Old 10-03-2019, 06:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmlabs View Post
Wow, that is some shamefully deceptive editing. I wonder why that YouTuber didn't let the rest of the sentence play? Oh, right ... because the rest of the sentence would have been something like "...in order to protect his son, Hunter."
Please provide evidence for your claim that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmlabs View Post
the rest of the sentence would have been something like "...in order to protect his son, Hunter."
Old 10-03-2019, 06:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
Why don't the "real news media" do their investigative reporting duties and uncover all of this evidence? .
No, let the Congress do its duty, subpoena Joe and Hunter Biden, Ukrainian officials, have them testify under oath, etc, etc.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeast Refugee View Post
So, just like user user CarnalK, you're unable to provide any evidence for the claim that

?
That's ok, just admit it, and we can move with the discussion.
The bipartisan Senate Ukraine Caucus sent a letter in 2016 that said that: "[R]eforms will show Russian President Vladimir Putin that an independent, transparent, and democratic Ukraine can and will succeed. It also offers a stark alternative to the authoritarianism and oligarchic cronyism prevalent in Russia. ... We similarly urge you to press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General's office and judiciary."

Guess Republicans were against the Prosecutor General before they were for him.

https://www.portman.senate.gov/newsr...ommitment-help
Old 10-03-2019, 06:33 PM

Someone needs to press Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Ron Johnson (R-WI), Mark Kirk (R-IL) about this.

Ask them specifically about why they wanted the Ukraine prosecutor out then. Just like Biden. Ask them why they are now saying NOTHING now.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
A man who's a drug addict is not fit to be on a board of any major corporation, that's kinda obvious, despite whatever trash liberal Goebbels propaganda you absorb.
As I mentioned, Goerge W Bush appointed Hunter to the Amtrak Board of Directors. Was Bush fooled by liberal propaganda?
Old 10-03-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
No, let the Congress do its duty, subpoena Joe and Hunter Biden, Ukrainian officials, have them testify under oath, etc, etc.
I wonder what theyíd ask about, or what theyíd uncover.

I mean, the facts which presumably create the scandal are uncontroverted:
1) Biden, as VP, pushed Ukraine to fire a prosecutor
2) Bidenís son was on the board of a Ukrainian energy company when this happened.

Also, 3) Hunter Biden was paid a lot of money for his time on the board.

While I realize that some people think this makes for a slam dunk, I donít see it. What other information would congress uncover? If there is some belief that Biden pushes this firing because Hunter was in trouble, it is not at all supported by anything Iíve seen.

Congressional hearing: ďAt the time of the firing, was Hunter Biden or the company being investigated or suspected of wrongdoing?Ē
ďNoĒ
ďYeah, I got nothing.Ē

I mean, Iím sure the next round (when they bring in Trumpís kids to talk about their business dealings since Trump took office) will be at least as illuminating, and probably even more so.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:52 AM

I don't see a thread on Pence's complicity in the crime everyone's talking about. And the only mention of Pence in this thread is a flippant joke. Yet Pence appears to be guilty of a felony in the same matter.

Think of it: The Vice President of the United States is almost obviously guilty of a high crime or treason and that news is so ho-hum in today's topsy-turvy White House it hardly attracts mention.

I say almost obviously guilty. The Vice President's defense, apparently is that, when making a special trip as the envoy to follow-up a telephone call between two government chiefs he was unaware of the contents of the call he was following up despite that he'd been briefed on it verbally, had presumably read a transcript of the call, and his top aide had listened in on the call in the first place!

That's right! Pence's only defense against a charge of criminal corruption will be that he is stupider than a cockroach.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
A man who's a drug addict is not fit to be on a board of any major corporation, that's kinda obvious, despite whatever trash liberal Goebbels propaganda you absorb.
You have a conveniently low bar for accusing someone of being a drug addict.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:07 AM

I think what certain Republicans are hoping is that a Hunter Biden investigation will reveal that he was in cahoots with Hillary to hide her emails and smuggle children into Comet Ping Pong PIzza so they could be sold as sex slaves. Perhaps as a bonus, an investigation might reveal that Hunter Biden is one of the shape-shifting Lizard People that are trying to take over the world.

The result they are looking for is that the Demon-Rat party is hereby outlawed and all them traitors are rounded up and shot.

I really do think that they believe this sort of thing. They honestly do.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:53 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
I really do think that they believe this sort of thing. They honestly do.
And they have their eyes of Czechoslovakia and Poland.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Mod Rocker

Moderating

Quote:
A man who is a blatantly narcissistic liar who ignores science and promotes hatred is "not fit" to be president of a country, that is obvious. However, you were not asked to provide a citation that Biden was not fit, only that he lacked the requisite qualifications. Making nasty comments does nothing to improve your chances of persuading anyone of your position.

I strongly urge you to tone down the rhetoric and begin participating in an informed and logical manner before you find yourself unable to participate in these fora.

[ /Moderating ]
Old 10-05-2019, 08:38 PM

One of the recent interviews on MSNBC had a guest who had been a diplomat or similar in Ukraine. Apologies as I am not sure who they were. This news cycle is moving so fast now that I don't even both watching news clips that are more than a day old.

In any case, regardless of who the talking head was, what he said really stuck with me. It was basically that Ukraine is corrupt to the point where if you go over there and say "I want dirt on X" some shifty Slav will come up to you and say "Da! I can get you all kinds of dirt on X" for any value of X.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:31 AM
BANNED

And it now looks like Congress MUST start investigating Joe Biden, if the Democrats have any shred of decency left (yeah, right)

In a sworn affidavit, prosecutor Victor Shokin testifies that, among other things:

1. His actions did not suit Joe Biden and the persons connected to him.
2. He was forced out because he was leading wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma
3. He was pressured by (at the time) President Poroshenko to wind down investigation into Burisma. Who, in turn, if anyone, could pressure Poroshenko to make such demands of Shokin? Who, indeed...

Last edited by Northeast Refugee; 10-06-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMarch View Post
In any case, regardless of who the talking head was, what he said really stuck with me. It was basically that Ukraine is corrupt to the point where if you go over there and say "I want dirt on X" some shifty Slav will come up to you and say "Da! I can get you all kinds of dirt on X" for any value of X.
That sounds like very much true: witness DNC colluding with Ukrainian officials to dig dirt on their political opponents during 2016 elections.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
When you have evidence for that, come right on back. Otherwise, you're just perpetuating the smear.
While Don brought everyone but Baron and Tiffany, who he does't like to be photographed with, into our dysfunctional kleptocratic kakistocracy.

Last edited by Fentoine Lum; 10-06-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
That sounds like very much true: witness DNC colluding with Ukrainian officials to dig dirt on their political opponents during 2016 elections.
Yeah, and note how what we're wailing on about here is Ukrainian corruption while excusing our own.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomndebb View Post
A man who is a blatantly narcissistic liar who ignores science and promotes hatred is "not fit" to be president of a country, that is obvious.

Hm, it's a bit weird to me to see musings about fitness of this or that person to be a President under "Moderating" tag, but other then that, I'd agree with you.
The disdain President Obama showed for things like history ("my grandfather liberated Auschwitz, while somehow managing not to serve in Soviet army") or geography (somehow discovering numerous additional US states, other then the 50 that actually exists), that can be excused with Barack Hussein being doped out of his mind on choom, during his formative years.
However, once he grew up, what cannot be excused is his obvious intellectual laziness and absolute refusal to even read books on things like pre-WW2 history, Munich agreement, etc and the dangers of appeasing dictators.
No other explanation can adequately explain him asking President Putin to give him more space, initiating the disastrous "reset" policy, or begging President Putin to stop hacking US elections.

Last edited by Northeast Refugee; 10-06-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:01 PM
BANNED

But getting back to the topic here, on one hand we have a sworn testimony, confirming that Prosecutor Shokin was forced out because he was leading wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma.
On the other hand, we got... bupkis.
Did Joe Biden, Hunter Biden or anyone else make statements under oath, disputing Prosecutor Shokin description of events?
Old 10-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

ďOf course Iím innocent!Ē said Charles Manson in his defense.

Well, shit, if we have a sworn statement, why should we even pay attention to the piles of evidence to the contrary?
Old 10-06-2019, 03:12 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
“Of course I’m innocent!” said Charles Manson in his defense.

Well, shit, if we have a sworn statement, why should we even pay attention to the piles of evidence to the contrary?
Were any evidence in that pile produced in a court of law and under oath, so that their merits can be evaluated?

Last edited by Northeast Refugee; 10-06-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Were any evidence in that pile produced in a court of law and under oath, so that their merits can be evaluated?
Maybe you should acutally explain what Hunter Biden did wrong that needs to be investigated. For example,

Did Hunter Biden not pay taxes on his income?

Did Hunter Biden commit some kind of self-dealing?

Did Hunter Biden steer government contracts to his own personal interests?

Did Hunter Biden improperly seek income from foreign powers in contravention of ethics requirements?

Did Hunter Biden illegally conceal financial information from US investigators?

Seriously, I'm just trying to find out what he's being accused of beyond taking a paycheck from an organization with legal woes.

Last edited by Ravenman; 10-06-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:54 PM
BANNED

I'm sorry, I went through several of the links that you provided (although, admittedly, the source is NY Times, so, whatever is published should be taken with a shovel of salt), saw that there's nothing there, but journalistic musings, and dismissed it out of hand, as they should be.
To repeat: we have an affidavit from Prosecutor General Shokin, where he swears under oath, that "I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma holdings...I assume Burisma...had the support of the US vice-president Joe Biden because his son was on the Board of Directors".

Ca you provide any evidence, given in the court of law and under oath, that contradict sworn testimony of Prosecutor General Shokin?
Please refrain from evidence in the form of newspaper musings.
Thank you.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm sorry, I went through several of the links that you provided....
First of all, I donít believe you did. Second, you didnít answer the question.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I
To repeat: we have an affidavit from Prosecutor General Shokin, where he swears under oath, that "I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma holdings...I assume Burisma...had the support of the US vice-president Joe Biden because his son was on the Board of Directors".
Sworn affidavit from a well known corrupt guy who has little to fear by lying on an affidavit. Why does that impress you so much?
Old 10-06-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnalK View Post
Sworn affidavit from a well known corrupt guy who has little to fear by lying on an affidavit. Why does that impress you so much?
Because he's only interested in information that helps Trump. He has shown a complete lack of interest in any information that reflects poorly on Trump.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I went through several of the links that you provided (although, admittedly, the source is NY Times, so, whatever is published should be taken with a shovel of salt), saw that there's nothing there, but journalistic musings, and dismissed it out of hand, as they should be.

Ca you provide any evidence, given in the court of law and under oath, that contradict sworn testimony of Prosecutor General Shokin?
Please refrain from evidence in the form of newspaper musings.
Thank you.
Notice that bolded part there?

While he claims he was forced out, he offers only an assumption that it was due to Biden.

a fucking assumption.

So - thats not evidence - if he had evidence, he would have fucking said so.

Also note that this affidavit was provided AFTER Trump's lawyer went and greased his palms (an assumption, but a fucking good one).

now - provide some real evidence beyond conjecture.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Again, Iím not interested in whether Burisma is corrupt or not.

Thaneros was probably the only company that was more corrupt than the Trump Organization, and Thaneros has James Mattis its board. I have nothing really bad to say or suspect about Mattis.

So if someone like Mattis can serve on the Thaneros board and still be a fine American, what exactly do people suspect Hunter Biden of doing wrong?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
The more I read about Hunter Biden, the more I donít like him. He seems to be cut from the same cloth as the Trump boys in some ways - drug use, affairs, privileged career, etc.
I searched for drug use by Trump's sons. I did not even find a rumor that either son has any drug abuse issue remotely similar to Hunter Biden's widely reported problems.

Can you provide a cite?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZombie View Post
I searched for drug use by Trump's sons. I did not even find a rumor that either son has any drug abuse issue remotely similar to Hunter Biden's widely reported problems.

Can you provide a cite?
Well, people are talking about it. Of course, this is not about politics. It's just about doing the right thing, and being tough on crime.

I suggest we ask the government of Nigeria to look into drug use and importation by Trump's sons. Carefully. Very carefully and thoroughly.

And we might do well to remind the Nigerians that the US contributes heavily to the "Feed the Future" campaign, giving millions of dollars in food aid to that country. Remind them that they owe us. Be a shame if that aid were to be delayed, right?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Can you provide a cite?
I should have written addiction rather than drug use. The stories of Ericís adventures at Georgetown have been retold around these parts, including an incident where pater stormed in while he was trashed at a local party.

If you donít want to believe it, thatís fine.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I should have written addiction rather than drug use. The stories of Ericís adventures at Georgetown have been retold around these parts, including an incident where pater stormed in while he was trashed at a local party.

If you donít want to believe it, thatís fine.
I am respectfully asking for a cite that backs up your claim that either Trump son has an addiction or has a drug abuse issue that is similar to Hunter Biden's widely reported problems.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:21 PM

^ This post makes me laugh.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Mod Rocker

Quote:
Hm, it's a bit weird to me to see musings about fitness of this or that person to be a President under "Moderating" tag, but other then that, I'd agree with you.
The disdain President Obama showed for things like history ("my grandfather liberated Auschwitz, while somehow managing not to serve in Soviet army") or geography (somehow discovering numerous additional US states, other then the 50 that actually exists), that can be excused with Barack Hussein being doped out of his mind on choom, during his formative years.
However, once he grew up, what cannot be excused is his obvious intellectual laziness and absolute refusal to even read books on things like pre-WW2 history, Munich agreement, etc and the dangers of appeasing dictators.
Speaking of getting one's facts straight Obama noted that his uncle (not his father) helped liberate a Nazi camp and got the name of the camp wrong. meh
He also misspoke on one occasion and said there were 51 states.
Unfortunate errors, but hardly in the same category as Trumps current 10,000+ deliberate lies.
Quote:
No other explanation can adequately explain him asking President Putin to give him more space, initiating the disastrous "reset" policy, or begging President Putin to stop hacking US elections.
The easier (and more accurate) explanation is that you got your misinformation about Obama from Hannity or one of the other extreme Right wing liars and you have not checked their claims for accuracy.
Intellectual laziness? Trump does not even read his own intelligence status reports (or anything else).
Appeasing dictators? Trump is much more likely to do that with Putin, Kim, Duterte, bin Salman, etc.
Based on your username and your posting content, I am tempted to ask whether you are posting from Kamchatka or Chukotka or a nearby oblast.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I am respectfully asking for a cite that backs up your claim that either Trump son has an addiction or has a drug abuse issue that is similar to Hunter Biden's widely reported problems.

Thank you in advance.
Quote:
[Don Jr.’s] anger expressed itself in other ways, too. “He had a reputation as the kind of guy who would get to drinking and start fights,” says a college acquaintance. “He was a fall-down drunk.”... Eventually, Don stopped drinking and started dressing like his father, a cartoon of a Manhattan capitalist, all pinstripes and wide lapels and pastel satin ties.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....d-trump-jr/amp

So the other son cleaned himself up. My hat is off to anyone who does such things, and I am not being sarcastic.

Last edited by Ravenman; 10-06-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:55 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

It appears that the only mistake Obama ever made was saying he visited 57 states as that's the only thing Trump supporters can point to.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:

Thank you in advance.
Well, people ARE talking about it. So there obviously needs to be a full investigation. This is NOT political. It is about justice. The Law. Goodness.

A large investigation needs to be done. Into this alleged drug use.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:52 PM

Rudy Giuliani holds up what he claims are three affidavits but is actually a printout of a right-wing blog site... Later in the interview, he reads portions from the blog site printout as if they are from the affidavits.

Giuliani is reading from a blog called HopelesslyPartisan dot com, claiming to be affidavits.

People think I’m exaggerating when I say they’re trying to prove conspiracy theories from blogs true by repeating them enough. It is actually what The White House’s plan is.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...975908865?s=19

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2019, 10:10 PM

Associated Press:
Quote:
BREAKING: As President Trump urged Ukraineís leaders to investigate his political rival Joe Biden, associates of his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani were looking to profit from the countryís state-run natural gas company, AP sources say.
Business associates of Rudy Giuliani, seeking to profit from fuel sales to Ukraine, tried to leverage American influence to replace the CEO of the countryís state-owned natural gas company, two people with knowledge of their plans tell the @AP.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:15 PM

Just to reiterate, from Business Insider:

Quote:
But by March 2016, Shokin was ousted. Hundreds of Ukrainians had demonstrated in front of the president's office calling for Shokin to be booted and the Ukrainian parliament voted to accept his resignation.

For months before that, the US and other countries had pressured for Shokin to be ousted because he didn't make a concerted effort to fight corruption. Biden, who was spearheading the Obama administration's Ukraine work, was at the center of these efforts, and threatened to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees from Ukraine if Shokin wasn't fired.

So, it's true that Biden was among those who pushed for Shokin to be fired as Ukraine's top prosecutor, but by the time this happened the probe into Burisma was dormant, according to Bloomberg.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
Uh, yeah, question 1 is the idle fun one. Thanks!

It is such a playground conversation, one I have weekly:
Quote:
Hey, Billy, c'mere. Did you just tell Rob to punch Jim?
BUT YESTERDAY JIM SAID A BAD WORD AT LUNCH!
That has nothing to do with you punching him. I might have a separate conversation with him about that, but that doesn't mean you can punch him.
WHO TOLD YOU? THEY'RE A TATTLE-TALE!
Billy, this isn't about who told me. This is about you punching someone. That's against the rules.
JIM SAID YOUR MOM WAS BALD-HEADED THOUGH
Billy, c'mon. You can't do things like this. You're the principal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEBuckner View Post
LOL! (As in literal out-loud laughter.)
Same here (or it would be, if my wife weren’t sleeping)...

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 10-07-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq....d-trump-jr/amp

So the other son cleaned himself up. My hat is off to anyone who does such things, and I am not being sarcastic.
You wrote "drug use" and "addiction." Getting drunk occasionally in college is different from what Hunter Biden's issues have been.

Obama's daughter Malia was photographed smoking what appeared to be a joint. Would you categorize her along with Hunter Biden? I certainly wouldn't.

So please provide a cite that backs up what YOU wrote both in facts and in spirit.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
It appears that the only mistake Obama ever made was saying he visited 57 states as that's the only thing Trump supporters can point to.
Oh, wait until you hear his middle name! It's scary!
Old 10-07-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Y

So please provide a cite that backs up what YOU wrote both in facts and in spirit.

Thank you in advance.
OK, in the spirit of the esteemed Mr. Guilliani, I am holding up in my metephorical hand an affidavit, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the information is absolutely true. It is so completely true, you don't have to click on the link. At all. Just look at this affidavit I am waving about.

You are most welcome.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
You wrote "drug use" and "addiction." Getting drunk occasionally in college is different from what Hunter Biden's issues have been.

Obama's daughter Malia was photographed smoking what appeared to be a joint. Would you categorize her along with Hunter Biden? I certainly wouldn't.

Thank you in advance.
Donald Trump Jr. has said he had a drinking problem, leading to his quitting alcohol:
Quote:
Not that Don never had his problems. It was during college, at the University of Pennsylvania, where he was enrolled in the Wharton undergrad program, when the repressed anger surfaced and the rebellion began. He had a reputation for getting into drunken, do-you-have-any-idea-who-I-am? fights. “To be fairly candid,” he says, “I used to drink a lot and party pretty hard, and it wasn’t something that I was particularly good at.” He laughs. “I mean, I was good at it, but I couldn’t do it in moderation. About two years ago, I quit drinking entirely. I have too much of an opportunity to make something of myself, be successful in my own right. Why blow it?”
https://nymag.com/nymetro/news/peopl...10/index1.html

You are welcome.

Last edited by Ravenman; 10-07-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Stamos'_Left_Ear View Post
Rudy Giuliani holds up what he claims are three affidavits but is actually a printout of a right-wing blog site... Later in the interview, he reads portions from the blog site printout as if they are from the affidavits.

Giuliani is reading from a blog called HopelesslyPartisan dot com, claiming to be affidavits.

People think I’m exaggerating when I say they’re trying to prove conspiracy theories from blogs true by repeating them enough. It is actually what The White House’s plan is.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...975908865?s=19

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Appreciated, but unless you’re outing yourself as “oneunderscore,” your readers (I, for one) will be more likely to comprehend if you find a method of conveying that you’re not.

Because that post reads as though you mean to convey the linked tweet had been written by you.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 10-07-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Don Jr. was nicknamed Diaper Don in college because he was notorious for getting so drunk he would piss himself in bed. It was a problem.

But, it's also a distraction from the topic of the thread, and sort of a weak "gotcha", anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeast Refugee
And it now looks like Congress MUST start investigating Joe Biden, if the Democrats have any shred of decency left (yeah, right)

In a sworn affidavit, prosecutor Victor Shokin testifies that, among other things:

1. His actions did not suit Joe Biden and the persons connected to him.
2. He was forced out because he was leading wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma
3. He was pressured by (at the time) President Poroshenko to wind down investigation into Burisma. Who, in turn, if anyone, could pressure Poroshenko to make such demands of Shokin? Who, indeed...
This is begging for some context. This affidavit was produced in support of Dmytro Firtash, who is fighting extradition to the United States, where he faces charges of bribing Indian officials in furtherance of a business deal.

Who is Firtash? Why, an associate of Paul Manafort! And an associate of Russian organized crime! It's all so incestuous, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the cite above
Dmytro Firtash was indicted in 2014 for what federal prosecutors in the Northern District of Illinois allege was his role in bribing Indian officials in order to get a lucrative mining deal to sell titanium to Boeing. He was arrested in Vienna in March 2014, released on $174 million bail, and has been contesting his extradition to the U.S. ever since...

Federal prosecutors said in a 2017 filing that Firtash and his co-defendant in the alleged bribery scheme, Andras Knopp, "have been identified by United States law enforcement as two upper-echelon associates of Russian organized crime."...

A 2018 letter from Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions alleged that Firtash had acted as a "direct agent of the Kremlin" in a scheme to skim money from natural gas transfers between the Russian firm GazProm and Ukraine. NBC News obtained the letter via Freedom of Information Act litigation...

In 2008, according to court records, Firtash was involved with the firm of Paul Manafort, later Donald Trump's campaign chair, in an abandoned plan to redevelop New York's Drake Hotel for $850 million. Firtash's company planned to invest more than $100 million, the records say.
Of course, now that Trump's team is peddling a theory that Biden was interfering in Ukranian politics to protect his son, Firtash is jumping on that theory to bolster his claim that he's merely a victim of American lies and treachery.

I wonder where they'd get such an idea? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the Hmmm
In July, Firtash made a revealing change to his Washington legal team, hiring Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing, a husband-and-wife duo closely associated with the Trump administration. The pair reportedly worked with Giuliani as he sought to mine damaging information on the president’s rivals in Ukraine and have been involved in Republican Party campaigns dating back to the impeachment of Bill Clinton in 1998...

Firtash has fought a long extradition battle from Vienna, where he was first detained on a U.S. arrest warrant in 2014. His appeals appeared to reach the end of the road in June when the Austrian Supreme Court upheld a decision allowing for his extradition, but that has since been stalled after his defense team provided what the court called “extremely extensive material” in a bid to have the case reopened.

Toensing did not reply to a request for comment about the new material offered to the Austrian court. But a sworn statement by former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin for use in the case suggests that Firtash’s defense has, at least in part, relied on claims similar to those made by Giuliani. Shokin is the Ukrainian prosecutor at the heart of the whistleblower complaint that prompted congressional Democrats to open an impeachment inquiry into Trump...

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine John Herbst said that Shokin, in giving a statement to Firtash’s defense team, undercuts any case the former prosecutor general might have to portray his comments about Biden as motivated by a desire for transparency. “Firtash is arguably the most odious, or one of the most odious oligarchs in Ukraine,” Herbst said...
Oh, and it should be noted that the affidavit was reported on by John Solomon, who has just been elevated to Fox News pundit, and who is basically the only journalist pushing this Hunter Biden malfeasance theory.

Never mind the fact that this affidavit misses two crucial points:

1) Joe Biden was not alone in pushing for Shokin's removal ('The European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general')

2) There is simply no contemporaneous corroboration for the proposition that Hunter Biden, or Burisma, were under investigation when Shokin was removed.

Last edited by Moriarty; 10-07-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:12 PM

What to do when both law and facts are againt you.

Look at those Bidens! This one, and that one, and those over there! Bad bad Bidens! Look! Look! Investigate! Investigate! (Wave arms, clap hands, yell and fart.) Bidens!

Look over there, not here. Don't look at an administration actively committing treason, as constitutionally defined. And bribes emoluments - what's to see? Oh no, witness tampering and inciting violence against Americans aren't unconstitutional.

Bidens! Bidens! They're everywhere, like cockroaches, or just cocks & roaches. Bidens!

(Previously on this channel: Clintons! Obamas! Yo-mamas! Liberals! Mexicans! Junkies! {Except Rush Limbo, illegal addict.} Clintons again! More and more Clintons! And more!)
Old 10-07-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post

But, it's also a distraction from the topic of the thread, and sort of a weak "gotcha", anyway.
No, if they were not public figures, it would be grounds for a libel suit. Of course, anything negative about the Trumps or conservative seems to be fair game.

Hunter Biden and Obama have both used cocaine. I don't hold it against Obama because it was done in his youth. However, Biden was thrown out of the Navy when he had a wife and children to support and was a fully actualized adult.

What company is going to hire someone with a cocaine problem? Probably one that doesn't expect any real work to be done just influence peddling.

I would like to see a cite that backs up the claim that either Trump son has a "drug abuse" problem that is remotely what Hunter Biden has had.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
What company is going to hire someone with a cocaine problem? Probably one that doesn't expect any real work to be done just influence peddling..
Like I said, GW Bush appointed him to the Amtrak Board of Directors. Yes, some boards are jut gladhanders/schmoozers for the company.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
No, if they were not public figures, it would be grounds for a libel suit. Of course, anything negative about the Trumps or conservative seems to be fair game.

Hunter Biden and Obama have both used cocaine. I don't hold it against Obama because it was done in his youth. However, Biden was thrown out of the Navy when he had a wife and children to support and was a fully actualized adult.

What company is going to hire someone with a cocaine problem? Probably one that doesn't expect any real work to be done just influence peddling.

I would like to see a cite that backs up the claim that either Trump son has a "drug abuse" problem that is remotely what Hunter Biden has had.
Why do you ask for cites if you donít read my posts?

Youíre welcome in advance!