Old 05-21-2019, 12:11 PM

Beckdawrek's bad, bad, bad wardrobe. (Or, oh shit, I need to go shopping)!

So, it's getting warm here in the southland. I'm digging out shorts and lightweight tee-shirts. Every shirt I look at is either stained, torn or shrunk. Shorts are in worse condition. Cut off jeans eventually just ravel away. Who knew?
Now, guys I hate leaving the house much. But shopping for clothes is one reason I absolutely hate it, with a purple passion!
Brilliant plan comes to me. I'll shop online. Come on Amazon, show me some love.
First thing I found were lightweight capri pants. Good price, long enough a few colors. I order 3 pair. They come. Too short (long legs) too lightweight. No pockets, I swear they had pockets in the picture. They are basically pajama pants. Gah!
Next thing is tee-shirts. I'm looking at shirts. I see a few plain, light weight tee-s, I check the length on their chart (long waisted, too) Seems like they will fit. I go to the comments everyone says they shrink. Well crap! I order a larger size. I order 4. A good deal is a better deal, multiplied. Sez, me. They'll come Friday.
Scroll on down. Ooh, I see a purple tee-shirt with words. It says 'OMG Becky'. What? Well, I gotta order that. Cute, $17, kinda precious. Oh well. I deserve a treat.
I'm talking to the lil'wrekker and tell her about the shirts. She laughing and screaming on the phone. What the heck is so funny? The 'OMG Becky' shirts is a meme. What does that mean? So my precious shirt is a no go. Can't wear it out of the house.
So far I 've gotten several pairs of pajamas, and no clothes I can wear outside the house. I have high hopes for the t-shirts coming Friday. Oh, hell who am I kidding? They won't work out.
Don't let's talk about shoes.
I'm just gonna stay home and run around nekkid.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:18 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not aware of the "OMG Becky" meme either. Please to explain?
Old 05-21-2019, 12:24 PM

If I could, I would. Maybe someone here knows.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:33 PM

Maybe Sir Mix-a-lot knows?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...+butt&amp=true
Old 05-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Here ya go.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I have high hopes for the t-shirts coming Friday. Oh, hell who am I kidding? They won't work out.
It's sad but true! I can't shop either. Or post faster than raventhief.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:20 PM

Whew! I thought it was something worse. Thanks, y'all

OMG, Beck!
Old 05-21-2019, 02:26 PM

I wear t-shirts constantly. I like either Star Trek themed stuff, or ones that make people look twice and laugh. One fave is, "I'm Retired. This is as Dressed Up as I Get." Another, "I Thought Getting Older Would Take Longer." And, "Careful or You'll End Up in My Novel."

Coffe-themes are always good. My fave coffee shirt, which died not too long ago, said, "This is My Coffee Drinking Shirt," and it had brown stains all over it. I have to get bloodwork done every three or four months, and it is always FASTING. So I have a special t-shirt to wear then, "I Haven't Had My Coffee Yet. Don't Make Me Kill You."

Cafe Press has a wonderful selection of t-shirts at decent prices!

~VOW
Old 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Whew! I thought it was something worse. Thanks, y'all

OMG, Beck!
It's also in anaconda by Nikki Minaj, and that song is explicit in a way Baby Got Back is NOT.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:09 PM

I see Beyonce' says 'Becky with the good hair' hmmmm? Kinda apropos.
I just found a shirt that says "Ermigod, Bercky"
I may order that one. I have to check with the lil'wrekker. She insists she clears the sayings on MY t-shirts.

OMG, Beck
Old 05-21-2019, 04:46 PM

Buy a sewing machine--you can then make any kind of clothes you want!
Old 05-21-2019, 05:23 PM

I sew. That's a good idea.

OMG, Beck
Old 05-21-2019, 07:15 PM

I'd stay away from that good haired Becky. She's trouble.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
I'd stay away from that good haired Becky. She's trouble.
Yeah, I am.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yeah, I am.
No, you're not. We all know you too well. If you're trouble, then you are trouble in a good way. Definitely not a "bad, bad" way.

As for me, my local sports bar had been selling all kinds of stuff with the sports bar's logo on it. They're getting out of that line of business, so they're selling it off at fire sale prices. I've been picking up some nice things, including some golf shirts. Now, all I need is for the local weather to improve to the point where we can actually play golf without freezing.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Another woman who hates shopping? Especially for clothes and shoes. I am amazed.

I hate shopping for anything. I get my clothes at yard sales, free markets and thrift stores. I work in a store that sells toiletries (and go bonkers when we get a shipment of method soap products). If I could figure out how to get food easier that going to the grocery, I'd be very very happy.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

I do the Stitch Fix thing, where they send you clothes they've picked out. It used to be that you had to pay twenty bucks for the shipment, which would then be deducted from the price of the clothing you bought. It made you feel a bit obligated to buy the clothes, so that $20 wouldn't be wasted. But then they changed it to where you could pay fifty bucks once a year. Now I recieve boxes of clothes all the time, try them all on and send them all back. That's what a great shopper I am.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
So, it's getting warm here in the southland. I'm digging out shorts and lightweight tee-shirts. Every shirt I look at is either stained, torn or shrunk. Shorts are in worse condition. Cut off jeans eventually just ravel away. Who knew?
Just sayin', but a leggy blonde in a torn or shrunk tee and cut-offs that have unraveled beyond the point of no return can be a great look.
Quote:
Then there's that.

Just sayin'.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Just sayin', but a leggy blonde in a torn or shrunk tee and cut-offs that have unraveled beyond the point of no return can be a great look.
Quote:
Then there's that.

Just sayin' is all.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:38 AM

The post so nice it was posted twice! www.thinkgeek.com and www.designbyhumans.com/shop/unique-t-shirts/ both have some cool designs and such.

Last edited by swampspruce; 05-22-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
I just found a shirt that says "Ermigod, Bercky"
"Ermahgerd, Becky, lerk at her bert!"

Running around nekkid is a valid alternative, just make sure that your stalker state trooper isn't lurking nearby.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:56 AM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampspruce View Post
The post so nice it was posted twice! www.thinkgeek.com and www.designbyhumans.com/shop/unique-t-shirts/ both have some cool designs and such.
Another site I recommend for fun / quirky / unique (but not objectionable) t-shirts is Threadless.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM

As a tall woman with ridiculously long limbs, I can tell you that online shopping is the way to go, but you have to be really careful.

Eddie Bauer
Gap/Banana Republic
ThredUp (used, and can be overpriced, but they list inseams and shirt lengths)
Ann Taylor

all have tall sizes.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 AM

Not sure if this is related but... lets say you pull out a T-shirt you truly loved last summer... it fits... it has no holes... but there is an ugly-spot stain. You've tried that washing, pre-soaking dance until all of your fingers smell of bleach but it's still there.

It's the Lindsey Graham of stains: obnoxious and had to get out. Is there some old school way to salvage the shirt?

( Lets assume you've already been to a dry cleaner who looked at it and laughed for 5 minutes straight and then said, "You going shopping, bruddah...")

Last edited by Mundane Super Hero; 05-22-2019 at 11:27 AM. Reason: WH Press Conference
Old 05-22-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Super Hero View Post
Not sure if this is related but... lets say you pull out a T-shirt you truly loved last summer... it fits... it has no holes... but there is an ugly-spot stain. You've tried that washing, pre-soaking dance until all of your fingers smell of bleach but it's still there.

It's the Lindsey Graham of stains: obnoxious and had to get out. Is there some old school way to salvage the shirt?

( Lets assume you've already been to a dry cleaner who looked at it and laughed for 5 minutes straight and then said, "You going shopping, bruddah...")
"Out damned Spot, out I say..."
Old 05-22-2019, 02:41 PM

Artistically placed cooling vent?
Old 05-22-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Yes, you make your own hand embroidered patch.
https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/diy-...atches-4047059

I have a shirt that is light-weight gauze with some larger embroidered flowers around the neck. Just noticed that there is a hole near the bottom. Iím going to make a patch of three flowers similar to those around the neck and cover that sucker up.

My big find for last summer was the trapeze t-shirt dress with pockets. I found several vendors on Amazon, but Annabelle seemed to have the best ones. As in long enough that I donít feel weird wearing one to work. I swim at the gym three days a week and getting dressed in pants afterwards is just too much trouble. I find these dresses can go office to after workout well. (granted, I have about the laxest office dress code on the planet).

For at home, the $9 Walmart sundress WITH pockets has been a surprisingly good buy. A good weight knit. If your knit is too lightweight, you get lap wrinkles after wearing it half an hour and if you have to sit for any length of time at a game or park or outdoor watering hole, the super light knits tend to crawl into crevices and show sweat. Not a look Iím personally going for.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Why, yes. That is a spy-glass in my pocket.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Why, yes. That is a spy-glass in my pocket.
You are a bad, bad, bad man.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Get a bottle of DAWN dish soap. Not the "original strength" but the muscular one. Get an old toothbrush. Squirt the dish soap on the stain, then scrub Hell out of it with the toothbrush.

(Forget the SHOUT)

Most annoying and persistent stains are grease-based. After letting the DAWN marinate, throw the t-shirt in with the whites and don't forget the bleach.

I'm working with the assumption this is your last ditch effort, before the shirt becomes a painting shirt or paint rag.

When the load is done washing, take the t-shirt outside on a sunny day and look it over carefully. Grease stains like to hide in indoor lighting. If you still see the spot, even the outline of the spot, repeat the DAWN scrub. You can repeat the DAWN scrub until your hands get tired, LOL.

Do NOT put the shirt in the dryer until you have taken it outside for inspection!

I once made a paste of DAWN liquid and CASCADE powder, and scrubbed the dickens out of a pair of pants. I had a drafting ink stain on them!

The keys are persistence and NOT using the dryer until you know the stain is gone.

~VOW
Old 05-22-2019, 11:33 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
You are a bad, bad, bad man.
Pay no attention to the drones above your property, Beck. Especially any with a Rebel Alliance logo on them.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post
Pay no attention to the drones above your property, Beck. Especially any with a Rebel Alliance logo on them.
Oh my god, Becky look at that drone!!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:24 AM

If I were you, I'd wear the OMG Becky shirt a LOT. It's funny. You like it. I'd make certain to wear it when the Li'l Wrekker is around. If she rolls her eyes, get her this tee shirt.

Actually, if I had your long waist, long legs, and long, long hair, I'd definitely run around naked. Or you might consider painting on clothes. Perfect fit every time!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:38 AM

Well, the shirt will soon be here. I will wear it.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:20 AM
Charter Member

As long as the shirt doesn't hit the fan, Beck.

Long legs? My ex-wife had legs that started at her feet and appeared to end under her armpits. How tall are you, Beck?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:12 AM

6 ft., I've actually measured my legs but I forget how many inches they are. What kills me is my ridiculous arm length. These limbs are just allover the place, some days.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
6 ft., I've actually measured my legs but I forget how many inches they are. What kills me is my ridiculous arm length. These limbs are just allover the place, some days.

Is your other nicname Saru?
Old 05-23-2019, 10:39 AM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Oh my god, Becky look at that drone!!
*dies of laughter*
Old 05-24-2019, 03:57 AM
Charter Member

Woot's been my favorite source of t-shirts for well over a decade. "Family Breakfast" in the second row at the link (or let's try a direct link to that tee) may be my all-time favorite, but I've got probably two dozen or so of their shirts altogether. And they hold up pretty well.

Last edited by RTFirefly; 05-24-2019 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:10 PM

Make sure you wash those shirts before wearing them, otherwise they tend to be itchy.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Make sure you wash those shirts before wearing them, otherwise they tend to be itchy.
I have the ability to scratch where it itches
Old 05-27-2019, 12:34 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
That is...innovative, to say the least.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote: