Old 06-07-2019, 03:55 PM

Only “many”?
Old 06-08-2019, 06:59 AM

Well in York County, PA, they don't just kill you; they take your organs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vet-...spected-2019-6

Quote:
When Palmer's body was returned to the family, his brain, heart, and throat were all missing, and authorities weren't particularly forthcoming on the details of where they went.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:02 PM

A Sheriff's Deputy Allegedly Filmed A Mother Sexually Abusing Her 1-Year-Old Son As Part Of His "Fantasy"

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...l-abuse-infant

Can we please just use two bullets and be done with this? WTF is wrong with people?
Old 06-10-2019, 04:16 PM

Not a single incident, true, but let's go to Missouri anyway:
Quote:
A report from Missouri’s attorney general shows that black drivers across the state are 91% more likely than white motorists to be pulled over by police and newly collected data shows that African-Americans are even more likely to be stopped in many communities where they live.

The Attorney General’s Office for the first time last year collected data on whether people pulled over by police lived in the area or not. That’s significant because law enforcement organizations for years have said that if drivers of color from out of town are pulled over as they commute through a city with a large white population that could skew a local police agency’s data to make the disparity rate artificially high.

While that appears to be the case in some jurisdictions, the numbers show the disparity is sometimes actually higher when comparing arrests of only resident white and black drivers.
Quote:
For example, St. Louis County police were 80% more likely to stop black drivers compared to white drivers, when analyzing the total number of police stops. But when only comparing St. Louis County drivers, data show black drivers were more than twice as likely to be pulled over.

In the Kansas City-area city of Blue Springs, which is 87% white based on 2010 census data and close to Interstate 70, black drivers in general were 275% more likely to be stopped. When isolating stops to residents, data show black drivers were nearly three times as likely to be stopped compared to white resident drivers.
Quote:
In Ferguson, black drivers in 2014 were 265 percent more likely than white motorists to be pulled over. When comparing only residents, black drivers were more than three times as likely to be stopped compared to white motorists in 2018.

“For the eighteenth year in a row, the Missouri Attorney General’s office has released a report that shows black communities, and people of color are disproportionately stopped and searched by law enforcement,” ACLU legislative and policy Director Sara Baker said in a statement. “A report is not enough. Actions must be taken.”

In 2015, data show black drivers were roughly 70% more likely to be stopped by police compared to white motorists statewide. That disparity climbed to 75% in 2016 and up to 85% in 2017 .
Old 06-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Two Cuyahoga County, Ohio jail officers are facing a slew of charges after a newly-released video showed the pair brutally punching a Black man in his head while he was strapped to a restraint chair.
https://www.essence.com/amp/news/pol...timothy-dugan/

In the video, you see the two goons standing near the man, who is fully restrained to a chair, with his mouth covered. One of the goons turns off his body camera. Then, for no reason that's apparent in the video, the goon just starts punching the prisoner's head. The second goon then comes over and gets in a whack. There's a pause, then more punches.

Here's a tweet with the video: https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/1138448145359167488

We live in a police state.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
https://www.essence.com/amp/news/pol...timothy-dugan/

In the video, you see the two goons standing near the man, who is fully restrained to a chair, with his mouth covered. One of the goons turns off his body camera. Then, for no reason that's apparent in the video, the goon just starts punching the prisoner's head. The second goon then comes over and gets in a whack. There's a pause, then more punches.

Here's a tweet with the video: https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/1138448145359167488

We live in a police state.
How many things like this never get reported or detected?
Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 PM

I was just watching that horrific video again. The victim not only had his mouth covered; he was totally blindfolded. Two "officers" beating a completely helpless victim. This is America.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
How many things like this never get reported or detected?
That was exactly my first thought, and I bet the answer is, a shit ton. What's even more stunning is that they did this while knowing that there are cameras in the facility. It tells me that they're used to getting away with this shit. They've done this before. This is a cultural thing. And it wouldn't surprise me to know that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of police cultures just like it. And now that the current administration is peeling back the civil rights division in the DoJ, they're probably just feeling as emboldened as ever.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:00 PM

Yesterday in Memphis, US Marshals trued to capture 20-year-old Brandon Webber, wanted on felony warrants. The Marshals reported that Webber tried to flee in a vehicle, collided with Marshals' vehicles, and then produced a weapon and tried to flee on foot. Webber was reportedly shot 16 to 20 times.

Soon, a crowd started to gather near the scene of the shooting. The Marshals called Memphis PD for assistance. The situation escalated, with the crowd eventually hurling rocks and bricks and smashing police cars and some buildings. 24 police were injured. No one in the crowd was reported injured.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/13/73228...eadly-shooting

On the one hand, I'm happy and amazed that the cops didn't kill anyone in the crowd. So, a tip of the hat to them for not acting like cops in a police state.

On the other hand, I have to agree with the County Commissioner who said (paraphrasing) that the cops don't get the benefit of the doubt, and the community is justified in assuming the killing was unjustified until they get answers. I don't generally condone violence, but it's increasingly difficult for me to see nonviolence as effective.

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 06-13-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:24 PM

Police fired 55 shots at man in 3.5 seconds. Report finds it 'reasonable.'
Quote:
David Blake, a police consultant and retired officer, also wrote in the report released this week that the use of deadly force was "objectively reasonable and necessary" given the circumstances of the situation.
It was objectively reasonable and necessary for 6 officers to unload the magazines into a parked car in 3.5 seconds???
How fast were they firing? How many times can you say 'blam' in 3.5 seconds? Probably less that then the number office Eaton fired off.

I am a reasonable man and can see different sides, but I cannot see this as ANYTHING but either officers firing in a blind panic or with a desire to kill.
Quote:
The independent report was completed on May 17, almost two months after the release of officers' bodycam videos following pressure by McCoy's family to make them public. The exact number of bullets that each of the six officers fired was not previously known, but Blake's report found that Officer Ryan McMahon fired once, while Officer Colin Eaton fired 13 times, Officer Jordon Patzer fired 12 times, officers Bryan Glick and Anthony Romero-Cano fired 11 times each, and Officer Mark Thompson fired 7 times.
Holy fuck.

Quote:
"The death of Mr. McCoy is not the outcome that the City of Vallejo and our community desire," she said in a statement.
The guys that shot Bonnie and Clyde would tip their hats to these guys.

-God

Last edited by Typo Negative; 06-13-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
In his 51-page report, Blake noted that he was provided with police reports, interviews given by the officers and the bodycam footage. The officers in their interviews said they were "scared" and fearful that McCoy was going to shoot at officers."Officers are not required to wait until a weapon is pointed at them to take the necessary steps to save their own lives," he wrote.
Mr. McCoy was scaring them to death?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-13-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:57 AM

How'd the cops know he did not have a legal right to carry a gun?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
He was black.

-God
Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
That's one of the things that drives me crazy about cops shooting people with guns: guns are legal to have. What a stupid situation we've allowed our country to get into: guns are okay to have BUT you might get shot because you have one, EVEN THO it's perfectly fine to have one AND it's perfectly fine that you got shot, even tho you did nothing wrong.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You know how I can tell it's stupid? Because no one, not even a lunatic, would have designed the system we have now on purpose.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-14-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:30 AM

If you watch the video, at no time do they issue commands to McCoy. The officer stands there with a weapon drawn. He communicates with other officers telling them multiple times that there's a gun in his lap. Meanwhile, the officer also tells them that the magazine is out so that he only has one shot - one shot. At no time are they communicating with McCoy, who may be simply frozen with fear, or maybe drunk or high (who knows). They empty probably 50 rounds in the guy's car...and they wanna see his hands? What the ever living fuck?

There's a serious police training crisis in this country.

Last edited by asahi; 06-14-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:33 AM

I don't see that "the system" is the problem, although I know what you mean. It isn't "the system", it is faulty interpretation of what is reasonable on the part of police.

Guns are legal to own by the vast majority of people. Guns are legal to carry by many people, certainly a majority of people in states that don't require a carry permit or employ a "shall issue" structure for carry permits. Ergo, police shouldn't shoot at people just because they have a gun. Or because they think they have a gun.

The fly in the ointment is that police get away with shooting people when it is not reasonable from a "reasonable man" standpoint. Police brass, prosecutors, grand juries and regular old juries all give too much credence to the "I was scared" excuse proffered by cops. An excuse that they wouldn't grant to Joe Blow under the same circumstances, even though it is assumed that Joe Blow doesn't have the same training and "professionalism". Add in the fact that shooting 55 rounds in 3.5 seconds is somehow defined as reasonable under any circumstances, and it's easy to see why cops have a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude.

It's the same old, same old. Police need better training, they need to drum out those who are unreasonably frightened, they need to stop circling the wagons and covering up wrongdoing, and there needs to be more accountability. Not holding my breath.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:47 AM

Guns drawn, threatening to shoot a pregnant mother holding her child, Arizona cops dislocate a 1-year-old's arm. Over a Barbie doll.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreysonCarlisle View Post
Guns drawn, threatening to shoot a pregnant mother holding her child, Arizona cops dislocate a 1-year-old's arm. Over a Barbie doll.
Maybe the kid was pointing the barbie at the cops? And they got a'scared.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
My, my, doesn't the word "professional" spring to mind?
Old 06-14-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Maybe the kid was pointing the barbie at the cops? And they got a'scared.
I lol'ed.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
The article said she was one year old, but I'm telling you, she dressed like a two year old!
Old 06-14-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
I don't see that "the system" is the problem, although I know what you mean. It isn't "the system", it is faulty interpretation of what is reasonable on the part of police.
Okay... let's hear your argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
Guns are legal to own by the vast majority of people. Guns are legal to carry by many people, certainly a majority of people in states that don't require a carry permit or employ a "shall issue" structure for carry permits. Ergo, police shouldn't shoot at people just because they have a gun. Or because they think they have a gun.

The fly in the ointment is that police get away with shooting people when it is not reasonable from a "reasonable man" standpoint. Police brass, prosecutors, grand juries and regular old juries all give too much credence to the "I was scared" excuse proffered by cops. An excuse that they wouldn't grant to Joe Blow under the same circumstances, even though it is assumed that Joe Blow doesn't have the same training and "professionalism". Add in the fact that shooting 55 rounds in 3.5 seconds is somehow defined as reasonable under any circumstances, and it's easy to see why cops have a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude.

It's the same old, same old. Police need better training, they need to drum out those who are unreasonably frightened, they need to stop circling the wagons and covering up wrongdoing, and there needs to be more accountability. Not holding my breath.
Hmmm. That sounds an awful like it's the system itself that is the problem, to me.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I think, assuming it holds up, that this is a key point in the article:
Quote:
Their claim says the store didn’t report the theft, but officers instead responded based on allegations from an anonymous witness.
If I had to guess, someone reported it to an employee who decided they didn't care, and said someone then called 911.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:57 PM

A twofer: bad cop and bad religious leader! After a career upholding the law and protecting us, one Grayson Fritts became a pastor. This weekend he called LGBTQ people animals and called for their execution.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.58190c34961e

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 06-14-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

I believe the first amendment protects any speech. But seeing the video of this vile nutjob makes it very, very hard not to think there should be some sort of law against this. To think he had a gun and a uniform sends shudders down my spine. Clearly unhinged. The idea that Leviticus is in fact the law of the land, and government and law enforcement are in neglect by not enforcing it, is literally not sane. Also, I hope he never said anything unkind about his mommy or daddy, because in his dreamworld that’d mean he’s going to fry too. But maybe he didn’t read that part of Leviticus - wackos like him tend to laser in on the one line that works for them, to the exclusion of all others. He’s probably not very good at making sure the offerings to god are fully burned. But Lev 20:13, that part is still on the books. Fucktard
Old 06-14-2019, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Perhaps this is minor compared to the primary issue, but what's up with the cop's constant use of the word "fucking"? Perhaps as part of the settlement they require that the cop's mouth be washed out with soup. Preferably by his mother.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkMeister View Post
Perhaps this is minor compared to the primary issue, but what's up with the cop's constant use of the word "fucking"? Perhaps as part of the settlement they require that the cop's mouth be washed out with soup. Preferably by his mother.
Or at least a pants-down spanking.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkMeister View Post
Perhaps as part of the settlement they require that the cop's mouth be washed out with soup. Preferably by his mother.
You know my mother and her cooking. We would have rather eaten soap.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isosleepy View Post
I believe the first amendment protects any speech. But seeing the video of this vile nutjob makes it very, very hard not to think there should be some sort of law against this. To think he had a gun and a uniform sends shudders down my spine. Clearly unhinged. The idea that Leviticus is in fact the law of the land, and government and law enforcement are in neglect by not enforcing it, is literally not sane. Also, I hope he never said anything unkind about his mommy or daddy, because in his dreamworld that’d mean he’s going to fry too. But maybe he didn’t read that part of Leviticus - wackos like him tend to laser in on the one line that works for them, to the exclusion of all others. He’s probably not very good at making sure the offerings to god are fully burned. But Lev 20:13, that part is still on the books. Fucktard
Last I checked, inciting violence is not protected speech. I don't know how his rant is possibly defensible.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
Last I checked, inciting violence is not protected speech. I don't know how his rant is possibly defensible.
That’s wat makes this extra disturbing: He’s not inciting extra-judicial violence. He specifically says that “Christians” shouldn’t themselves round up gays (and presumably those who curse at their parents) for execution. He states that police should arrest them, courts of law should find them guilty, and then execute them - as a matter of course, because Leviticus, and therefore god, commands such . His beef is first that police and the judiciary are not already doing this, and second that “Christians” are not sufficiently firmly demanding this of their law-enforcement and legislation. So best I can tell he is actually firmly within the bounds of free speech, and at the same time spewing some of the most reprehensible filth I’ve seen outside of ISIS.

The notion that we have/had an armed police officer who believes there is a whole set of laws governing the land not actually on any of our books is terrifying.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
He states that police should arrest them, courts of law should find them guilty, and then execute them - as a matter of course, because Leviticus, and therefore god, commands such .
Deuteronomy 32
35 Vengeance is mine, and recompense,
for the time when their foot shall slip;
for the day of their calamity is at hand,
and their doom comes swiftly.
36 For the Lord will vindicate his people
and have compassion on his servants …
39 See now that I, even I, am he,
and there is no god beside me;
I kill and I make alive;
I wound and I heal;
and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.
Romans 12
18 If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 No, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink …”
Yeah, I think “doing god's work” means something other than what they have been telling us.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Finally had a chance to watch it with the sound on and good god what is wrong with these animals? They aren’t humans, they are animals.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:01 AM

Check out this story from USA TODAY: Off-duty cop fatally shot man who hit him at Costco

The officer shot a man who had attacked him while he was holding his child, the Corona Police Department said. Two of the man's relatives were wounded.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/1470749001/

Another trigger happy cop.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:08 AM

I was gonna post about the same thing, UCB. I'm waiting to hear what the survivors have to say before I form a solid opinion, tho.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
I was gonna post about the same thing, UCB. I'm waiting to hear what the survivors have to say before I form a solid opinion, tho.
It seems like way more force than necessary for the situation with no weapons on the three people. Maybe video will surface from security cameras.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It seems like way more force than necessary for the situation with no weapons on the three people. Maybe video will surface from security cameras.
Aye; there may also be surveillance video from Costco.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I'm glad nobody pointed out the irrelevancy that the police targets were black. That was pure coincidence: racism has been eradicated in the U.S.A. for fifty years.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:11 PM

My question is why are they ignoring that this child tested positive for the marijuanas and the cracks, also why are they ignoring this child's extensive arrest record!

CMC fnord!
Old 06-16-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Check out this story from USA TODAY: Off-duty cop fatally shot man who hit him at Costco[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Quote:
Investigation happening & family of the deceased talking (tho not the two who were shot, yet).
Quote:
The Los Angeles Police Department is gathering evidence and video footage in an administrative investigation into an off-duty officer who shot and killed a man authorities say attacked him inside a Southern California Costco Wholesale warehouse store.

Authorities remained tight-lipped Sunday, not responding to requests for comment about what provoked the Friday night confrontation and whether anyone but the officer was armed.
Quote:
The officer opened fire after Kenneth French, 32, of Riverside, “assaulted” him “without provocation” as the officer held his young child, Corona police said Saturday.
Quote:
Rick Shureih, French’s cousin, told The Press-Enterprise that he was a “gentle giant” who was mentally disabled.

Shureih also identified the other two victims as French’s parents, Russell and Paola French, and said they remained in an intensive care unit Sunday. Authorities have not released their names.

French’s family is seeking an attorney, Shureih said, and declined to give specifics about his mental condition.

French was “non-violent, non-aggressive, non-verbal,” his cousin said, and “he has to be pretty much monitored.”

“He’s not the kind to trade words, so I don’t believe that a verbal confrontation happened,” Shureih said.
I have a bad feeling about this now.

ETA: Would the officer have been subject to a sobriety/drug/alcohol test at all after the shooting?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-16-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post
My question is why are they ignoring that this child tested positive for the marijuanas and the cracks, also why are they ignoring this child's extensive arrest record!

CMC fnord!
This is a four-year-old thug we're talking about here!
Old 06-17-2019, 03:41 AM

Another group of cops who should be fired as all hell: Cops at far-right rally in sacramento (featuring The Proud Boys, a fascist terrorist group) take off hats for national anthem led by neo-nazis.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
Best I can tell, they took their hats off for the national anthem. Not exactly the same as supporting whatever the anthem-singing party stands for.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:35 PM

Yeah, unless they took their hats off for Deutschland Uber Alles I don't really get the outrage.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Best I can tell, they took their hats off for the national anthem. Not exactly the same as supporting whatever the anthem-singing party stands for.
It was a tiny group of people breaking out in song off-key. Are you saying that they would do the same for any group?

Last edited by Czarcasm; 06-17-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
It was a tiny group of people breaking out in song off-key. Are you saying that they would do the same for any group?
Seems like a loophole that could be exploited to rob banks. Two or three members of the bank-robbing crew break out into the National Anthem. The cops would have no choice except stand their with their hats off until the song is over.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Best I can tell, they took their hats off for the national anthem.
Sung by a small group of fucking neo-nazis.

If the cops aren't there to make sure that these terrorists aren't going to kill anyone, we have a problem. If they are, they have no business joining in.

I think it's not unreasonable to demand that the police avoid the appearance of being chummy with neo-nazis. Especially given things like Black Lives Matter and, uh, this shit. You treat them like dangerous criminals (because by and large they either are or will be, because they're fucking nazis). I don't care if they're playing the national anthem or hosting charity Barbecue - the cops have no business joining in.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

17 or more white cops, and they didn't just stop what they were doing to supposedly show respect to the national Anthem-They gathered together in what looked like a show of solidarity, unless you can believe that they all happened to be right there in that tiny area when the singing started.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
17 or more white cops, and they didn't just stop what they were doing to supposedly show respect to the national Anthem-They gathered together in what looked like a show of solidarity, unless you can believe that they all happened to be right there in that tiny area when the singing started.
How do they put it? "Avoid even the appearance of impropriety". Maybe it isn't cops standing in solidarity with neo-nazis. Maybe it just looks like cops standing in solitarity with neo-nazis, like they often tend to look like. It still looks really bad. And that perception matters.

(Seriously, in clashes between fascists and antifascists, cops consistently and constantly side with the fascists. This is kind of damning.)

Last edited by Budget Player Cadet; 06-17-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 36—PATRIOTIC AND NATIONAL OBSERVANCES, CEREMONIES, AND ORGANIZATIONS

§ 301. National anthem
(a) DESIGNATION.—The composition consisting
of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b) CONDUCT DURING PLAYING.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the
military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the
last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform
may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face
the flag and stand at attention with their
right hand over the heart, and men not in
uniform, if applicable, should remove their
headdress with their right hand and hold it
at the left shoulder, the hand being over the
heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present
should face toward the music and act in the
same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
(Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub.
L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, §595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122
Stat. 4475.)
When the U.S. Code mentions uniform, it is in the context of a military uniform -- not a non-military police uniform. In the matter being discussed, none of the officers got it right.

None of them were properly at attention (have a look at their heels and their arms/hands).

None of them had their hand over their heart and hat at the left shoulder.

Two had their hats on.

One of them was using a smart phone, hopefully for good reason.

My guess it that as desultory their presentation was during the anthem, they recognized that it would not be appropriate to be chatting and strolling about during the anthem, despite it being sung by bad people.

How many of them are fascists I can't say, but given the behaviour of the police in the USA when compared to other first world nations (not to mention the highest incarceration rate in the world with the possible exceptions of North Korea and China with its re-education camps -- sorry folks, but you are not "the land of the free"), I would not be surprised if some of those officers sympathised with the people singing the anthem, but I also would not be surprised of some of those officers were disgusted with the people singing the anthem.

All in all, I don't think it is a good idea for officers at a tense situation where violence might break out to be grouped together facing the same way. I suggest that they should be keeping any eye on things, not just one thing.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Im not saying that. If I were saying that, I’d, you know, *say that*. Also, I , of course, have no way of knowing what these guys would or wouldn’t do.
There are so, so many legitimate reasons for outrage over police officers’ (mis) conduct, some of which are outlined in this thread.
To get worked up over this one, we have to impute motive. It doesn’t look great, sure. But it is more likely some knucklehead decided to “show respect” for the anthem, and the rest of ‘m made like lemmings. As some sort of sly show of support it is frankly to subtle.

Last edited by Isosleepy; 06-17-2019 at 07:16 PM.