Old 01-08-2020, 07:19 PM

Trump out of breath today

It was very obvious to me in today's speech that Trump appeared very out of breath, having to breath heavy while talking. Add to this his staff (generals and the VP) came in first then seemed to look around wondering where Trump was, like Trump was with them when they started but somehow got lost along the way. Anyone have any take on it?
Old 01-08-2020, 07:35 PM

Some folks are talking about adderall. I think he sounded subdued like that because he was reading a teleprompter and not extemporizing as he usually does. All his "moderate and rational" speeches seem to have been written by others and as such, they give him no joy.

It could also be he had his juices up for a big bombing campaign but had been talked out of it and was disappointed.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:36 PM

Oh, sorry. My bad. I saw the thread title and mistakenly thought he was out of breath, no more, that's all folks. Damn. One of these days.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:39 PM

Not to delve into nutty conspiracy theory territory but...

It's possible that for the last 24 hours or so, Trump's doctors have been "helping" him by giving him drugs to help with anxiety. The result being that he was unable to escalate a war with Iran, causing us all to be plunged into worldwide nuclear disaster.

I think he's being managed even more heavily than before.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:50 PM

He sounded awful but also check out his makeup. It's been extra bad lately. Did he get the wrong color and is too cheap to get the right one? Is he having some skin problem that changed his natural skin color so the makeup doesn't match any more? Or does he have some kind of issue that prevents him from applying better? I mean, he never looked GOOD, but at least he didn't have as obvious blending issues. I can't imagine he lets anyone do it for him, so it feels like it's another sign of... something.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:35 PM

Link to speech on Youtube.

He's on something, alright. The junkie 'president' looks and sounds terrible.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:43 PM

I think you all are on something. Trump was apparently given advice to speak. very. deliberately. And he's doing that. The mic in that speech caught his inhaling through his nose, that was a bit embarrassing, snif snif snif. I agree his makeup looks like hell. But I don't see any there there.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Charter Member

To me it sounded like he was trying to appear sober, reminding me of when he had just had a chat with outgoing Obama. That will change quickly but one or two moments seeming vaguely presidential is no where near enough to rescue him from the very bottom of the list.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:50 PM

a MD comments on Trump today

https://twitter.com/DrGJackBrown/sta...39177185619968
Old 01-08-2020, 09:53 PM

Jesus, that's pathetic. That MD needs a hobby.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

But he has such a long list of accompliment shades!

Last edited by Vinyl Turnip; 01-08-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:22 PM

Man, he's really hard to look at sometimes. Just looks like a hot pile of garbage. For someone so rich and powerful, you'd think he wouldn't look like...that.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
That MD sounds more wrong in the head than Trump.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:00 PM

Have you ever known a junkie? That's exactly how they look and act.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:00 AM

Trump has always been a sniffer. I thought maybe it was a nervous habit, but he was genuinely out of breath in that speech. I couldn't tell if his eyes were dilated.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:05 AM
Suspended

I try to have a life. That includes no audio-video exposure to this POTUS. I pity those who must pay attention.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:07 AM

The thing I noticed was when he would run his tongue on his teeth. I don't know if he's using drugs or not, but that looked like classic druggie.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:52 AM

My impression was that either it was the wrong kind of microphone or poor mic skills causing an unfortunate pickup of the breathing. I will defer to experts on drug behavior but I found the breathing ignorable.

The reasoning in the speech, the uncouth swipe at Obama, the expressions on the guys in the background, the strange emphasis on the characteristics of our missiles, the few slurred words, the confusion of threatening Iran and then (in the next breath!) saying eliminating ISIS is good for them, suggesting maybe we should keep ISIS around (?), just the general Trump clusterfuck was present, but honestly the breathing, to me, is a nothingburger.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:11 AM
BANNED

He's always like that when he's reading off a prompter.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:04 AM

Did he get his teeth bleached? Or does he have dentures that are unnaturally white? Yikes, this is why I never watch him. I only listen when NPR plays snips. I feel like vomiting. I mean really. The sight of him makes me gag. I hope I never meet him in real life. He just looks like he has BO and halitosis. Lingering under the odor of his make-up.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:09 AM

Last edited by iguanas.com; 01-09-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: ...
Old 01-09-2020, 10:18 AM

Trump tweeted 409ks are doing great!
Old 01-09-2020, 10:27 AM

In case anyone's interested in hearing yesterday's speech, minus the words, here you go.

Turn up the volume and close your eyes and you've got what I call "The Stormy Daniels Soundtrack."
Old 01-09-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
In case anyone's interested in hearing yesterday's speech, minus the words, here you go.

Turn up the volume and close your eyes and you've got what I call "The Stormy Daniels Soundtrack."
I barfed. You owe me a laptop.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAppleBucky View Post
Some folks are talking about adderall.
To me this press conference seems like one of the rare occasions when he probably *didn't* take his adderall. Seemed slower and more incoherent than usual.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Let's go to the quarry and throw stuff down there! Oh my fucking Og thinking of that as "The Stormy Daniels Soundtrack" totally fucking rocked!
Old 01-09-2020, 01:58 PM

"Tolerited"
Old 01-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Get back to me when he is permanently out of breath.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post

Well I didn't want to watch that, but I did.

It's quite clear that, drug use and health issues aside, the guy is a very low-level reader. Even without watching him stare directly at the teleprompters, you can tell from his inflection and cadence that he's having a hard time.

It reminds me very much of listening to a beginning reader, say 2nd or 3rd grade, read aloud: short pauses before unfamiliar or longer words, change of inflection at the end of a sentence when the reader realizes there's a punctuation mark coming up, pauses before phrases or sentences to scan before he continues speaking; he clearly doesn't have the ability to scan ahead while reading that competent readers do.

Last edited by Sicks Ate; 01-09-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
Well I didn't want to watch that, but I did.

It's quite clear that, drug use and health issues aside, the guy is a very low-level reader...
This is true beyond a doubt. Trump sucks at reading words. He's not good at it, and he can't fake it. It's clear that he hasn't spent much time in his life reading. Fucking idiot. Reading is hard.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
This is true beyond a doubt. Trump sucks at reading words. He's not good at it, and he can't fake it. It's clear that he hasn't spent much time in his life reading. Fucking idiot. Reading is hard.
A lot of the times he looks away from the teleprompter, he mangles words. Goldfish have longer memories.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Buy gum, you're right! He reads English worse that is my reading of Spanish! (I put that through Google translate twice, just for fun.)

Reading should not be hard for someone his age, speaking his first language.

Now, Bush, fils, used to stumble over the teleprompter, and there was lots of evidence that he had a reading disability, including cryptic comments from his mother, but you're absolutely right. Trump reads as though he's not reading his first language-- I'm very familiar with it as the way many Jewish adults cold-read Hebrew-- these are people who can cold-read English beautifully.

I wonder who reads to his children? most of their mothers were not native speakers of English, although to be fair, Melania's English is quite good, and she reads it better than her husband. Actually, I kinda wish if Trump became incapacitated, Melania would pull an Edith Wilson, and take up "stewardship" of the country. (The truth is, Edith Wilson was our first woman president.) Of course, the 25th amendment wasn't ratified until 1967*, so it was not clear that Marshall should take the reins. I lived in Indiana under Pence, so I can speak with experience, that I would prefer Melania Trump's America to Mike Pence's.

*[hijack]BTW, that's the reason for LBJ's quickie swearing-in on the plane, before JFK's body was cold, and Jackie Kennedy was photographed at his side in the famous photo of it. Since it wasn't clear that he should take over, he was sworn in by a Federal District Judge as soon as she could get there. And Mrs. Kennedy was prominent in the photo to show that she supported the inauguration, and held no Edith Wilson aspirations. It was painted as such a Normal Rockwell moment-- Jackie taking time to care about the country, even at the worst hour of her life, and LBJ being sworn in by a Texan and family friend, but it was very cold-blooded and calculated.[/hijack]
Old 01-09-2020, 07:04 PM

Of all that the brat inherited from daddy, he probably couldn't say if a library or any books were a part.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
...I wonder who reads to his children?...
The gold diggers and hookers.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:39 PM

Why do I never see mentioned in these discussions the seemingly obvious fact that President Trump has all the hallmarks of an FAS baby? Not that that would be in any way his fault, but he certainly came up at a time and in a culture where there would have been no diagnosis or services for it. He was just allowed to bellow and fight his way through school and indeed through life, with no correction for the resultant lack of executive function.

His older brother died an alcoholic, which is why the President stays away from alcohol, but it is clear that he has been before the American people on numerous occasions suffering from amphetamine lock-jaw.

Yes, yes, I am not a doctor, and even if I were I would never have treated or diagnosed Mr. Trump. But his symptoms are on constant display for all to see. He was clearly fighting with his jaw again in this speech, although not as badly as he did in the last State of the Union address.

And yeah, the general behind him to our right, who is that? He looked downright horrified. I recognize his emotional process. I went through something similar when I realized that Mr. Reagan had no idea what was going in, then had to go out to smile and shake his hand for picture time. It is always useful when Heads of State are speaking to turnoff the sound and watch it again, keeping your eyes on the other folks in the picture. Very telling.

Last edited by TruCelt; 01-09-2020 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
He sounded awful but also check out his makeup. It's been extra bad lately. Did he get the wrong color and is too cheap to get the right one? Is he having some skin problem that changed his natural skin color so the makeup doesn't match any more? Or does he have some kind of issue that prevents him from applying better? I mean, he never looked GOOD, but at least he didn't have as obvious blending issues. I can't imagine he lets anyone do it for him, so it feels like it's another sign of... something.
I have seen rumours that Melania has moved to New Jersey to live with her parents, and that Barron is now going to school there. I have't found anything to support them. But if it were true, he would certainly have lost his primary image consultant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post

Old 01-09-2020, 11:45 PM

Any computer whizzes out there know how to hack into a teleprompter? I'd love to see if we could squeeze either an "I'm Ron Burgundy?" or "Go fuck yourself, San Diego" into his next address to the nation. Pretty sure he'd read it and just go on wheezing his way through it like nothing happened.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
To me this press conference seems like one of the rare occasions when he probably *didn't* take his adderall. Seemed slower and more incoherent than usual.
^ This.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
I lived in Indiana under Pence, so I can speak with experience, that I would prefer Melania Trump's America to Mike Pence's.
I, too, lived in Indiana under Pence and think I might prefer Melania to Pence.

Trump's wives might well have been the person to read to his children - it's entirely possible to read fluently in a second language.

(Honestly, I'm able to read French, even aloud from a text, much better than I've ever been able to speak it conversationally although I'm nowhere near fluent by any measure.)
Old 01-10-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Any computer whizzes out there know how to hack into a teleprompter? I'd love to see if we could squeeze either an "I'm Ron Burgundy?" or "Go fuck yourself, San Diego" into his next address to the nation. Pretty sure he'd read it and just go on wheezing his way through it like nothing happened.
One could imagine the MAGAbots rushing out in the streets to proclaim their leader Ron Burgundy and talking trash about San Diego.

Personally, I think his brain disorder is picking up steam. He is not well and it's painfully obvious. But I must go and check on my 409(k).
Old 01-10-2020, 09:41 AM
Charter Member

I’m sure you’re cleaning up.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:13 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Iím sure youíre cleaning up.
Dust aggravates breathing difficulties. This POTUS whines that the White House is a dump. Are the presidential mansion's Deep State housekeepers deliberately infecting him? What's in that dust? If certain spores are found, call in the stormtroopers! Er I mean get a cleaning crew of illegals from a Tramp resort. They'll mop it up, cheap.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:07 PM

The day of that speech I was in my car and heard it on the radio. His shortness of breath was so obvious and I found it alarming. First and only time Iíve ever heard him sound that way. Hope itís the last, too!
Old 01-18-2020, 12:15 AM
Charter Member

Not only does Trump look and sound awful, WTF is up with Pence looking adoring on like the Simpson's Smithers' character?