Old 11-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
It's cute that you think that a guy who has never gotten more than 10,991 votes in an election should be our next nominee.
How many votes had Trump won in elections before he ran for president? How did that compare to his opponent?

Last edited by Miller; 11-27-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:11 PM

It's true. If there's EVER been a time when an unorthodox and politically inexperienced outsider had a serious shot, it's now. Trump (for better or worse) uncorked that genie in 2016. Along those same lines, I also predict a serious Independent candidate in the election after this one.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
It's cute that you think that a guy who has never gotten more than 10,991 votes in an election should be our next nominee.

Who cares how he polls among Democratic voters. How does he poll against trump among swing state voters?
The first paragraph is a silly talking point. Obviously if he wins the nomination, he will have gotten millions of votes in the primaries.

The second question is very valid, however. I just posted a whole bunch of polling data in the main 2020 Primary thread. Short answer: he doesn't poll very well. Sanders and Biden are our safe bets.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Who cares how he polls among Democratic voters. How does he poll against trump among swing state voters?
And it's adorable you'd be so condescending for no conceivable reason. I wasn't talking about polls. I was talking prediction markets, and PrediciT now has Buttigieg at 21%, under Biden by 2, and beating both Warren and Sanders. I think Buttigieg has the best chance of beating Trump in the general. Clearly past vote accumulation doesn't mean shit to voters because Trump had 0 votes when he won.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:56 PM

I think eventually a gay president will be OK , maybe another 10-15 years. I think mayor Pete is a very good candidate but I don't see him beating Trump or anyone else such as Pence.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:28 PM

All I can say is Oy, the commercials. TV and Youtube, over and over and over. I assume it's because I'm in California, and he's concentrating on the March 3rd primaries. If I have to listen to this many commercials about him between now and then, I'm moving to Tibet.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
How many votes had Trump won in elections before he ran for president? How did that compare to his opponent?
Trump had a lot more name recognition than the mayor of a small city in Indiana. I don't think you can compare the two.

Hillary Clinton had never been in a competitive election before the 2016 general election.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnalK View Post
If only someone had said that last year, immediately after.

Though, I seem to remember fact checking myself and seeing Sanders didn't generally get a good bgh grade from the NRA.
It's relative. Over the years, the NRA has become a fairly partisan organization.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:31 PM

The NRA endorses some conservative Dems but there are not many of those left now. A few are still in office in the south.