Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 03-10-2020, 01:01 AM
Lantern is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
Booker endorsed Biden today. I guess eventually almost all the dropouts will endorse Biden. Probably Warren too. Anyone who ran and wants VP slot or cabinet job will have to endorse Biden.
I suspect it will matter whether the person endorsed before Super Tuesday or after.

Given the demographic constraints which are a fact of life in today's Democratic party, Tammy Duckworth looks like a very solid option. And yes, she endorsed Biden before Super Tuesday.

OTOH I don't think Stacey Abrams should even be in the conversation. Being a minority leader in Georgia isn't enough governing experience to be a VP for a 77-year old man.
  #102  
Old 03-10-2020, 09:38 AM
Icarus's Avatar
Icarus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: In front of my PC, y tu?
Posts: 5,699
Three pages in an nobody has mentioned the obvious VP choice for Biden -

HILLARY CLINTON!!!!

__________________
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
- C. Darwin
  #103  
Old 03-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Shodan is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 40,870
Thus demonstrating his commitment to the environment, thru recycling.

Regards,
Shodan
  #104  
Old 03-10-2020, 12:02 PM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 24,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Three pages in an nobody has mentioned the obvious VP choice for Biden -

HILLARY CLINTON!!!!

From your lips to a deep, deep hole in the ground. Hillary should go enjoy her retirement, popping up occasionally only to mock the next in the series of Trump associates to become convicted felons and remind them that she remains un-locked-up.
  #105  
Old 03-13-2020, 03:04 AM
Loach's Avatar
Loach is offline
The Central Scrutinizer
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pork Roll/Taylor Ham
Posts: 26,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I suspect it will matter whether the person endorsed before Super Tuesday or after.

Given the demographic constraints which are a fact of life in today's Democratic party, Tammy Duckworth looks like a very solid option. And yes, she endorsed Biden before Super Tuesday.

OTOH I don't think Stacey Abrams should even be in the conversation. Being a minority leader in Georgia isn't enough governing experience to be a VP for a 77-year old man.
I wonder if there will be any challenge to Duckworth being eligible for president. Iím thinking if Cruz was eligible then she would be. But Cruz was never the candidate so maybe there would have been a challenge if he had won the candidacy.
  #106  
Old 03-24-2020, 04:41 PM
Omar Little's Avatar
Omar Little is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Within
Posts: 13,783
Nobody has mentioned Martha Stewart....

She's a democrat, I think.

Your average american probably believes that she is the wealthiest woman in America, just as they believe that Trump is the wealthiest man.

She hosted the Apprentice for a while after Trump stepped aside.


State dinners would be impeccable.
  #107  
Old 03-25-2020, 05:38 AM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 24,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little View Post
Nobody has mentioned Martha Stewart....

She's a democrat, I think.

Your average american probably believes that she is the wealthiest woman in America, just as they believe that Trump is the wealthiest man.

She hosted the Apprentice for a while after Trump stepped aside.


State dinners would be impeccable.
I would guess your average American think Oprah is the wealthiest woman in America (and she probably is). I don't want her as VP either.

As for Stewart, I suspect her status as a convicted felon for insider trading will not play well with the Democrats. She might be a strong candidate for the other side of the fence, however.
  #108  
Old 03-25-2020, 01:32 PM
Omar Little's Avatar
Omar Little is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Within
Posts: 13,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
I would guess your average American think Oprah is the wealthiest woman in America (and she probably is).
Not even close. Most people associate celebrity with wealth. Oprah's worth about $2.5 billion. Alice Walton, the wealthiest woman in the US is worth about $44 billion. Oprah doesn't make the top 20.
  #109  
Old 03-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Greater Croydonia
Posts: 24,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little View Post
Not even close. Most people associate celebrity with wealth. Oprah's worth about $2.5 billion. Alice Walton, the wealthiest woman in the US is worth about $44 billion. Oprah doesn't make the top 20.
Huh. I thought Oprah was in the 30-some billion range. Wonder why I thought that.

Martha Stewart is around $800 million, which still isn't chump change by any means.

Last edited by Gyrate; 03-25-2020 at 03:37 PM.
  #110  
Old 03-25-2020, 03:45 PM
Bijou Drains is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11,998
Oprah may be the wealthiest self made woman in the US. A lot of the others inherited money or married into money or got the money in a divorce like Bezos ex wife . For example Alice Walton is the daughter of Sam Walton.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017