Old 10-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Got a battlefield promotion at training, & the condolee was there, too so that eliminated one stop. Decided the Water Gap wasn't worth it as the colors weren't there yet. Walked across the GWB instead. Now to the par-tay.

Last edited by Spiderman; 10-12-2019 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Two posts just because, no specific reason.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:11 PM

they should have put all the boats in the water .. put temp gangplanks between them and had everyone show their wares on the boat like a swap meet type of place used to do in hong kong ....

youd just walk along to the end then walk back around the other side
Old 10-12-2019, 05:16 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Most of the boats were in the water - you don't put 54' sailing yachts in a parking lot. Or 40' catamarans... Unfortunately, a bunch of the booths were in water, too. We left about 2 hours before high tide, so it got worse.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:36 PM

The next on my list for Sunday dining was 5 Guys, so there I went-the hamburgers are good, but it's the french fries I'm addicted to. Will eat a big bowl o'sallit tomorrow to appease the dietary Gods.

Tired and probably will make it an early evening. All y'all take care.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:19 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 68 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 89 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. The big plan of the day is to deheathenate. We will head back to da cave afterwards and munch sammiches for N.O.L. Tonight we shall grill steaks for sup along with garlic smashed N.O.T., bacon wrapped spareguts, and rolls. I took two nice tbones outta da freezer last night due to a gnawin' and a cravin' for steak. I foresee an afternoon of sloth.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands to be fed. Then, purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 10-13-2019, 05:29 AM

Swampy is up and I can't sleep. It's still Saturday night for me.

I had the family over for dinner tonight. My sister got a new puppy, whom she brought over to meet Akiko. The puppy is a Boston Terrier named Baloo. She's very sweet, but a little overwhelmed by the whole gang of us. By the end she would chase Akiko across the floor and then run and hide if Akiko tried to turn around. Akiko was on her best behavior and brought her toys out to share.

Other than that, I had another outpatient procedure done to try and kill (really) the nerves in my head that are causing some of my issues. I have some interesting facial bruising, but no other results to report yet. They said it would take several days to work. Fingers crossed.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Last edited by Sunny Daze; 10-13-2019 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:07 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinaited ,and sheveled. Off to work. Canes lost last night.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:10 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Pretty good night of sleep, with a weird dream about judging a science fair at the school where my daughter teaches and being hit on by someone from my work, tho whoever it was in the dream isn't someone I know... Regardless, I'm rested and I got to the office at 7. We'll see how much I can get done today.

Happy Sunday!!
Old 10-13-2019, 07:58 AM

Morning all. 43F at 7am, might have to turn the heat on in the house (just turned the AC off on Thursday).

Mowage is probable, my leaf/grass pickup date is Moanday, so we'll wait for the sun to dry it out.

Mooooom, just getting ready for that retirement, eh?

Sunny, anyone asks about the bruising, tell them they ought to see the other three guys...
but I do hope it relieves the pain you've suffered.

All y'all have a good Sunday.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:02 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

MetalMouse - Bossman asked me if I could possibly come in this weekend to push thru a few hot drawings. I figure I should be able to get them all done in about 5 hours. Because I'm nice, dammit!
Old 10-13-2019, 08:48 AM

Happy Sunday!

Was a cool 39 degrees when I went to the park this morning, supposed to get up to 64 and be N.O.S. today.

The agenda for today is irk.
I may irk on taxes a bit, depends on how grumpy I feel.

Hope this helps your head Sunny.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:16 AM

Blurfage. Happy Sunday everyone. Don’t know what’s on the plan for today. Tis been raining. I have laundry of course. I cooked yesterday and there are enough leftovers that I shan’t have to cook today. So I envision a lazy day. I hope it keeps raining.

Be good.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:55 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

And I'm back home. I got 4 drawings done in 5 hours, which is roughly what I figured it'd take. Doug was there - he seemed surprised to see me, even tho he'd asked me to come in and I told him I'd come on Sunday... Tim was there too - his project is really hot and I think some bits might be behind schedule.

I stopped at Aldi on the way home, then picked up some not-so-bad Chinese for lunch for me and my sweetie. I'm about to assume the knit position and chill the afternoon away!

Oh, yeah, it's been raining here. YAY!!!
Old 10-13-2019, 01:05 PM

I have rain jealousy, although I think we might get some later this week.

I've put the groceries away and I'm not sure how much else I'm going to get done today. Too many spoons used up yesterday.

I think I'll keep binge watching "Veronica Mars".
Old 10-13-2019, 02:09 PM

Re: the original MMP OP.

I hire out anything beyond basic plumbing, electrical, and auto maintenance, and have recently begun to have a lawn service twice a month. And I'm kicking myself for not getting a quote sooner on the yard service. My new-ish neighbors have these guys every two weeks, and their yard is gorgeous, and I assumed the price was beyond my budget. But I got overwhelmed, and decided I'd check for the price of a one-time service just to catch up.

Y'all, they do my (~1.25 acre) yard for $100/first service, and $50 every two weeks if I have it cut on the same schedule as the neighbors'! I can't maintain a mower and trimmer and pay for fuel for that price, never mind my time, sunblock, heat exhaustion, and pizza delivery because I'm dying of sun poisoning after two days of yard work. And they get it done in about an hour!

I accidentally hit post, so I'll leave this in the edit, and continue my thoughts in a new post.

Last edited by Lacunae Matata; 10-13-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Fumble fingers!
Old 10-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We deheathenated, made a run by Wally*World for nine volt batteries (need those for the door opener thingys at the church house, as one of 'em was not workin' this mornin' so might as well replace all four batteries), pimentos, and bread, came back to da cave, had sammiches, and acheived nappage. I have sup ready to get done in a bit. I shall do the kitchen stuff whilst OYKW grills steaks.

{{{Sunny}}} hope the procedure works.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:48 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

[QUOTE=swampbear;21914376nine volt batteries (need those for the door opener thingys at the church house, as one of 'em was not workin' this mornin' so might as well replace all four batteries), [/QUOTE]

Sound and logical thinking.

I am surprised.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:13 PM
born to be shunned

Last nights haunt was terrific; Castle Blood really outdid themselves on the story line this year.

Todays event at Idlewild was really good as well.

And we scored candy and chips!
Old 10-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We have supped and it was dang good! As OYKW said, "Henry VIII wishes he could have eaten this well." We recently watched Tudor on Netflix and ol' Henry was forever piggin' out. Now the kitchen is all cleanded and the biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can has been hauled all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow.

flytrap it just stands to reason to change all the batteries at once. Plus also, the last time they were changed I changed 'em, so I know future battery failure is upon us.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:05 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

swampy - was it this series? We loved it!!

It's been a good, lazy afternoon. Here's hoping for another good sleeping night. I need it.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

Work was slow. Power flickered. I had to reboot the main PC. Or I set the self destruct, hrd to tell by the noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I have rain jealousy, although I think we might get some later this week.
It rained here today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Too many spoons used up yesterday.
I'm watching the Japanese grad Prix. There is a Spoon Corner at the track. Maybe pick some up there?
Old 10-13-2019, 08:53 PM

Wasted day. I have been a little puny today. Backache. Anyhoo I just made a bacon and scrambled egg sammie that hit the spot. I am off tomorrow for Indigenous Peoples Day so bonus.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:51 PM

Butters, wasted day here too; only went outside to retrieve the newspaper. If sloth is truly one of the Deadly Sins, I'm done for.

And..I got nothing. All y'all have a good night and maybe I'll be more engaging tomorrow on the new MMP.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:28 PM

Howdy y'all!

I potlucked with the heathens whilst we rehashed the North American conference and conducted a business meeting. Then I came home, did a couple of loads of laundry, washed the screen door windows, rehung Nelson's leash hooks and prepped tomorrow evening's supper so's I'll just have to pop it in the oven.

Sis and Nelson's daddy should be here in a few minutes, so I'm guessing that we'll be up until at least one. I need to go up to Lebanon tomorrow and we'll likely do some farting around. Tuesday, we're taking the Redneck Comedy Bus Tour. It's BYOB and Slim Jims are an accepted tip.