Old 10-08-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
... But the joke was on them. She was a Larouche plant....
No. The "joke" is on America. Even if all the Fox-potatoes learn she was a plant (though they won't) the ploy will still benefit heinous right-wingers. They'll segue into "Sure she was a plant but her views do reflect some of the AOC gang." Or (as they're already doing) "AOC didn't do enough to condemn the baby eater."

Fake News and Fake Facts do huge damage even if the Ignorati learns they're Fake. (I posted links to address this claim in an earlier post, though I'm sure the SDMB response, if any, was about trivia like my comma placement.)

One (1) of the Board's Republicans — anomalous1 — chimed in and condemned the troll. His post may have been slightly ambiguous but I understood what he was saying. Yet 1 or 2 posters responded as though he were condemning AOC! I found this a sad indictment of the partisan divide: we can't even hear the right-wing voices when they have something moral or intelligent to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
Yes. I would agree for the most part. She probably was confused by the dumbass heckler and they took her (AOC) lack of proper answer to be an acknowledgement, I suppose trolls exist in person too. I actually give AOC credit and respect for her passion in her pursuits, as misguided as I believe some of them may be. She at least has passion, unlike so many congresscritters..
Hi again, anomalous1. You seem intelligent and righteous, hugely different from almost every single other Republican on this Board.

I hope it won't sound too condescending if I ask Why the hell are you a Republican?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
No. The "joke" is on America. Even if all the Fox-potatoes learn she was a plant (though they won't) the ploy will still benefit heinous right-wingers. They'll segue into "Sure she was a plant but her views do reflect some of the AOC gang." Or (as they're already doing) "AOC didn't do enough to condemn the baby eater."

Fake News and Fake Facts do huge damage even if the Ignorati learns they're Fake. (I posted links to address this claim in an earlier post, though I'm sure the SDMB response, if any, was about trivia like my comma placement.)

One (1) of the Board's Republicans — anomalous1 — chimed in and condemned the troll. His post may have been slightly ambiguous but I understood what he was saying. Yet 1 or 2 posters responded as though he were condemning AOC! I found this a sad indictment of the partisan divide: we can't even hear the right-wing voices when they have something moral or intelligent to say.

Hi again, anomalous1. You seem intelligent and righteous, hugely different from almost every single other Republican on this Board.

I hope it won't sound too condescending if I ask Why the hell are you a Republican?
There are smart Republicans. But they mostly act stupid to fit in with the herd.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Don't eat babies yourselves. Feed them to endangered carnivores, let the cats develop a taste for human flesh.

[Edit: Fine, fine, sharks. We have to share the land with the cats.]

Last edited by foolsguinea; 10-08-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Enough with the Swiftboating already.
Add enough baby recipes and it becomes gravyboating.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:52 AM
Elephant Whisperer

When eating babies is outlawed, only outlaws will eat babies.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
One (1) of the Board's Republicans — anomalous1 — chimed in and condemned the troll. His post may have been slightly ambiguous but I understood what he was saying. Yet 1 or 2 posters responded as though he were condemning AOC!
What I interpreted that as was someone upset at him for condemning the troll and not the right wingers who were treating the trolling as legit.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Here’s an example of how complicated LaRouche thought is and why it doesn’t fall along left-right sides.
Yeah, the LaRouchians have always been on an axis not only orthogonal to the usual left-right political axis but, in many ways, orthogonal to reality. I don't consider them left- or right-wingers in any meaningful sense.

But still: who doesn't enjoy a nice plate of Babycakes?