Old 05-07-2020, 02:09 PM

Woman who accused Fauci of sexual assault now says Trump supporters paid her to lie

And she has recorded evidence

Quote:
A woman who had accused Dr. Anthony Fauci of sexual assault now claims she was paid to lie about the public health expert by a pair of President Donald Trump’s supporters.

The woman says right-wing provocateur Jacob Wohl and his frequent accomplice Jack Burkman persuaded her to cast Fauci as the assailant using details from an actual sexual assault she survived just after high school, and they paid her to do it, reported Reason.

“The reality is that I’ve known Jacob since 2018 and that he charmed me into taking money to do this (see attached picture of us together),” said Diana Andrade in an email to the website. “[They also] had me do something like this…back in January.”

Andrade said she decided to abandon her claims and try to record incriminating evidence against the pair after Wohl asked her to find another woman to accuse Fauci of sexual assault — as they’ve done to former special counsel Robert Mueller and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA).
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/wom...id-her-to-lie/

“Let me tell you something, Diana. This guy shut the country down. He put 40 million people out of work. In a situation like that, you have to make up whatever you have to make up to stop that train and that’s the way life works, okay? That’s the way it goes.”

“Mother Nature has to clean the barn every so often. How real is it? Who knows? So what if 1 percent of the population goes? So what if you lose 400,000 people? 200,000 were elderly, the other 200,000 are the bottom of society. You got to clean out the barn. If it’s real, it’s a positive thing, for God’s sake.”

“What could be wrong, Diana? You did a good job, you got paid. What’s the problem? What seems to be the issue? You’re freaking out. You’re texting me late at night. What’s the issue?”
Old 05-07-2020, 02:18 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but one has to wonder whether Tara Reade might not be in the same boat.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:24 PM

Hopefully Fauci sues the pants of those guys.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:33 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Hopefully Fauci sues the pants of those guys.
Unless the pants have money in the pockets, he should sue the guys.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:18 PM

I honestly cannot remember the last scandal republicans have alleged that turned out to be true. Doubtless there are some, democrats are not saints either, but I am honestly trying to think of one and nothing comes to mind that turned out to be legit.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill
Old 05-07-2020, 03:43 PM

Woman who accused Fauci of sexual assault now says Trump supporters paid her to lie

Well I sure hope the gal who accepted money to try and bring down a decades long respected public servant had the decency, the moral upstandingness (!) to return the money. Man, I hope she didn't spend it on something. That's no way to take the high road.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post

Well I sure hope the gal who accepted money to try and bring down a decades long respected public servant had the decency, the moral upstandingness (!) to return the money. Man, I hope she didn't spend it on something. That's no way to take the high road.
What was the fucking point of this post?
Old 05-07-2020, 04:07 PM

My ex-wife, is that you?
Old 05-07-2020, 04:36 PM

Did anyone, at any point, take this claim seriously? These are the same two clowns who, among other things, tried to get a story going that Elizabeth Warren was having an affair with a 24-year-old, accusing Robert Mueller and Pete Buttigieg of sexual misconduct of some kind (can't remember), claiming some kind of birther shit about Kamala Harris, and all kinds of stupid bullshit.

Not only are they scammers and liars, they are singularly stupid and inept scammers and liars.

I'm guessing that even the foaming-at-the-mouth Fox types (like maybe Laura Ingraham or Jeanine Pirro) wouldn't repeat this bullshit, and that's why I never heard anything about it until this minute.

Also, the story seems to indicate that the woman involved accepted a significant amount of money for maligning Fauci. If that's true, I really, really hope she goes to prison. Along with Wohl, of course.

Last edited by Saintly Loser; 05-07-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
My ex-wife, is that you?
I guarantee You that she is still too busy undergoing shock therapy to try to erase the memory of your lives together to post here.

Was your point that someone who makes a false accusation for money is a bad person? No shit.

How about a political movement that pays false accusers? Don’t you think that’s the more pertinent issue?
Old 05-07-2020, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintly Loser View Post
Not only are they scammers and liars, they are singularly stupid and inept scammers and liars.
The plan probably isn't to be believed. It's probably to condition people to not trust any negative political rumors they hear. They make up lies about Democrats and hope that people will assume that anything they hear about Republicans are also lies.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:59 PM

Sarcasm does not reach you. Have a drink or something.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
The plan probably isn't to be believed. It's probably to condition people to not trust any negative political rumors they hear. They make up lies about Democrats and hope that people will assume that anything they hear about Republicans are also lies.
And people call me devious.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

Nobody calls you devious, you're just imagining things.

[/gaslight]
Old 05-07-2020, 06:20 PM

Republican scandals are either excusable or never happened in the first place. Democrat scandals demand vigorous investigation and prosecution, lest civilization fall.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:01 PM

Why aren't Republicans drowning under the weight of slander and libel lawsuits?

File 500 million dollar lawsuits anytime fox, gop operatives or gop politicians lie.

Last edited by Wesley Clark; 05-07-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Did anyone, at any point, take this claim seriously? These are the same two clowns who, among other things, tried to get a story going that Elizabeth Warren was having an affair with a 24-year-old, accusing Robert Mueller and Pete Buttigieg of sexual misconduct of some kind (can't remember), claiming some kind of birther shit about Kamala Harris, and all kinds of stupid bullshit.

I'm guessing that even the foaming-at-the-mouth Fox types (like maybe Laura Ingraham or Jeanine Pirro) wouldn't repeat this bullshit, and that's why I never heard anything about it until this minute.

Also, the story seems to indicate that the woman involved accepted a significant amount of money for maligning Fauci. If that's true, I really, really hope she goes to prison. Along with Wohl, of course.
I’ve got a theory about this.

IIRC, Robert Mueller was the first. The claim was particularly nasty and vicious, involving a brutal act of forcible rape. It got some attention at the time and Mueller actually made a statement denying it. Mueller also referred the matter to the FBI for investigation.

Then we never heard about any charges or legal actions, and this happened months before Barr became AG.

My theory was that these clowns made the excuse to the FBI that the accusation was never meant to be taken seriously and that they were engaging in some sort of performance art / political theater. And once they made that excuse, THEY HAD TO KEEP DOING IT. And they had to keep doing it in such an obviously inept manner that so no one would ever take anything they did seriously, ever. They’re doing it to stay out of jail.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 05-07-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Clark View Post
Why aren't Republicans drowning under the weight of slander and libel lawsuits?

File 500 million dollar lawsuits anytime fox, gop operatives or gop politicians lie.
Such things are near impossible to succeed against politicians and it costs the person suing money too. Money they lose with no upside when they lose the case.

IIRC FOX has been sued over this. They have their own legal staff they pay no matter what and are very practiced at these cases. You will lose and lose a lot of money trying.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill

Last edited by Whack-a-Mole; 05-07-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I’ve got a theory about this.

IIRC, Robert Mueller was the first. The claim was particularly nasty and vicious, involving a brutal act of forcible rape. It got some attention at the time and Mueller actually made a statement denying it. Mueller also referred the matter to the FBI for investigation.

Then we never heard about any charges or legal actions, and this happened months before Barr became AG.

My theory was that these clowns made the excuse to the FBI that the accusation was never meant to be taken seriously and that they were engaging in some sort of performance art / political theater. And once they made that excuse, THEY HAD TO KEEP DOING IT. And they had to keep doing it in such an obviously inept manner that so no one would ever take anything they did seriously, ever. They’re doing it to stay out of jail.
Once money is exchanged for a false accusation then law enforcement should step in. Maybe the previous accused of this hoax (Mueller, Buttigieg, Warren) had willing partners doing it for nothing but political gain. This girl took money to defame a public official. Lock them up and set a precedent that this shit destroys innocent lives and hurts real survivors of sexual abuse.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
IIRC FOX has been sued over this. They have their own legal staff they pay no matter what and are very practiced at these cases. You will lose and lose a lot of money trying.
A lawsuit shouldn't be necessary when someone admits it out loud. False reporting and conspiracy to create a false report are crimes. The case is pretty much open and shut.

And then, while not necessary, it should be easy to get a civil court win when you have a full on conviction for the thing you're being sued for.

No, the issue is that this is, ironically, another situation where rape accusations are not being taken seriously like they should be. The damage they do to the real victims doesn't matter. It's being treated like making up rape accusations to try and stop your political opponent is perfectly acceptable.

And, yes, I agree that part of the purpose is to undermine actual accusations. Rationally, the fact that they get discovered so easily should, if anything, undermine that belief, but they are directly working with people's preexisting biases.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:47 PM

"Cleaning out the barn?" WTF kind of statement is THAT?

Oh, yeah, one made by a right-winger, and probably one who calls himself pro-life.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I knew before I opened the thread that it had to be Wohl and Burkman. Literally 2 of the dumbest 'political operatives' around. At some point they are going to piss off the wrong people and pay a heavy price - that day can't come soon enough.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:15 AM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Did anyone, at any point, take this claim seriously?
Apparently not, considering how difficult it is to find a news report about her claim. Could you link to an article about the original claim? I must have completely missed it. The only thing I can find now are articles about the woman retracting her claim, but I can't find anything about the claim itself.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Nenno View Post
Apparently not, considering how difficult it is to find a news report about her claim. Could you link to an article about the original claim? I must have completely missed it. The only thing I can find now are articles about the woman retracting her claim, but I can't find anything about the claim itself.
I found one! Literally. Just one. I ran a date limited search that filtered out results dated after May 1st.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/dr-fa...exual-assualt/

This news outlet received a press release containing the details of the allegation around April 20th. They were clear that the accusation had absolutely no credibility and the people and companies referenced “didn’t seem to exist”. The gist of the blurb they ran on April 20th was “Someone is trying to run a smear campaign against Fauci”, not “Fauci accused of assault”

I guess the thousands of other news outlets that received that press release just completely ignored it. They must get lots of crap like this that they have to weed through.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 05-08-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boycott View Post
Once money is exchanged for a false accusation then law enforcement should step in. Maybe the previous accused of this hoax (Mueller, Buttigieg, Warren) had willing partners doing it for nothing but political gain. This girl took money to defame a public official. Lock them up and set a precedent that this shit destroys innocent lives and hurts real survivors of sexual abuse.
Honest question:

Is there a law that was actually broken? She didn't report it to the authorities so you can't file it under making a fake report. If it was illegal to pay someone to make false statements, half of the right wing media would be in jail. This may fall into that annoying category of "that's gotta be illegal" without actually being so.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Yeah, because these are the same people who, the next time some allegations come forth against somebody on their side, are going to try deflecting it by basically insinuating that, well, people get paid to say stuff like this all the time, so can we really believe that... It's a near perfect lowlife tactic: either you get your mud to stick---that's a win. Or, you create a precedent for this sort of mud-slinging you can use to discredit legitimate claims in the future.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:27 AM

Dr. Fauci is probably regretting being so public a face of the scientific effort to counteract Covid-19, seeing as how so many nefarious characters and loons are coming out of the woodwork in an attempt to discredit him.

The worst example is Judy Mikovits, a disgraced former researcher, who's promoting bizarre accusations against Fauci as well as nutty claims about coronavirus (didja know that wearing a mask makes it more likely that you'll be infected? You didn't? Sheeple!!).

"In “Plandemic,” Mikovits (claims) that the coronavirus was somehow cooked up in collusion between United States government labs and Chinese researchers. A narrator voice-over suggests Fauci was somehow involved in the scheme.

A Health and Human Services spokesman who represents Fauci declined to comment to The Daily Beast. But in 2018, Fauci addressed Mikovits’s claims in an email to debunking website Snopes, denying her accusations and saying he had found no proof of the supposed email where he threatened to have her arrested.

“I have no idea what she is talking about,” Fauci wrote.

Still, Mikovits’s grudge against Fauci has been embraced in the coronavirus era by Trump fans and coronavirus truthers, who reject the doctor’s dire pronouncements about the virus."

The Mikovits "documentary" which has become wildly popular on social media (until They suppressed it) emerged at the same time as publication of her latest book, which supposedly is selling like hotcakes on Amazon.

More info here (the comments alone will make you despair of humanity).
Old 05-08-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
More info here (the comments alone will make you despair of humanity).
Well, I was sorta looking for an excuse to drink heavily tonight... So, that'll do.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:

Right after you have a vat of Malmsey. If this thread isn't for you, have you asked yourself why you should be hear throwing up all over it? Is this some kind of Boof?
Old 05-08-2020, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk28 View Post
What was the fucking point of this post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk28 View Post
I guarantee You that she is still too busy undergoing shock therapy to try to erase the memory of your lives together to post here.

Was your point that someone who makes a false accusation for money is a bad person? No shit.

How about a political movement that pays false accusers? Don’t you think that’s the more pertinent issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Super Hero View Post
Right after you have a vat of Malmsey. If this thread isn't for you, have you asked yourself why you should be hear throwing up all over it? Is this some kind of Boof?
Ho-lee shit.

Are there actual Dopers who thought bobot's post was serious (in the sense of prioritizing a need for Diana Andrade to return the money to Wohl and Burkman)?

I need a drink.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

This thread was what I expected until madmonk pulled a trident out of his jacket and killed a guy.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
It's okay, man. I had one for him. And then one for you. We're all good here, I think. Now, I'm gonna have one for me.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Exactly right. I've always thought there should be a corollary to Gresham's Law, which is bad money drives out good. I've seen Gresham's Law in action during my own lifetime, when the coins in the US switched from mostly silver to mostly copper. Silver coins disappeared like Keyser Soze.

Bad information drives out good. They spew so much nonsense and disinformation and outright lies out there that people throw up their hands and don't know what to believe, so they believe nothing. The signal to noise ratio is all skewed to the noise side. That's the whole aim of the plan, to convince people that nothing can be trusted, nothing can be relied upon.

It works pretty well, the depressed voting rates demonstrates that.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
It's being treated like making up rape accusations to try and stop your political opponent is perfectly acceptable.
So is extortion of the President of a foreign country that is desperate for military aid.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I found one! Literally. Just one. I ran a date limited search that filtered out results dated after May 1st.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/dr-fa...exual-assualt/

This news outlet received a press release containing the details of the allegation around April 20th. They were clear that the accusation had absolutely no credibility and the people and companies referenced “didn’t seem to exist”. The gist of the blurb they ran on April 20th was “Someone is trying to run a smear campaign against Fauci”, not “Fauci accused of assault”

I guess the thousands of other news outlets that received that press release just completely ignored it. They must get lots of crap like this that they have to weed through.

You missed the best part. The reporter clearly thought this sounded like some Jacob Wohl BS, and actually got him on record denying he had anything to do with it.

Quote:
Given the nature of the allegation and his history, the Daily Dot contacted far-right pundit Jacob Wohl to ask if he knew anything about it. Wohl has previously been involved with leveling often far-fetched sexual allegations against various individuals Republicans consider their enemies: Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Pete Buttigieg, and Robert Mueller. Each allegation was later resoundingly discredited.

And, believe it or not, the narrative gets even better after that. Everyone should read this article!
Old 05-09-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
You missed the best part. The reporter clearly thought this sounded like some Jacob Wohl BS, and actually got him on record denying he had anything to do with it.

And, believe it or not, the narrative gets even better after that. Everyone should read this article!
Yeah, I was going to go back and edit the post to add that, but the board timed out. By the time I could get back in the edit window was long closed and I had moved on to other things.

Thanks. The article really is a hoot. Date limited searches are the best, they are great for finding background on current events,

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 05-09-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
I need a drink.
Dehydration is nothing to joke about. Have that drink, then another to wash down the first.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
A lawsuit shouldn't be necessary when someone admits it out loud. False reporting and conspiracy to create a false report are crimes. The case is pretty much open and shut.
Depends what you mean by "reporting."

Making a false police report is indeed a crime. Did the woman in question actually make a report to the police? Did the two assholes in question conspire or pay her to do that? None of the stories I've read suggest that a police report was filed accusing Fauci of sexual assault.

So far, it seems that this is just a public accusation. False reporting, in this sense, is not a crime. if it's defamatory, it can be a tort, but is generally not a criminal offense.