Old 05-21-2019, 06:54 AM

Happy Toosday!

Well, not so happy, I woke a half hour before I needed to get up and figured I may as well stay up.
I also went to bed later than usual because I got a call at near the end of my shift that went well over my quitting time. Good thing it was an easy call, because I was having trouble staying awake.

It's a chilly 55 degrees outside this morning, but the sun is shining. Supposed to get up to 72.

I have a lot to do today, not sure what order to do what. I left my clothes on the line overnight, I need to get them in and take out this morning's load to hang up. I forgot to give Ripple his pills yesterday. I messed up my pills yesterday and took the evening pills in the morning and the morning pills at night. I have them messed up in the pill box, so I need to rearrange everything. I want to go to Lowes or Home Depot to get some plants, and I'm also thinking about getting some river rock for beside the house. I can order it online and Home Depot will deliver for free, but I think I'd like to see it before buying it. I want put it around the gas meter and the air conditioner. My son has to call his adviser back today, around 3, to go over what other classes he needs to graduate. I know he wants me to be here for that. He still needs to whack the back yard.

Hope everything is okay with your heart Sticky.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Metal Mouse - why are you watching that Amtrak train?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
cause trains are cool? could i get a link to that site rat?
Sunny, shady's got the heart of it; I've loved watching trains since I was a young kid and it's never left me. Shady, the site is Virtual Railfan (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOI...1N2BvrsBjhNlag), I tend to be found at LaPlata, Horseshoe Curve, and Deshler, but if you like trains, all of them are busy.

Nava, bet you they do make Belgium-only cans. Probably some EU regulation, or France is just being pissy, which the French do so well...

Weatherfolk say we will break 90F today, so indoor activities are indicated. Breaking fast shortly. All y'all take care.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:02 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Have I ever mentioned to you that there are big chunks of both the Ford and Carter administrations that are a complete mystery to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post

If you just remember that governments exist to protect the ruling class, and in Merika the ruling class is the people with all the money, things will become much clearer.
That part I remember; its more the personal adventures I am talking about. Although judging by the pictures and stories friends tell I had one helluva time.

PS -- thank you for shopping Amazon for light and easy to handle items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

It's okay; Reagan didn't remember much of his administration.
I forget the show that first proposed the idea as a joke but ---------- I still wonder if Ronnie was senile long before he was elected and thought it was just one long movie shoot. With Nancy saying "Now this is the scene where we talk about Russia" and stuff like that.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Closing shift tonight.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:12 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Agus fágaimíd siúd mar atá sé.
I'd see a doctor about that rash. Once your ata se spreads to your agus the creams usually don't help much.

Quote:

Stoopit allergies; Immabout ready to take a gun to my nose.
You got some 3F handy right? Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Spidey, you don't want to take a gun to your nose; because how would you smell? (Everybody:
SPOILER:
TERRIBLE! HE NEVER TAKES A BATH!

NO NO NO ----- it's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGbe5qy5274
Old 05-21-2019, 08:53 AM

Afternoon, mumpers! I am still living and working in Crazy Town, and will be here for the next three weeks until the exams are finished and we get through end of session stuff. I'm permanently tired but I am sure I'll survive as long as people stop asking stupid questions...

Generally things are ok though, mum is scheduled for 13 days of radiotherapy for her lung tumour which will start mid-June when she comes back from a short holiday. She told the consultant at the horsepickle that there was no way she was starting treatment before her holiday, and the doc was sensible enough to agree with her.

Other than that, life rumbles on.

rosie's .sig to all!
Old 05-21-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Sunny, shady's got the heart of it; I've loved watching trains since I was a young kid and it's never left me. Shady, the site is Virtual Railfan (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOI...1N2BvrsBjhNlag), I tend to be found at LaPlata, Horseshoe Curve, and Deshler, but if you like trains, all of them are busy.
I was there in Feb; might make it back next month, too (iffn I get better & can train/race soon enough that it pays to go out there & not embarrass myself with a pathetically slow time.) because a race where you shoot stuff is always fun!

...& you're right; can't remember the last time I took a bath. However, I have showered at least once a day since last Thursday. (prolly more than that, too just can't remember the details of an ordinary, hum-drum day any further back.)

Quote:
You got some 3F handy right? Problem solved!
Iffn I put some 3F in my nose, I could prolly blow thru the vault(s) at Ft. Knox on my next sneezing fit.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
bumba, that's just a bit more than I pay for the Kroger strips ($22 for 100). I may check into that as an option though.
Well my pharmacy, which is the cheapest place for me to buy drugs (I checked), wanted over $1.00 per strip. I figgered 25 cents a strip was pretty good. I'll have to go check at Freddies (Kroger bought it after Fred died). But if I need to buy a new reader to use their strips it may be a wash.

Quote:
Stoopit allergies; Immabout ready to take a gun to my nose.
"You'll shoot your nose off, kid!"

Quote:
And heck, Ford and Carter didn't remember much of their terms either....
Carter was(is) a very good man and very smart. He was just too nice for Washington and they ran all over him. As for Ford? Ford who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks and Scones View Post
Oh, forgot to mention in the midst of the chaos having to leave and getting fitted with a 24 hour heart monitor for the pesky heart palpitations that I’ve been having lately.
Hope the docs get you sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
I am left handed and have the handwritin' of a serial killer. When I write in cursive I expect a SWAT team to show up. However, I can print fairly neatly.
I have to print everything. People can't read my printing either.

My fitbit thinks I slept 3hrs 50min last night. It's gonna be a real productive day.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:34 PM

I just spent an hour doing irk stuff but it’s done. I am so lazy. I have to finish up the laundry and need to spruce up the house in anticipation of the maid coming tomorrow.

I think I shall nap a bit too. Supper will be hamburgers cause it’s been a while.

If y’all ain’t watching Chernobyl on HBO you are cheating yourself.

Happy Tuesday All!
Old 05-21-2019, 01:54 PM

Good news for the day is that my son got the state money for school. The could have been upsetting news is that if the school hadn't called us we would have lost it because we had only a short time period to accept it.
It will pay for one summer class, I'll have to pay for the other.

The drunks next door are blasting rap again.
It sounded like a lot of arguing again today.

Great day at the park.
We were there for a bit by ourselves then a husky showed up, and much playing. Then the airedale showed up, the husky and airedale almost got into a fight, but then everybody started playing. By the time the Chesapeake Bay retriever got there everybody was winding down, and then came the pit. She got everybody stirred up, five happy dogs running, tumbling, body slamming, and wrestling all over the place. It was a good group of dogs, pretty evenly matched. I expect all of them but the pit will go home and collapse.
Ripple is pretty tired, when I asked him if he was ready to go home he started for the gate.

After my son calls his adviser we will go outside to whack the yard, and I need to cut down some weeds in the front yard.
Home Depot can wait until tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

I mentioned I was going to start shooting through my camera collection. This morning I finished off the first roll. I was going to take the film to Costco, but they don't process film anymore. There's an independent shop in Bellingham I can go to. They charge $11.96 for developing and scanning 36 exposures to a CD, or $19.81 for the same plus 4" x 6" prints. Downtown Bellingham is a Charlie Foxtrot when it comes to driving and parking. I'll get there somehow, though.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Laundry has been laundered and put where it stays until used and dirtied up again. Sup prep is underway, and I went rogue and went to the Pubic Sto' today and got provisions. Imagine! Out of my routine! OK, I went cause I needed shrimpies for tonight's sup. Still, I changed my routine!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

I bought my purple Jeep Cherokee new, out of a catalogue at the dealership, in 1999. Not long after I got it, I put on a Yakima roof rack system: Raingutter 1A towers, RoundBar bars, and LoadWarrior cargo basket. It's been great, though it's been in storage for a long time. The Jeep doesn't get great mileage, and the drag from the rack doesn't help. Since the Jeep is not driven much anymore, I decided to put the rack back on. It's been useful getting building materials, since Mrs. L.A. sold her pickup.

Well, there's a part missing. It seems that sometime, somewhere, a bolt came loose and I lost one of the shear block bases. (This is a plastic 'saddle' or base for the metal bit that holds the crossbar.) I managed to rip the plastic end cap that needs to be removed before you can remove the bar. I ordered a new set of shear block bases and a set of RoundBar End Caps (four each; I need one each), but they're out of stock on the thin wrench that is needed. Maybe I have a wrench that will fit, but I thought I'd better use the tool they originally supplied. I looked on eBay, and realized I didn't know what size the Yakima Qwik Wrench is. I called Yakima and a recording asked me to wait. Eventually I gave up. I called my local REI store (I'd bought the system from REI) to ask the dimensions and was put on hold for a long time. It was lunchtime, so I decided to try again later. After lunch, they couldn't help me. OK, I'll try Yakima again. This time I got right through. I asked the nice woman if she could tell me the dimensions of the wrench so I could buy one off of eBay, and she put me on hold. When she came back, she said they had one they could send me. She took my name and address, and said I should have it in five to seven days.

I totally did not expect that.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:29 PM

Hi Boofae! Was wondering how things were going for you and your Mum. I'm sure exams aren't much more fun from that side than from this one, though I guess I don't have so many of them to worry about...

My bees are vaguely thinking about swarming; they're not quite sure yet, but they're doing the bee version of leaving tiny 'New homes in your area' brochures around. This is pretty normal, if the first time I've actually had to deal with it, but dammit guys, timing... I did not need more things to do this week, and that means I have to find time to make up spare kit. I should have it all ready, but wax moths got in to my kit and I hadn't got round to sorting it yet. Of course.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:33 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Did the Mumper recipe site disappear? I can't find my bookmark...
Old 05-21-2019, 03:57 PM

Oh I can tell you, we are not going to listen to this shit all fucking summer.

I have my windows closed and still can't hear my TV.

I am very very stressed from just dealing with the college, have I ever told you their website is a piece of shit?

So my son is registered for 3 summer classes, I don't know why three, but three it is. They are paid for, books are ordered and paid for. It's a pain in the ass that I can't talk to them even though I am the one who is paying. I get that it is the law but damnit, they are willing to take MY money, at least they should talk to me about the billing stuff. I told the woman that my son isn't going to know anything about the money. She laughed, because I am sure most students have no idea about the money.

He will be taking two classes on campus in the fall, back to back, same professor, same classroom.
That will be good for him.

But
I am very grumpy right now.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 05-21-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We have supped, the kitchen is cleanded, and all is well.

MOOOOOOM One Mumper Recipe Blog comin' up!
Old 05-21-2019, 05:03 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Thanks, swampster! I was hoping you'd have saved it! You da bestest!!
Old 05-21-2019, 06:18 PM

sticky, I feel your pain working shorthanded. I hope it gets better soon.

nut, the nuns taught me penmanship and I can do calligraphy, but my everyday handwriting gets worse the older I get.

bumba, the Kroger meter will only set you back $10.

You're not going to the Pubic Sto' on Wednesday swampy? Quelle horor!

Today was busy, but my cow-orker who just came back from her cruise and I are making some plans. When the old bat takes off again next month (we see the writing on the wall), her area shouldn't be so bad, since we're actually reconciling it correctly.

Nelson got to meet the new neighbor's other dog today (neither are the one who came at us yesterday). One dog is a mastiff, who he'd already met, and the other is a German Shepherd. They were all friendly towards each other. Much butt sniffing and tail wagging ensued. The neighbors (father and son) are good examples of responsible dog ownership. They didn't think they would ever be living in an apartment when they got the dogs, but take them for walks multiple times a day and to the dog park at least once a day. They were raised with a chihuahua, so they're used to little guys (ex-wife/mom got custody of the chi).
Old 05-21-2019, 07:10 PM

Shady my son has writing issues too. He'll need to use a keyboard to be understood - fortunately, that's the way of the world now.

Nut - I liked your drunken spider.

Nava - Clearly, Belgium has plans for France.

Metal Mouse - My dad is a train buff. We spent summer vacations driving around the country. We went to a lot of national parks, but we also spent a lot of time following old rail lines. I remember many a time sitting and counting cars in a passing freight train. Dad was quite the wild man.

I took my daughter to a doctor's appt today. Tomorrow is another IEP meeting for my son. Thursday is a different doctor for my daughter.

Things are busy but I'm also filled with this sense of dread. I don't really think something terrible will happen, but it feels like something will. Just stress I hope.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:34 PM

Well kitty passed on at a quarter to 12 today after a long slow night .... shed been having seizures every 10 or so minutes this morning and just rolled over .......

the one that was supposed to have passed on 5 years ago is almost done ...for most of her life she lived up to the name "evil kitty" until she developed something like alzheimers for cats ... and became lovable.... or at least not trying to kill everyone and thing that was within 6 inches of her ......

but on the train subject, you know those people that retire on cruise ships? if I could find a train that would move along more than one route that would be me
Old 05-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Old 05-21-2019, 08:21 PM

I'm sorry about your kitty shady. She knew who loved her.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:26 PM

Evening all. Nappage was completed this afternoon and spent a little time outside before the Tuesday Mac-N-Cheese dinner. No rain down here, but anyone in the mid-west, y'all take care.

Shady, sorry about the cats, but Father Time is the undisputed champ.

Red, a Mastiff? Nelson could probably ride him bareback to the dog park. Glad at least some of your neighbors are responsible owners.

Sari, you're allowed one good grump per day; more is usually bad for your health, but one seems to be needed. Use tomorrow's on the neighbors; blast Wagner at them (The Ring Cycle should drive them to surrender). Glad the pup got to play and actually going to school will be good for Sah-son.

Nut, good luck on the swarming.

LA John, that's a lot of effort for one wrnech, but at least you had (hopefully) a happy ending.

Everybody else take care and catch you on the Hump day.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:26 PM

I'm sorry about kitty Shady.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
I mentioned I was going to start shooting through my camera collection. This morning I finished off the first roll. I was going to take the film to Costco, but they don't process film anymore. There's an independent shop in Bellingham I can go to. They charge $11.96 for developing and scanning 36 exposures to a CD, or $19.81 for the same plus 4" x 6" prints. Downtown Bellingham is a Charlie Foxtrot when it comes to driving and parking. I'll get there somehow, though.
Hmmm, I get my pics electronically right after I take them. No cost, no need to drive downtown.

Also, I've had a Thule rack for years; at least since the 3rd digit in the year was a 0 & maybe even back to when it was a 9. I had the fairing for it. However, when I got my current car, it didn't work. Stoopit design. The rubber feet sat on the glass of the sunroof. When I opened sunroof, they fell it & the ends were sitting on the paint/roof. I had no choice but to take it off but it was noisy (old skool skware bars). Thule didn't have a solution, but Yakima did; they were called Windjammers. Looks like they don't make them anymore but a quick look found one on ebay, & it's even outish your way. Either get that or a fairing as they both cut down on noise & help reduce the mileage loss.

The turbo brush hand tool (to clean the stairs) isn't working. Can't figger it out either. It worked last time I used it. I took it apart & cleaned it out & can make it manually turn w/o issue but when I put it into the hose (which does have suction)...nothing.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:16 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. Am now a St. Louis Blues fan, at least till mid-June.

{{{shady}}}}
Old 05-21-2019, 11:20 PM

well, second kitty I was talking about is gone also ......what a day ...although I wasn't really close with"evil kitty" most of her life ..shell be missed ......her litter mate is all confused as she has no one to snuggle with since both cats went down at the same time ......... we still have 3 cats tho
Old 05-22-2019, 04:18 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 68 Amurrkin out and dark (fair accordin' to TWPTB) with a predicted high of 95 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. I need to deal with stuff at the church house today. Rah. Hopefully that gets taken care of this mornin'. The folks who installed the irrigation system are supposed to be there around nine to fix a couple of leaks. Whilst I'm there I shall also haul the biiiiiiiiiiiig trash cans all the way down to where they go for pickup tomorrow. I foresee an afternoon of quality cee-mint pond time. Sup shall be burgers 'n fries just cause.

{{{Shades}}} sorry about the kitties!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, alas and alack, I must needs purtify and don appropriate goin' about the public attire.

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 05-22-2019, 04:31 AM

thanks, swampy for reminding me I need to take out the trash before I go to bed ...tho it's 2:30 here what time is it in the swamps ?

tomorrows gonna be a long day just cause it will be .....
Old 05-22-2019, 04:38 AM

thanks all for the sympathetic thoughts ..... i needed a lot of it today and probably for a while ......
Old 05-22-2019, 05:34 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

A night of strange dreams, unprompted by drugs of any sort... First, I was riding bikes with my sister-in-law, who's 70! We were speeding down a hill, and when we got to the bottom, my front tire was shredded. We were in the middle of nowhere, no cell signal, trying to figure out what to do. Then Roxy started crying and woke me up, so I was saved!

Then daughter's ex was apparently still married to her. He bought a van that was configured like an RV inside, and he intended to park it in our yard so they could live in it. It must have been a Tardis van, because it was at least 3 times bigger inside than outside. Oh, and tho she was married to her ex again, Roxy was still their daughter. No matter, the alarm woke me from that one.

It's a nice, cool morning, but heat is in store for the weekend. The HVAC for the shop will be installed starting next Tuesday. Our chimneys and inserts are clean. And all in all, life is good.

Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-22-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Not available here yet but I note the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Nava - Clearly, Belgium has plans for France.
Favorite touristy item seen this year, in Bretagne: "France: small country between Bretagne and Belgium".

Regarding going-ons in the rest of the world, 1) Cough cough ach-ach-achoo *blows nose* 2) having another round of interviews with a prospective long-term employer 3) some of the emails I get from agents are so absurd they're too stupid to be funny ("expert in international shipping, Iowa law and corrosion prevention, green-belt certified, salary 12000 €, must be under 27").

Last edited by Nava; 05-22-2019 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:10 AM

Blurf Up early doing yet more laundry. Housekeeper comes this AM.

Two more days of sloth. Then I have to irk a day and a half and have two 1/2 more days off. Blurf
I really needed this time off.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:34 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:42 AM

Happy Hump Day!

It was a N.O.S. but chilly 48 when I woke up this morning.
Supposed to get up to 73.
I had to pull a long sleeved t-shirt out of storage, yesterday was chilly, so I sat in the sun. Today my skin on my arms is more than slightly pink.

The hair on Antler's tail is growing back in. Although the last two inches or so is still hairless.

I kept Ripple home from day care today.
I really need to get to Lowes or Home Depot and get the plants for the side yard and some river rock.

My son has to call his adviser back again today, but he says today he is putting me on the phone. We'll see.
He needs to apply for graduation, and there are several questions about that. He is getting a degree in Liberal Studies, but I am wondering if it should be changed since his focus is on Management and Marketing. Why he is going in that direction? Mr. Shy who can barely talk on the phone to somebody without feeling sick? There is also some kind of Liberal Studies paper he has to do to graduate, it counts as one credit, but the instructions are rather vague.

The neighbors finally turned the music off around 10. The neighbors on the other side of them don't like them, so I expect they will call the landlord to complain. It wouldn't be the first time.

I'm sorry about your kitties {{{Shady}}}
Old 05-22-2019, 08:08 AM

Shady, losing one pet is bad enough...losing two basically at the same time must be terrible. my condolences to you and your remaining cats.

Sari, does Sah-son get counseling? I mean, one of these days he's going to not have you to lean on and have to take on some human contact.

Nava, those requirements would make modest sense until it asks for expertise in Iowa law. Why not Nebraska law or Illinois law? Why Iowa law?

FCM, no dreams remembered by me, but yours are always entertaining.

swampy, cheeseburgers are also on my menu this evening, albeit without fries (I don't keep french fries, ice cream, potato chips, or cookies in the house lest my weight balloon such that I end up on a TV program...)

OK, raisin toast is awaiting me in the kitchen, and I must answer its' siren call...Oh, and it's due to hit 91F today, so inside I will be.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:44 AM

Finally all the laundry is clean and folded/ hung. My bed is covered in folded laundry. The housekeeper is doing her thing. Been watching Rawhide. Clint was fine back in the day.

I am actually starting to feel a little panicked about going back to irk. Weird.

Hugs Shady.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hmmm, I get my pics electronically right after I take them. No cost, no need to drive downtown.
If I wanted that, I'd use my DSLR.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:05 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
On a barely-related-in-a-MMP-sort-of-way note ------- my Dad collected Soviet stuff and one of his pride and joys was a safety award from Chernobyl. Its one of the few things from his collection I'm keeping. I still remember the big grin on his face when he showed it to me and watched me read "10 years of safe operation" and then the town name. And then let me do the math; it was awarded the year after the famous disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
I'm sorry about your kitty shady. She knew who loved her.
Same from here kiddo for both the kitties. Its a hard thing to wrap my brain around enough to expess but maybe this was their way of letting you grieve at once and not two days apart. Who knows? I got a lot of question for Him should I ever get the chance.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
On a barely-related-in-a-MMP-sort-of-way note ------- my Dad collected Soviet stuff and one of his pride and joys was a safety award from Chernobyl. Its one of the few things from his collection I'm keeping. I still remember the big grin on his face when he showed it to me and watched me read "10 years of safe operation" and then the town name. And then let me do the math; it was awarded the year after the famous disaster.
"It's not just just safe, it's Soviet Safe!"
Old 05-22-2019, 09:52 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
"It's not just just safe, it's Soviet Safe!"
I think I have mentioned this before and Dad was always fuzzy about some of the details but -------- somehow his pin collecting and connections lead to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTXnOubIWOk
I think it was one of his contacts or some relatives who supplied Barq's. Lord knows he got enough of the darn things through them that we were all sick of root beer for a loooooong time. He had this imp thing I always admired.

There are so many things I meant to ask him more about but ----------
Old 05-22-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I think I have mentioned this before and Dad was always fuzzy about some of the details but -------- somehow his pin collecting and connections lead to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTXnOubIWOk
I think it was one of his contacts or some relatives who supplied Barq's. Lord knows he got enough of the darn things through them that we were all sick of root beer for a loooooong time. He had this imp thing I always admired.

There are so many things I meant to ask him more about but ----------
I was trying to figure out how much dollars 400 rubles was worth in 1986 that I put together Kopek and rubles and how your nic name came about.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 05-22-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:18 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
I was trying to figure out how much dollars 400 rubles was worth in 1986 that I put together Kopek and rubles and how your nic name came about.
"Just a bad penny from another country."

It basically came from a family version of "Bad Penny" for trouble makers of sort-of "false kopeck". Of course we're talking a family where someone may just want to "add their 4 dengas" --------- think about it. I believe it was Swampykins who thought I was selling myself short so he inflated me. Wait ---------- that almost sounds dirty.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I believe it was Swampykins who thought I was selling myself short so he inflated me. Wait ---------- that almost sounds dirty.
Obligatory response.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:56 PM

Afternoon all. Bathroom has been cleaned and I rewarded myself with a short nap.

I've decided to go to Spartansburg, SC for the AYSO Section Soccer tournament, but haven't decided if I want to drive (about 6.5 hours) or fly. Flying is more expensive, what with having to rent a car, but otherwise I have to drive through Atlanta traffic, and I'll do almost anything to avoid that. Will search around for prices and decide tonight.

89F out. Should go check my mail, but with all the bills paid for the month, I'm not in a rush...

ruble, nice momento, as long as it doesn't glow in the dark...

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 05-22-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:58 PM

nava sounds like someone wants to sell farm related stuff.... iowas rather picky about obtuse things ....even though one cat was old and i think evil cat had cancer aunts throwing outvall the old cat stuff and getting new ..i think it was a waste but she wants to be careful...........weather wise its the feb rainy season all over again.....

spring/summer seems to have taken a vacation this year.....
Old 05-22-2019, 03:05 PM

{{{{{Shadey}}}}}

Went to the dentist this morning. I had a cracked tooth, complete with cavity, under a crown. Dentist removed the old crown and fixed the tooth, including a root canal, and put a temp crown on. Now I'm home trying to eat lunch. It ain't pretty.

Just got a call on the answering device telling me that my credit card was going to be charged $99 unless I call some 800 number right now. Like I've said before, we get so many of these scam calls I recognize the voices.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:02 PM

I'm sorry about both of your kitties shady. Hugs.

nava, are they really looking for a little person? And shady, Iowa does have some plants that make solar panels and mechanicals for windmills, so's there is a green energy industry there.

Nelson had his annual vet checkup this afternoon. He was a champ! Doc gave him a clean bill of health and we swung through Whitt's for a barbeque salad and a pup cup for him. He's chilling with his lovey now.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:16 PM

Evening all. Cheeseburgers have been consumed and internettin' is ongoing. Called my brother, Sis-in-law is home from her knee replacement, using a cane instead of a walker and not having a lot of pain, which is good. Several months from now she'll go in and they'll do the other knee.

All y'all have a good night.