Old 02-26-2020, 08:53 PM

Would be fun to see Bloomberg come out on top or No. 2 after Super Tuesday, yup.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand of Dorkness View Post
FWIW, I'm not underestimating your cynical appreciation for opportunistic disingenuousness. I think it's a pretty important thing for everyone to remember when they read your posts.

I do too, and I actually appreciate this even though I know you think itís a subtle way to snarkily throw shade.

And while Obama may not be coming to save us, Clyburn has given us a pretty good start and I love him for it.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:08 PM

CBS News did some post-debate polling and found that more viewers thought Sanders made the best case that he could beat Trump.

Here's the two most important (IMO) polls they did:

Who impressed you in the debate?

45% Sanders
43% Biden
40% Warren
38% Buttigieg
31% Klobuchar
25% Bloomberg
24% Steyer

Who made the best case that they could beat Trump?

26% Sanders
21% Biden
12% Warren
11% Bloomberg
8% Buttigieg
6% Klobuchar
2% Steyer
Old 02-26-2020, 11:09 PM

Bloomberg, you better drop another hundred million in S.C. in the next 24 hours.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
CBS News did some post-debate polling and found that more viewers thought Sanders made the best case that he could beat Trump.

Here's the two most important (IMO) polls they did:

Who impressed you in the debate?

45% Sanders
43% Biden
40% Warren
38% Buttigieg
31% Klobuchar
25% Bloomberg
24% Steyer

Who made the best case that they could beat Trump?

26% Sanders
21% Biden
12% Warren
11% Bloomberg
8% Buttigieg
6% Klobuchar
2% Steyer
This info tells us absolutely nothing about whether Bernie can win in November. Absolutely nothing. For pete's sake, 74% of the people who watched this debate (presumable semi-engaged Democrats) don't even think Bernie made the best case to beat Trump. What in the hell is so important about this?

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; 02-26-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
This info tells us absolutely nothing about whether Bernie can win in November. Absolutely nothing. For pete's sake, 74% of the people who watched this debate (presumable semi-engaged Democrats) don't even think Bernie made the best case to beat Trump. What in the hell is so important about this?
I re-read my post that you quoted and I didn't see anywhere that I indicated that the poll told us whether or not Bernie can win in November, nor did I see where I indicated that I thought the poll was of supreme importance. Could you point those out?

Old 02-27-2020, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I re-read my post that you quoted and I didn't see anywhere that I indicated that the poll told us whether or not Bernie can win in November, nor did I see where I indicated that I thought the poll was of supreme importance. Could you point those out?

You mentioned that those were "important." (I never claimed anything about "supreme" importance, but way to sneak that goalpost in there.) Still, I don't see how in the hell they are even remotely important, since the only important thing is beating Trump.

right back atchya.

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; 02-27-2020 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 AM

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]Who made the best case that they could beat Trump?

26% Sanders

So as Happy said, 74% believe the current national frontrunner did NOT make the best case that he could beat Trump.

CNN’s John Avlon made a great quip on the Forecast Fest podcast about Bernie’s Cuba defense: “It’s like being accused of being a communist, and objecting that you’re not a Stalinist, you’re a Trotskyite!”

One thing they said that does concern me: they said there's a coordinated South Carolina GOP campaign to get their voters (who don't have a primary) to go vote for Bernie.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chair View Post
warren and sanders have a non aggression pact. they will not attack each other.
I'm not seeing it - Warren had no problem blasting Bernie directly in the S.C. debate over his stance on DNC superdelegates.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You mentioned that those were "important." (I never claimed anything about "supreme" importance, but way to sneak that goalpost in there.) Still, I don't see how in the hell they are even remotely important, since the only important thing is beating Trump.
Context is everything but apparently not your thing. I said they were the important polls of the ones posted at the link I gave. I made no claim that they were important in and of themselves, just that I thought they had more relevance than the others posted at the link. YMMV, obviously.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:25 PM

Is your problem with the word "important", Happy? Please feel free to substitute one of these other words, then: relevant, meaningful, significant, of note, salient, signaling, standout.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:29 PM

Then perhaps you'd care to share why you think these were the most important polls of the ones posted in the link. Obviously you thought the story was meaningful enough to post it, and then highlight those two polls. What made those two polls more important/meaningful/significant/of note/salient/signaling/standout than the others, in your opinion?

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; 02-27-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Then perhaps you'd care to share why you think these were the most important polls of the ones posted in the link. Obviously you thought the story was meaningful enough to post it, and then highlight those two polls. What made those two polls more important than the others, in your opinion?
They show the opinions of people who are likely to vote in the SC primary, of course. They are a gauge of how effectively each candidate is able to get across their message to the people of SC. I'd be very surprised if the results from the primary didn't have the same order as those two polls, even tho the polls don't give us any insight into the percentage of votes that each candidate will receive.