Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
Brother Metal-hand (Cliff? Clyde?).
Clinton.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Clinton.
Thanks, that's right. "Clin-TON" according to Emily. I only remembered that it was a somewhat unusual "C" name.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:34 PM

Clinnnnntonnnnnn
Old 05-20-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekedolphin View Post
Clinnnnntonnnnnn
Makes me think of: https://youtu.be/yJi3R1C22H8

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
What do you suppose the next big QC conflict will be? Or the next big romantic pairing?
re: pairing, Bubbles & Faye seem to be perking along nicely.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks, that's right. "Clin-TON" according to Emily. I only remembered that it was a somewhat unusual "C" name.
I prefer Emily's coinage of "Mister Robot Hand!"

Marigold: How'd you lose your hand, anyway?
Claire (Clinton's sister): HE MASTURBATED SO MUCH HIS HAND WITHERED AND FELL OFF
(Panel of stunned silence and dropped jaws)
Marigold, thinking hard: But...wouldn't the hand have gotten stronger?
Clinton: It was a fireworks accident!!!

Still maybe my favorite ever entry.

Speaking a whacking off, Faye, and Bubbles, wouldn't doin' it with a robot be, y'know, a form of masturbation...?
Old 05-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Speaking a whacking off, Faye, and Bubbles, wouldn't doin' it with a robot be, y'know, a form of masturbation...?
That is so racist!

But yeah, I think Faye and Bubbles might be headed somewhere. That scene where they ended up in the same bed reminded me a lot of the similar one between Martin and Claire, at his dad's wedding, before they started dating.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
May has already worked all this out (4 strips).

Last edited by muldoonthief; 05-23-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:59 AM

If Melon didn't have a butt, what exactly was she sitting on while talking to Claire, I wonder?

And how come she doesn't have toes? I wonder if the same is true of Momo and May.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
If Melon didn't have a butt, what exactly was she sitting on while talking to Claire, I wonder?

The big cushion smooshed under her is performing the temporary function. With a detachable modular bottom, upon removal the android may lose independent upright stability and mobility (from the missing myomer glutes) but the rest of the body would not be structurally compromised, and more importantly there is no wound to heal (and no blood loss or risk of infection), so a protective cushion in the glutes' place means you can put weight on it to sit upright until they are replaced.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
And how come she doesn't have toes? I wonder if the same is true of Momo and May.
Momo's old chassis, sure. May, probably. Momo's current chassis is too human looking - probably all she's lacking are genitals and possibly nipples. (But I wouldn't lay money on the latter.)
Old 06-01-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
No argument. But I'm predicting we get some arc with her and Brother Metal-hand (Cliff? Clyde?). And they already put the hooks in between her and the A-List Squad with Hanners.

I'm not happy about my own prediction.
Guys, I'm sorry. I didn't want it to be like this
Old 06-21-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
What do you suppose the next big QC conflict will be? Or the next big romantic pairing?
Oooo, asked and answered with today's strip, as it looks like Claire will get the full Padma story from Renee.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Oooo, asked and answered with today's strip, as it looks like Claire will get the full Padma story from Renee.
The story where Padma treated Martin like shit, then ignored him for over a week, then finally called and asked "Hey, I'm leaving tomorrow, want to see each other one last time?" and he replied No, people said he was the asshole?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:20 AM

Hell, granted QC-Verse time is all sorts of distorted but "dated before me" would be months before meeting Claire and certainly months more before Marten & Claire became a thing since she had her whole internship in there. The way it's phrased makes it sound as though Padma happened a week prior.

But, that aside, I agree that Marten doesn't have anything to feel bad about.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Maybe Marten's uncomfortable at the idea of a stinker like Renee dishing the dirt on one of his exes to his current squeeze. I know I would be.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Claire IS aware of Marten-Dora, right? (Darten?) That was one of the longest relationships in the entire strip.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Claire IS aware of Marten-Dora, right? (Darten?) That was one of the longest relationships in the entire strip.
Yes. Claire (whose father cheated on her mother) assumed that Dora cheated on Marten with Tai, and got very upset with the latter. "I don't take orders from homewreckers!"

Claire is also aware of Marten and Faye's early-stage relationship. Pintsize: "TL;DR: They wanted to bang, but didn't."
Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 PM

It was also covered in this strip.

That's a good point Ike. Renee is ridiculously loyal to her friends, so the story she tells will have an extremely pro-Padma slant.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoonthief View Post
The story where Padma treated Martin like shit, then ignored him for over a week, then finally called and asked "Hey, I'm leaving tomorrow, want to see each other one last time?" and he replied No, people said he was the asshole?
Quote:
I agree that Marten doesn't have anything to feel bad about.
I also agree. Marten has nothing to apologize for over his relationship with Padma. I was surprised when Jacques had other characters giving Marten grief over the quite understandable way he acted. Apparently, Marten is supposed to be a doormat and it's unreasonable for him to stand up for himself.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hell, granted QC-Verse time is all sorts of distorted but "dated before me" would be months before meeting Claire and certainly months more before Marten & Claire became a thing since she had her whole internship in there.
Actually, the timeline is the series is surprisingly consistent. I used to be one of the obsessive people who helped keep track of it on the QC Wiki. You could pinpoint events down to specific days and there were hardly ever contradictions.

But as I said, you have to be obsessive. Casual readers will miss this because Jacques will spend twenty-five strips following the events of a single day and then, without any acknowledgement of time passing, skip ahead a month in the next strip. So casual readers will sometimes feel like an event happened weeks ago when it was really only an hour ago in the strip's timeline and conversely, sometimes events that were separated by weeks in the story's timeline seem to happen one right after the other.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:15 PM

I just went back and re-read the Padma stuff, and while neither Marten nor Padma handled the situation particularly well, on the standards of relationship douchebaggery, I'd say it rates a 2 out of 10 on the scale. 3 at most.

On the other, dishing the dirt to your girlfriend about a past relationship? I'd say that's about a 7.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finagle View Post
I just went back and re-read the Padma stuff, and while neither Marten nor Padma handled the situation particularly well, on the standards of relationship douchebaggery, I'd say it rates a 2 out of 10 on the scale. 3 at most.

On the other, dishing the dirt to your girlfriend about a past relationship? I'd say that's about a 7.
Sounds about right for the way Renee was depicted back during the Padma story line, but she's been portrayed as much more sympathetic once Brun showed up.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist View Post
Sounds about right for the way Renee was depicted back during the Padma story line, but she's been portrayed as much more sympathetic once Brun showed up.
Except for her immediate assumption that Clinton, who had been nothing but kind and helpful to Brun, must have been a creep trying to take advantage of her.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoonthief View Post
Except for her immediate assumption that Clinton, who had been nothing but kind and helpful to Brun, must have been a creep trying to take advantage of her.
Ah, so we have Clinton to thank for Renee becoming more reasonable. Who'd have guessed?
Old 06-21-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finagle View Post

Well, yeah. Renee is an asshole. She's meaner than early Faye. She was so bad that Angus's friends celebrated when they broke up. She treats Brun like a baby, verbally abuses guys like Clinton who try to be nice to her just because she's scared, and sexually harasses her coworkers because she might be intrested in them.

What gets me is Claire's reaction. That face suggests she's mad at Marten, thinking he lied to her. And Marten made it quite clear that he wants to get away, so she's clearly assuming that Marten is trying to keep her from finding out. And then there's just the pettiness of needing details about past relationships, especially gossipy ones.

Everything we've seen from Marten and Claire makes it seem they have a pretty healthy, mature, and honest relationship. So Claire's reaction seems out of place.

I'm personally far more interested in Clinton and Elliot and Brun. And that's saying something.

Last edited by BigT; 06-21-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:43 PM

So I think that current Hannelore is my favorite Hannelore.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3636
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3637
Old 12-19-2017, 01:49 PM

Oh, yeah. Hanners hates her mother's treatment of other people and I can definitely see the way Mrs. Worthington-Cartwright-whatever is treating Taffy...er, Tilly...as a bargaining chip with Tilly's dad making Hanners furious, especially since her mother has made HER complicit by "assigning" Tilly to her.

Also: "She has the Voice!" "The Weirding Way!" may be the best offhand literary reference I've seen in this strip yet...

Last edited by jayjay; 12-19-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Also: "She has the Voice!" "The Weirding Way!" may be the best offhand literary reference I've seen in this strip yet...
I'll admit that I don't get it.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Rik View Post
I'll admit that I don't get it.
It's apparently a Dune reference.

I preferred to think of Hanners using "a voice of eldritch command" as used by Susan StoHelit (Terry Pratchett), but that is just my own mental picture.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:21 PM

Yes, Dune reference.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:58 AM

Hannelore has revealed in today's strip that she's gonna go away for awhile, do a little traveling, try to chill out and find herself. Should make for an interesting series of comics!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

I dunno. Steve sort of did that and he just vanished for a while and came back changed.

And my favorite Dune reference was Faye describing meeting Marten's mom as the 'Mom Jabbar'.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:35 AM

True; I hope they actually show it with Hannelore, in a series of comics, rather than a montage of secret-agent stuff like they did with Steve.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hannelore finds employment as a cigar roller in Tampa, Florida.

Hannelore takes cello lessons in Vienna and becomes a respected performer of the Brahms sonatas.

Hannelore becomes a surf bum in Tahiti.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hannelore has revealed in today's strip that she's gonna go away for awhile, do a little traveling, try to chill out and find herself. Should make for an interesting series of comics!
I realize she's a fictional character and she can do anything Jacques decides he wants her to do.

But this move is wildly inconsistent with the character. Are we seriously supposed to believe that Hannelore is going to be checking into hotels and using beds and showers that other people have used?
Old 01-06-2018, 04:56 AM
Charter Member

Why not? The PTSD brought on by her cathartic confrontation may have jarred something loose in her set of neuroses.

Like the way Raj Koothrapali was suddenly able to talk to women sober after his heart got broken.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Are we seriously supposed to believe that Hannelore is going to be checking into hotels and using beds and showers that other people have used?
1. Sure, why not.
2. She could always insist on new linens and such.
3. It's not unreasonable to think her family has apartments and townhouses throughout the world that she'll use.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:54 PM

Hanners has been confronting her fears all over the place. It's been part of her growth. She hugged someone twice in the same day just before this. She works at the Cafe doing dirty jobs. And technically any shower will be one other people have used. I'm sure she has some sort of cleaning ritual she thinks is good enough. (And, yes, of course she'll bring her own linens.)

One thing that really bugs a lot of people is that Marigold, who was basically Hanners' best friend, was not in on the conversation. People had hoped that maybe Hanners would be seen talking to her in person before leaving. Has Jeph forgotten she exists?

It wouldn't be the first time. His penchant for adding new characters and forgetting about old ones rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I'm pretty sure that's why he brought back Faye's sister. She's about the oldest character you could bring back. A lot of people apparently have even forgotten she existed.

Last edited by BigT; 01-06-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
It wouldn't be the first time. His penchant for adding new characters and forgetting about old ones rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I'm pretty sure that's why he brought back Faye's sister. She's about the oldest character you could bring back. A lot of people apparently have even forgotten she existed.
He could bring back Sara if she hadn't been eaten by an allosaurus.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:56 PM

Are Faye and her sister twins?
Old 01-16-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Nope, just sisters. Faye's sister is enough younger that Faye was changing her diapers. Melon is just weird.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
I'm fairly sure that Faye is the older sister.

But if someone was cloned, you would expect the clone to be younger, right?

ETA: Refreshes page checking for answers, composes answer, clicks reply... son of a bitch!

Last edited by Folly; 01-16-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Except she's still alive, as shown in a bonus comic on Patreon. And he only said he wouldn't bring back "Sarah," which is a character I am unfamiliar with.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
That incident appears to have failed to reach my long-term memory. Could you direct me to it, please?

TIA.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
That incident appears to have failed to reach my long-term memory. Could you direct me to it, please?

TIA.
It didn't happen on-panel. The character Sara stopped appearing in the strip because Jeph found her boring, and people wouldn't stop asking him about her. Eventually he made a joke that she couldn't return because she'd been eaten by an allosaurus.

Last edited by Rysto; 01-17-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysto View Post
It didn't happen on-panel. The character Sara stopped appearing in the strip because Jeph found her boring, and people wouldn't stop asking him about her. Eventually he made a joke that she couldn't return because she'd been eaten by an allosaurus.
A joke that still appears on the QC cast page.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:38 PM

It looks to me like Bubbles is mad at Faye. Maybe for accepting Melon's money?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
It looks to me like Bubbles is mad at Faye. Maybe for accepting Melon's money?
I think it's more likely to be issues raised by her conversation with Evie.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:23 AM

Yeah. Evie's complete inability to take a hint had her pissed before she had a chance to notice Melon's presence.