Old 02-20-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable View Post
So if someone wants to shoot you with a gun, what are you going to use to protect yourself? Karate?

If someone comes after a senior citizen with a club, what would you have them use? Brazilian Jujitsu?
As it happens, I am a master of Cringing Mantis Kung-Pao. Also, I have the reflexes of a cat, given a warm and cushy spot, I can curl up and be sound asleep in seconds!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
As it happens, I am a master of Cringing Mantis Kung-Pao. Also, I have the reflexes of a cat, given a warm and cushy spot, I can curl up and be sound asleep in seconds!
Elucidator, I'm glad you are back, but you never answered my question. How do you think gun control laws should be changed?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
How about target shooting?
Rent a gun from the range

Quote:
How about the comparison with alcohol?
Alcohol, properly used, can actually help your health. Unlike a gun, when properly used, generally puts a slug of lead into someone's fleshy body, which unless you're Bullet Absorbing Man, doesn't help your health.

Quote:
They also protect you against knives, hammers, bats and zykon B, don't they?
Zyklon B is illegal for you to own or use. And sure, guns do protect you from some of those things, I never claimed they didn't. Also, I never claimed we can get a ban on all guns through, you can still protect yourself against knives, hammers, and bats, with your handgun or shotgun. Good enough for you, who apparently lives in a Mega Man level

Quote:
Which ones?
Short answer: the legal ones. Long answer: you can protect yourself with guns deemed sufficiently efficient for self defense such as handguns and shotguns

Quote:
Weren't Hitlers SS mostly all law-abiding citizens?
I'm sure Hitler's SS ate food and drank water. Tell you what, I'll agree you're right but you have to stop eating and drinking permanently. You know, to be less like Hitler. Me? I'll agree that Hitler had some merits with the whole delicious German bratwursts thing
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Elucidator, I'm glad you are back, but you never answered my question. How do you think gun control laws should be changed?
I am still firmly in the Keep the Goodam Things If They Mean That Fucking Much to You Caucus. There's too many, they don't rot, they don't go away. So, "grabbing" won't work.

I do very much favor any effort to change our culture from the violence addled state it currently suffers, but that is a long, slow slog.

That said, there appears to be a rough and general consensus forming about minimal requirements. Not at all sure it will do any good, but see no good reason to oppose it.

Thank you for your interest. I suspect you are most likely looking for a point to nitpick at, but hearing my opinion can only be helpful to you, and I am a generous soul by nature.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I am still firmly in the Keep the Goodam Things If They Mean That Fucking Much to You Caucus. There's too many, they don't rot, they don't go away. So, "grabbing" won't work.
That sounds like you would like to get rid of some or all guns but just don't think you can. What would you wish to have banned or confiscated, like say, if you had the power to do it?

Quote:
I do very much favor any effort to change our culture from the violence addled state it currently suffers, but that is a long, slow slog.
How would you do that?

Quote:
That said, there appears to be a rough and general consensus forming about minimal requirements. Not at all sure it will do any good, but see no good reason to oppose it.
What do you mean by that?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogSosoth View Post
Rent a gun from the range
So handguns that are more often used in crimes and accidents are cool, but you would ban target guns that are hardly ever used for homicide or in accidents? What's the point of that?

Quote:
Alcohol, properly used, can actually help your health. Unlike a gun, when properly used, generally puts a slug of lead into someone's fleshy body, which unless you're Bullet Absorbing Man, doesn't help your health.
I don't know about that. Murder is bad for your health and a gun can prevent you from being murdered. Sounds healthful to me.

Quote:
Zyklon B is illegal for you to own or use.
It was legal in Nazi Germany wasn't it?

Quote:
Short answer: the legal ones. Long answer: you can protect yourself with guns deemed sufficiently efficient for self defense such as handguns and shotguns
So an uzi-pistol is cool? http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/isr/uzi-pistol-e.html

Quote:
I'm sure Hitler's SS ate food and drank water. Tell you what, I'll agree you're right but you have to stop eating and drinking permanently. You know, to be less like Hitler. Me? I'll agree that Hitler had some merits with the whole delicious German bratwursts thing
What are you talking about?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
So handguns that are more often used in crimes and accidents are cool, but you would ban target guns that are hardly ever used for homicide or in accidents? What's the point of that?
Its unrealistic to have a handgun ban and if we take one target gun out of the hands of criminals, its fine

Quote:
I don't know about that. Murder is bad for your health and a gun can prevent you from being murdered. Sounds healthful to me.
More guns means you're more likely to be murdered. Owning a gun makes you more likely to get shot

Quote:
It was legal in Nazi Germany wasn't it?
Lucky we're not both 70 years back in time and tens of thousands of miles away

Quote:
Nah, let's ban those too, just for fun

Quote:
What are you talking about?
I dunno, you brought up Hitler, I was just trying to keep up
Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Its unrealistic to have a handgun ban and if we take one target gun out of the hands of criminals, its fine
Does that mean you really want a handgun ban, but will just settle for rifles?

Quote:
More guns means you're more likely to be murdered. Owning a gun makes you more likely to get shot
According to the anti-gun research like the study by Kellerman only owning a handgun made you more likely to get shot, owning a rifle made you less likely. Didn't you know this, or do you just not care?

Quote:
Lucky we're not both 70 years back in time and tens of thousands of miles away
I hope we stay lucky, in the meantime I'll keep my guns, all of them thanks.

Quote:
Nah, let's ban those too, just for fun
Why? It's just a handgun?

Quote:
I dunno, you brought up Hitler, I was just trying to keep up
Yeah, and I had a point to do so. What's your point?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 AM

Stupid guys bring up Hitler. Smart guys bring up Heisenberg. Maybe.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Stupid guys bring up Hitler. Smart guys bring up Heisenberg. Maybe.
But you didn't bring up Hitler? Elucidator, tell me about the gun laws you really want.

Last edited by Kable; 02-21-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
According to the anti-gun research like the study by Kellerman only owning a handgun made you more likely to get shot, owning a rifle made you less likely. Didn't you know this, or do you just not care?
So does having a rifle cancel out the handgun? I gotta go get more long guns, I've been meaning to get another shotgun after Biden told me to get one.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Does that mean you really want a handgun ban, but will just settle for rifles?
What I really want is bear arms. We should all have our regular arms surgically replaced with those of a bear. And no, black people don't just get to choose from black bears, that's racist

Quote:
So own a rifle

Quote:
I hope we stay lucky, in the meantime I'll keep my guns, all of them thanks.
I'm glad you concede your argument was stupid

Quote:
Why? It's just a handgun?
So get another kind instead

Quote:
Yeah, and I had a point to do so. What's your point?
What was yours?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
There's this South African girl that would like to discuss your thesis further. Oh wait, she can't.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
So own a rifle
But you think rifles should be outlawed and people should only have handguns and shotguns for defense.

Quote:
I'm glad you concede your argument was stupid
I did no such thing. Guns protect against all kinds of homicides including genocides. Probably handguns and shotguns not so much with regards to genocides.

Quote:
So get another kind instead
What's wrong with the uzi pistol? It's just a handgun which you said people should be able to have for defense. Do you not like it because it is black, or because it's Jewish, or what?

Quote:
What was yours?
You mentioned something about law abiding citizens as though it was important. The point I hoped you would see was that law abiding citizens will sometimes commit terrible atrocities if the law tells them to do so.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagos View Post
There's this South African girl that would like to discuss your thesis further. Oh wait, she can't.
This one can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfz7..._wgZ6g&index=1
Old 02-21-2013, 01:26 PM

Please, stop talking about gun bans. It will never happen and just leads to endless posts of irrelevant circular arguments.

I have a question for the gun supporters. What would you do if your mental or emotional state changed enough that it was unsafe for you to have guns? For example, if you became depressed or were extremely stressed or angry (discover spouse having affair). Would you remove those guns from your house or restrict your access to your own guns in any way?

Last edited by filmore; 02-21-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmore View Post
Please, stop talking about gun bans. It will never happen and just leads to endless posts of irrelevant circular arguments.
The assault weapon ban did happen.

Quote:
I have a question for the gun supporters. What would you do if your mental or emotional state changed enough that it was unsafe for you to have guns? For example, if you became depressed or were extremely stressed or angry (discover spouse having affair). Would you remove those guns from your house or restrict your access to your own guns in any way?
I suppose if it were in my perceived best interest to leave my guns with a friend for a while I would. If it wasn't, I wouldn't.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
So if someone wants to shoot you with a gun, what are you going to use to protect yourself? Karate?

If someone comes after a senior citizen with a club, what would you have them use? Brazilian Jujitsu?
When I had a speed freak redneck pull a .40 on me, I personally used a combination of Tae Kwon Do and Krav Maga moves to disarm and disable him.

For a senior citizen I would more suggest Judo, or better, Aikido. They require less brute strength and rely more on redirecting the attackers own momentum and are usable even by smaller and less physically capable people. Brazilian Jujitsu is more of a grappleing martial art and would not be as effective for a sernior citizen in your situation.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I suppose if it were in my perceived best interest to leave my guns with a friend for a while I would. If it wasn't, I wouldn't.
Do you have any systems in place to make sure this happens if you are not mentally competent to make that decision? It's easy to say you would do this now when you have a clear head, but if you were in a state of depression where you were considering suicide, would you be able to make the same decision?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of Rats View Post
When I had a speed freak redneck pull a .40 on me, I personally used a combination of Tae Kwon Do and Krav Maga moves to disarm and disable him.
Yeah, I know those moves. If your attacker knows them too he'll just shoot you before you come within reach.

Quote:
For a senior citizen I would more suggest Judo, or better, Aikido. They require less brute strength and rely more on redirecting the attackers own momentum and are usable even by smaller and less physically capable people.
You're dreaming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHwKnXi8J08
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Do you have any systems in place to make sure this happens if you are not mentally competent to make that decision? It's easy to say you would do this now when you have a clear head, but if you were in a state of depression where you were considering suicide, would you be able to make the same decision?
No, if it were ever in my perceived best interest to commit suicide I wouldn't want to lose the ability to do so.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
No, if it were ever in my perceived best interest to commit suicide I wouldn't want to lose the ability to do so.
Do you see this as a problem? A person continues having access to their guns even though their current mental state would not qualify them to purchase a gun.

Suppose a gun owner snaps and start wandering the street like a schizo screaming how the CIA is controlling him. He likely would not voluntarily give up his guns even though he is a danger to society. Should there be systems in place to ensure his guns are taken away in this case?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Do you see this as a problem?
Not at all.

Quote:
Suppose a gun owner snaps and start wandering the street like a schizo screaming how the CIA is controlling him. He likely would not voluntarily give up his guns even though he is a danger to society. Should there be systems in place to ensure his guns are taken away in this case?
Sure. I think they already take away your guns if you are institutionalized.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
It has happened in the past, why couldn't it happen again? It took a LOT of education on the stupidity of an AWB to avert the proposed AWB. We just had an alection where the president won by a large margin. We just had a school shooting where small children were slaughtered. The media was conflating assault weapons with machine guns. Based on this, people thought that assault weapons were a major source of gun deaths.

It took a concerted effort to educate people of the facts and we had to expose idiots like Piers Morgan as idiots before the majority of Americans realized that an AWB was stupid.

It didn't happen on its won and there are STILL people who are pushing for an AWB. This is not going away. There is a group of people that want a gun free society but they can't figure out how to get the guns out of the hands of criminals so they figure they;ll start with taking guns away from the alw abiding citizens and deal with teh criminals later. Fucking retarded.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at. Are you saying that people shouldn't have guns because we might flip out one day and commit suicide or kill someone? Or are you asking if we would give up our guns if we thought we couldn't trust ourselves anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death of Rats View Post

For a senior citizen I would more suggest Judo, or better, Aikido. They require less brute strength and rely more on redirecting the attackers own momentum and are usable even by smaller and less physically capable people. Brazilian Jujitsu is more of a grappleing martial art and would not be as effective for a sernior citizen in your situation.
Am I being whooshed? You're kidding right?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Sure. I think they already take away your guns if you are institutionalized.
Does this really happen? How do they know if the schizo has any guns? He's not going to freely give up that info if they ask. The cops can't search his house just in case he might have some. Without a permanent registry in place, there's not a reliable way to know if he has guns and that they should be removed.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Does this really happen? How do they know if the schizo has any guns?
I don't know the answer to either.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...om-sharia-law/

The latest from Louie the Goober:

Quote:
....Tea Party Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX) told a conservative radio show on Thursday that the GOP must oppose gun regulations to protect the country from the threat of “Sharia Law.”...
Quote:
....We’ve got some people who think Sharia Law should be the law of the land, forget the Constitution. But the guns are there… to make sure all of the rest of the Amendments are followed.....
Comment is superfluous,
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 PM
BANNED

Elucidator, regarding gun control I'm still waiting to hear what you think should be the law of the land. Not what you will grudgingly accept, but what you would really like to see. Do tell.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 PM

Don't have much faith in it, as I've said to tiresome length. I very much want to nudge our culture away from gun fetishism, mostly for reasons of mental hygiene, I don't think its good for you. About the only positive development these legal efforts can accomplish is an expression of societal disapproval, which is a step, but a baby step.

Sure, limiting magazine capacity make sense. And I entirely agree there is no good reason for civilians to issue themselves military weapons, they want one that bad, they can enlist.

But law must be definitive, if it is to be just. It must explicitly and transparently describe precisely what is to be illegal. And as many ballistophiliacs have gleefully pointed out, precisely defining what is and what is not an "assault weapon" is a nitpickers playground, especially a well-paid, professional nitpicker.

(Aside: it brings to mind snide references to "scary guns", offered in smug tones of testosterone poisoning to nelly nancygirls who cringe at a few little exit wounds. Why, do you think, do they manufacture weapons for sale to civilians that look so much like military weapons? What do they do to attract the customers eye? They could simply make an ordinary hunting rifle, like your Grandads .30-.30, but instead they make something that functions not quite as well but looks like something you get to go hunting free-range kzinti. I don't think that's an accident....But I digress...)

Changing laws isn't likely to help much, we have to change minds, and that is the long, slow, agonizing approach. But there it is.

Now, if it turns out I'm wrong, and it can be done, I'll be tickled. And I will not discourage anyone from trying. I'm a pessimist, I like being wrong.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Sure, limiting magazine capacity make sense. And I entirely agree there is no good reason for civilians to issue themselves military weapons, they want one that bad, they can enlist.
OK, so you think much like Feinstein. But why the focus on assault weapons as opposed to handguns. Why are you at the same time anti-gun but pro Everclear?

Quote:
Why, do you think, do they manufacture weapons for sale to civilians that look so much like military weapons?
Military weapons have always been popular among civilians. They are generally very well proven very well state of the art. Why not want one.

Quote:
What do they do to attract the customers eye?
Why don't they attract your eye?

Quote:
They could simply make an ordinary hunting rifle, like your Grandads .30-.30, but instead they make something that functions not quite as well...
I have a 30-30 and a number of "assault weapons." What makes you think the 30-30 functions better?

Quote:
Now, if it turns out I'm wrong, and it can be done, I'll be tickled. And I will not discourage anyone from trying. I'm a pessimist, I like being wrong.
I got it, you are a pessimistic gun grabber.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
They could simply make an ordinary hunting rifle, like your Grandads .30-.30, but instead they make something that functions not quite as well but looks like something you get to go hunting free-range kzinti.
You don't know much about guns if you think using an assault rifle to hunt kzinti would get you anything more than your head torn off by a slightly annoyed kzin.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I might agreed that a magazine cap might have some small measurable effect if there weren't already tens of millions of these things floating around out there with absolutely no way to track them.

I might have agreed that it might even keep the number of these mazines at the current level if they werent so darn easy to make and with the new 3D printing you can build a magazine extender that will turn any magazine into a high capacity magazine if you switch out the springs.

Quote:
Changing laws isn't likely to help much, we have to change minds, and that is the long, slow, agonizing approach. But there it is.
The gun rights side merely has to present facts. I think that will probably be easier. Especially since the gun control folks are so bad at what they do.

Quote:
If what can be done
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Potato View Post
You don't know much about guns if you think using an assault rifle to hunt kzinti would get you anything more than your head torn off by a slightly annoyed kzin.
Its all about shot placement. Even the Kzin need beating hearts to kill you.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM

Woman shot by oven while trying to cook waffles

Quote:
Aalaya Walker was visiting a friend in St. Petersburg Monday when they decided they wanted some late-night waffles, The Tampa Bay Times reported. So Walker began preheating the oven — unaware that her friend, JJ Sandy, 25, was storing a magazine from his .45-caliber Glock 21 in the oven.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ffles#comments

The best bit...

Quote:
Sandy wasn't charged because he had a proper concealed weapons permit
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
...Why are you at the same time anti-gun but pro Everclear?...
Da fuck? Are you even trying to make sense?

Quote:
...Military weapons have always been popular among civilians. They are generally very well proven very well state of the art. Why not want one....
Because I don't need one? Like I said elsewhere, the only time my home was invaded by armed men, they had a warrant. And the fact that I'm more like Wavy Gravy than John Dillinger means I got an extra forty years of sex, drugs, rock 'n roll. Easy call. For me, that is.

Quote:
...Why don't they attract your eye?....
Prefer round, jiggly and life-affirming. Cold, metallic, and potentially lethal kinda repels me. Funny that way.

Quote:
....I got it, you are a pessimistic gun grabber.
Didn't understand a word, did you? Maybe you could stop asking me questions when you can't understand the answers?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Plenty of ways to commit suicide. Drinking everclear, using an ATV, swimming. All equally as effective as using a shotgun.

Quote:
Yeah, I know those moves. If your attacker knows them too he'll just shoot you before you come within reach.
Nope, unagi. Know when someone is sneaking up behind me from 100 feet. Can disappear out of sight of them instantly. Substitute "can tell when someone is aiming a gun at me from behind and instantly draw and fire my weapon at them" if you desire.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Maybe you could stop asking me questions when you can't understand the answers?
You don't get this game. The questions are irrelevant; the answer is always, "You are a gun grabber!!1!!1!"
Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
The gun rights side merely has to present facts. I think that will probably be easier. Especially since the gun control folks are so bad at what they do.
And yet the NRA oppose independent research. Why do you suppose that is?
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Da fuck? Are you even trying to make sense?
You are on record in that resurrected GD thread saying you liked alcohol an Everclear. I think you liked the Everclear so you could dissolve some pseudoscientific herbal remedies if I recall. You do this knowing that alcohol kills more people per year than guns, yet you are fine asking for one to be outlawed and not the other, apparently because you personally like one and not the other.

Quote:
Because I don't need one? Like I said elsewhere, the only time my home was invaded by armed men, they had a warrant. And the fact that I'm more like Wavy Gravy than John Dillinger means I got an extra forty years of sex, drugs, rock 'n roll. Easy call. For me, that is.
OK, I accept your personal reasons for not wanting one. How come you don't accept others personal reasons for wanting one?

Quote:
Prefer round, jiggly and life-affirming. Cold, metallic, and potentially lethal kinda repels me. Funny that way.
OK, I take it you have given up on your argument about better function. What makes a 30-30 more "life-affirming?" The lever action was once the state of the art life taker in this country and if I'm not mistaken was used to kill a lot of Native Americans. So maybe it's more of a nostalgia thing for you?

Quote:
Didn't understand a word, did you? Maybe you could stop asking me questions when you can't understand the answers?
No I understand you completely. You want (at least) the banning of "assault weapons" and normal capacity magazines just like Feinstein, you are just more pessimistic about it, but you are a gun-grabber just like her.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerunknown View Post
Plenty of ways to commit suicide. Drinking everclear, using an ATV, swimming. All equally as effective as using a shotgun.
True there are lots of ways to commit suicide. In Australia when guns were banned, suicide by hanging more than made up the difference.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
And yet the NRA oppose independent research. Why do you suppose that is?
Because that might lead to background checks, which leads to registration, which leads to seizing guns: Gun Grabber!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
True there are lots of ways to commit suicide. In Australia when guns were banned, suicide by hanging more than made up the difference.
Haven't you heard of American Exceptionalism? Data from foreign countries doesn't count, because we special.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Because that might lead to background checks, which leads to registration, which leads to seizing guns: Gun Grabber!
Pretty good analysis. It is true that gun grabbers have poisoned their own well, which probably has to some degree hurt the cause of gun safety. But they sure sell a lot of AR15s. Heck, you can't hardly get a revolver from Smith and Wesson right now because most resources are being directed at producing M&P rifles to keep up the the accelerated demand.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Haven't you heard of American Exceptionalism?
Sorry, I'm not a big fan. How about you?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not a big fan. How about you?
Wait, don't tell me, I know the answer! Gun Grabber!!1!1!!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Quote:
Pretty good analysis.
Yes the slippery slope works with everything; just like the Defense of Marriage Act leads inexorably to concentration camps for gays.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
But you think rifles should be outlawed and people should only have handguns and shotguns for defense.
Nah, you can have your rifles too, I'm feeling generous

Quote:
I did no such thing. Guns protect against all kinds of homicides including genocides. Probably handguns and shotguns not so much with regards to genocides.
That's not what you told me earlier

Quote:
What's wrong with the uzi pistol? It's just a handgun which you said people should be able to have for defense. Do you not like it because it is black, or because it's Jewish, or what?
I dunno, you brought up the uzi pistol, what makes that different from a non-black, Jewish weapon?

Quote:
You mentioned something about law abiding citizens as though it was important. The point I hoped you would see was that law abiding citizens will sometimes commit terrible atrocities if the law tells them to do so.
Everybody knows that. But not doing anything about it, to me, is flawed reasoning. We need to do something about gun violence and reducing firearms is a good start
Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 AM

How do we know Uzi is Jewish? Is his mom Jewish? Does he keep kosher?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf333 View Post
Aalaya Walker was visiting a friend in St. Petersburg Monday when they decided they wanted some late-night waffles, The Tampa Bay Times reported. So Walker began preheating the oven — unaware that her friend, JJ Sandy, 25, was storing a magazine from his .45-caliber Glock 21 in the oven.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ffles#comments
The only defense against a bad oven with a mag...
Old 02-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf333 View Post
Nothin' says lovin' like bullets in the oven.

I stole that joke from the Daily Kos's weekly gun fail blog: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...VI?showAll=yes

Only 47 this week.

Last edited by Ca3799; 02-22-2013 at 04:37 PM.