Old 11-16-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
In an interview to air this Sunday, Chris Wallace questions Trump about Veterans Day.

CHRIS WALLACE: "But here is the question, you're back in town Monday, Veterans Day, why don't you go across the river to Arlington for that ceremony? Barack Obama went every year he was in D.C."

TRUMP: “I should have done that, I was extremely busy on calls for the country, we did a lot of calling as you know.”

CHRIS WALLACE: “But this is Veterans Day,”

TRUMP: “I could have done that. As you know I just left the day before the American Cemetery and I probably think — and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before. And I probably, you know, in retrospect, I should have. And I did last year (he didn't), and I will virtually every year. But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris. And I really probably assumed that was fine and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state — doing other things.”

CHRIS WALLACE: Why?

TRUMP: But I would have - I would have done it.
Holy shit.

Those are the words of a liar sinking into dementia/Alzheimer's.

That's Article 25 stuff right there.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:07 PM

And this fuck is not talking about creating defensible space (as the Fire Fighters were doing). He's talking about raking the forest.

This stupid fuck has never been any further into a forest than a mowed law will take him.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
Oh good. Not only are they bringing their leprosy and their smallpox, now they're bringing a plague of insects with them as well.
Ya ever have a cricket chirping behind the dresser all night? Well that pilgrim, is war.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
And this fuck is not talking about creating defensible space (as the Fire Fighters were doing). He's talking about raking the forest.

This stupid fuck has never been any further into a forest than a mowed law will take him.
and then, only if there is a cart path
Old 11-16-2018, 10:04 PM
SDSAB

A path! A path!
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Ya ever have a cricket chirping behind the dresser all night? Well that pilgrim, is war.
Got it covered.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan01 View Post
As far as it being a ploy, you may want to request answers about how this came about in the first place, and who has been paying to enable the caravan. THEY are the ones who had some grand plan, no?
OK, I request the answer. WHO has been paying to enable the caravan? George Soros? BTW, do you know how much he pays for illegal votes? It must be quite a lot to beat the risk/reward trade-off of simple shoplifting.

@ Magellan01: Mr. Railer seems to think that Trump comment shows ignorance. Can you enlighten us by telling us how insightful it was?
Old 11-17-2018, 05:46 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

I don't get the hate for "the caravan". Have they actually broken any US laws? If not, then STFU about it. It's not an invasion. It's not even a drop in the bucket regarding immigration. If anything, it's been a great way of showing how little the current president of the United States cares about any of his own country's laws, especially its basic law, the constitution.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I don't get the hate for "the caravan". Have they actually broken any US laws? If not, then STFU about it. ...
For the most part Republicans have shutted the F up about it now that the midterm elections are over.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I can imagine him issuing an executive order for a Federal forest-raking program and getting -- I dunno -- Canada to pay for it. Mexico still owes us for the wall.

Last edited by DesertDog; 11-17-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The military is going to provide non-contact support, freeing up those who can engage, and arrest if necessary, those trying to come in.
What on Earth does that mean? How can troops "free up" anyone from their regular jobs when they're legally prohibited from doing those jobs?

Quote:
As far as it being a ploy, you may want to request answers about how this came about in the first place, and who has been paying to enable the caravan. THEY are the ones who had some grand plan, no?
I've been assuming it was the Republicans. They, after all, are the ones who have been publicizing the caravan's existence and using it as a campaign issue.

Last edited by Little Nemo; 11-17-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
...Canada to pay for it.
Oh.

I thought we were covering for his Space Force thing.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:58 AM

busy doing other things like playing golf.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:44 AM
SDSAB

And wondering if his own slavishly-loyal VP is actually, you know, loyal - or not: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/17/polit...lty/index.html
Old 11-17-2018, 12:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I don't get the hate for "the caravan". Have they actually broken any US laws? If not, then STFU about it.
And remember to keep your mouth shut whenever you see or hear ANYTHING suspicious. The authorities are probably already busy not doing anything about it.
Quote:
It's not an invasion. It's not even a drop in the bucket regarding immigration.
If only it was a rusty, leaky bucket. Wonder how much of what type liquid this particular bucket holds - quantitatively speaking, that is?
Quote:
If anything, it's been a great way of showing how little the current president of the United States cares about any of his own country's laws, especially its basic law, the constitution.
It's hard for me to imagine how insane some people must be. Just exactly how in the fucking hell does executive action in securing the border correlate to the Constitution? Let's have a look see....

The preamble has a phrase about securing blessings of liberty.

The transmittal letter wraps up with "...and secure her freedom and happiness, is our most ardent wish."

The terms "border," "immigrant," "alien" and (big surprise) "caravan" appear nowhere in the documents.

Who's "general welfare" and "blessings of liberty" are we talking about here? How far out in left field do you have to be to associate this with fundamental constitutionality?

Last edited by BeenJammin; 11-17-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
What on Earth does that mean? How can troops "free up" anyone from their regular jobs when they're legally prohibited from doing those jobs?
The military cannot arrest anyone, maybe not even detain them (not sure). But they can help with logistics, erect structures and help process people. All that frees those who can detain arrest people to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
I've been assuming it was the Republicans. They, after all, are the ones who have been publicizing the caravan's existence and using it as a campaign issue.
There's been no evidence of that. But there is evidence that the caravan is being helped by 1) the Mexican government, 2) an organization called Pueblos sin Fronteras The people you see wearing vests organizing things, and 3) Beto O'Rourke's failed campaign.

Given that the last two receive(d) money from Soros, I think it's safe to say that he is funding the caravan efforts other ways, as well.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
And wondering if his own slavishly-loyal VP is actually, you know, loyal - or not: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/17/polit...lty/index.html
I saw that. And I had a suggestion for Trump. Which I sent to him via Twitter. Here’s what I sent, revised and expanded.

I’ve never doubted Mike Pence’s slavish and doglike obedience, but maybe you should exercise your droit de seigneur just to be sure. Pence could probably convince his “Mommy” to close her eyes and think of Jesus while you grab her pussy and fuck it. #MAGA #Trumpincest #cuckpence
Old 11-17-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
There's been no evidence of that. But there is evidence that the caravan is being helped by 1) the Mexican government, 2) an organization called Pueblos sin Fronteras The people you see wearing vests organizing things, and 3) Beto O'Rourke's failed campaign.

Given that the last two receive(d) money from Soros, I think it's safe to say that he is funding the caravan efforts other ways, as well.
Can't have a ridiculous conspiracy theory without a prominent Jewish bogeyman funding it! But that's quite a conspiracy, ain't it? Imagine, trying to provide food to hungry people! Those crazy Jews... always trying to feed hungry brown people!

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-17-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
The military cannot arrest anyone, maybe not even detain them (not sure).
It's interesting how the term "detain" gets applied under various circumstances. More civilized places involve tie wraps, bottled water and maybe a chain link cage. Other places start the process face down in the dirt with the muzzle of an AK-47 in your back.

Detention in the U.S. probably looks pretty good to alot of people south of the Rio Grande.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Can't have a ridiculous conspiracy theory without a prominent Jewish bogeyman funding it! But that's quite a conspiracy, ain't it? Imagine, trying to provide food to hungry people! Those crazy Jews... always trying to feed hungry brown people!
If you can get someone with an IQ above 100 to read the exchange and explain it to you, you'll discover that the what was being discussed was where the funding support for the caravan was coming from. Not the whether or those groups or individuals were good or bad.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenJammin View Post
It's interesting how the term "detain" gets applied under various circumstances. More civilized places involve tie wraps, bottled water and maybe a chain link cage. Other places start the process face down in the dirt with the muzzle of an AK-47 in your back.

Detention in the U.S. probably looks pretty good to alot of people south of the Rio Grande.
I think that's definitely the case.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
If you can get someone with an IQ above 100 to read the exchange and explain it to you, you'll discover that the what was being discussed was where the funding support for the caravan was coming from. Not the whether or those groups or individuals were good or bad.
And your conspiracy theorizing is batshit crazy. Some random campaigner talking about using funds to feed hungry people is not the same as "funding support for the caravan". That's nutty inforwars stuff. Perfect for Trump, of course. But in the real world, sometimes groups of desperate migrants get together and start walking, absorbing other migrants along the way. They use their limited funds and labor, and the charity of residents (and occasionally aid groups) along the way, to sustain themselves. And they can grow into massive amalgamations of literally hundreds of people (maybe even a few thousand!) that obviously present a great threat to the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the world, hundreds of miles away.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-17-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
But in the real world, sometimes groups of desperate migrants get together and start walking,...
Yeah and Napoleon reminded us an army marches on it's stomach almost 200 years ago. Any more flash news updates genius?
Old 11-17-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I think that's definitely the case.
If you acknowledge that that is what they are escaping from, then why do you need dehumanizing conspiracy theories to explain why they are coming?

Is it that you want to dehumanize these people as much as possible, so that you are not bothered when they are subjected to abuse and mistreatment? Or is it that you are actually stupid enough to believe these theories?
Old 11-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah and Napoleon reminded us an army marches on it's stomach almost 200 years ago. Any more flash news updates genius?
This "army" of literally hundreds of people might starve out the tiny country of Mexico and it's minuscule agricultural industry, in which the cost of tortillas and beans has skyrocketed to pesos per pound! Utterly terrifying, and a threat to global food production everywhere!

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-17-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:39 PM

The cost to feed those countless migrants in that vast caravan might literally be hundreds of dollars per day (or, God forbid, even thousands?)! Who could possibly fund such a plundering army, aside from the mastermind globalist Jews?

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-17-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
And your conspiracy theorizing is batshit crazy. Some random campaigner talking about using funds to feed hungry people is not the same as "funding support for the caravan". That's nutty inforwars stuff. Perfect for Trump, of course. But in the real world, sometimes groups of desperate migrants get together and start walking, absorbing other migrants along the way. Growing into massive amalgamations of literally hundreds of people (maybe even a few thousand!) that obviously present a great threat to the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the world, hundreds of miles away.
If you had been paying attention to the reporting, you would have SEEN that there are organizers helping. They are all in the same vests, mainly from Pueblo Sin Fronteras. Look it up. Or just go to time stamp 2:20 in this video.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
If you had been paying attention to the reporting, you would have SEEN that there are organizers helping. They are all in the same vests, mainly from Pueblo Sin Fronteras. Look it up. Or just go to time stamp 2:20 in this video.
Oh my god, aid workers provided aid to desperate migrants? Stop the presses! And alert Alex Jones! And don't worry, Trump is on the case... mastermind globalist Jews like Soros won't get away with this!

Dirty globalists, feeding literally hundreds as they slowly walk north... terrifying! How will the country survive if there are such massive crowds of hundreds of people slowly walking north and occasionally getting help with food and necessities?

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-17-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:54 PM
BANNED

This is probably OT, but if you're in a Trump thread, what the hell, right? People not practicing to become certified lunatics understand that conspiracy theories are BS, generally speaking. This is just an example of the tail wagging the dog. A "situation" arises, people react. Organization is a good thing, even in a disaster. Look for the inflection point(s). At what point does it transition from things like feeding hungry people and securing the border, to organizing an illegal mass border breach as an assault on the conservative government? And at what point does it become a lawful crackdown on liberal ideology?

Almost never, in the minds of rational people.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Jesus Christ! People are being civil and generous to the poor to the migrants? OMG, the horror! That’s a good thing you idiot! I am so fucking tired of reading your verbal diarrhoea. Why don’t you and Beenjammin just go get a room together and give the adults on this board a break?
Old 11-17-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
If you acknowledge that that is what they are escaping from, then why do you need dehumanizing conspiracy theories to explain why they are coming?

Is it that you want to dehumanize these people as much as possible, so that you are not bothered when they are subjected to abuse and mistreatment? Or is it that you are actually stupid enough to believe these theories?
What dehumanizing conspiracy theories have I put forth explaining why they are coming. WAIT—before you answer, make sure you have digested the lessons provided for you in Post #199 of the Tucker Carlson thread. You certainly wouldn't want to make the same dumbuck/dishonest mistake by attempting to support another one of your claims of what I said but quoting people other than me. Right?

And to get a better grasp of who the stupid one is, reread that post over and over until you fully understand that it is you.

No, don't mention it. I'm here to help.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
This is probably OT, but if you're in a Trump thread, what the hell, right? People not practicing to become certified lunatics understand that conspiracy theories are BS, generally speaking. This is just an example of the tail wagging the dog. A "situation" arises, people react. Organization is a good thing, even in a disaster. Look for the inflection point(s). At what point does it transition from things like feeding hungry people and securing the border, to organizing an illegal mass border breach as an assault on the conservative government? And at what point does it become a lawful crackdown on liberal ideology?

Almost never, in the minds of rational people.
Whatever that point is is miles and miles away. There is no national story here except for those who want to benefit from xenophobic and racist fear. Hundreds of people slowly walking north, with no indication they want to do anything aside from ask for asylum, are no threat to anyone or any country. There's no evidence of any organizing for "an illegal mass border breach". These caravans have come before, and most have simply presented themselves and asked for asylum, with maybe a dozen or so attempts at illegal crossings.

I'm mocking the risible fear-mongering, and those who are leaping for the fear-mongering bait, since laughing at such ridiculousness is better than crying about it.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 11-17-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latimera View Post
Jesus Christ! People are being civil and generous to the poor to the migrants? OMG, the horror! That’s a good thing you idiot!
Oh God, another dumbbell that can't follow a conversation. The information I provided was to show WHO was providing assistance. Not whether it is a good or bad thing. Little Nemo was of the mind that it was a conservative group(s). I shared evidence that points to the help coming from the left. Please try to pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latimera View Post
I am so fucking tired of reading your verbal diarrhoea.
Please provide your address and I'll be happy to call 911 and let them know that there is a man holding a gun to your head making you read posts on a message board that you don't like.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Oh God, another dumbbell that can't follow a conversation. The information I provided was to show WHO was providing assistance. Not whether it is a good or bad thing. Little Nemo was of the mind that it was a conservative group(s). I shared evidence that points to the help coming from the left. Please try to pay attention.

Please provide your address and I'll be happy to call 911 and let them know that there is a man holding a gun to your head making you read posts on a message board that you don't like.
Oooh! So witty! So edgy! Did your mom help you write that or did you come up with it all by your little self?
Old 11-17-2018, 02:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Whatever that point is is miles and miles away.
You got that right!
Old 11-17-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
What dehumanizing conspiracy theories have I put forth explaining why they are coming. WAIT—before you answer, make sure you have digested the lessons provided for you in Post #199 of the Tucker Carlson thread. You certainly wouldn't want to make the same dumbuck/dishonest mistake by attempting to support another one of your claims of what I said but quoting people other than me. Right?

And to get a better grasp of who the stupid one is, reread that post over and over until you fully understand that it is you.

No, don't mention it. I'm here to help.
Nah, I'm good. No one at all is fooled by your attempts at backtracking your intentional mischaracterizations of other's posts. I felt no need to respond to your inanity there, either, it stands on its own for anyone at all to judge, and I don't think that you come out well in that analysis. You can make up your own idea of what others post, and respond to them all day. If they don't actually relate to the posts that are made, there is absolutely no need to respond or even acknowledge them.

You don't think of people that you don't like as people that are worth continuing to live, that's fine. There are many people like you, they all voted for trump.

You show your colors even further in this thread, where you consider the very act of giving food to someone who is starving to be a global conspiracy to somehow harm your way of life.

You have a conspiracy theory that the only reason at all that someone would provide aid to starving people escaping violence and abject poverty is to do what now? What is it that you are saying that Soro's motivation is? Maybe, unlike you, there are other people who do see these people as humans that are worthy of continuing to live. Unlike you, they care about someone other than their own self.

Just accept that your heart is full of hate, and you posts full of lies. Maybe one day, you will step back, and consider your actions here, and be ashamed. That'll be the first step of you shedding the hatred that consumes you.

Let that be the lesson that you take from this thread. Shame is good, it tells you that you have room to grow. Allow that shame of realizing how little you care about your fellow human being, and how you would actually prefer to see a person die of starvation, exposure, or even violence than cause you the slightest bit of discomfort or inconvenience to help to guide you into not being a person who doesn't think of other people as humans, and tries to get others to join in.

I will leave the possibility that you are not actually this hateful, that you don't choose to use language and push ideas that degrade the basic worth of others, and that you are just stupid enough to follow those who would use you as a useless moron to push their agenda. If that is the case, I am truly sorry for you, very.

Last edited by k9bfriender; 11-17-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
The military cannot arrest anyone, maybe not even detain them (not sure). But they can help with logistics, erect structures and help process people. All that frees those who can detain arrest people to do so.

Anything that does not involve Project Veritas? They are not exactly what any sane person would call a reliable source.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf333 View Post
Anything that does not involve Project Veritas? They are not exactly what any sane person would call a reliable source.
Yet again another O'keefe video that has been edited in a way to make people sound as worst as possible, that there is no evidence in the video showing actual malfeasance is never noticed.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/be...unds-migrants/
Quote:
Like many of the videos previously published by O’Keefe and Project Veritas, the one published on 1 November was heavily edited, making the context of many conversation fragments and statements unclear:

O’Keefe has attracted criticism for editing and framing video footage in such a way as to unfairly harm the reputation of progressive organizations and politicians, and he has faced multiple lawsuits and even a criminal conviction for illegally entering the office of U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu in an attempt to tamper with her telephones.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:

As Wolf333 pointed out, any 'evidence' that involves Project Veritas is questionable at best.

But what about the statement that Soros is funding Pueblos sin Fronteras? Can you offer the evidence to back up this statement?

The New York Times doesn't think so.

But wait! A Google search reveals that something called Big League Politics has CONFIRMED that Soros has funded this organization:

Soros founded and presumably still gives money to the Open Society Foundations.
The Open Society Foundations has given money to the National Immigration Forum.
The National Immigration Forum has given money to an organization called Centro Sin Fronteras.
Centro Sin Fronteras is the parent organization of La Familia Latina Unida.
La Familia Latina Unida is the parent organization of Pueblo Sin Fronteras.

There's the evidence in black and white; no further proof needed! Soros has indeed given money to Pueblo Sin Fronteras.

But if you would care to offer some further corroboration, we'd all appreciate it, I'm sure.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:26 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
For the most part Republicans have shutted the F up about it now that the midterm elections are over.

You must be talking about Republican office holders and Republican candidates. The general run-of-the-mill Republican "trumpists" of my acquaintance cannot shut the fuck about Hillary's E-mail, Benghazi, and, yes, they won't even shut the fuck up about Obama being a "damn dirty foreign-born Muslim". You don't seriously think they'll shut the fuck up about a bunch of "damn dirty...", well, you know.

Last edited by Monty; 11-17-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:05 PM

I hear ya, the rank and file are still out of their minds. One of the dumber ones at work just prior to the midterms was talking about- I assume- Vince Foster. He seemed pretty proud of himself and his sarcastic suspicion that "Clinton's lawyer committed suicide in the park by shooting himself in the back of the head."

Yup, ain't getting nothing by that one. Take it to the bank, he's a Trump voter.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
As Wolf333 pointed out, any 'evidence' that involves Project Veritas is questionable at best.

But what about the statement that Soros is funding Pueblos sin Fronteras? Can you offer the evidence to back up this statement?

But wait! A Google search reveals that something called Big League Politics has CONFIRMED that Soros has funded this organization:

The National Immigration Forum has given money to an organization called Centro Sin Fronteras.

There's the evidence in black and white; no further proof needed! Soros has indeed given money to Pueblo Sin Fronteras.

But if you would care to offer some further corroboration, we'd all appreciate it, I'm sure.
Yeah, the About page on Big League Politics's website claims to be neutral, neither conservative nor liberal. And yet their front page articles include, "Watch Andrew Gillum's Losing Speech", "Thousands of Provisional and Absentee Ballots ‘Found’ in New Mexico, Democrat Leads Republican", and "15 Arrests In Georgia: Democrat State Senator Arrested At Capitol In Vote-Count Fiasco" (note Democrat and not Democratic). They also have a page called "Fake News Media", including an article about Jim Acosta having his White House pass restored, labeling the restoration ridiculous".

I also got a popup ad talking about how "We voted Hillary out".

According to Wikipedia, Big League Politics was founded by former Breitbart employees.

According to Daily Beast, BLP's editor in chief called Alex Jones his Walter Cronkite. The site is owned by former consultants to the Roy Moore campaign. They even took over the Roy Moore for Senate Twitter account, with all of its followers, and renamed it as the Big League Politics twitter account

Last edited by Rick Kitchen; 11-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:56 PM

This whole mess would be much less humiliating for the Trump supporter in question if he just said he was scared of the brown people seeking asylum and wanted them repelled regardless of whether or not they're breaking any laws or pose a threat.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Nah, I'm good. No one at all is fooled by your attempts at backtracking your intentional mischaracterizations of other's posts. I felt no need to respond to your inanity there, either, it stands on its own for anyone at all to judge, and I don't think that you come out well in that analysis. You can make up your own idea of what others post, and respond to them all day. If they don't actually relate to the posts that are made, there is absolutely no need to respond or even acknowledge them.

You don't think of people that you don't like as people that are worth continuing to live, that's fine. There are many people like you, they all voted for trump.

You show your colors even further in this thread, where you consider the very act of giving food to someone who is starving to be a global conspiracy to somehow harm your way of life.

You have a conspiracy theory that the only reason at all that someone would provide aid to starving people escaping violence and abject poverty is to do what now? What is it that you are saying that Soro's motivation is? Maybe, unlike you, there are other people who do see these people as humans that are worthy of continuing to live. Unlike you, they care about someone other than their own self.

Just accept that your heart is full of hate, and you posts full of lies. Maybe one day, you will step back, and consider your actions here, and be ashamed. That'll be the first step of you shedding the hatred that consumes you.

Let that be the lesson that you take from this thread. Shame is good, it tells you that you have room to grow. Allow that shame of realizing how little you care about your fellow human being, and how you would actually prefer to see a person die of starvation, exposure, or even violence than cause you the slightest bit of discomfort or inconvenience to help to guide you into not being a person who doesn't think of other people as humans, and tries to get others to join in.

I will leave the possibility that you are not actually this hateful, that you don't choose to use language and push ideas that degrade the basic worth of others, and that you are just stupid enough to follow those who would use you as a useless moron to push their agenda. If that is the case, I am truly sorry for you, very.
I am going to quote your entire thread. Very well said.

The trump administration has opened my eyes to the fact that there are many more racists in this country than I thought imaginable. This is my fault. I should have known.

But it's worse than that. There are people that can't see facts. They don't disregard facts. They can't recognize them. They have know idea how to tell truth from lie. They don't care as long as it supports their fiction. Their belief that anything and everything is somebody else's fault and problem and the OTHERS are to blame. Trump supporters are proof of this.

I am ashamed of those that won't realize that the world can and does change. They need to look towards the future and not just walk back into a coal mine because their daddy did. I'm ashamed for our country because these people would rather walk backwards than look forward.

We know about the nuts that claim the earth is flat, or the moon landing is a hoax. They are easy to brush aside as simpletons that can't look at facts. But to discover that nearly half of our country supports a simpleton crook that only cares for himself is a bit sobering.

People that support trump actually want a moron to make the laws and conditions that will affect their life. They WANT an IDIOT to be in charge of their life.

Why?
Old 11-17-2018, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I am going to quote your entire thread. Very well said.

The trump administration has opened my eyes to the fact that there are many more racists in this country than I thought imaginable. This is my fault. I should have known.

But it's worse than that. There are people that can't see facts. They don't disregard facts. They can't recognize them. They have know idea how to tell truth from lie. They don't care as long as it supports their fiction. Their belief that anything and everything is somebody else's fault and problem and the OTHERS are to blame. Trump supporters are proof of this.

I am ashamed of those that won't realize that the world can and does change. They need to look towards the future and not just walk back into a coal mine because their daddy did. I'm ashamed for our country because these people would rather walk backwards than look forward.

We know about the nuts that claim the earth is flat, or the moon landing is a hoax. They are easy to brush aside as simpletons that can't look at facts. But to discover that nearly half of our country supports a simpleton crook that only cares for himself is a bit sobering.

People that support trump actually want a moron to make the laws and conditions that will affect their life. They WANT an IDIOT to be in charge of their life.

Why?
If the alternative is that they would be in charge of their OWN life, there's not a whole lot of functional difference...
Old 11-17-2018, 09:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Yeah, the About page on Big League Politics's website claims to be neutral, neither conservative nor liberal. And yet their front page articles include, "Watch Andrew Gillum's Losing Speech", "Thousands of Provisional and Absentee Ballots ‘Found’ in New Mexico, Democrat Leads Republican", and "15 Arrests In Georgia: Democrat State Senator Arrested At Capitol In Vote-Count Fiasco" (note Democrat and not Democratic). They also have a page called "Fake News Media", including an article about Jim Acosta having his White House pass restored, labeling the restoration ridiculous".

I also got a popup ad talking about how "We voted Hillary out".

According to Wikipedia, Big League Politics was founded by former Breitbart employees.

According to Daily Beast, BLP's editor in chief called Alex Jones his Walter Cronkite. The site is owned by former consultants to the Roy Moore campaign. They even took over the Roy Moore for Senate Twitter account, with all of its followers, and renamed it as the Big League Politics twitter account
Care to borrow a comb, Rick?

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 11-17-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Hmmm, I'm lost here, unless it's because he's being... kooky?
Old 11-17-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:

I'm quoting this part because this is the scariest part of the Trump phenomenon. I just can't wrap my brain around it. It's not like any objective observer could say well of course, President Obama use to tell lies every single day too. Nothing like this has ever happened before. Is it some kind of bacteria infecting people's minds? Is it drugs? Something in the water?

Every day this ridiculous person spouts falsehood after falsehood and none of his followers call him on any of it. Is it a cult? Did he brainwash them somehow? Are they all about to drink koolaid or prepare to board a spaceship with Captain Tommy Cruise? Is it the zombie apocalypse and we just haven't realized it yet?

It's deeply fucked up.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:03 PM

Yes, it's the zombie apocalypse and the zombies wander around groaning "Lock heeerr uuuuupp".
Old 11-17-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Hmmm, I'm lost here, unless it's because he's being... kooky?
Yeah, this is over my head as well.