citizen (US and Australia) residing in Australia. I have to file a US tax return, so I can compare apples to apples.* I'm paying 10.6% more income tax than I would be paying in the States.

BUT! Income tax is the only deduction from my paycheck, here. I don't have any state income tax. I don't have any deductions for FICA or SS. I don't have any deductions for any part of health insurance payments.** I don't have to spend any money on private insurance at all, to receive full medical coverage.
I suspect, when all is said and done, I keep a larger percentage of my paycheck than resident Americans do.

*I don't actually pay any, as the first 99,000-odd USD of my income is exempt from US taxes. Still, it's a doddle to ignore that and figure my tax, and compare it to what I pay in Australia.

**IIRC, I had to pay some portion for my health insurance when I lived and worked in the States. I believe that's common, especially for the rank and file, low-level workers. It's been a while, and I welcome correction.

And yes, I'm accounting for exchange rate.

Last edited by galen ubal; 01-14-2018 at 07:28 PM.
  #2692  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Mighty_Girl is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Somewhere Warm
Posts: 4,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijin View Post
And come to a country full of crime and internal strife, with terrible rates of obesity and life expectancy.
... substandard social nets, debt-ridden, corrupt politicians...

I just spent a month in Scandinavia, as I do every year. You guys have no idea how they see this spectacle.
  #2693  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:31 PM
anomalous1 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
I only got up to there because it is clear that you willfully avoided post #2659

Here is a hint: you are right now telling the same insults and dumb points to conservatives that do realize what Trump did say was racist.
I didn't willfully avoid it, I accidentally skimmed past it. (I just checked it out)

Those are just opinions, just like the ones we all have here. Doesn't make them fact.
  #2694  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:40 PM
AI Proofreader is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist
(After all, it's never been democratic countries with free enterprise who've found it necessary to send their citizens to 're-education centers', has it? But be that as it may, if you want to live your life as a drone just drifting through your days till they run out it's fine with me. But I see nothing superior in it, morally or otherwise. Just remember that what lives you do live now and most of what you have now is the result of the creativity and ambition and enterprise (and military might) of those whose economic system you're deluding yourself into viewing with scorn.
Cmon people, don't be so hard on StarvingArtist..we all know those reeducation camps will be coming to Norway ANY DAY NOW. We'll have to accept the Norweigan immigrants then (since there aren't any more than net zero now).

Because, socialism, muah!
__________________
- Born after "computer" was a synonym for "woman" but before "worker" becomes a synonym for "robot."

Last edited by AI Proofreader; 01-14-2018 at 07:43 PM.
  #2695  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:42 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
I didn't willfully avoid it, I accidentally skimmed past it. (I just checked it out)

Those are just opinions, just like the ones we all have here. Doesn't make them fact.
Missing the point stupidly, the point was that your side, as you think, is not really unanimous on your stupid idea that what Trump said was not racist.

Point being that while you stupidly congratulate Starving Artist while he claims all Republicans and conservatives are the ones being insulted by the liberal "act" of yelling "racism" too soon, the reality is that a good number of conservatives do know that it was indeed racist what Trump did say.

And that also means that what is being observed continues: that even former supporters of Trump are souring on what he is doing and saying; so: so much about the "sage" you are cerebrating in this thread too. He is not only wrong on that as it was shown already, so the take home lesson is: be careful with the ones you lie down with, you can catch the ignorance fleas.

Last edited by GIGObuster; 01-14-2018 at 07:45 PM.
  #2696  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:42 PM
kenobi 65's Avatar
kenobi 65 is offline
Corellian Nerfherder
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 15,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen ubal View Post
**IIRC, I had to pay some portion for my health insurance when I lived and worked in the States. I believe that's common, especially for the rank and file, low-level workers. It's been a while, and I welcome correction.
You're very likely correct. It's very common for U.S. employees who receive health insurance from their employers o be expected to pay a portion of the premium for their coverage (which commonly gets deducted from every paycheck). Over the past several decades, the amount that employees have to pay has risen noticeably (as the total cost of health insurance coverage has also risen dramatically), though most of them are likely still only paying a small fraction of the total cost.

According to this article, on average, an employee is only paying about 17% of their total health insurance premium, with the employer paying the remaining 83%. If you work for a small business that offers health insurance, you may well be paying a higher percentage (particularly if you're getting coverage for your entire family), but even then, it's likely that the employer is paying the majority.

Last edited by kenobi 65; 01-14-2018 at 07:44 PM.
  #2697  
Old 01-14-2018, 07:51 PM
El_Kabong's Avatar
El_Kabong is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle
Posts: 15,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
If Starving Artist actually knew anything, he wouldn't be a far-right wingnut. He's a lot like his hero Trump that way: doesn't know anything, doesn't want to know anything.

I'll give SA credit for one thing, though. After being a cheerleading advocate for Trump for a long time, he changed his mind and publicly announced the fact. Kudos for that, but all I get out of that is it took him months to realize the bleeding obvious that the rest of us have always known, and he still supports much of what the man is doing. So really, I think it's a matter of "once an imbecile, always an imbecile". You can see it throughout his posts, and he's possibly at his hilarious best when he lectures those of us in civilized countries about the horrors of government involvement in health care, and the horrors of liberalism in general, always insidiously sliding its way toward communism!
Someone here may want to query Starving Artist on his no doubt extensive overseas experience that allows him to pontificate with such certainty on the hardships of living in those liberal shitholes that all y'all poor bastards inhabit. I won't, 'cause, you know, feeding the troll and all that, but someone else might.
  #2698  
Old 01-14-2018, 08:02 PM
Mighty_Girl is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Somewhere Warm
Posts: 4,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Ridiculous. You know perfectly well that the issue with these things goes to their effectiveness and desirability and not their expense, or at least not primarily. Most who've had to deal with the bureaucratic ordeal of just trying to get a drivers license don't want the government anywhere near their health care.

And now I'm out. You'll have to call yourself a dishonest idiot for the rest of the night.
Do you have ANY experience with healthcare in other first world nations? Because this is so wrong it's not even funny.
  #2699  
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM
galen ubal is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Central VIC Australia
Posts: 2,711
Anyone who wants to see what they'd be paying in the liberal shithole of Australia can go here, to the income tax estimator.

Exchange rate has been pretty stable at around .78 USD = 1 AUD.

Caveat: Australia doesn't do filing statuses - married, single, etc. I use Married Filing separately on my US tax return, so that's the number I'm comparing with. I'd say, though, that combining two spouses' worth of income in that estimator would do fine, if you're Married Filing Jointly.
  #2700  
Old 01-14-2018, 08:06 PM
GIGObuster's Avatar
GIGObuster is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arizona
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Someone here may want to query Starving Artist on his no doubt extensive overseas experience that allows him to pontificate with such certainty on the hardships of living in those liberal shitholes that all y'all poor bastards inhabit. I won't, 'cause, you know, feeding the troll and all that, but someone else might.
Good thing that replying to what Trump is doing or saying applies to the Trolls.

BTW, my wife that came from one of those shitholes (EL Salvador) has found how much of a shithole the USA is regarding health-care, while it is true that several places in the old country are indeed shitholes with crime and murder, there are still places that are still nice. And also full of nice people and medical care that did not cost an arm and a leg.

She also thinks that what Trump did say was racist and personally insulting too.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017