Old 04-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

To the Two Loons

The two loons in question, of course, are bigpappadiaz and Sent.

I asked one of y'all a pointed question or two in this thread and, oddly enough, the only response to it is just more falsehoods disguised as "proof" of a conspiracy theory relating to the the attacks on the World Trade Center. There was also an accusation against FDR for plotting the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I'm genuinely curious now. Please let me know which of the following is true:

(1) You really haven't a clue as to what reality is like and believe the crap you're spouting,
(2) You know full well none of what you're spouting is true and yet still spout it,
or
(3) You're simply insane.

Mind you, these items are not mutually exclusive.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:51 AM
Charter Member

Monty, dear, that thread has run to 8 pages or more now, and I'll be damned if I am going to go rummaging through it to find what you are whingeing about.

Can you perhaps c & p the offending posts, and your retorts just so that the likes of lazy old me can be spared the chore?

Ta' ever so much.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:02 AM

Every one of their posts is malarkey, kambuckta.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Charter Member

That may well be the case Monty, but it's Sunday night here in Australia, and I've had a long day at work, so if you can ease my load just a little by being a little more specific, it would be much appreciated.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:42 AM

Well, it's Sunday night here in Korea, too.

Okay, because you asked nicely and you're a good soul to boot, here goes.

bigpappadiaz

Post #151
Quote:
I'll say it for him again. Planes were flown into buildings 1 and 2 so that people like you would think it was the planes that took them down. Really, it was the hidden explosives that did it. That's why they flew the planes into the buildings that were set to be destroyed with explosives. See?
Post #173
Quote:
Yeah, all the damn evidence is there. Watch one of those videos that we're always posting links to. Is it really that hard to see why us "crazy" conspiracy theorists believe something is amiss? It shouldn't be, as there are many, many, many questions going unanswered and all the official explanations are extremely unlikely to have happened or are incomplete and "need more research".

I mean, flight 93 completely vaporized into a small 15-20 foot hole which would be the first time in aviation history. A round hole was all that was left, and all the debris scattered around could be picked up by hand. The eyewitnesses were and their stories about another white, unmarked plane were dismissed. The plane that hit the Pentagon disappeared into that really small hole on the outside, and the damage inside was pretty bad. The people who say they saw a smaller jet, or a helicopter were also dismissed. I know some people smelled cordite, too, but they were also dismissed.

It just seems like too many firsts for me.
Post #176
Quote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...485671999456333

OOOOkay, 17 minutes and 25 seconds into the video you see the crash site. Does this not look strange to you? Is this a typical crash site? Please don't make me throw out the largest guffaw in history.

Reporters saying things like "geez, there's nothing there. A few burnt trees. Nothing you can distinguish that a plane was there."
Post #178
Quote:
Oh yeah, that's on the scene helicopter coverage, good stuff. I encourage all members to check it out. Don't just read, glance, and go. Weigh the evidence.
Post #184
Quote:
Oh right. Well you don't live right outside Shanksville, so I think you do need some video to tell you what happened.

17 minutes, 25 seconds. Jump to that time and tell me if that crater looks like a plane crashed in it. I guarantee you it doesn't, or your money back! Listen to the reporters, they're surprised themselves!
Post #189
Quote:
This isn't a blury photo or video, it's quite clear. If you think a plane crashed into that crater then you must not be very smart. The reporters were surprised by the lack of debris, and you can really hear how astonished she is when all she sees is that single, smoking crater. It's not open for interpretation, no plane crashed there.
Post #190
Quote:
Gee you sure made a lot of points that seem to make sense, and while that crap doesn't work on me, I'm afraid it might on all these other fragile minds reading that list. I'm smarter than that, but other people aren't as smart as me. While the motives of the people who pulled this off aren't especially clear and easily pinpointed by the layman, it's easy to see why a bunch of terrorists would do it: they hate our freedom! AaarGghHh hate our freedom *thinks like a caveman* They hate it! They hate us!
Post #194
Quote:
No, it's not. It doesn't tell the viewer nothing, it's footage that quite clearly shows you the official crash site. Should I have physical evidence? I'm sure if I did I'd get thrown in jail for theft, and then it would get melted away as scrap metal like all the rest of the evidence did.

17 minutes, 25 seconds into the video you really do get a good look at the "crash site". I really should call it the detonation crater, because that's what it looks like more than anything and that's what it probably is.
&
Quote:
That looks like the crash site on a rainy day. Way to show everyone all the destruction. If you want to see the crash site right after the plane hit the ground, click on that link and it's 17 minutes, 25 seconds into the video. It's not very hard to judge for yourself, that plane did not hit that spot.
Post #201
Quote:
No, you're misinterpreting the reporter's words, she specifically says "the most horrifying aspect of this particular crash scene is how little debris is visible." She's not saying "Oh man I see all kinds of debris! It's everywhere!!!" She comments on how little there is, and how small it all is.

Please, if they're lying about the official story of Flight 93, is it implausible to believe that they might be lying about the rest of 9/11?
That's good enough for a start. Sent's postings are equally moronic.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:30 AM

A 9/11 conspiracy theorist bases insane ramblings on ignorance and fear, says he's not only not crazy but the only smart and observant one in the room.

What's new?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why you started this Pit thread, I contemplated starting one while I was just reading the other thread... but I've debated with 9/11 wackjobs before, and the only thing you'll end up doing is reinforcing the idea that they're the lone genius, unappreciated, trying to warn all of us about the siiiinister government.

Still, decent pitting... once you included links
Old 04-09-2006, 07:40 AM

I dunno. For a pitting, it was rather polite & matter of fact. I like more vitriol in my pittings. I want to actually feel the spittle flying out of my monitor, forcing me to wipe my face and declare, "wow, Monty's pissed.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, Monty. Now I can say what I've been thinking, but for reasons of decorum, I could not.

I've flushed smarter things down the toilet than those two, even if you combined their intelligence. These conspiracy loons all say the same fucking things over and over, and anyone who doesn't see "the truth" is an idiot. Doesn't matter if it's 9/11 or Yeti. Those two dickless wonders wouldn't know objective information if it fell out of the sky and landed on them (although I wouldn't mind seeing a horde of NYC pigeons taking aim and burying them under a mountain of shit - turnabout is fair play and all of that). I sure hope they don't breed, because those are genes that the human race needs to lose.

Any better, levdrakon?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:29 AM

Conspriacy nutter always think they are smarter than us 'sheeple', but in reality they manage to be some of the stupidest fucknuts in the world. I mean, do you realise that one of the central points of their arguement is to point at this pile of concrete and claim that it is cooled molten metal? When it has rebar sticking out of it?

Do they realise how fucking stupid that is?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:35 AM

None of the speculation quoted by the OP makes any kind of logical sense, and it's shocking to me that someone could be educated to the point where they could use English grammer and a computer, yet sincerely believe any of that nonsense. Not surprising, exactly, but shocking nontheless. It's one thing if a conspiracy theory grows up around an obscure incident with incomplete visual or eyewitness records, but this is one of the most well-documented, heavily investigated events in human history. Effectively, bigpappadiaz is asking, "Who ya gonna believe: me or your lying eyes, thousands of eyewitnesses and many more thousands of technical experts?"

Frankly, even Pitting tripe like that gives it more legitimacy than it deserves.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:56 AM
BANNED

The LOOOOONs the LOOOOONs...do you hear them????
Old 04-09-2006, 10:14 AM

Do you hear them?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:17 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squink
ha! my dog just went nuts when I played that.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny ham
ha! my dog just went nuts when I played that.

Hee! my dog got very quiet and looked around. She was previously sniffing around and rustling some stuff.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

I had considered pitting them myself for all the non-answers. I have to agree with El_Kabong though "Frankly, even Pitting tripe like that gives it more legitimacy than it deserves."

For my part I have only myself to blame for once again wasting my time on such a thread. It would be better if no one responded when that particular subject comes up in future...or simply responded by posting the links to the myriad past threads that got no where.

-XT
Old 04-09-2006, 01:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
do you realise that one of the central points of their arguement is to point at this pile of concrete and claim that it is cooled molten metal?
Since when the hell does concrete grow rust? Only an idiot doesn't see the metal sheen on that slab. You're probably the same idiot saying he couldn't see anything in any of the pictures/videos I posted.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappadiaz
Since when the hell does concrete grow rust? Only an idiot doesn't see the metal sheen on that slab. You're probably the same idiot saying he couldn't see anything in any of the pictures/videos I posted.
Are you serious?

It's molten metal with rebar poking out of it?

Daniel
Old 04-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Mod Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness
Now, LHoD, clearly when high temper steel is reduced to a molten state, it would simply attract bits of rebar to be sucked into it and the fact that the rebar should have melted at a temperature 800 - 1200 lower than that molten steel just indicates that the rebar was manually inserted as the steel cooled (even though soft rebar could never be driven into steel after it had cooled sufficiently to not melt the rebar).

The fact that concrete includes stones in its composition, many of which will reflect the flash of a camera in shiny ways (pretty much in the way that small stones appear to be embedded in that block), and that rebar will begin rusting as soon as it is exposed to air (particularly when it has been heated and then exposed to water so that the rust can run onto the concrete in which it is embedded), was all part of the plot.

sheeeesh!
Old 04-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

You're right, I should be ashamed.

There's another possibility, of course: maybe the government especially manufactured that piece of evidence out of molten steel, to which they attached the fake rebar. They do this to distract conspiracy theorists from the real truth: there never were Twin Towers.

Daniel
Old 04-09-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Since when the hell does concrete grow rust?
'Grow Rust'? its rust colored! Nothing more! I could point to a million pipes draining over a million drainage trenches in this world that could cuase that color.

Quote:
Only an idiot doesn't see the metal sheen on that slab.
Only a complete fucking headcase nutbar paranoid psychoshit doesn't see the rebar sticking out it.

Quote:
You're probably the same idiot saying he couldn't see anything in any of the pictures/videos I posted.
I saw nothing that in them that was molten metal.

Pushing your empty assertions harder and more aggresively doesn't make them any stronger or more valid you fuckheaded ghoul!
Old 04-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

God DAMN it LHoD! That was supposed to be a fricking secret! Your ID to the 'folks who are in on it' club is here by revoked! And someone will be along to get your Men In Black DvD sometime later today...

-XT
Old 04-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtisme
God DAMN it LHoD! That was supposed to be a fricking secret! Your ID to the 'folks who are in on it' club is here by revoked! And someone will be along to get your Men In Black DvD sometime later today...
Dude, I am so far ahead of you on this one. Think back, think hard now: is it really the Twin Towers that were the part of this story that never existed?

See my subtlety? Even you, who really know the nonexistent part of the story that's covered up, got tricked.

Layer on layer on layer, that's how we work. Layer on layer on layer.

Daniel
Old 04-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

You have a truely dizzying intellect...

-XT
Old 04-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Mod Rocker

Wait till he gets going! Where was he?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Charter Member

Zoom! Behind you! Kapow!

Daniel
Old 04-09-2006, 04:07 PM

It kind of reminds me of these cryptozoologist guys who had a hundred and one reasons why the alien autopsy HAD to be real. How it was impossible to put fluid under the latex skin so when you cut it, it would bleed, etc. etc. Same with the guys who would mock and ridicule anyone who would dare to question the validity of the Bigfoot film. It was impossible for just a guy in a suit to swing his arms the way "Bigfoot" did. It was too big to be human, etc., etc.

Of course it turns out that "Bigfoot" was just a guy in a monkey suit, and the alien autopsy was part of a movie promotion.

The fact that none of these conspiracy guys can not and will not debate their claims without resorting to extreme condescension tells me a lot.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

I just want to chime in to applaud the overlords on their imagination and effectiveness.

If you asked a typical corrupt business executive how to build a pipeline in a third-world country, he might suggest bribing a few officials, maybe build a hospital to show everyone they're really a good guy.

If that doesn't work, you'd bribe the prime minister to announce a massive "public works project", get your buddies at the World Bank to write off a few loans and ship a couple of freighters full of grain to the country in question.

In extreme cases you might even find a few ambitious army officers, have them pull a coup and install a dictatorship more to your liking.

But thanks to good old American ingenuity, our corrupt business people would enlist the highest levels of our own government to hijack a fleet of airplanes, blow up buildings in our own country, kill a few thousand people, bankrupt the airlines that owned the planes, throw the U.S. economy into turmoil for 6 months to a year, conduct a phony investigation to pin the blame on an avowed America-hater who just happened to be hiding out in the thrid-world country they want to exploit, start a phony war to overthrow the third world country's government and then, in the ultimate misdirection not build the pipeline!

Goddamit, how can we convince these people to work on turning around General Motors?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Since when the hell does concrete grow rust?
'Cause, you know, concrete isn't porous or anything...

Seriously, before you go back to huffing chemtrails (or whatever it is you conspiracy nuts do to get these ideas), go find any building that has a spot where weathered metal (most often pipes, or older structural elements) and concrete meet on the exterior. You'll find rust stains on the concrete, much like what you see in that picture.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep's Phoenix
go find any building that has a spot where weathered metal (most often pipes, or older structural elements) and concrete meet on the exterior. You'll find rust stains on the concrete, much like what you see in that picture.
Hey! Hey! Hey! Cut that shit out! This is the PIT!

JP, you're getting much too close to an intelligent and reasoned explanation of the issues. If I want to see that, I'll look in Great Debates.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:52 PM

Let me preface this by saying I'm not going to read the entire other thread because I neither have the time nor inclination. Likewise, the link to the video because I'm on dial-up and my system is old and it would take all day to download it. That said, I would still like to ask a few questions about bigpappadiaz's quotes that Monty provided:

Quote:
I'll say it for him again. Planes were flown into buildings 1 and 2 so that people like you would think it was the planes that took them down. Really, it was the hidden explosives that did it. That's why they flew the planes into the buildings that were set to be destroyed with explosives. See?
Quote:
I mean, flight 93 completely vaporized into a small 15-20 foot hole which would be the first time in aviation history. A round hole was all that was left, and all the debris scattered around could be picked up by hand. The eyewitnesses were and their stories about another white, unmarked plane were dismissed. The plane that hit the Pentagon disappeared into that really small hole on the outside, and the damage inside was pretty bad. The people who say they saw a smaller jet, or a helicopter were also dismissed. I know some people smelled cordite, too, but they were also dismissed.
Bigpappadiaz insists that explosives were planted in the Pentagon and the Twin Towers. He also insists that something was hinky in the field outside of Shanksville too. The crater was too small. There wasn't enough debris. It sort of sounds like he believes explosives were planted there too. Did the bad guys (whoever they are) also intend for Flight #93 crash there as a cover-up just like they wanted the other explosions covered up? Why or why not? Does that mean, despite the best efforts of the passengers of that plane to overcome what they thought were terrorists, the bad guys actually succeeded in their goal?

Concerning the molten metal vs. concrete/rebar thing, I'm not a scientist but from what I remember from Science 101, I'd wager that some of the sand and other silicon dioxide-based minerals in the concrete melted into microscopic or larger bits of glass during the explosion. At the right angle, with bright camera lights aimed at it, I can imagine that there might be a bit of a shine coming off the concrete that could be construed to be molten metal by some people who haven't gotten to examine the evidence up close and personal. That's my two cents anyway.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
'Cause, you know, concrete isn't porous or anything...

Seriously, before you go back to huffing chemtrails (or whatever it is you conspiracy nuts do to get these ideas), go find any building that has a spot where weathered metal (most often pipes, or older structural elements) and concrete meet on the exterior. You'll find rust stains on the concrete, much like what you see in that picture.
You fool, don't you know that those rust stains have been planted there by The Conspiracy to throw people off the track?

That's what I love about conspiracy loons. They're all convinced that they're so much smarter and better informed than anybody else, but the more you talk to them, the more you realize that they really don't know a goddamned thing about anything. "How can concrete grow rust?" It's fucking concrete. Arguably the single most common building material in the country, and this guy's never pulled his head out of his ass long enough to notice how easily it gets discolored through normal wear-and-tear, to say nothing of what happens after you bury it under a pile of flaming debris and then soak it in thousands of gallons of water. If they'd just try spending some time looking at the real world, and not grainy jpegs of it they've downloaded from paranoidschziophrenics.org, they might start to pick up on these sorts of "subtlties."
Old 04-09-2006, 05:02 PM

Oh. ditto the rust stains. And I wish I'd read Jeep's Phoenix's and Kunilou's posts before I'd posted mine.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Mod Rocker

Actually, we should admit to bigpapadiaz that we've been funning him and that we all do know that concrete never shows rust.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomndebb
Actually, we should admit to bigpapadiaz that we've been funning him and that we all do know that concrete never shows rust.
You government trickster. I can clearly tell that those were photoshoped. Concrete doesn't rust.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Seriously, before you go back to huffing chemtrails (or whatever it is you conspiracy nuts do to get these ideas)
Ah...so THATS why I'm not seeing the CT! BRB...going to go huff some chemtrails and see if it makes a difference...

-XT

p.s. I don't know if the huffing chemtrails thing has been used before on the SD...if not its an instance classic IMHO.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Graphite is a great
Charter Member

Quote:

Seriously, before you go back to huffing chemtrails (or whatever it is you conspiracy nuts do to get these ideas)...
Hey! Don't make me shut this thread down 'cause you're discussing illegal drugs.

I keeed.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem
Hey! Don't make me shut this thread down 'cause you're discussing illegal drugs.

I keeed.
Are chemtrails illegals drugs now?

Nice try, better luck next time.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem

I keeed.
But are the drugs really illegal if the government put them there?

Old 04-09-2006, 06:59 PM

I knew what contrails were, but thought chemtrails sounded made-up. So I googled it.

Oh, for heaven's sake.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levdrakon
I knew what contrails were, but thought chemtrails sounded made-up. So I googled it.

Oh, for heaven's sake.
Its like opening a big box of stupid, isn't it?

Old 04-09-2006, 07:40 PM

Chemtrails-aren't those the human waste from airplane toilets?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miskatonic
Its like opening a big box of stupid, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by web page when googled chemtrails
What most Americans don't realize is that the upper echelons of the United States government is no longer a government "of , by, and for " the people (See the New World Order). The United States government-as with all other major governments of the world-is under the total domination and control of the Illuminati (architects of the so-called New World Order). The Illuminati's plan to reduce the global population by 4 billion people before the year 2050 was laid out in the Global 2000 report assembled by the Carter administration. in the late 70's.
Those damned illuminati, I just knew they were involved in this. It all started with those pesky black UN helocopters in North Dakota then it was straight on to 9/11. I'm going to get some tin-foil for my head and some duct tape or my windows.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:57 PM

More lunacy from bigpappadiaz:

Post #295
Quote:
I think the number 19 has been lowered, since some of those guys have turned up elsewhere in the world alive and well. They were probably surprised to see themselves on TV.
From Sent:

Post #319
Quote:
No, but having reviewed both sides of the argument on that issue I think it is likely he knew about it and not only allowed it to happen but took measures to help it happen.
Post #324
Quote:
Yes, the most holy of holies, the president. In some people's minds, these decisions are justified for the "greater good". For others, it is a matter of what they can get away with and what is best for them personally. Do all of you here really subscribe to a school-book version of history? You don't know history unless you are focusing your attention on declassifed information...the non-whitewashed version. What access do you have to still-classified information that the rest of us don't, so that you are in a greater position of competence?
Note: This is one of the lamer, yet still classical, cop-outs loons such as CTs use, the "Everything that either supports or contradicts what I claim is classified so you can't know The Truthtm.

Come on, bigpappadiaz and Sent, show some fortitude and provide the evidence which makes you believe the crap you've been spouting!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

The chemtrails web page has it exactly wrong. Chemtrails are controlled by Big Oil. Under the Treaty of Secret Conspiracies, Big Oil in charge of all conspiracies having to do with oil and chemical products. The Illuminati is in charge of cattle mutilation, crop circles, global warming, bird flu and other nature conspiracies. The Tri-Lateral Commission keeps its hands full with destabilization of the world's currencies, eliminating the gold standard and the destruction of personal responsibility in favor of creeping socialism. The Elders of Zion have been pretty much inactive since they got their Jewish state, but they still make it impossible to find a good bagel in the Midwest.

Good for Bill Gates! He didn't sign the treaty. Thanks to his single-handed control of the Internet, it's the only place we can find the TRUTH.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness
Quote:
Are you serious?

Daniel
Bipappadiaz I want to believe, I really want to I just have a couple of problems. The first of course is that rust does stain, and concrete will take red stain , and the fact that the picture in question looks just like many blocks of concrete I have seen from buildings that are being torn down. (My dad was in charge of construction of many large buildings; I grew up around constructions job sites.) A lot rustier, but just like one from pretty much any concrete building being torn down. But my biggest problem is what Tomndeb posted
Quote:
Now, LHoD, clearly when high temper steel is reduced to a molten state, it would simply attract bits of rebar to be sucked into it and the fact that the rebar should have melted at a temperature 800 - 1200 lower than that molten steel just indicates that the rebar was manually inserted as the steel cooled (even though soft rebar could never be driven into steel after it had cooled sufficiently to not melt the rebar).
So if you can explain this I will be on your side, I will be your bitch, I will host a website for you, and I will carry your torch here at the SDMB.
Here is all you have to do. A simple experiment. All you have to do is three things, but first the experiment:
Rebar melts at a lower temp than structural steel. Now asking you to melt a ton or so of structural steel wouldn't be fair, so I came up with a substitute.
To do this experiment you will need a stick of butter, and a pound of bakers chocolate. Since butter melts at a lower temp than chocolate it should be fair.
What you have to do:
1. Take the stick of butter, and cut a quarter inch slice off the butter lengthwise When you have done this you should have a slice of butter that is as tall as the stick and as long as the stick, and 1/4" thick. Now cut lengthwise into 1/4 slices. You should now have a series of butter sticks that are 1/4 X 1/4 by the length of the stick of butter. This is your rebar.
2. Melt the chocolate. Insert the butter part way and cool the chocolate to a solid with the butter rebar sticking out halfway or so. You can melt the chocolate via any method you choose. You may cool the butter first if you wish. Hell, chuck it in the freezer if you want. The only limitation is that the chocolate must be molten when the butter is inserted, and no using liquid nitrogen since none was available at the WTC.
3. If and when you succeed, to win the bet and make me a believer you must
A) Post a picture of your results
B) Allow a local doper to inspect your work. (We have dopers all over the world, so this should not be an issue.)
C) Publish on the SDMB your method so that we can peer review it, and duplicate your results. After all this is the basis of the scientific method.

If you can do this I will be your bitch. If you can't that do this then perhaps you should take Mr. Spock's advice
Old 04-09-2006, 09:52 PM

Rick,

I was really, truly, and without a doubt hoping that would be a photo of Captain Spock flipping the bird. Alas, it wasn't, but still made my day!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:41 PM

It was the best I could do on short notice.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

I'd just like to give proper respect to everyone in that thread who posted links and arguments to debunk the lunacy. I know it seems like a lost cause, but I do think it's important that when someone expounds a conspiracy theory, that other people debunk it, more for the sake of passers-by than the CT him (her?) self.

A virtual toast to lemur866, xtisme, Lute skywatcher, PBear42, Mr. Miskatonic, RickJay, tomndebb, Duke of Rat, D Odds, and all the others.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:15 AM

One of the loons now has JFK being killed by the driver of his own car. Here's his post in a thread about the JFK autopsy xrays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppadiaz
Because he didn't. The driver did it and they all hid it in plain sight. The bullet used was one of those "splat" bullets that blew a chunk of his head out and pushed it back and to the left, thus the fragments You can see the governor lean out of the driver's way. Everyone in that car was in on it, including JFK's wife who he was cheating on. People just don't seem to understand who these people are and what they're trying to achieve, thus they've successfully kept it secret all these years.
I'm going outside to sniff some chemtrails.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:19 AM

Ooh! Bigpappadiaz weighs in on JFK!