Old 09-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Isn't it better to root out corrupt fascism by empowering the people of the United States to declare their preference for the rule of law---by voting for it?
By that argument, there is no place for impeachment at all. Just wait out the election cycle.

I don't believe the impeachment process should be the subject of a popularity contest, but clearly the politicos do.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
How is it "fighting" to simply surrender to corrupt fascism?

Isn't it better to root out corrupt fascism by empowering the people of the United States to declare their preference for the rule of law---by voting for it?
What nonsense is this? Doing nothing is "to simply surrender." Impeaching is fighting.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:13 AM

Trump's continual decline of his cognitive abilities.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I agree that we don't know what the coming months hold with respect to Trump's health---it's entirely possible that he'll suffer some health crisis (stroke; heart attack; something else) that will be so clearly debilitating that the Cabinet and Pence will actually put the 25th Amendment into action.

I still haven't seen an "impeach now" argument that works, though. How is it "fighting" to hand the House back to the Republicans and the WH back to Trump (assuming he remains minimally upright and coherent)? The 2020 election will not be determined solely by Woke Twitter. The majority of Americans, who oppose impeaching Trump, will determine that outcome. They will let Democrats who try to take things into their own hands, know their displeasure.

How is it "fighting" to simply surrender to corrupt fascism?

In this analysis you are missing the most important thing about impeachment. It's a process. it is not supposed to be undertaken only when the conditions are favorable. During impeachment the public opinion changes. That arena is where the struggle against fascism is played out.

Unless we just don't want to struggle because we never had to before and we shouldn't have to now? I don't feel comfortable with letting the rain wash aways the bad things. It's a new world and the rain may not do what you need it to.

Last edited by drad dog; 09-02-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:57 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Little View Post
As for the rest of your comment, I don't agree. Impeachment is their job whether or not the senate will vote to remove him.
As stated above, when the Republicans do no vote to impeach, Trump and folks who voted for him will regard that as a victory. Their belief in Trump will be strengthened.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Not everything is political. Sometimes it's just about right and wrong and standing up for your country. No one, no one, can predict what will ultimately happen in 2020. ...
Thank you. Those that will vote for Trump in 2020 know right now that they're going to vote for Trump in 2020. The House beginning impeachment right now has no effect on that whatsoever. They can't vote any harder, or with more force, or whatever the concern is.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
As stated above, when the Republicans do no vote to impeach, Trump and folks who voted for him will regard that as a victory. Their belief in Trump will be strengthened.
When the case has been made, but McConnell steps in and saves his ass in the senate, and keeps him in office, they may regard it as anything they want but the days when that matters will be over.

You realize the statement you made above also will pertain to all the other possibilties too: if dems don't impeach they can also declare victory. They will even if he is convicted.

Last edited by drad dog; 09-02-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:37 PM

It must be hurting Bill Clinton that by the end of this presidency he and Andrew Johnson remain the only members of the Impeachment Club.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepKillBeep View Post
I've no idea if bush has dementia, but he is definitely an idiot.
Not contesting your assertion that the CIA were deeply misguided in naming “The George Bush Center for Intelligence” (albeit, for the elder), quite a number of experts and armchair diagnosticians are under the opinion that he (w) suffered from dyslexia. Which fails to explain dad – perhaps there is a silver spoon malady that affects those raised in privilege.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
He's claiming that he's been exonerated now (no collusion! no obstruction!) and his base already views it as a victory. After all, if the DEMs aren't impeaching, then he must be innocent, right?

Seriously, the argument against impeachment is both bizarre and dead wrong. And every day that passes, the DEMs look weaker and more complicit, especially Pelosi.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Thank you. Those that will vote for Trump in 2020 know right now that they're going to vote for Trump in 2020. The House beginning impeachment right now has no effect on that whatsoever. They can't vote any harder, or with more force, or whatever the concern is.
Back at you. Because you are correct. His base isn't budging. The idea that impeachment will bring out more Trump voters than democrats, never-Trumpers, and independents, is laughable.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razncain View Post
I don't know. You seem to be under the impression that Trump actually pays attention to stuff. This is not a sign of the loss of anything, IMO.

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 09-03-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
Doing nothing is "to simply surrender."
Good thing the House Democrats aren't doing nothing, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
Impeaching is fighting.
If you mean an impeachment inquiry, it's already underway (search "Nadler" and "impeachment" and you'll find the story).

If you mean an impeachment vote: that's not fighting---that's handing a gift to Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drad dog View Post
During impeachment the public opinion changes.
How?

Please be specific: what are the mechanisms by which you expect public opinion to be changed? What will be different about the hearings to be held when Congress reconvenes, if there is a big "IMPEACHMENT" banner behind the committee members, or if (instead) there is no big brouhaha made about this being impeachment?

You appear to be assuming that the conditions present in the 1970s are present now: only four television channels, and no Internet.

If you are assuming that any hearings will be watched by a majority of Americans, then what leads you to assume that?

The next two posts express an implicit supposition found in many 'impeach now' arguments:

Quote:
Quote:
Back at you. Because you are correct. His base isn't budging. The idea that impeachment will bring out more Trump voters than democrats, never-Trumpers, and independents, is laughable.
The implicit assumption--which is quite false--is along the lines: nearly all American voters are like us in following political matters on a daily basis. The corollary is: therefore nearly all American voters have already decided whether Donald Trump is dangerously unfit, or is, instead, The Dear Leader--the best President ever.

In other words, you are basing your reasoning on the false premises that most voters are paying attention, and that most voters are absolutely certain of the answer to the question of whether or not an attempt to remove Trump is a good idea.

These ideas are simply wrong. They do not reflect reality. And the conclusions drawn through falsely assuming that they are true, are badly flawed.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Good thing the House Democrats aren't doing nothing, then.

If you mean an impeachment inquiry, it's already underway (search "Nadler" and "impeachment" and you'll find the story).

...<snip>...

These ideas are simply wrong. They do not reflect reality. And the conclusions drawn through falsely assuming that they are true, are badly flawed.
Thank you, Sherrerd, for continuing to be the voice of reason.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Thank you, Sherrerd, for continuing to be the voice of reason.
Thanks for that, but of course it's all down to my horror at the thought of Trump being able to boast of being COMPLETELY EXONERATED and VOTED INNOCENT and so on. Which will convince those masses who currently are paying little attention, that he has indeed faced a full judgment---and passed with flying colors. They will vote accordingly.

To the usual comeback some are likely to make, 'but if the House doesn't vote to impeach, then Trump will ballyhoo that as vindication,' I say* he could be doing that right now. And he isn't.

*Mentioned in post 148 of this thread; no one attempted to refute the point. https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...&postcount=148

Last edited by Sherrerd; 09-03-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddle Peghead View Post
I don't know. You seem to be under the impression that Trump actually pays attention to stuff. This is not a sign of the loss of anything, IMO.
Actually, it is. The article points out that not only has Trump heard of a Category 5 hurricane before Dorian, but he's heard of them and commented on them several times: Irma, Maria, Michael, AND he's said on several of those occasions that he'd never heard of a Category 5 hurricane before. This is not just inattention. This is a significant neurological deficit.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Actually, it is. The article points out that not only has Trump heard of a Category 5 hurricane before Dorian, but he's heard of them and commented on them several times: Irma, Maria, Michael, AND he's said on several of those occasions that he'd never heard of a Category 5 hurricane before. This is not just inattention. This is a significant neurological deficit.
As many people have said (but people keep forgetting, short-term memory being what it is ), if your mom/dad/grandma/spouse sounded like Donnie or used words the way he does or forgot stuff like he does, you'd have them at a neurologist's office in a heartbeat. If the CEO of a company sounded like him, the board would send him off for a neurological examination immediately.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks for that, but of course it's all down to my horror at the thought of Trump being able to boast of being COMPLETELY EXONERATED and VOTED INNOCENT and so on. Which will convince those masses who currently are paying little attention, that he has indeed faced a full judgment---and passed with flying colors. They will vote accordingly.
Which pays inadequate service to the notion that, having been acquitted by the Senate, the yoke of doubt will have been removed from his shoulders, he will thus be invincible, and his behavior will stray from the paddock to the south 40 on up to completely off the reservation. This, I think, the voters might notice.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Please be specific: what are the mechanisms by which you expect public opinion to be changed? What will be different about the hearings to be held when Congress reconvenes, if there is a big "IMPEACHMENT" banner behind the committee members, or if (instead) there is no big brouhaha made about this being impeachment?
See below. And, the difference in what you say above is that in addition to a banner, there will be an actual impeachment trial.

Quote:
The implicit assumption--which is quite false--is along the lines: nearly all American voters are like us in following political matters on a daily basis. The corollary is: therefore nearly all American voters have already decided whether Donald Trump is dangerously unfit, or is, instead, The Dear Leader--the best President ever.
I have no clue who this potential straw man is addressed to. Perhaps it isn't one, and you can point to who specifically believes this and has stated it here. As for me, I, an American voter, do not believe that all voters are like "us". And I would bet there are large numbers who don't fit into your convenient categories. But most important, I will say this: Trump's poll numbers have been up, and Trump's poll numbers have been down. Presumably they changed due to things that Trump has said and done. Therefore, if there are things that Trump did that lots of voters don't know about that would be more fully publicized in an impeachment trial, such as specific, detailed explanations of possible instances of obstruction of justice, it stands to reason that this could hurt Trump in the election. This is by no means guaranteed, but it is a possibility.

There are people on both sides of this discussion. Is it too much to ask from those of you who don't think an impeachment trial will hurt Trump to at least acknowledge the possibility that it could, instead of stating with such surety that there's no way that would happen?
Old 09-04-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
I was being a bit flippant about Trump's not paying attention. Certainly when people forget things they've said in the past, one might think there may be something neurologically wrong with them. I simply don't believe this is enough evidence to do this just because of the hurricane comments. Trump says things to suit his own needs at the moment. Truth is irrelevant. This must always be considered when one tries to interpret what is going on in Trump's (limited) brain.

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 09-04-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Which pays inadequate service to the notion that, having been acquitted by the Senate, the yoke of doubt will have been removed from his shoulders, he will thus be invincible, and his behavior will stray from the paddock to the south 40 on up to completely off the reservation. This, I think, the voters might notice.
My bold.

Probably not.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 AM

To add to what I said above, yes, the facts are out there vis a vis Trump's possible obstruction of justice. No one is going to seek these out. No one. The public needs to be spoon-fed. They need to hear Democrats going step-by-step through each instance, fleshing out Trump's actions and making them real, instead of just words on paper that biased commentators briefly comment on.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
My bold.

Probably not.
This is a pretty decent* example of what I said about surety above. Why don't you think this is a possibility?

* "pretty" decent, in that you did at least use the word "probably".

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 09-04-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
This is a pretty decent* example of what I said about surety above. Why don't you think this is a possibility?

* "pretty" decent, in that you did at least use the word "probably".
Because of what you said in the post just before:
Quote:
To add to what I said above, yes, the facts are out there vis a vis Trump's possible obstruction of justice. No one is going to seek these out. No one. The public needs to be spoon-fed. They need to hear Democrats going step-by-step through each instance, fleshing out Trump's actions and making them real, instead of just words on paper that biased commentators briefly comment on.
You're right that people need to be spoon-fed and taken step-by-step through a presentation of Donnie's transgressions. But who is going to sit still long enough for that? The sound bite and the meme rule. For example: the message of the Mueller report was "we didn't prove Donnie isn't a crook," but that's not what the public perceived. The right wingers said the president was exonerated and the lefties said Mueller blew it when he didn't get the message across with fireworks and a brass band.

Maybe I'm just consumed by my own pessimism.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Because of what you said in the post just before:
You're right that people need to be spoon-fed and taken step-by-step through a presentation of Donnie's transgressions. But who is going to sit still long enough for that? The sound bite and the meme rule. For example: the message of the Mueller report was "we didn't prove Donnie isn't a crook," but that's not what the public perceived. The right wingers said the president was exonerated and the lefties said Mueller blew it when he didn't get the message across with fireworks and a brass band.
Mueller was on TV for one day. The obstruction details in the Mueller report were discussed to some degree on cable "news" shows, but most Americans don't watch these. An impeachment trial would be day in and day out, and inescapable to anyone with eyes and ears. Would it harm Trump? Again, I don't know, but I think it's possible.

Quote:
Maybe I'm just consumed by my own pessimism.
Since you brought it up. I wasn't going to say this, but perhaps you and others are so consumed by the horror that Sherred mentioned that you aren't thinking completely clearly. Now obviously I have no way of knowing this and wouldn't just presume it to be true. Just being honest that it did cross my mind.

As for me, I was thinking of whether or not to impeach in terms of a football game. If you have the ball and the lead, and there's only a few seconds left in the game, you should generally play it safe and run out the clock, rather than try to score again. You might make a mistake and allow the other team to get the ball and win. Right now, there are more than a few seconds left for Trump, but time is running out. It's almost the fourth quarter, and Trump's disapproval rating is climbing. Maybe it's better to wait and see if it keeps going up, and then you don't have to bring out the big gun of impeachment, because the possibility of it helping him does exist. I'm okay* with this as of now, because I think Trump would lose an election against the current poll leaders. But that doesn't change my idea that impeachment could harm him, and I definitely don't think it should be off the table for good.

*Okay only in the sense of keeping him from getting elected. In general terms, I'm all for impeachment now.

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 09-04-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I was being a bit flippant about Trump's not paying attention. Certainly when people forget things they've said in the past, one might think there may be something neurologically wrong with them. I simply don't believe this is enough evidence to do this just because of the hurricane comments. Trump says things to suit his own needs at the moment. Truth is irrelevant. This must always be considered when one tries to interpret what is going on in Trump's (limited) brain.
That's how I took it, as just being facetious. Trump wasn't starting with much to begin with, so I get you saying really no loss of anything.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:31 PM

The link in this post from the elections thread should be required watching for anyone who thinks Donnie's mental functioning is where it was even four short years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I will say, the signs of his growing decline can be seen in this comparison between 2015 and 2019 Dotard:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...433230349?s=19
The difference between 2015 and 2019 is shocking. The energy level, clarity of speech, coherence-- the decline is stunning. The presidency usually ages people, but turning their brains to mush? His brain is turning to mush from some other cause.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
The link in this post from the elections thread should be required watching for anyone who thinks Donnie's mental functioning is where it was even four short years ago.

The difference between 2015 and 2019 is shocking. The energy level, clarity of speech, coherence-- the decline is stunning. The presidency usually ages people, but turning their brains to mush? His brain is turning to mush from some other cause.
I'm not disagreeing, but the former clips was from an exuberant campaign rally, in an environment where he thrives and feeds off of the energy in the room. The latter was a dry reading of a policy announcement in front of the White House. Maybe his slow, methodical speech was more boredom or an attempt to come across as "serious."

Any links to how he looked at his last campaign rally? That might be a bit more of an apples to apples comparison. And believe me, it pains me to give Trump any whiff of benefit of the doubt.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:04 PM

So today on TV, Trump showed a National Weather Service map of Dorian's projected path. The map was out of date. And someone, likely Trump, had used a Sharpie to crudely extend the landfall projection cone into Alabama. This map was offered as evidence that Trump's earlier warning to Alabama was based on what the NWS had told him at the time.

I kinda think this transparent charade weighs on the side of "mentally deficient liar" rather than "dementia patient". As painfully stupid as it is, it does show the ability to recall past events and make a coherent plan to cover them up. Sure, the plan was laughable and only made things worse, but there was some organized thinking behind it. This strikes me as the work of a stunningly ignorant and dishonest
asshole, but not a person with a neurological disorder.

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 09-04-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
So today on TV, Trump showed a National Weather Service map of Dorian's projected path. The map was out of date. And someone, likely Trump, had used a Sharpie to crudely extend the landfall projection cone into Alabama. This map was offered as evidence that Trump's earlier warning to Alabama was based on what the NWS had told him at the time.

I kinda think this transparent charade weighs on the side of "mentally deficient liar" rather than "dementia patient". As painfully stupid as it is, it does show the ability to recall past events and make a coherent plan to cover them up. Sure, the plan was laughable and only made things worse, but there was some organized thinking behind it. This strikes me as the work of a stunningly ignorant and dishonest
The only surprising thing about that incident is that it wasn't done with green crayon.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:

Oh, I don't know. I watched his presentation and it reminded me of two things: A 6-year-old trying to get away with something when he knew he'd been caught, and using one of the old Canadian World Domination maps. Hilarious satire from yesteryear but not so funny when it's your "president" and you watch him go through the process as he starts to take his own bullshit seriously.

I don't know if he's a psychopath, a sociopath, dementia-addled, a dumbass who is corrupt to the bone or any/all of the aforementioned, but it doesn't take a licensed clinician to see there is something deeply wrong with him.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:

One of the articles on this notes that it's illegal to knowingly disseminate a false weather prediction map.
Surely the president is subject to actual laws right?
We're not talking here about declassifying something on the fly, or security or something else, but an actual law that he broke.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
I don't know if he's a psychopath, a sociopath, dementia-addled, a dumbass who is corrupt to the bone or any/all of the aforementioned, but it doesn't take a licensed clinician to see there is something deeply wrong with him.
He is a real estate salesman. Lying about everything comes naturally to him.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengangmo View Post
Unfortunately, it would appear he's not.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
The only surprising thing about that incident is that it wasn't done with green crayon.
Crayons are a choking hazard. Trump's handlers know he can't fit a whole Sharpie in his mouth.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

Remember that time Obama said that he had visited 57 states, and when he was called on it, doubled down and showed reporters a map with hand-drawn lines dividing California, Texas and Alaska in half, with a new island doodled in the Gulf of Mexico, and how the US flag in the Oval Office suddenly had seven glittery new stars glued onto it? And how everybody in the public, the media and government just laughed it off, saying "heh heh, that's classic Obama for you!" Man, I miss those times.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengangmo View Post
One of the articles on this notes that it's illegal to knowingly disseminate a false weather prediction map.
We're not talking here about declassifying something on the fly, or security or something else, but an actual law that he broke.
My bold. I, acting as Trump's lawyer, would merely reply that my client knows nothing, and therefore all charges should be dropped.

Once again, this is not a sign of dementia, just par for the course for the dumbest, and more important, biggest liar, of a national leader in the history of ever.

Last edited by Fiddle Peghead; 09-05-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
See below. And, the difference in what you say above is that in addition to a banner, there will be an actual impeachment trial.
Mitch McConnell is still GOP leader in a GOP Senate, yes? Then what makes you think they'd be anything as quaint as an impeachment trial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Constitution, Art. II, Sec. 2, Par. 2
[The President] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States,
To which McConnell's response regarding judicial appointments by President Obama was, effectively, that nothing in the Constitution requires that the Senate provide that advice or consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Constitution, Art. I, Sec. 3, Par. 6
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.
Nothing in that provision says the Senate must try any impeachment, only that it has the power to try impeachments. You could argue that tradition or custom supports holding a trial on a House impeachment, but IMHO the proof of how far that would go in the GOP Senate is Supreme Court Justice Garland.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:00 PM

A thread about Trump's neurological health seems a good place to ponder the sanity, the rationality of a decision like this one:

New York (CNN Business)The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into four major automakers who have rejected the Trump administration's relaxed air pollution and mileage regulations.

The four automakers — Ford (F), Honda (HMC), Volkswagen and BMW — agreed in July to meet the tougher standards set by the California Air Resources Board rather than the Trump administration's rules, which would roll back standards put in place under former President Barack Obama.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/busin...ion/index.html

Not stable, not rational, not sane.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Charter Member

The man is having a psychotic episode as I type this, and has been having this episode for days. Anyone debating the other side of this is purposely not paying attention.

My $.02
Old 09-06-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
The man is having a psychotic episode as I type this, and has been having this episode for days. Anyone debating the other side of this is purposely not paying attention.

My $.02
+1
Old 09-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:

My $.02
Quote:
+1
Trump's psychotic episode is going to involve the entire government, potentially. He's got NOAA to throw the Birmingham National Weather Service under the bus, in an attempt to "prove" that Trump's 100%-wrong Sunday remarks were actually correct (they weren't) :

Quote:
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) released a statement Friday evening disavowing a days-old tweet from the National Weather Service that contradicted President Trump over the reach of Hurricane Dorian.

The NOAA statement, which was unsigned and posted to the agency's website on Friday, said that the "Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time."...
https://thehill.com/news-by-subject/...rump-hurricane

As the same source notes, Trump had gotten a Rear Admiral to back up his "I was right nanny nanny boo boo" claims on the day before. Of course the Rear Admiral probably had his fingers crossed behind his, er, rear, while spouting the mendacious remarks.

Trump will shut down the entire government unless CNN, MSNBC and the rest start broadcasting The Dear Leader Was Completely Right And We Were Completely Wrong messages post haste.

He might even resort to nuclear strikes. Would that surprise anyone?
Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

I have zero doubt that Trump wishes the fucking thing had hit Alabama.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I have zero doubt that Trump wishes the fucking thing had hit Alabama.
If Hannity has Trump's back the way I think he does, we can expect to see some doctored footage of 'Dorian's devastation of Alabama' in an upcoming show.

I mean, what does Sean care? It's not as though he has a journalistic reputation to protect.

Reality is whatever they say it is .... right?
Old 09-06-2019, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Trump is used to not having his business minions correct him, and he doesn't know how to deal with being mistaken.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Trump is used to not having his business minions correct him, and he doesn't know how to deal with being mistaken.
His fans know how to deal-- do like their hero does: 1) double down, 2) keep talking about it, and and 3) make money from it:
Quote:
President Trump's reelection campaign has started selling branded permanent markers following controversy this week over a map Trump displayed that apparently was altered with a black marker to back up his claims about Hurricane Dorian's original path

"Set the record straight!" reads the marker's description on the Trump campaign website.

The fine-point markers, emblazoned with Trump's signature in gold, use permanent ink and are made in America, the product description states.

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale tweeted a photo of the markers on Friday, writing: "Buy the official Trump marker, which is different than every other marker on the market, because this one has the special ability to drive @CNN and the rest of the fake news crazy! #KeepMarkersGreat."

Parscale tweeted later in the day, "Hundreds of sets already sold!"
linky
Old 09-07-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
A thread about Trump's neurological health seems a good place to ponder the sanity, the rationality of a decision like this one:

New York (CNN Business)The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into four major automakers who have rejected the Trump administration's relaxed air pollution and mileage regulations.

The four automakers — Ford (F), Honda (HMC), Volkswagen and BMW — agreed in July to meet the tougher standards set by the California Air Resources Board rather than the Trump administration's rules, which would roll back standards put in place under former President Barack Obama.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/busin...ion/index.html

Not stable, not rational, not sane.
"Which would roll back standards put in place under former President Barack Obama". This is pretty much all we need to know.

Trump can't stand that Barack is such a better man than he is. There is no comparison. So, like the school yard bully that he is, he attacks the man instead of trying to make good choices of his own.

No doubt Ford, Honda, BMW and especially VW are making a business decision, not an environmental one. It's easier to tool up for what is required in CA, and sell the same cars everywhere. Instead of having a special roll out for CA, and a different one for everywhere else. Not to mention that they could say "We are doing the right thing" is a good business decision for them from a sales perspective.

Trump can't stand it. Someone is doing something right. Something he can't seem to manage to do.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:48 AM

This article uses a lot of anonymous sources, so some caution is in order. But it claims his closest advisers think he's ""losing his shit" and he often acts like a "four year old". The article says he's rapidly deteriorating, and Mapgate has had a significant negative impact on him.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/trum...mpression=true
Old 09-07-2019, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

The Mooch is saying the same thing. Whether it's just his opinion from Trump-watching, or he's relying on inside sources, is not clear.

https://www.newsweek.com/scaramucci-...health-1457555
Old 09-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
This article uses a lot of anonymous sources, so some caution is in order. But it claims his closest advisers think he's ""losing his shit" and he often acts like a "four year old". The article says he's rapidly deteriorating, and Mapgate has had a significant negative impact on him.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/trum...mpression=true
Why is some caution in order? It's not as if we can't see it happening before our eyes. It's not as if he hasn't been acting like a four year old all along.