Old 01-22-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Gaza isn't occupied, it's besieged.

Occupied = troops on the inside.

Besieged = troops on the outside.

That's not a value judgement - just semantics.
Fine besieged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Comparing the Israelis to the Nazis is never any sort of mistake (honest or otherwise) in these sorts of debates. It's a pointed and purposeful comparison.
Oh the precious.

It is the example that came to mind to the stupid idea that there is some kind of free economic situation for the Gaza.

You can get over yourselves and the stupid insinuations.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramira View Post
I'm not sure what you think I'm insinuating. I thought I was being pretty clear: you were not making a mistake. You meant exactly what you said.

You seem to agree. What's the problem?

You're hardly the first person to compare the Israelis to the Nazis. You won't be the last. Maybe not even in this thread.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:44 AM

Yes I meant exactly that it is the example that came to mind as a illustration that just not having soldiers inside the walls is not freedom.

the pretensions about other meanings is just the typical preciousness.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 AM

Okie dokie.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Yes I meant exactly that it is the example that came to mind as a illustration that just not having soldiers inside the walls is not freedom.

the pretensions about other meanings is just the typical preciousness.
Are the Egyptians also like Nazis?
Old 01-22-2018, 11:44 AM

Are the sterile precious questions also boring like the other sterile questions?

No statement was made about anyone "being like the nazis" the only illustration was it is possible to be occupied or without the freedom even the soldiers are not inside of the walls.

Continue the boring insinuations...

Last edited by Ramira; 01-22-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Are the sterile precious questions also boring like the other sterile questions?

No statement was made about anyone "being like the nazis" the only illustration was it is possible to be occupied or without the freedom even the soldiers are not inside of the walls.

Continue the boring insinuations...
At the risk of boring you very much longer...

Quote:
Who controls its borders and controls literally every in and out movement of the goods and bans free flows?

The Israel

Whatever the reasons (and yes the Hamas generates many of its own), it remains an occuption in the same way that the Warsaw ghettoe was an occupation.

Yes, this tends to happen when you have what is in effect the prison colony economy where there is zero free flow of goods and the economy subsists very much on fucking tunnels dug into Egypt. Tunnels.
Please correct my misunderstanding of your "Warsaw ghetto[e]" statement.

I trust we do not need historical clarification of who was responsible for the Warsaw ghetto.

But, in whatever context your reference applies to Israel, does it not equally apply to Egypt?

Last edited by QuickSilver; 01-22-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
But, in whatever context your reference applies to Israel, does it not equally apply to Egypt?
So what if it does? Yes, Egypt is helping Israel with locking down the border. Why are you determined to get a "gotchya!"? Ramira has been perfectly ready to criticize Israel's neighbors before so wtf is your point?

Last edited by CarnalK; 01-22-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
At the risk of boring you very much longer...

Please correct my misunderstanding of your "Warsaw ghetto[e]" statement.

I trust we do not need historical clarification of who was responsible for the Warsaw ghetto.

Allah ya Rub.

Well yes it does apply to the Egypt

Where would you get the idea it does not?

Nothing I have ever said would suggest it does not. There was no statement about the actors.

It was the point of the non freedom without even the soldiers inside of the walls.

If the knees were not jerking so much to hit their own noses it would even be clear from what you quoted from what I posted that I put clearly blame on the HAMAS for contributing to this.

and since there is so much knee jerking and so much over reading, I will add to remove any doubt that no, there is no relationship between those in the Warsow ghettoe and the Hamas - that was also not meant in case anyone wants to try to invent that implication as a tortured way to knee jerk.

So there was and is no statement about anyone, not the Israelis, not the Hamas not the Egyptians "being like Nazis" but there is the statement that it is perfectly possible to bein the state of occupation unfreedom or to take Alessan's correction on a utilisation of the language, the Siege, without the soldiers inside the wall.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:28 PM

I can't help but think of how one book on the history of Israel which is seen as being extremely favorable to the Israelis is Connor Cruise O'Brien's The Siege: The Saga of Israel and Zionism.

https://www.amazon.com/Siege-Saga-Is...uise+o%27brien
Old 01-22-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnalK View Post
So what if it does? Yes, Egypt is helping Israel with locking down the border. Why are you determined to get a "gotchya!"? Ramira has been perfectly ready to criticize Israel's neighbors before so wtf is your point?
My point was to get Ramira to admit her erudite attempt at analogies happened to be inarticulate and insensitive. It took multiple tries by several posters to get her to grudgingly admit it. Even when she did, it comes across as being overly defensive.

I draw your attention to the earlier exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy
Is Gaza an occupation zone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramira
Of course it is.

Who controls its borders and controls literally every in and out movement of the goods and bans free flows?

The Israel

Whatever the reasons (and yes the Hamas generates many of its own), it remains an occuption in the same way that the Warsaw ghettoe was an occupation.
(bolding mine)

No mention of Egypt above. Yet, the subsequent denial:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramira
Well yes it does apply to the Egypt

Where would you get the idea it does not?

Nothing I have ever said would suggest it does not. There was no statement about the actors.
QED.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:47 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Moderating

Quote:
I shall quote from above ...
I note this was identified and acknowledged, but I want to offer a reminder to not change text inside the quote box. It's clear this was unintentional.

I'm looking through your responses in this thread and I've isolated a few:
Quote:
Gaza does not have plenty of choices. Be offended as you want with the selective preciousness.
Quote:
The USA and the ISrael did just fine with Terrorist leaders...

but maybe they are not the right skin color to fit your deep "analysis. "
Quote:
Oh the precious.

It is the example that came to mind to the stupid idea that there is some kind of free economic situation for the Gaza.

For the first, I may not be understanding the translation, but your uptick in use of the term "precious" and its derivations is clearly meant as a pejorative. Alone I might be inclined to give this a pass with just a notation.

For the second, however, the veneer is insufficient to avoid the obvious accusation of racism.

The third example, is jerkish hostility that is inseparable from insulting the poster. This is a warning for being a jerk. Dial back the hostility outside the Pit.

[/moderating]
Old 01-23-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
the third example, is jerkish hostility that is inseparable from insulting the poster. This is a warning for being a jerk. Dial back the hostility outside the Pit.[/moderating]
I know this is not ATMB, but I'd like to comment about this here, where it will be seen.
I am one of the posters Ramira seems to be insulting. I'm not happy about it, but I don't think she deserves a warning.Especially since English is not her first language. And I don't want her to get scared off of this site.

To Ramira: I strongly disagree with almost everything you post. But you often say something worth listening to. Please stay around, so we can keep arguing.

Last edited by chappachula; 01-23-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:43 PM

H.L. Mencken traveled in this part of the world back in the late 1920's. He wrote a book about these travels, and had an entire chapter describing the difference between the land occupied by Arabs and that occupied by Jews. He said it was striking - the Arab occupied areas were unbelievably backward, filthy, and poverty stricken, while the Jewish parts were prosperous, clean and modern. And this was written some ninety years ago (by a very astute reporter). The more things change the more they stay the same.

Last edited by Daylate; 01-23-2018 at 09:44 PM.