Old Today, 12:18 AM

Kimstu, it’s still bullshit to say I was intentionally being misleading. I was not. Nor do I believe there is any lack of clarity in what I wrote, which was very precise. In fact, intentionally so, as you acknowledge—but not for the purpose of misleading, only to make my assertion unimpeachable.

Disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
You completely failed to understand that even the ones you cited came back also to point out that while poor and minority students do get just a bit more in resources that is only when comparing same districts, so when looking at most districts the point from EE and others is clear:

The failure to understand is yours, GIGO. I do believe in this case that you are sincere in your misunderstanding, so I’ll show you what happened again. (If this comes up again after this post has slid up off the page, maybe I’ll go ‘round about it again if necessary, but not for a while as it is incredibly boring to relitigate the same thing over and over.)

Here is the post where EE quoted me and responded “I simply don’t believe this”:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...postcount=1180

It’s right there in what EE quoted: “in the same district”. That was, again, very intentional.

If you can’t parse the specificity of a claim, that’s not my fault, people. It’s not in tiny fine print or arcane language. “In the same district”. Plain as can be.

Last edited by SlackerInc; Today at 12:20 AM.
Old Today, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
The failure to understand is yours, GIGO. I do believe in this case that you are sincere in your misunderstanding, so I’ll show you what happened again. (If this comes up again after this post has slid up off the page, maybe I’ll go ‘round about it again if necessary, but not for a while as it is incredibly boring to relitigate the same thing over and over.)

Here is the post where EE quoted me and responded “I simply don’t believe this”:

It’s right there in what EE quoted: “in the same district”. That was, again, very intentional.

If you can’t parse the specificity of a claim, that’s not my fault, people. It’s not in tiny fine print or arcane language. “In the same district”. Plain as can be.
And that was not dealing with the post I quoted, it shows that the point was expanded then. And you continue to cowardly avoid answering to the questions made.

Like all your points in this thread, they are grossly incomplete on purpose. The whole truth is that you were misleading in that reply because others did notice that concentrating on the same districs willfully ignored the big picture and you still are.
Old Today, 12:59 AM

You or anyone else was free to respond “That may be true in a narrow sense, but these other factors are more germane”, etc. Not “I simply don’t believe this is true”.

Furthermore, this plaint is pretty rich given that the cites from your side have been incredibly narrow, leaving out funding streams like SpEd, nutrition programs, preschool, or even all federal spending!
Old Today, 01:19 AM

Quote:

Here's the claim you made:
"black schoolchildren have significantly more money spent on their education than do white children in the same district."
And here's the important part of the sentence you posted as your "proof" of that claim:
"...not all districts spend more money on these students—in the most unequal districts, they receive between $300-$500 less per pupil."
Now, you demonstrated from the embarrassing Wikipedia incident that you lack the intellectual capacity to make it to the end of a sentence, but I want you to try. If you do, you'll find that your own cite proves you wrong. I guess being too stupid to realize that your own cite disproves you is "winning" to someone of your intellectual caliber.

And hey, I couldn't be bothered to read your latest interaction with Kimstu, but you probably shouldn't be so hostile to the only person in this thread who hasn't basically told you to your face that you're a fucking idiot.
Old Today, 01:23 AM

Quote:
You or anyone else was free to respond “That may be true in a narrow sense, but these other factors are more germane”, etc. Not “I simply don’t believe this is true”.

Furthermore, this plaint is pretty rich given that the cites from your side have been incredibly narrow, leaving out funding streams like SpEd, nutrition programs, preschool, or even all federal spending!
Not really. As noted, I actually looked at what the researcher you cited did tell us later.

So, even the researcher in your cite expanded his narrow point.

Also of notice: in the quote I made FROM YOU, you willfully dropped your "very intentional" point that 'it was just about the same districts' when you tell us later that still "more money is spent on them" when that was not the case anymore (or an inoperative statement as a Nixon aid did say), as pointed by others and by your own "very intentional" misleading/incomplete statement.

Last edited by GIGObuster; Today at 01:25 AM.
Old Today, 07:52 AM

Oh GIGO, you’re talking gibberish again. Also note that your buddy EE is again engaging in his/her predilection for posting quoted text (but without using Dope-style quoteboxes, perhaps to skirt quoting rules) with no links to back the quotes up. In an earlier case, I Googled the source and found that it excluded federal money, nutrition programs, etc. Even EE was forced to grudgingly retract it, although like Kimstu s/he still tried to blame it on me somehow.

Last edited by SlackerInc; Today at 07:53 AM.
Old Today, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Oh GIGO, you’re talking gibberish again. Also note that your buddy EE is again engaging in his/her predilection for posting quoted text (but without using Dope-style quoteboxes, perhaps to skirt quoting rules) with no links to back the quotes up. In an earlier case, I Googled the source and found that it excluded federal money, nutrition programs, etc. Even EE was forced to grudgingly retract it, although like Kimstu s/he still tried to blame it on me somehow.
Fie to that, you are an even bigger coward for resorting to the now tired "I do not understand you" when you already showed that indeed you can follow.

Again, even you are aware of how incomplete and misleading is to just stick to your say so of "just the districts" when even the researcher you quoted came a few months later expanding his point, comparing just the schools within a district does miss the big picture and you continue to do so and on top of that you clearly dropped your 'just within the districts" misleading half point to continue with your inoperative statement that implies that all minority or poor students are getting more funding. .

Last edited by GIGObuster; Today at 08:05 AM.
Old Today, 08:13 AM

I'm not the one who's inconsistent. Some of your posts are intelligible, others less so. Sometimes you bite off more than you can chew, linguistically. I suspect you do well with complex sentences in your native tongue, which often leads you into temptation to use them in English...and the results are just not what you are aiming for. I'll again suggest that you try being more "telegraphic". Keep your sentences under a dozen words. Your last sentence above contains 88! (I use long sentences myself at times, but not in French.)

This is offered as sincere advice, not as an insult.
Old Today, 08:17 AM

To sum up: Political correctness is responsible for anything bad. White men are being demonized and the proof is that NPR hosts talked about a story and focused on something other than what SlackerInc thought they should. Disagreeing with SlackerInc is being a "dirty gaslighter". And white supremacism is just fine as long as it's similar to the paternal attitude of colonialists.

Did I leave anything out?
Old Today, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I'm not the one who's inconsistent. Some of your posts are intelligible, others less so. Sometimes you bite off more than you can chew, linguistically. I suspect you do well with complex sentences in your native tongue, which often leads you into temptation to use them in English...and the results are just not what you are aiming for. I'll again suggest that you try being more "telegraphic". Keep your sentences under a dozen words. Your last sentence above contains 88! (I use long sentences myself at times, but not in French.)

Duly noted then, but it is also noted that you continue to be a coward.

And again, you did miss a lot about what your researcher said about funding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Economist
Here's the claim you made:

"black schoolchildren have significantly more money spent on their education than do white children in the same district."

And here's the important part of the sentence you posted as your "proof" of that claim:

"...not all districts spend more money on these students—in the most unequal districts, they receive between $300-$500 less per pupil."

Now, you demonstrated from the embarrassing Wikipedia incident that you lack the intellectual capacity to make it to the end of a sentence, but I want you to try. If you do, you'll find that your own cite proves you wrong. I guess being too stupid to realize that your own cite disproves you is "winning" to someone of your intellectual caliber.
So, when you came back willfully ignoring what your cite also did say, then your statement about "The fact that they don’t have similar needs is my whole point: they have greater needs because they come to school with lower aptitude. So more money is spent on them" Your whole point there was already incomplete, misleading and stuck in your confirmation bias. IOW, poppycock.
Old Today, 09:49 AM

Quoting EE with an uncited quote allegedly attributable to me doesn’t cut it. Link to my actual post where I cited something, if you want to say it’s my source. If you want to retract the claim that it’s my cite but still use it to advance your own claim, then link to the source itself so I can see the context and verify the numbers.

This is basic stuff, c’mon.
Old Today, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Yeah, GIGO, be sure to take posting advice from Mr "forgets start of paragraph by the time I reach the end!"
Old Today, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Quoting EE with an uncited quote allegedly attributable to me doesn’t cut it.
Forgotten what you posted again, Slack?
Old Today, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Quoting EE with an uncited quote allegedly attributable to me doesn’t cut it. Link to my actual post where I cited something, if you want to say it’s my source. If you want to retract the claim that it’s my cite but still use it to advance your own claim, then link to the source itself so I can see the context and verify the numbers.

This is basic stuff, c’mon.
Many thanks to MrDibble for citing what for the Slacker is impossible to remember.

But, to be more on point it was dealing with this post:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...postcount=1232

So, the Slacker does forget what he typed just a few hours or days ago, that figures. Must be the genes what also prevents him fromreading the whole cites.

Last edited by GIGObuster; Today at 10:40 AM.
Old Today, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Also note that your buddy EE is again engaging in his/her predilection for posting quoted text (but without using Dope-style quoteboxes, perhaps to skirt quoting rules) with no links to back the quotes up.
I like this comment: You're basically saying that your own comments are so stupid you find them difficult to believe without a cite.

Well, here you go:

Quote:
Yes, black schoolchildren have significantly more money spent on their education than do white children in the same district.
Yeah, that's word-for-word exactly the same as it was before.

And here's your "proof" of the above claim (the important bit that you failed to read), also in a quote box:

Quote:
Quote:
...not all districts spend more money on these students—in the most unequal districts, they receive between $300-$500 less per pupil.
Again, exactly the same as in my prior post.

Weird how you don't remember writing this stupid shit.
Old Today, 11:21 AM

You guys are hilarious, like a Keystone Kops comedy team. First Dibble cites the wrong post. Then GIGO tries to gently correct him while pretending not to correct him, and cites a different post—which is still not the right one! Then EE finally provides a quote which does link to the post in question, and doing so illustrates why he was so reluctant to do so before.

I’d quote the whole post, which makes a mockery of your claim about it, but quoting a post on this board does not preserve the quotes embedded within it, which are crucial here. So just go look for yourselves. Here’s the direct link, if that helps:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...postcount=1282

I’ll keep that link handy just in case anyone is ever dumb enough to try to plow this ground once again.

I will however quote my final sentence from that post, just as a reminder to you all:

Quote:
You see how every time you goad me to find cites, it ends up being worse for your case than ever?

Last edited by SlackerInc; Today at 11:22 AM.
Old Today, 11:25 AM

Quote:
You guys are hilarious, like a Keystone Kops comedy team. First Dibble cites the wrong post. Then GIGO tries to gently correct him while pretending not to correct him, and cites a different post—which is still not the right one!
Nope, here you are insisting on going back, where you were also wrong as the cite you point also shows.

The problem is that you are denying now that there was more coming from the researcher you cited too, that goes into your convenient memory hole.

What I can see here is just willful ignorance of what the researcher that you cited did publish later.

Last edited by GIGObuster; Today at 11:29 AM.
Old Today, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Nope, here you are insisting on going back, where you were also wrong as the cite you point also shows.

The problem is that you are denying now that there was more coming from the researcher you cited too, that goes into your convenient memory hole.
This is mostly gibberish, and what little I could discern from it is flat out wrong. Bzzzt, try again.
Old Today, 11:33 AM

Quote:
This is mostly gibberish, and what little I could discern from it is flat out wrong. Bzzzt, try again.
Sure you say that, but I see only that you are scared that a guy with grammar problems can read better than you, so the question is: do you deny that that Kenneth Shores (the researcher you quoted) came a few months later with research that showed that you are relying on incomplete information to declare your dumb victory?

Last edited by GIGObuster; Today at 11:35 AM.
Old Today, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I take it that english is not your first language?
Old Today, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Sure you say that, but I see only that you are scared that a guy with grammar problems can read better than you, so the question is: do you deny that that Kenneth Shores (the researcher you quoted) came a few months later with research that showed that you are relying on incomplete information to declare your dumb victory?

I can’t “deny” an assertion like that, because I don’t have a transcript handy of everything Shores has ever said. I can however confirm that there has been as of today no correction or note added to the Brookings paper, as you can see here:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brown...rity-students/

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
I take it that english is not your first language?

I think you meant to address that to GIGO, and s/he has already confirmed that s/he is ESL. English is definitely my first language—it would be quite a trick to get a perfect 36 on both the English and Reading sections of the ACT if it were not. :P

Last edited by SlackerInc; Today at 12:02 PM.
Old Today, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
To sum up: Political correctness is responsible for anything bad. White men are being demonized and the proof is that NPR hosts talked about a story and focused on something other than what SlackerInc thought they should. Disagreeing with SlackerInc is being a "dirty gaslighter". And white supremacism is just fine as long as it's similar to the paternal attitude of colonialists.

Did I leave anything out?
Forgot about the test score bragging! Repeated trumpeting of one's test scores, as if this meant anything more (and was any more likely to be grounded in fact) than a random homeless person spouting about their political or celebrity connections.

Thanks for reminding me, Slacker.
Old Today, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I can’t “deny” an assertion like that, because I don’t have a transcript handy of everything Shores has ever said. I can however confirm that there has been as of today no correction or note added to the Brookings paper, as you can see here:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brown...rity-students/
Do you know that the argument that one can ignore new research (from the one you cited) does not work for climate change deniers or creationists too?

It is also clear that you totally missed that the cite I made about how many districts are underfunded came also from Shores.

Quote:
I think you meant to address that to GIGO, and s/he has already confirmed that s/he is ESL. English is definitely my first language—it would be quite a trick to get a perfect 36 on both the English and Reading sections of the ACT if it were not. :P
Ok, thanks for clarifying that you are then an incompetent at reading cites and research.

Last edited by GIGObuster; Today at 12:20 PM.
Old Today, 12:23 PM

GIGO, if you have evidence that supersedes the still-extant Brookings paper, link to it or get off the pot.

Quote:
Forgot about the test score bragging! Repeated trumpeting of one's test scores, as if this meant anything more (and was any more likely to be grounded in fact) than a random homeless person spouting about their political or celebrity connections.

Thanks for reminding me, Slacker.
I posted video of myself holding the official score report. See upthread if you missed it.
Old Today, 12:39 PM

Yes! That's the way to go! You are totally coming across as the smartest and most well-adjusted person! Keep it up, you hero! "Slack am hyoomon best! Have vids to prove it!"

Last edited by MrDibble; Today at 12:39 PM.
Old Today, 12:51 PM

Quote:
No, I was addressing you. Sometimes GIGO phrases things a bit oddly, but I have never had any difficulty in understanding. The post you responded to, claiming to be gibberish was pretty close to perfect english. I can see that it would be improved by the inclusion of a preposition and a comma, but it is perfectly intelligible.

Someone as well versed in english as you claim to be should be able to parse across minor errors with ease, instead, you are unable to comprehend it at all. That's why I was wondering if english was your first language. Minor errors are harder for someone to parse if they have a poor grasp of the language.

If your language skills are as you say they are, then your assertion that you could not comprehend GIGO's words is simply a lie in order to avoid dealing with what they are saying.

Quote:

I posted video of myself holding the official score report. See upthread if you missed it.
Your parents must be so proud.

I remember in preschool, when I got a gold star on my test, my parents would take a picture of me holding it.
Old Today, 12:57 PM

If standardized tests were based around parsing pidgin English, or even the kind of writing you see in an average schmoe’s Facebook update, I would do very poorly. I’m happy to read the kind of prose you find in The Atlantic or The New Yorker, but even some of the content in the local newspaper starts to give me a headache and I give up on it. Perhaps that is indeed a limitation of mine. So be it.

Last edited by SlackerInc; Today at 12:58 PM.
Old Today, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
So if the graduates of a given high school read on a fourth grade level and do math at a third grade level, it is a radical proposition to say that this is at least as important as parent satisfaction? And it's "chutzpah" to tell them that people who don't have basic high-school level skills are at a disadvantage when they go to find jobs and/or otherwise function in adult society?

Not sure I agree 100% with your detective work there, Lou.

Do you think we need to do anything about the black-white gap in education? Or, as long as the parents are happy with their schools, nothing need be done?

Regards,
Shodan
How do people get into 8th grade with 3rd grade math and 4th grade reading skills?
Old Today, 01:01 PM

Quote:
GIGO, if you have evidence that supersedes the still-extant Brookings paper, link to it or get off the pot.
The word you are looking for is expands (to give a fuller version or account of.). Used already, look for it, it is not hard.

Ok, not making the mistake to assume that you are able, so I also have to tell you that the Kenneth Shores' most recent research that reported that 29 to 44 percent of districts under-allocate resources to disadvantaged students was already cited on post #1349

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...postcount=1349

So, what happens when you are the one that chronically misses links? Will you get off the pot?

Last edited by GIGObuster; Today at 01:05 PM.
Old Today, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
No, I was addressing you. Sometimes GIGO phrases things a bit oddly, but I have never had any difficulty in understanding. The post you responded to, claiming to be gibberish was pretty close to perfect english. I can see that it would be improved by the inclusion of a preposition and a comma, but it is perfectly intelligible.

Someone as well versed in english as you claim to be should be able to parse across minor errors with ease, instead, you are unable to comprehend it at all. That's why I was wondering if english was your first language. Minor errors are harder for someone to parse if they have a poor grasp of the language.

If your language skills are as you say they are, then your assertion that you could not comprehend GIGO's words is simply a lie in order to avoid dealing with what they are saying.
Thank you k9bfriender, that made my day.

And I do agree, Slacker is not only lying but also being a coward for avoiding questions with that ruse.
Old Today, 01:18 PM

Sigh. GIGO, you’re really wasting my time. I hope that’s not your intent.

I’ve already seen that paper, and even quoted from it at least once:

Quote:
Our key descriptive result is that, on average, across nearly all districts in the United States, intra-district spending inequality is limited. Average spending on poor or minority students is 1 to 2 percent higher than on nonpoor or white students.
But that is only counting state and local spending! When you factor in the large amount of federal money schools get, particularly for Title 1 and SpEd, the disparity will be higher—although no source I have yet seen quantifies how much.

Just give it up already, sheesh.
Old Today, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
How do people get into 8th grade with 3rd grade math and 4th grade reading skills?
It’s called special education, or SpEd for short. Do you really want teenagers with intellectual disabilities to sit in little grade school chairs year after year? Not only would that be socially awkward and humiliating, possibly dangerous, and certainly disruptive of those classrooms, it is not the best way to teach those kids. Kids with intellectual disabilities do best when getting extra help from specially trained SpEd teachers and paras (teaching a teenager with ID how to read a 5th grade level book requires different pedagogical techniques than teaching a grade schooler the same material), but also spending time around their peers.
Old Today, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, it was "official"? And you took video? That's totally normal and not weird in any way. I was considering the possibility that such a "score report" could be faked, but it's "official"? I'm convinced! Amazing how that magic word "official" is so powerful!
Old Today, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Sigh. GIGO, you’re really wasting my time. I hope that’s not your intent.

I’ve already seen that paper, and even quoted from it at least once:

But that is only counting state and local spending! When you factor in the large amount of federal money schools get, particularly for Title 1 and SpEd, the disparity will be higher—although no source I have yet seen quantifies how much.

Just give it up already, sheesh.
Nope, that makes it worse.

Again you willfully ignored that point it was also made by Shore to claim that intra-district spending inequality is limited (something that we are not ignoring) while outside of it minority students are being underfunded on the whole. (The point me and many others are making).

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...t-less-funding
Quote:
In more than half of the states in the U.S., the poorest school districts do not receive funding to address their students' increased needs – just the latest data point to shine a spotlight on funding gaps that plague the country's public education system.

School districts with the highest rates of poverty receive about $1,000 less per student in state and local funding than those with the lowest rates of poverty, according to a new report released Tuesday by The Education Trust.
Old Today, 01:52 PM

How is it that you keep missing the “state and local” caveat, GIGO? I’m getting very tired of holding your hand.

Quote:
Oh, it was "official"? And you took video? That's totally normal and not weird in any way. I was considering the possibility that such a "score report" could be faked, but it's "official"? I'm convinced! Amazing how that magic word "official" is so powerful!
(1) I don’t set out to be “totally normal and not weird in any way”. Not a goal of mine, and never has been. Sounds awful, in fact.

(2) Anyone who took the ACT relatively recently, or has a child who did, or works in a high school or college where they are sent, will know what the official report looks like. If you think I have the ability to doctor a video, in which the report is moving around slightly, and make it look legit, you are giving me credit for a level of technical wizardry I cannot claim to possess.
Old Today, 02:06 PM

Quote:
How is it that you keep missing the “state and local” caveat, GIGO? I’m getting very tired of holding your hand.

(1) I don’t set out to be “totally normal and not weird in any way”. Not a goal of mine, and never has been. Sounds awful, in fact.

(2) Anyone who took the ACT relatively recently, or has a child who did, or works in a high school or college where they are sent, will know what the official report looks like. If you think I have the ability to doctor a video, in which the report is moving around slightly, and make it look legit, you are giving me credit for a level of technical wizardry I cannot claim to possess.
You're obviously double plus genius, so I'm sure doctoring a video isn't beyond you. Or if it were, the far easier task of doctoring paperwork could be well within your grasp.

Or are you too stupid to figure out a way to forge a test score?

Last edited by iiandyiiii; Today at 02:06 PM.
Old Today, 02:10 PM

The issue here is that the point by Shore was not the only one.

While intra-district spending inequality is limited that is something that we are not ignoring)

The point that stands, even after all his attempts at obfuscation, is that minority students "from low-income families receive far less funding than those serving White and more affluent students.

And despite widespread attention to inequitable school funding formulas — and courts that have declared them unlawful for shortchanging school districts serving large percentages of low-income students — too many states continue this unfair practice."

What is clear is that the Slacker wants to pretend that what he cited was not modified already by what the researcher already reported, and so the slacker's overall idea that "So more money is spent on them" was only telling us a half truth. By omitting information and telling half-truths he can claim that he is not "lying", but it is still a deception.
Old Today, 02:14 PM

GIGO, so help me...okay, this is the last time I’m going to try to get this through your head: this paper only looks at state and local spending! This is the point you seem to be utterly blind to, and perhaps you don’t realize what a large share of school funding comes from the feds.
Old Today, 02:43 PM

Quote:
GIGO, so help me...okay, this is the last time I’m going to try to get this through your head: this paper only looks at state and local spending! This is the point you seem to be utterly blind to, and perhaps you don’t realize what a large share of school funding comes from the feds.
And it isn't ignored also, you do seem to be a dunce about understanding the word "expand". Federal funds are not added in studies like one cited because "those dollars are intended — and targeted — to provide supplemental services to traditionally underserved groups." The reality is that even with the fed money the differences are big enough (and they are not always related to education, but to services) to tell us that you do press for the deceptive incomplete item as a discussion point.
Old Today, 02:57 PM

But of course you have no evidence for this “reality” you assert.
Old Today, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You really are fucking stupid.

For everyone who doesn't care enough to read through SlackerInc's stupid posts to understand what he's blathering on about, here's a simple math example:

There's a school with 99 white students and 1 black student, and it receives $10,000 in funding, which is equally distributed across the students.
There's a second school with 1 white student and 99 black students, and it receives $100 in funding, which is equally distributed across the students.

Now obviously, black students receive less funding on the whole; a total of $199 in funding for 100 black students
And, equally obviously, white students receive more funding on average: a total of $9,901 for 100 students.

Now a person of normal intelligence would look at the above fact pattern and think to themselves "boy, black students sure get less funding!"

But SlackerInc is not a person of normal intelligence, no matter what his mommy told him when he was growing up, so when he looks at the above facts he thinks to himself "if you look at only the mostly black school, both white and black students receive $1 of funding, which is totally fair. And then if you look at only the mostly white school, both white students and black student receive $100 of funding, so that's fair."

To summarize, SlackerInc is fucking stupid.
Old Today, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I proved it mathematically in an earlier post.

You're too stupid to understand mathematics, so to you it's as though no proof exists, I guess.
Old Today, 03:16 PM

Quote:
It's probably a good idea for you to tell people you're smart, otherwise they would never know.
Old Today, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I’d quote the whole post, which makes a mockery of your claim about it, but quoting a post on this board does not preserve the quotes embedded within it, which are crucial here. So just go look for yourselves. Here’s the direct link, if that helps:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...postcount=1282
It was a truly, truly great post. Probably your best. ...I mean, if I haaad to find one flaw in it--and this is only if you were twisting my arm--I think the one flaw might be the way in which, in a spectacular display of incompetence and ineptitude you disproved your own claim and then didn't realize it. But that's just picking nits.
Old Today, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Reality in this thread showed that the Slacker does press for deception, IOWs half truths to make a point and to pretend to make sense.