Old 06-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Any WWE fans in the audience?

I just started getting into WWE after two previous wrestling stints.

When I was SUPER young I was a fan of the old Hogan/Ultimate Warrior/Andre era.

Got back into it in the 90s with WCW.

And now back again for the last 6 or so months because my girlfriend (no, really!) got me back into it.

So is there anyone else who's a fan out there? Maybe we can turn this into a running thread of whats happening in the Universe?
Old 06-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

Rollins! I think he's going to be a great heel.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biotop View Post
Rollins! I think he's going to be a great heel.
This completely breaks my heart.

I love love love Rollins and thought he was the best part of The Shield, hands down. Reigns is boring. Ambrose is entertaining but no where near as good in the ring as Rollins, and Rollins just had it all.

That being said it's a PERFECT heel turn to actually break my heart. But now my biggest question is...what's he gonna wear?!? I can't see him in anything but SWAT gear.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

And that right there is the perfect motivation for the heel turn. Reigns is supposed to be the big future star, and Ambrose the leader... and yet the true heart and soul of the Shield was always Rollins. He never got the attention he deserved. Now, he will.

Ever since I was a kid and Paul Jones turned on Ricky Steamboat, I've always rooted for the villains. I remember getting dirty looks from other fans when I cheered for Ric Flair in the Richmond Coliseum. Good times. Plus there is always a sound logic to rooting for the heels. After all, the winner is supposed to be the guy who can beat the other guy senseless. Nice guys SHOULD finish last in this kind of sport. And arguing about wrestling with other fans using the heel point of view is all kinds of fun.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Reigns is boring.
Alright, you're on my list! Besides having bedroom eyes, pouty lips, and a hot bod, Reigns has also improved greatly in the promo department and I love that Superman punch. Also he's a Georgia Tech grad and we're a Tech family.
Quote:
But now my biggest question is...what's he gonna wear?!? I can't see him in anything but SWAT gear.
It's going to suck to see any of them in something other than tactical stuff. I only hope they continue to wear pants rather than going to the short tights.

I also really like Bray Wyatt (that upside down thing is creepy!) and Luke Harper (he has this great finisher, the Truck Stop, that he used in the indies. Don't know if he's used it in WWE.) They are both very agile for big men.

And does anyone else think that John Cena is a heel in disguise? He's so insufferably moral and do-goody, and everyone loves to hate him. I liked him a lot better when he was a Doctor of Thuganomics. I want to see him succumb to the dark side in spectacular fashion, but it'll never happen.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:26 PM

I'm a big mark for the Wyatts. Here's a Tshirt design I made of them.

It did sadden me to see Seth Rollins turn on the Shield, as they made for such a cool outlaw group. But, their breakup was bound to happen, and they need to grow into their single careers. Plus, Seth and Daniel Bryan had an absolutely amazing match on RAW a few months ago, one I considered the Match of the Year. Seth will be an awesome solo performer, but I'm gonna miss the Shield.

I don't see Cena turning heel until he's in his 40's. He's still in the "young upstart" stage, and Bryan keeps running into bad luck too much to stay top face.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:44 PM

I started watching in 94 when Bret was champ and the Kliq was working in the background. Long time HBK fan, I'll watch anything of his. When he broke his back and Raw started changing from matches to skits and promos, I switched more to ECW and followed RVD. I had to quit ECW when they lost their TNN show and I couldn't get Hardcore TV anymore. I finally gave up on WWF sometime during the invasion angle. It had so much potential, but fell flat. I wanted to watch Summerslam 02 for HBK's return, but I didn't get it.

I watched off and on from then on. I usually knew who the champ was, but only tuned in for big things like Wrestlemania and when Bret hosted Raw. In the summer of 2011, my dad bought me tickets to a house show and I started watching PPVs again. I finally started watching Raw again in the fall of 2011.

I wish Raw would go back to 2 hours. I wouldn't even mind if it went back to 1 hour like it was when I first started. You used to only see big matches on PPV. Now, they'll announce a big match by having them wrestle on Raw for 3 weeks before the PPV, then on the PPV, then Raw again the next night. Now they have too much time to fill.

Push Ziggler!
Old 06-05-2014, 03:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Money In The Bank winner ends up being either Cena or a surprise return by Batista (remember when everybody thought Daniel Bryan was leaving WWE?), who then decides, "I don't want the belt this way; I'll wait for Daniel Bryan to return, and then cash in the briefcase."

What they should have done: have him hand over one of his two belts, then, when he's better, they'll hang both belts over the ring and have a ladder match for the "unified" title (after which they can finally retire one of them - having both of them around is meaningless unless there's another split coming up).
Old 06-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

I am hoping the days of a non-heel Cena winning the championship in any way at all are OVER.

Batista/Bryan could be good, as the "broken promises" relate to Batista not getting the title at Wrestlemania. But if we are supposedly moving to Brock/Bryan at Summerslam, we really don't need Cena at all in the title picture. Brock could carry the title all the way to Wrestlemania 2015.

I say give it back to Orton, who never really lost the WWE Championship fairly anyway.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biotop View Post
I am hoping the days of a non-heel Cena winning the championship in any way at all are OVER.
Don't expect a Cena heel turn any time soon - he's still far too over with Make-A-Wish kids. It would be like asking Fonzie to get a crew cut.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
So is there anyone else who's a fan out there? Maybe we can turn this into a running thread of whats happening in the Universe?
I, like you, got back into the show last year after having last been a WCW fan in the '90s. It's hit-or-miss these days - the average 3-hour episode of Raw has 2 or 3 good matches sandwiched in between a lot of squashes, throwaway comedy matches, and endless recaps, but with DVR it's a lot less painful to sit through than it would have been in the old days.

Honestly, most of the best wrestling I've seen in the company lately has been coming out of NXT, their developmental indie-esque league down in Florida. (You can watch their weekly TV show on the WWE network if you're a subscriber.) Guys like Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze, and the Ascension are all going to make a big splash once they eventually come up to the main roster.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 PM

I'm a fan of old school southern wrassin'. I grew up watching the Carolina and Tennessee territories; Mongolian Stomper, Fuller Brothers, Ronnie Garvin, Bob Orton,Jr., Blackjack Mulligan. Most of the WWE product doesn't appeal to me, although I do find Bray Wyatt interesting. He does the cult thing better than Kevin Sullivan did in Florida, and he has his Grandpappy Blackjack's smile. I completely lost interest in WWE when the Rock was big. I think he could have given great promos if he had been allowed to, but instead he just spouted off a bunch of catchphrases.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:24 AM

I cannot wait for Sami Zayn to make the main roster.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTaurusSHO94 View Post
I cannot wait for Sami Zayn to make the main roster.
He's already wrestled on the main roster at house shows during their tour of Saudi Arabia recently, where he's apparently massively over (he's a Canadian of Syrian descent and speaks fluent Arabic). The main roster is definitely lacking in solid cruiserweights right now, so his eventual debut is going to be a breath of fresh air.

I, personally, am looking forward to the debut of the Ascension - they remind me so much of teams like Demolition or the Road Warriors, who were technically heels but became fan favorites anyway because they were just that damn good.

Last edited by Smapti; 06-06-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:13 AM

I remain amazed that Roman Reigns didn't defeat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 AM

I don't think Batista's coming back any time soon. He's off to promote Guardians of the Galaxy, and WWE didn't get the face reaction they wanted when he came back earlier.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:35 AM

I was aware of, but not into, wrestling when I was growing up in the 1980s--but if you were a kid back then, you pretty much couldn't help but pick some of it up by osmosis. I actually started watching it in the early 2000s, right around the beginning of Cena's push, and the brand split. Why do I remember that it was right around the beginning of Cena's push? Because I couldn't stand that guy. He pretty much drove me away from the product back then.

Anyway, happened to read The Squared Circle, which has lots of great stuff about the history of the business, and found myself interested again. While the product is not without its problems at the moment, it's still a great time--lots of new talent coming up, thanks to HHH's baby, NXT. And, when Vince eases back and lets HHH and Steph run things, good things seem to happen--see, e.g., WrestleMania 30. It will, I suspect, only get better as he and Kevin Dunn step further and further away from active control.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:41 AM

I love watching NXT on the network (which I have). But for the last couple of weeks I cannot get a good feed of it. It will constantly go back and replay the same 5 seconds about three times in a row, then jump ahead, then go in and out of HD, it's SO frustrating.

Even when I watched Payback it was doing it. I had to end up streaming it on my computer instead of using the PS3. Is anyone else having network problems?

Also wanna know how to anger everyone in this thread? I do. I really don't like Bray Wyatt that much. He just bores me to death. His schtick was cool when he came out and waxed philosophy for a while, but then he did it again....and again....and again....and again...It just got boring because he never said anything new. He's a fine wrestler and he really is a fine talker, he just needs to monologue less, and DO more.

If there's one thing that disappoints me a lot in WWE right now is lack of tag teams. The Usos are pretty cool in their own right, and Rowan and Harper and good, but I'm saddened that the Shield weren't in the picture more, and that they killed the Brotherhood. So now we have Ryabaxel? Los Matadores (LOVE TORITO!)? friggin 3MB? Ugh..
Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Is now a good time to come back? My wrestling fandom almost exactly coincides with the OP's timewise (except I first got into WWF during the Bret Hart era rather than the Hogan era.)
Old 06-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
Is now a good time to come back? My wrestling fandom almost exactly coincides with the OP's timewise (except I first got into WWF during the Bret Hart era rather than the Hogan era.)
You know what was fun for me? Meeting new people (The Shield...Big E...Cesaro) and forming my own opinions on everyone not knowing who they were. I didn't know if they were heels, or faces, or anything...but I could figure out who I liked.

It was also fun for me when they reference people I know. "Holy shit Goldust is STILL wrestling?!?" "That's Jericho! wow!"

Also if you can afford 60 bucks the Network really is fun. Easy to watch, Countdown is a ball to watch, all the PPVs, the documentaries, it's cool
Old 06-07-2014, 03:44 PM

I'm a Smackdown watcher, and we got our first taste of Rollins as a heel.

Happy he still has the SWAT gear on! Interesting that they chose Ziggler to be the mouthpiece for it tho.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 PM

The Network is a great deal for the price, even if it does do that drop down to SD randomly at times.

Netflix does the same thing, even worse at times, sometimes dropping down from 1080p to sub SD resolution that you could have watched over dialup. It's not my internet connection either, we upgraded from DSL to cable around the time WWE Network came out and get great speeds in general, so it's either just net congestion or something on their end or the like.

The first week the Network was pretty bad, like the total drop of the signal at one point when NXT Arrival was on, but since then it's been fine other than the intermittent SD problem.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I'm a Smackdown watcher, and we got our first taste of Rollins as a heel.

Happy he still has the SWAT gear on! Interesting that they chose Ziggler to be the mouthpiece for it tho.
I was at that show--that heat he got was one hundred percent genuine. No need for crowd seasoning there. (I like to think I helped start the "You sold out" chants, too. )

The dark match after the taping was Dean & Roman + Big Show vs. the Wyatts. Blew the roof off the place, as you would expect.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:10 PM

I saw a WWE "Road to Wrestlemania" show a couple of months ago. For these types of house shows, they attract more families and kids, so they're going to have the faces win more of the matches.

The kids popped huge for Cena, Bryan and Big Show. Ziggler and R-Truth know how to work the crowd. Damien Sandow may be the default fall guy, but he got the most heel heat by far. I came to see the Wyatts :-) Their entrance wasn't as ominous as it could have been, because the arena kept the stair lights on. Insurance concerns, I guess.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawMonkey View Post
I was at that show--that heat he got was one hundred percent genuine. No need for crowd seasoning there. (I like to think I helped start the "You sold out" chants, too. )

The dark match after the taping was Dean & Roman + Big Show vs. the Wyatts. Blew the roof off the place, as you would expect.
Oh wow how cool. It always seems like the dark matches are just as good (if not better) than some of the stuff they show on air.

Makes it too "fun" I gues...
Old 06-08-2014, 04:48 PM

Cena does HUGE merchandise sales with kids (far and away their top seller) and has granted somewhere around 400 (make-a-) wishes. There's no chance he ever turns heel unless this dramatically changes.

Love the Wyatts. My idea for a shirt was, on the front, Bray in that upside down corner pose, but instead of holding the ropes, his arms are up holding the World. On the back, you have a panel with Harper and Rowan. The edge of the panel is the words "he's got the whole world in his hands" repeated. Rowan is wearing the sheep mask and his head actually sticks outside the panel a bit.

Roman Reigns video link for the ladies.

I think Bo Dallas has a lot of potential if they don't go all Santino on him. He's the Villain who thinks he's the Hero. Talking and playing positive while acting heelish when push comes to shove.

Glad the Usos made it big. Have always liked them.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 AM

They need to have Bo Dallas LITERALLY never lose.

He needs to get a streak up there in the 50s and 60s. Have him beat people in weird-ass funny ways, have him legitimately win, have him piss people off so that they want to face him, and he wins in some stupid way. Just have him never lose. The fans will HATE him, but it will be a good hate.

I love Bo Dallas because I hate him. His stupid shit-eating grin, his Tebowing, the fact that he hits a guy then yells "I'm Winning!!" and runs around the ring. It's the funniest goddamn thing I've ever seen, and I laugh every time.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:15 AM

How much time do they give to Diva matches?

And are there 'romantic' storylines?
Old 06-09-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glee View Post
How much time do they give to Diva matches?

And are there 'romantic' storylines?
Basically one match a show.

And as for romance, since I've been watching they haven't had one. The closest they've got is constantly referencing/working-into-the-story the real life romance of Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan.

Oh wait....they kinda have a thing with Summer Rae and Fandango? Kinda? but it's not really real (even for WWE) and kinda stupid.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
They need to have Bo Dallas LITERALLY never lose.

He needs to get a streak up there in the 50s and 60s. Have him beat people in weird-ass funny ways, have him legitimately win, have him piss people off so that they want to face him, and he wins in some stupid way. Just have him never lose. The fans will HATE him, but it will be a good hate.

I love Bo Dallas because I hate him. His stupid shit-eating grin, his Tebowing, the fact that he hits a guy then yells "I'm Winning!!" and runs around the ring. It's the funniest goddamn thing I've ever seen, and I laugh every time.
And he should start grossly exaggerating his streak at about the 10th win in a row.

Just wild eyed happy run in on his opponent's promo time. "I've won like 500 matches in a row! More than Goldberg! We're going to have a lot of fun out there and I'm going to win! AGAIN!"

Also, when he sees a "Bo, Leave!" sign in the audience he should stop, and point it out and say that they're a Boliever, they're just really bad at spelling.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:15 PM

I am anxiously awaiting the day when Vince doesn't interfere with the Main Roster broadcasts any longer. Just watching NXT versus RAW, for example, you can see how much better the announcing is without Vince's talking in their ear. William Regal is SO good in his role - I love how he actually talks about the moves in the ring as well as the ring psychology and athletic background of what is going on. I think it really helps to put over the NXT roster and it would help quite a bit when they come up to the main roster, but half the time you have King and Bradshaw having some off-topic discussion while the match is going on, completely ignoring the match itself...
Old 06-09-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Basically one match a show.

And as for romance, since I've been watching they haven't had one. The closest they've got is constantly referencing/working-into-the-story the real life romance of Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan.

Oh wait....they kinda have a thing with Summer Rae and Fandango? Kinda? but it's not really real (even for WWE) and kinda stupid.
Brie's apparently off the roster. Whether that's kayfabe or shoot is left as an exercise to the reader.

Women's matches (I hate the "Divas" branding, and don't get me started on that fucking belt...) are not currently well-served in the main roster WWE. They tend to involve very little wrestling, with more hair-pulling and slapping, they rarely get more than a few minutes, and they tend to be booked into "breather" spaces after big matches, so folks aren't paying much attention--they're off to the bathroom, or to get a beer, or whatever. Word on the wrestling street is that this is due primarily to Kevin Dunn, and to a lesser extent, Vince. More reason to hope for the changing of the guard sooner rather than later.

There've been some good things going on in the main roster lately (Alicia Fox, in particular, has been doing some awesome character work; Paige hasn't been booked terribly well, but I'm told she did excellent work on NXT), but the place to go if you want to see some quality women's wrestling is NXT. Matches are given time, they actually wrestle, they have characters that you can maybe get interested in, etc. If you have the Network, check out Natty vs. Charlotte on NXT Takeover for starters. (In fact, check out Takeover as a whole, including the pre and post shows. Such a great "special event".)
Old 06-09-2014, 04:34 PM

Well apparently, DBD's neck is much worse than expected and he won't be cleared by MitB.

Hoping it doesn't turn out to be another Edge situation.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 PM

I go through phases of interest. In general, there's usually only a few guys that I really like watching. Right now it's Wyatt, The Shield, Bryan. Shame about his neck, and I truly hope that he takes the time, and the company lets him take the time, to really heal up.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:51 AM

I'm ok with the Ladder Match being for the belt(s). It makes the WHC storyline interesting again because, honestly, who the hell wants to see DB and friggin Kane? No one. That's who.

Also color me bad at predictions. After Trips told Stephanie that "I guarantee after tonight The Shield is no more" I thought that Ambrose would turn and join the Evolution, knock Reigns out, and begin his face push.

But SuperCena came out and all is well with the world.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 AM

Who the hell wanted DBD to come back from a career threatening neck injury, way too quickly, and get put into a buried alive match with Kane? THAT idea was fucking dangerously stupid and I think maybe the doctors finally said "oh hell no, we're not clearing you that quickly to do something that stupid and end your career."
Old 06-11-2014, 09:56 AM

So who do we think is winning the title?

My vote is honestly either SuperCena or Orton again, not because they need/deserve the title, but because they're an easy placeholder until the writers can come up with a storyline to either get it back on DBs waist, or until Reigns/Cesaro/Bray(?) is ready to take it
Old 06-12-2014, 01:11 PM

And... Another round of releases. Frankly, I'm more surprised by who isn't on this list, and expect there will probably be a second round within a week (there usually is).

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal

Given that they were the jobber team and on TV fairly frequently, I'm at least a little surprised.

Aksana

Have wondered for a while about Aksana. She's just never improved. People speculated that someone important really liked her, not for her wrestling skills.

Brodus Clay

Sent down to NXT, legit knocks a guy's 4 front teeth out in a backstage segment (NOT in the ring). Yeah, your days were numbered.

Camacho
Yoshi Tatsu
Curt Hawkins.

Not surprised by any of these.

Evan Bourne

The man has been out with 'injuries' for a couple of years, and had two Wellness strikes against him before that. No payoff keeping the man around.

Teddy Long
Referee Marc Harris

So... How the fuck does JTG still have a job??? Is he Pat Patterson's boy toy or something? What about David Otunga? He hasn't been on TV in something like a year.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post

So... How the fuck does JTG still have a job??? Is he Pat Patterson's boy toy or something? What about David Otunga? He hasn't been on TV in something like a year.
Otunga has a job by marriage to a celebrity. JTG is a mystery to everyone.

I'm wondering if Heath Slater got saved by the JBL and Cole show.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:47 PM

JTG was released this afternoon. Guess someone caught the oversight.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
And... Another round of releases. Frankly, I'm more surprised by who isn't on this list, and expect there will probably be a second round within a week (there usually is).

Drew McIntyre
Jinder Mahal

Given that they were the jobber team and on TV fairly frequently, I'm at least a little surprised.
I'm hoping this frees up Heath Slater to be repackaged as JBL's "nephew", Clem Layfield, the role he's been playing on the YouTube Renee Young Cody Rhodes JBL & Cole BAD NEWS BARRETT Show, featuring Renee Young, Cody Rhodes, JBL & Cole. It's a great character, and I'd like to see him bring it to the main show, a la #BNB.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:37 PM

Wait a minute...out of the 3MB, SLATER was the one that survived?

I wonder when Tensai gets his walking papers. And if I were Damian Sandow, I'd start packing my flesh-colored leotard right now.

Last edited by GoodOmens; 06-12-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
Wait a minute...out of the 3MB, SLATER was the one that survived?

I wonder when Tensai gets his walking papers. And if I were Damian Sandow, I'd start packing my flesh-colored leotard right now.
Slater's good at what he does--jobbing. Nothing wrong with that--he can make other guys look good, and somebody needs to be willing to do that. We can't all be winners.

As to Sandow, I want better things for him--his "Intellectual Savior of the Masses" thing works fine as a heel gimmick, and he can work the stick pretty well. But he's getting on TV every week, and most of these "rotating comedy jobber of the week" gimmicks he's been doing have been pretty entertaining, and best of all, he is absolutely embracing each and every one of them. I don't think he's in any real danger any time soon.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
Tensai's been doing commentary on NXT as "Jason Alberts", so his job might be safe at least for now.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:11 PM

Of all of 3MB, Slater was the one who embraced the role the most, had the most fun with it and seemed most open to doing pretty much anything. This is what Vince likes - when you take a punishment gimmick and run with it without complaining.

As above, Albert/Tensai has been doing occasional commentary on NXT. He isn't bad. I think he and Alex Riley skated through the cuts on that factor, since neither of them has been doing anything in the ring. Another one that occurred to me was Brad Maddox, aka "Pretty" to some female fans. He was 'fired' as RAW General Manager just a couple of weeks ago and hadn't really done much in the last several months.

Just so, I wouldn't be surprised if all three were named in the next round of cuts. WWE usually does one main wave up front, then a couple of smaller waves over the next week or two.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:51 PM

I think the commentary boys are probably safe as commentary boys. They're doing NXT, Main Event, and probably Superstars (I don't watch). And, with Regal showing them how it's done, they're well on their way to doing a better job than the A-team. (They're already doing better than Lawler, but so is the mute button.)
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 PM

I actually started watching wrestling in the WWWF era with the Von Erichs.

I loved the 80's era. But, the shows were terrible. By the early 90's, TV was all squashes and the only decent matches you could see were on PPV. Thank god the WCW came along and introduced some real competition. When they got Paul White (The Giant,) I thought they won. He is probably the best wrestler of his generation. But then the Attitude Era started, and WWE hit it out of the park. WCW's nWo crap couldn't compete, and then they started putting celebrities into main events like Jay Leno or Dennis Rodman. WCW folding was the end, I stopped watching after that. I tried to see if WWE could create self-competition, but without the Rock or Steve Austin, the attitude was gone. The talent level went up, but when the lightweights started turning into 4 foot tall steroid monsters, I gave up.

I regret not being into it during the RoH era, I think I would have really enjoyed seeing Samoa Joe in his prime, or pure Brian Danielson.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:23 PM

My greatest WWE moments:

6. Steve Austin busts out the 3:16 after winning King of the Ring for the first or second time.
5. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (Triple H) debuts in a pig sty match against some Farmer Jobber. Somehow, he wins, but probably one of the most undramatic debuts of a future superstar ever.
4. Parking lot match vs Steven Regal and the Irish guy where they got mad and started really pounding on each other. Irish guy needed surgery after.
3. Chris Benoit reverses the choke slam on the Giant during a Raw taping and turns it into an STF, cementing his giant killer status.
2. The first ever "You Suck" chant during Kurt Angle's entry music. He really blossomed after that.
1. Every interview the Rock has ever had after he became The Rock.

Last edited by Superhal; 06-13-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhal View Post
My greatest WWE moments:
-Anytime Ravishing Rick Rude addressed the crowd.
-The time Scott Steiner addressed the crowd with a hot ring chick next to him and had to furiously think away the obvious boner he was getting in the middle of his speech.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

My top 5 would have to be something like this;

5) Hulk Hogan beats Sgt. Slaughter at Wrestlemania VII, thus winning back the title and singlehandedly winning the Gulf War for America.
4) "It's me, Austin! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, AUSTIN!"
3) The Rock vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania 18.
2) Being in the second row live for the Raw in Seattle last year, where the main event Cena/Orton promo got completely derailed because we wouldn't stop cheering for Daniel Bryan.
1) Bryan beating Triple H at Wrestlemania this year, then getting off a stretcher in the main event and beating Orton and Batista to become champion.