Old 03-10-2020, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
Booker endorsed Biden today. I guess eventually almost all the dropouts will endorse Biden. Probably Warren too. Anyone who ran and wants VP slot or cabinet job will have to endorse Biden.
I suspect it will matter whether the person endorsed before Super Tuesday or after.

Given the demographic constraints which are a fact of life in today's Democratic party, Tammy Duckworth looks like a very solid option. And yes, she endorsed Biden before Super Tuesday.

OTOH I don't think Stacey Abrams should even be in the conversation. Being a minority leader in Georgia isn't enough governing experience to be a VP for a 77-year old man.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:38 AM

Three pages in an nobody has mentioned the obvious VP choice for Biden -

HILLARY CLINTON!!!!

Old 03-10-2020, 11:19 AM
BANNED

Thus demonstrating his commitment to the environment, thru recycling.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 03-10-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Three pages in an nobody has mentioned the obvious VP choice for Biden -

HILLARY CLINTON!!!!

From your lips to a deep, deep hole in the ground. Hillary should go enjoy her retirement, popping up occasionally only to mock the next in the series of Trump associates to become convicted felons and remind them that she remains un-locked-up.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:04 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I suspect it will matter whether the person endorsed before Super Tuesday or after.

Given the demographic constraints which are a fact of life in today's Democratic party, Tammy Duckworth looks like a very solid option. And yes, she endorsed Biden before Super Tuesday.

OTOH I don't think Stacey Abrams should even be in the conversation. Being a minority leader in Georgia isn't enough governing experience to be a VP for a 77-year old man.
I wonder if there will be any challenge to Duckworth being eligible for president. Iím thinking if Cruz was eligible then she would be. But Cruz was never the candidate so maybe there would have been a challenge if he had won the candidacy.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:41 PM

Nobody has mentioned Martha Stewart....

She's a democrat, I think.

Your average american probably believes that she is the wealthiest woman in America, just as they believe that Trump is the wealthiest man.

She hosted the Apprentice for a while after Trump stepped aside.

State dinners would be impeccable.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little View Post
Nobody has mentioned Martha Stewart....

She's a democrat, I think.

Your average american probably believes that she is the wealthiest woman in America, just as they believe that Trump is the wealthiest man.

She hosted the Apprentice for a while after Trump stepped aside.

State dinners would be impeccable.
I would guess your average American think Oprah is the wealthiest woman in America (and she probably is). I don't want her as VP either.

As for Stewart, I suspect her status as a convicted felon for insider trading will not play well with the Democrats. She might be a strong candidate for the other side of the fence, however.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
I would guess your average American think Oprah is the wealthiest woman in America (and she probably is).
Not even close. Most people associate celebrity with wealth. Oprah's worth about $2.5 billion. Alice Walton, the wealthiest woman in the US is worth about $44 billion. Oprah doesn't make the top 20.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little View Post
Not even close. Most people associate celebrity with wealth. Oprah's worth about $2.5 billion. Alice Walton, the wealthiest woman in the US is worth about $44 billion. Oprah doesn't make the top 20.
Huh. I thought Oprah was in the 30-some billion range. Wonder why I thought that.

Martha Stewart is around $800 million, which still isn't chump change by any means.

Last edited by Gyrate; 03-25-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:45 PM

Oprah may be the wealthiest self made woman in the US. A lot of the others inherited money or married into money or got the money in a divorce like Bezos ex wife . For example Alice Walton is the daughter of Sam Walton.