Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Online Tupperware Party!!

I have recently become a Tupperware consultant. I'm doing this to help my boyfriend pay the bills (he's supporting me while I'm in college) and to help pay for my textbooks. Of course there's also the fact that I love Tupperware!

If you would like to buy some Tupperware, there are 3 ways you can do it (well, 4 really but one of them doesn't help me too!).

1. If you live near me (MA but close to CT and RI too), you can have a typical Tupperware party at your house and I'll come to run the show. As a host, you will earn free items and half price items and bonus items based on how much your guests buy and whether or not they book parties themselves. It's entirely possible that you could get those one or two things you really want without forking over a dime!

2. Have an online party! I can set up an online party, with you as the host. Again, you benefit from the purchases your "guests" make but you don't have to clean your house or buy snacks. Everyone purchases from a specific link which goes directly to your party and not the generic Tupperware site.

3. If you want just one or two things and have no interest in hosting a party, live or otherwise, I can set up my own online party and give you the link and you can get what you want that way. This way doesn't give you host benefits like free items or half off items but it also saves you from having to wrangle your friends to your party. This way also benefits me because I'll still be the consultant and will still get my commission.

4. You can go to Tupperware.com and shop there. This way is easy and fast but doesn't benefit me in any way so of course I'd prefer you didn't do this . Seriously though, Tupperware is awesome and if you want to buy it this way, go for it!

If you have any questions about any of the cool products, how hosting a party works, or becoming a consultant, let me know! I'll be glad to pass along the info!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Retired Straight Dope Staff
Charter Member

Can you host a Doper party? Kind of like option 3, but linked through the Marketplace thread? Or someone (not me!) could play online host?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Embracing the Suck
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTowerDenizen View Post
Can you host a Doper party? Kind of like option 3, but linked through the Marketplace thread? Or someone (not me!) could play online host?
That is actually a pretty good idea, though i don't know how it would work logistically.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:24 PM

I did some research on the logistics of it.

Here's what happens:

I set up a TupperConnect party, which provides an online portion. People place their orders online and their purchases go directly to their house, instead of to the host's house.

The problem with doing it like that is that the host will only get credit for the online sales if the non-online sales reach $150. So, if someone wants to host one, they'd be best served by getting a few friends or family to place non-online orders.

But, for a Doper party, I could set myself as host and we could do it as online orders only. Since there wouldn't be any offline orders, there would be no host credits but since I'm the consultant, I'd still get my commission.

But, if someone wants to host a Doper party and knows that they'll be buying at least $150 worth of stuff before getting their host credits, they could place their order offline and then wait for the credits to come rolling in (the credits would go for additional items, not the initial purchases).

Does that make sense?

So, to translate - the easiest way would for me to be the host because I'm not concerned about the host credits. Then all orders could be placed online, payment would be online, and shipping would go directly to their house.

Last edited by congodwarf; 06-03-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:27 PM

Doper tupperware party!!

Welcome to the first Doper Tupperware Party!! I am your host and consultant so feel free to ask me any questions related to Tupperware (you can ask other random questions too but I can't guarantee factual answers).

So, here's how this works,

1. Click the link. It will take you to the online portion of my Tupperware party.
2. Look through the catalog and see all the cool things we have to offer.
3. Add some stuff to your cart.
4. Check out.
5. Wait for it to arrive on your doorstep!!
(for some odd reason known only to the Tupperware higher ups, you can only order once so make sure you're sure you're done before checking out)

Link to the party!!

So, have fun, stuff yourself on calorie free virtual snacks and drinks, and spend some money!

To help get you started, here are my top 3 favorite products:

1. Saucy Silicon Spatula. First of all, it's green. I love green. Second, it's the best quality spatula I've ever owned. I no longer use my crappy spatulas. If I need 2 or 3, I just use this one and keep washing it. I actually just ordered 3 more, bringing my total to 4. As soon as they get here, every other spatula in my house will get thrown away.

2. Tupperwave stack cooker I only have the starter for this and actually the only thing I've ever used is the casserole dish. I love this so much because I can use it to make a cake in 13 minutes, from start to finish (including cleaning up). It's kinda like a lava cake and the frosting actually cooks into and on the cake so it's super moist, packed with flavor, and only gets better after sitting on the counter for 3 days (the glazy frosting turns into what feels and tastes like frosting candy). I've never used it to cook real food and it's possible I never will but it's totally worth it for the cake.

3. Quick Chef pro Ok, this one is super cool and for various reasons. I use the mixer attachment for mixing the cake batter for the cakes I make in the stack cooker (technically you're not supposed to fill it that much but I do and it works perfectly). I use the salad spinner attachment for drying off the rinsed sauerkraut so my boyfriend can make lazy pirogi. I use the blade attachment to slice open my finger.

Kidding.

Well, not really. I did slice open my finger on it because it's wicked sharp so be careful if you buy it. I actually haven't needed to chop anything since I got it so all I do is move the blade around in the cabinet while I go after the other attachments. However, I have seen the blade in action and it work amazingly well. My favorite part about this thing is that it requires no electricity so if we lose power again and I'm cooking in my fireplace again, I can still have nicely prepared veggies, without having to risk my fingers by chopping by candlelight.

So, what are your favorites? What do you wish you had in your cabinets?

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that this party will end on Thursday, June 28 so you have plenty of time to decide what you want.

Now for the fine print.....

1) I have asked and received permission from Rico to post the announcement in the MPSIMS

2) Rico asked me to post this from the SDMB rules:

"The administrators and moderators of the SDMB, are not responsible for anything associated with any real life meeting of our members. While we permit SDMB users to post announcements and other discussion of meetings and events on the Straight Dope Message Board, we don't organize, sponsor, endorse, approve, or have any formal association with such events or any activities that may occur at them. We don't vouch for any individual or group organizing or participating in an event. Attend at your own risk. We encourage all attendees at these events to obey the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are held."

Last edited by congodwarf; 06-03-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

Yay! Can't wait to look at the catalog.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:45 PM

So, we've had a review of my top 3 favorites, good gifts for college students, a review of the egg maker, and a lesson on bowls.

Now I'm going to talk about my #4 favorite. I'm sure it will make it into the top 3 but I haven't actually needed to use it yet. I keep trying to make lots of leftovers but the one of these containers that I have is too big. I'm waiting for the full set to arrive so I can play with the smaller bowls.

I am, of course, referring to the Stuffables. There are two different sets, one with larger containers and one with smaller containers.

The absolutely awesome thing about these bowls is that the lids stretch. I don't know about you guys but I SUCK at finding the proper size bowl the first time. I always end up needing the next size up from the one I picked and it's seriously annoying.

Since the Stuffables lids stretch, you can overfill the bowl or pack it with strange shaped food, secure in the knowledge that the lid will still fit!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Now that I've gotten around to eating my cherries, I can give a report on the Fridge Smart containers.

The deal with these containers is that produce needs certain conditions in order to survive long enough for slow people (like me) to finish eating them. My boyfriend gets really annoyed when I buy fruit and veg because he knows that there's a pretty good chance that at least half of it will go bad before I get to it.

The Fridge Smart containers are designed to help alleviate this problem. The ridges on the bottom of the containers keep the produce lifted above any water that may collect (and would normally hasten the rotting process). Also, the containers have two little buttons on the side, and a guide. The buttons either stay closed, one open, or both open, depending on how much air circulation each type of produce needs. The guides on the side of each container tell which items require each button setting.

So, after my Tupperware party last week, I put the leftover produce in my Fridge Smart containers. I'm not impressed with the fact that the carrots are still good because carrots always last a long time. I am, however, impressed with the green beans and the cherries. Usually 5-7 days is the limit in my fridge for cherries and green beans before they are gross and squishy and get thrown away.

Well, I just checked the green beans and they're just as crispy and not slimy as they were last week.

The cherries have me particularly impressed. There were no inedible cherries in the container when I went to eat them 20 minutes ago. They were all still crisp and juicy and delicious.

The strawberries and watermelon only lasted 5 days but that's because they were all eaten by the 5th day. But, on that 5th day, they were all still just as good as they were on day one.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Last Chance Items!

These three items are almost out of stock and they're on sale (over 30% and 40% off!)

Four piece counter-top canister set with flowers and windows. If you have a flower theme or you just need canisters, this set is a great deal. It's currently on sale for only $29.99 and this is an online exclusive so they can't be purchased at this price at a home party.

Four piece counter-top canister set with flowers and hearts. This one is an even better deal because it has the same number of canisters but only costs $24.99! Again, this is an online exclusive and isn't available at home parties.

Four piece space-makers storage containers. This set has 2 different sizes, two of each size, of stack-able containers for minimizing space use. This set is $23.99 and is also an online exclusive!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 PM

I feel the need to apologize for all the !!!!!

I'm really not this annoyingly hyper. My director is the most hyper and happy person I've ever talked to and every time I listen to a message she has left, or read an email she has sent, I find myself suffering from a !!!! plague for a few hours.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM

Can I browse the catalog but not order during the session? I'm prompted for a user name and password but don't want to do that til I'm ready to order?

You are forgiven for the plethora of !!!!!!!! (elebentyone!)
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM

Absolutely! Browse away!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:57 PM

I got a delivery today!!!

And I'm wicked excited. Not only did I get 3 more of the awesome spatulas and 6 more stuffables bowls, I finally got my dang pickle picker.

I love pickles and pickled beets. I hate the jars they come in. I hate pickle forks. I hate when I almost have a particularly big beet out of the jar and then it hits the side and falls of the fork. So, as you can probably imagine, I was very excited to find out that I was getting a free Pick-a-Deli after hosting a party last week.

Sealed, with 1.5 jars of pickles in it.

Pull up the handle and the pickles are ready for picking!!

Oh yeah, I also thought you might like to see a picture of one of the 13 minute microwave cakes that I made with the stack cooker.

Lemon/lemon cake. This one is so pretty but you really have to like lemon to eat it. I'd suggest vanilla frosting instead of lemon.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 PM

Update on the Pasta Cooker

My mom and I just experimented with the microwave pasta cooker that I got my stepdad for his birthday.

We used angel hair pasta and it worked exactly as advertised. I think he's really going to like being able to have pasta again, regardless of their lack of a functioning stove!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM

I had a request to post the lemon cake picture again because it wasn't coming up properly.

So, here's the lemon cake again.

Lemony goodness

In addition, here's a Swiss Chocolate cake with Double Chocolate Chip frosting which I just made for my dog trainer.

Chocolate cake!
The way this cake is made is to make the mix like normal. The bottom portion of the stack cooker gets a light spray with cooking spray and then the frosting is piled right in the center. The mix is poured around the frosting. The whole thing goes in the microwave for 8 or 9 minutes. When it comes out and cools slightly, you just flop it over onto a serving dish. The whole top (formerly the bottom) will be covered with oozy frosting and it runs down the sides and even cooks into the cake.

And here are better pictures of the pickle picker (which is actually not called that but I can't seem to stop calling it that).
Pickles sitting in the juice while the elevator is all the way down

The elevator slides up (there are notches to keep it properly aligned) and the pickles come out of the juice for easy picking
Old 06-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Sneak preview = free stuff!!!

I just found out about this yesterday! I had to find out how to enter the orders before telling you guys about it though so forgive me for the day delay!

The Tupperware Impressions are going through a color change, effective July 1. But, they're doing a sneak preview from yesterday until the 22nd.

****To get in on this sale, you MUST place an order directly with me, not online - this can be done through check, money order, paypal, or credit card****

The 4 sets/items on the top of this flyer are currently BOGO! (buy one, get one free for you non Payless shoppers).

You don't have to buy all 4 items/sets to get them free. You can buy one pitcher and get a pitcher free. Or you can buy the plates and get plates free. You can get plates and a pitcher and get plates and a pitcher free.

BUT!!!

If you buy one of each of the 4 sets/items at the top of the flyer, you will get one of each free AND you will get a free Chip 'n Dip set (bottom half of the page)

What this means is that for $98 (About $120 with shipping and tax) - you will get:

2 Pitchers
8 Tumblers
8 Snack Cups
8 Plates
1 Chip 'n Dip set (includes bowl/lid-platter/2 dip bowls)

The actual cost of those items is $241 so you'd save $143 and you'd be all prepared to host a July 4 party!

Now, the orders for this sale MUST be submitted and finalized by the 22nd. So, if you want it, you MUST let me know and arrange payment so I receive it and have time to submit by the 21st (just to be on the safe side).

This is the actual flyer (link goes to google document -- anyone with the link should be able to see it)

Sale Flyer
Old 06-11-2012, 04:54 PM

I've searched the Tupperware site, and I can't find what I'm looking for. Do they still make lettuce crispers?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:07 PM

I had to call support to find the answer for that one. I remember those crispers from when I was younger and I was positive they aren't in the catalog but wasn't sure if they were still available.

So, here's the answer:

1. No, the old fashioned lettuce crispers aren't available any more.
2. The FridgeSmart Large Round is the replacement for the original crispers.

I hope that helps!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by congodwarf View Post
I had to call support to find the answer for that one. I remember those crispers from when I was younger and I was positive they aren't in the catalog but wasn't sure if they were still available.

So, here's the answer:

1. No, the old fashioned lettuce crispers aren't available any more.
2. The FridgeSmart Large Round is the replacement for the original crispers.

I hope that helps!
Thanks much for the info.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Update on the bogo offers!!

It seems that I was misinformed, which is good news for everyone else! The BoGo offers I mentioned earlier ARE available online! This means you don't have to send me money for offline orders.

However, the June 22 deadline does still exist so if you want to order these, you must do it before the 22nd!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Charter Member

Great!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

I've put somethings into my shopping cart (the BOGO snack cups, the egg cooker and pack of two soup mugs), but I want to be sure you get the credit when I order. I followed the link from the earlier post- should I look for something that says for sure it's your party?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 AM

Does it say TupperConnect Party?

AT the top, where all the little links are (starting with My Account), does one of them say Visit Claryn Heath. Oh, and I don't know how your browser does it but my Tab actually says Claryn's TupperConnect Party.

Thanks Soapy!
Old 06-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Does it say TupperConnect Party?

AT the top, where all the little links are (starting with My Account), does one of them say Visit Claryn Heath. Oh, and I don't know how your browser does it but my Tab actually says Claryn's TupperConnect Party.

Thanks Soapy!
No, it doesn't. hmmm....
Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM

A question about Tupperware's replacement policy: I know they have a lifetime warranty against cracking, chipping or breaking. In fact I've taken advantage of it twice now, sending broken or cracked items to Tupperware, and getting shiny new replacements in the mail - yay!

However, the replacements have been the current model or an equivalent product, i.e., I've sent broken old-style commuter mug lids and gotten new-style commuter mugs in return. And I'm not complaining! But now my beloved salad dressing container (circa 1988) has cracked its lid, and that style is long discontinued. Is there any way to get an actual replacement lid (short of hoping to find it on ebay), rather than the new style of salad dressing container (the Quick Shake thingy)? The container is perfectly fine, I just need a new lid. Am I out of luck?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Hey Paula View Post
However, the replacements have been the current model or an equivalent product, i.e., I've sent broken old-style commuter mug lids and gotten new-style commuter mugs in return. And I'm not complaining! But now my beloved salad dressing container (circa 1988) has cracked its lid, and that style is long discontinued. Is there any way to get an actual replacement lid (short of hoping to find it on ebay), rather than the new style of salad dressing container (the Quick Shake thingy)? The container is perfectly fine, I just need a new lid. Am I out of luck?

Is this the one you have? I can call to find out if we can replace the lid but I want to make sure I know which one I'm talking about.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 PM

I tried to look at the lid for the mold number, but it's so small i couldn't make it out, all I can tell is that it ends in -4.

Oh, and that egg cooker thingy looks awesome!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Paula - I looked through the obsolete parts and can't find that (the whole thing or just the lid). I'm thinking that if you want to stay with the same style, eBay is your best bet. The good news is that they don't seem particularly expensive on eBay.

Antigen and anyone else having issues - is the link working for you now?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Paula

Tupperware Sweet Savor with measurement markings and terracotta top. It's at $4 and ends in 5 hours. I've seen it spelled Savor and Saver so if you look for it again, try both ways and you'll get different hits.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Paula - I looked through the obsolete parts and can't find that (the whole thing or just the lid). I'm thinking that if you want to stay with the same style, eBay is your best bet. The good news is that they don't seem particularly expensive on eBay.

Antigen and anyone else having issues - is the link working for you now?

Thanks, I didn't see your message until the auction had ended but I'll keep looking. And I plan to place an order through your party this weekend - I want one of those egg cookers!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

Done - hopefully it worked to give you credit! It was a large-ish order (I needed a lot of stuff to organize the pantry).
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM

Mama Zappa can you PM me the order confirmation number?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Mama Zappa can you PM me the order confirmation number?
I just emailed the email confirmation to the address in your profile, figured it couldn't hurt to have the whole message.

I hope they gave you credit - it's all stuff I need, but I might not have gotten so much right now otherwise.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Well, this has been an awesome experience! You ladies have been great and I truly appreciate your orders. Not only will I be getting my normal commission percentage, your orders qualified me for a bonus! That money is going to be stashed away until September so I can pay my $46 financial aid shortage and buy a textbook. Now I just need to save enough from my regular job and more parties so that I can afford books for the other 4 classes.

I'll be closing this party within the next hour or so but don't worry! You can still place orders through my site (see my signature) any time whether there's an ongoing party or not!

If any one is in MA, RI, CT, or Southern VT or NH and you want to host a party, I'd love to be your consultant! Hosts get bonuses of free and half price stuff, based on what their guests order. It's a great way to get some of the more expensive items on your wish list.

If anyone has any questions about anything, you can contact me by email, PM, or through my Tupperware site or this thread. I wont be abandoning it just because the party's over!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 PM

Humm - I'm trying to order but it doesn't like that I'm in Canada - do you know of a work around for this?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Which is better- Crystal Wave or vent and Serve? I'm deciding between two microwave coup mugs.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 AM

Soapy - I would go for Vent and Serve. The hard clear plastic is much more resistant to tomato staining than the regular plastic. I've also never used the CrystalWave so I don't know if they stay cool during cooking but the Vent and Serve definitely does. You can take it right out of the microwave right after cooking with no problem at all.

Alice - I just sent an email to my director to see if there's a solution (I'm wondering if it's the money and shipping they don't like or just the shipping. If it's just the shipping, we can work around it.)
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Cool! Thanks!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 AM

You're welcome. By the way, if you look in Online Exclusives, there's a Vent and Serve set of 2 that's not much more expensive than the single.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:21 AM

Is it possible to buy just a lid? My husband melted the lid of one of our modular mates tubs, and now my sugar is sad and uncovered.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM

Do you know which one it was?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

I just ordered. Please make sure it credited you!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Can you PM me your confirmation number? Looks like I might have to contact support again. I had thought the problem was my fault but my issue is cleared up. I hope they can tell me why its doing this.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Done
Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks. I sent another email. I hope they can explain what the problem is instead of just fixing it. This is mildly annoying.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

Any guidance on how much spaghetti the Modular Mates spaghetti dispenser holds? It just lists a volume figure, which is annoying. We tend to buy our spaghetti in 3-pound boxes and I don't think this would do the job.

That's actually a major failing of the website: for their storage stuff, they don't give hints of how much food something would hold. A liter/cup measurement is better than nothing, but for example I have no idea how many cups of flour are in a regular 5 pound bag, I just know it fits - just barely - in my Square 3. It would be nice if they listed the volume, and "holds 2 pounds of dried beans" or "holds a 10 pound bag of rice" or whatever. So if you have the opportunity to make a suggestion to the folks "upstairs", pass that on.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 PM

Soapy - I think it just took a while to show up because it's there now. Thank you!!

Mama Zappa - a square 3 holds 17 cups so there should be more than enough room for a 5 pound bag of flour (there are two cups in a pound so 10 cups in a 5 pound bag). I suspect that it's a poof thing when you transplant the flour from the tightly packed bag to the container. Try putting the lid on and banging it on the counter to release trapped air. You should be able to fit more flour that way.

I did some searching online and found a review of the spaghetti dispenser which says that it holds up to 2 pounds of spaghetti. This sounds about right since a box is typically one pound so two pounds would be 4 cups and the capacity of the dispenser is 4-3/4 cups. So just make sure you use up a pound of spaghetti every time you open a 3 pound box.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Order placed last night - I can't wait to get my egg cooker!

And re Crystalwave v. Vent n Serve: Never used the Vent n Serve, but we love the Crystalwave line at our house, especially the soup mugs. I have half a dozen of them now. My husband has a disability which makes it hard to hold things, and he loves that they are lightweight and have a handle. He doesn't really heat foods up in them, but he uses them to eat cereal and other things as well as soup. Plus they won't break when he drops them! I also use them as prep bowls when making stuff like veggie stir fry.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Soapy - I think it just took a while to show up because it's there now. Thank you!!

Mama Zappa - a square 3 holds 17 cups so there should be more than enough room for a 5 pound bag of flour (there are two cups in a pound so 10 cups in a 5 pound bag). I suspect that it's a poof thing when you transplant the flour from the tightly packed bag to the container. Try putting the lid on and banging it on the counter to release trapped air. You should be able to fit more flour that way.

I did some searching online and found a review of the spaghetti dispenser which says that it holds up to 2 pounds of spaghetti. This sounds about right since a box is typically one pound so two pounds would be 4 cups and the capacity of the dispenser is 4-3/4 cups. So just make sure you use up a pound of spaghetti every time you open a 3 pound box.
LOL! We can't guarantee we'd do that, unfortunately. Oh well. We actually have an older spaghetti keeper - the kind with the pushbutton lid (that matches those pitchers - do they still sell those? we had 2, and the pushbuttons somehow BOTH fell into the garbage disposal and got slightly chewed). If the newer one did a better job of holding a full box of pasta, I might go for it. As it is, we want to be able to transfer our spaghetti to the holder as soon as it comes into the house (due to the pantry moth problem that is prompting this whole Modular Mates binge).

A cute story from when I bought that spaghetti keeper: it was in 1983 or so. A co-worker had a tupperware party and I ordered some stuff, which she brought into the office. While handing it over, she commented "huh. We never have spaghetti around that long". Another person chimed in, without missing a beat, "that's funny - ours COMES that long".

Our pantry, right now, looks so EMPTY. Part of that is putting all the stuff we're keeping into the containers, which do get rid of a lot of wasted space. And part is that we've done a lot of throwing out of old and/or potentially infested stuff. If the box was *dusty*, we figured it needed to go!!

I know the square 3 will fit a whole bag of flour, as I've been using them for that for 20+ years . I do have to tap the container down a little bit to make things settle, especially if there's still flour left when I add more. I think I'm going to get a couple rectangle 2s (18 vs 17 cup capacity), both for the added "wiggle room" and the fact that I can stack two of those on my shelves (or put one on top of the rectangle 3 where I keep rice - my shelves are fixed and I've found they just handle 5-tall Modular Mates.

But anyway, my point there was that when we're trying to figure out container sizes, it'd be nice if the web page had hints of common food items that would fit - like the bag of flour, or my 10 pound bag of rice that fits into the rectangle 3.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Huh: answering my own grumble about storage:
http://order.tupperware.com/coe-pdf/...rage-chart.pdf

That was on the search results when I just typed "modular mates" into their search bar, it was near the bottom and had a circular kind of icon.
Closed Thread