Labour 18 40.91%
Conservatives 6 13.64%
Liberal-Democrats 15 34.09%
Minor/Regional Parties 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2019, 09:25 PM

2019 British General Election (Poll)

Time to vote.

(Wonderful... there is no way to edit "Labout." Can a Mod help?)
Do you know a child in need?

Last edited by Paul in Qatar; 12-10-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:16 PM
Charter Member

Before I vote, is this who I want to win or who I think will win?
Old 12-10-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalej42 View Post
Before I vote, is this who I want to win or who I think will win?
People generally vote for the party that has the policies they most like. In the UK, many vote strategically, voting simply to stymie a party they do not like. It is up to you.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Charter Member

Voted Lib Dem. I fear itíll be a Tory landslide. Too many Labour supporters on Twitter whining about rigged polls and how Corbyn isnít being treated fairly
Old 12-11-2019, 02:27 AM

I imagine we UK SDMBers skew liberal (as with the US members, though I understand we have different conceptions about what ‘liberal’ means) so this poll is going to end up with the LDs showing much more popular than in the actual election.

Anyway, I ticked ‘Labout’ . I’m not a natural Labour voter, but am voting tactically in this instance. I’m in a safe-ish Conservative constituency.

As above, I’m expecting a Tory majority, but not a landslide. One thing national polls don’t fully take into account is where those being polled are located. The Tories having 45% in a poll doesn’t mean a thing if a majority of those 45% are in constituencies that already have a Conservative MP.

OB

Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 12-11-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:41 AM

Might be interesting to read in comments which party currently represents your constituency and how safe that seat is.

Iím in a safe-ish Conservative seat in the very middle of middle England. The previous Conservative incumbent won in 2017 with 60% of the vote, although Labour did see a 13% upswing. Our previous MP has stood down this election (one of the many Tory remainers who have). Thereís also been a lot of new housing developments built in this area over the last 5-10 years (and ongoing) which means the demographic is skewing younger, with many moving in from more urban (generally left-leaning) areas. Be interesting to see how these effect the vote this time.

OB
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 AM

I'm a traditional Labour supporter of a centrist mode (call me a Blairite, I'll take it as a compliment) and a remainer, so while I'm not in love with the current Labour leadership, I will strap myself to a cross to stop a Tory majority. I'm currently in a Labour ward, with a Tory hot on their heals (well, in second place anyway). My vote goes to Labour.

BTW I voted Green in the euros.

Last edited by SanVito; 12-11-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanVito View Post
I'm a traditional Labour supporter of a centrist mode (call me a Blairite, I'll take it as a compliment) and a remainer, so while I'm not in love with the current Labour leadership, I will strap myself to a cross to stop a Tory majority. I'm currently in a Labour ward, with a Tory hot on their heals (well, in second place anyway). My vote goes to Labour.
I'm similar, but in a Tory/SNP marginal. So I'm gritting my teeth and voting SNP to keep the Tory out in the full knowledge this will be interpreted as a blue-faced full-throated yell for independence. Luckily I will have subsequent votes I can use to correct that misapprehension.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanislaus View Post
I'm similar, but in a Tory/SNP marginal. So I'm gritting my teeth and voting SNP to keep the Tory out in the full knowledge this will be interpreted as a blue-faced full-throated yell for independence. Luckily I will have subsequent votes I can use to correct that misapprehension.
Ooh yes, tricky. I have Scottish in-laws with a similar predicament.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
This is my situation exactly. It doesn't help that the SNP candidate is a wanker of the first order, but needs must.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Greenback View Post
This is my situation exactly. It doesn't help that the SNP candidate is a wanker of the first order, but needs must.
It's tough. I went to the hustings last night (a rare move for me) and was pleasantly surprised about how good my SNP candidate was. MEP of 16 years so pretty good on actual policy as opposed to slogans, and came across as a coalition builder rather than a die-hard. He said he knew he'd be getting anti-Tory rather than pro-SNP votes and if elected wouldn't pretend it was a call for independence now. I actually believe him personally, but he's got party colleagues and a party leader who will take a different approach.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
It's tough. I went to the hustings last night (a rare move for me) and was pleasantly surprised about how good my SNP candidate was.
Our candidate got the name of the constituency wrong at the first hustings he attended.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:05 AM

Would be nice to hear from the four board members who have selected Conservative in the poll so far. Are you natural Conservative voters, just want to ‘get Brexit done’, agree with their manifesto, don’t like Corbyn or a combination of the above?

It would appear from the comments that many non-Tory voters are voting from an ‘anything but the Tories’ viewpoint, rather than from agreeing with their chosen party’s ideology. The Conservatives are hoping to pick up plenty of ‘anyone as long as Brexit gets done’ votes, so would be interesting to see if that’s working out.

OB
Old 12-11-2019, 07:06 AM

LD, like my father before me.

The clue is in the name. Remember the old advert: 'The Co-operative Bank: why would you use one that isn't?'

I'm in a firm Tory constituency, but with LD history. Before the Clegg debacle, we had a popular, long-standing LD MP.

We're doing really well in this poll. But I have a bad feeling about the real one.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Our candidate got the name of the constituency wrong at the first hustings he attended.
But in a way, isn't every constituency East Dunbartonshire?
Old 12-11-2019, 10:00 AM

I'm voting keep Johnson out which pretty much means where I am that "Labout" is the only (maybe) effective option. If it wasn't for first past the post I'd be voting Lib Dem
Old 12-11-2019, 10:08 AM

We are being disenfranchised. I don't get a vote, but my British husband should. No ballot has been sent, though he confirmed in October that he was on the rolls and that he would be able to vote from overseas. A lot of back-and-forthing with them has not resulted in a ballot. The constituency is a close one, so the vote matters.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:16 AM

I'm basically in a "2016 Trump, anybody but Killary" position. I have absolutely no respect for the clown who heads the Conservative party, but the next PM is going to be BJ or JC, and I would vote for a piece of dogshit on a stick if it decreased the chance of getting Corbyn into No 10.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
I would vote for a piece of dogshit on a stick if it decreased the chance of getting Corbyn into No 10.
Lucky for you one's running.

Mind you, Labour has had years to replace Corbyn with someone effectual. I will never understand why they cling to him.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

If I were English I'd probably also be strategically voting for Labout while slightly preferring the Lib Dems.

If I were Scottish I would have moved wholeheartedly toward the SNP in the wake of the Brexit vote, whereas before Brexit I might have strategically voted for them against the Tories while sharing the concerns of Stanislaus about it being perceived as being pro-independence, but I probably would be pro-independence in the wake of Brexit.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drake View Post
Lucky for you one's running.

Mind you, Labour has had years to replace Corbyn with someone effectual. I will never understand why they cling to him.
It's Labour's voting system - block voting by unions and idealistic youngsters who love him. There's plenty in the party who think he's unelectable - most Labour MPs I suspect - but they're currently shouted down.

Last edited by SanVito; 12-11-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:12 PM
I was curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
One thing national polls donít fully take into account is where those being polled are located. The Tories having 45% in a poll doesnít mean a thing if a majority of those 45% are in constituencies that already have a Conservative MP.
I'm among the first to criticise the supposed accuracy of polling, but I'd be amazed if they haven't managed to take this problem into account by now. As you say, it's absolutely key. I assume the ones with decent methodology focus on marginal seats and extrapolate from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanVito View Post
It's Labour's voting system - block voting by unions and idealistic youngsters who love him. There's plenty in the party who think he's unelectable - most Labour MPs I suspect - but they're currently shouted down.
And this is one of the reasons - well, mainly the unions - why Labour are unlikely to get my vote any time soon.

To explain myself a little further - I'm fairly unusual among my friends and acquaintances in supporting Brexit, and generally leaning a bit more to the right than most of them. So my Facebook feed is generally a massive Lab/Lib/Remain echo chamber, with lots of posts advocating tactically voting for ABT (anyone but the Tories). Now, lately my views on Brexit have softened, inasmuch as while it remains my personal preference, I recognise (and always have) that this is a selfish view, and more importantly, there are bigger concerns that need dealing with. I'd even go so far as to say that while I would feel embarrassed and disappointed if we revoked Article 50, sometimes you just have to move on and accept that what was promised couldn't be delivered. So I've based my voting decision on which local MP, party, and leader (in that order) are most likely to do a good job of running the country, IMHO.

That in itself is a problem, of course. Fundamentally I just can't agree with the ABT philosophy - if you want me to vote for someone to unseat the Tories, they have to present a better alternative. And I really don't think that is the current Labour party. I do actually agree that a lot of things in their manifesto are sensible, such as nationalising utilities and transport (free broadband, not so much). And the costings for these expansive policies in the manifesto seem more realistic than they have managed in the past. However, they rather blew that apart with their subsequent announcement of freezing State Pension increases and compensating the WASPI women, neither of which are a good use of public money in my view and are completely uncosted - they would be funded by extra borrowing. The bottom line is I think there is a high risk of current Labour policy wrecking our economy, which will ultimately leave everyone worse off, from top to bottom (well, not the very top, as they're pretty well insulated from everything). And that's before I've even started on Corbyn's 'leadership' skills.

Equally, I won't be voting Conservative, since they appear to be by far the least honest party in this campaign (and for the last few years, I guess) - I refuse to support their attempts to subvert democracy, even though I personally quite like our incumbent Tory MP and I feel he does a reasonable job for his constituents, which I think is extremely important. And Conservative policies are probably best aligned with me personally, but like I say, it seems to be time for a swing back to the left.

That leaves the Lib Dems, and while they have their flaws, they seem to be less than the other two. The most important reason they are getting my vote is their clear funding plans for the NHS, and that everyone will pay a little bit towards that in tax (currently I'm a long way off being affected by Labour's proposed tax increases).

I should point out that I live in one of the safest Tory constituencies in the country, where the incumbent is unlikely to be unseated even if everyone opposed voted tactically, so I have the 'luxury' of being able to use my vote to send a message about which party's policies I most support. I don't view it as a wasted vote - if the Tory and Labour vote share in this constituency falls, it tells their respective central offices that they are getting things wrong and the Lib Dems are doing something right. Which is definitely worth voting for.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Not British, but if I were, I'd vote strategically ABT, unless I was in a safe constituency, in which case I'd vote Green or some other lefty third party, maybe SNP if I were in Scotland. My heart belongs to Labour, but I can't support them as long as Corbyn continues to treat anti-Semitism in the Party with kid gloves.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
But in a way, isn't every constituency East Dunbartonshire?
Heh, now you know where I live! I reckon you've done miles better with your SNP candidate, if I'm guessing correctly. His farewell speech at the European Parliament was really good, really quite moving to be honest.

Last edited by Baron Greenback; 12-11-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:55 PM

I don't get a vote.

I was disenfranchised when I moved abroad because they lost the record of my right to vote. I'm a British citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the last 15 years, but they can't find my registration. How they lost this, no-one can explain and I've exhausted all options (there were disappointingly few to begin with).

I have no proof that I registered to vote back in 2010, I just sent off a form. And then I voted.

So I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to vote here! I get a vote! SMDB 1 - UK 0 (Well UK like -3 at this point. Didn't get to vote in the ref, or the election after that.)

Lib Dems it is. Phew. Thanks, feels good.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:22 PM
I was curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
My heart belongs to Labour, but I can't support them as long as Corbyn continues to treat anti-Semitism in the Party with kid gloves.
I think this is the thing about Corbyn I find most baffling - all he had to do was swiftly and publicly denounce prejudice in all its forms, and apologise for any mistakes his party has made in the past (those last three words being key, of course). By failing to do so he has made it way too easy for his detractors. I mean, maybe he didn't personally feel the need to apologise - but apologising on behalf of others is kind of what being a party leader is all about. Personally, I don't believe he is an anti-Semite (though I have very little evidence either way, I think he probably is anti-Israeli policy but I don't think it's fair to equate that with anti-Semitism unless proved otherwise). But it's just one of many examples where he has failed spectacularly to show good leadership.

Then again, I also cannot comprehend why Johnson would grab that phone with the picture of the boy on the floor of the hospital. For all his faults, he is supposed to be quick-witted and intelligent. How hard could it have been to acknowledge the photo, state the obvious (that it looks appalling), and to the obvious follow-up point that it is his party's policies that have essentially caused this, say that it wouldn't be appropriate to comment on individual cases but obviously this is not the sort of thing we want to see, before trotting out some standard li[n]e about 40 new hospitals? It's campaigning 101, surely?
Old 12-11-2019, 01:28 PM

I live in a safe Labour seat. I voted for Cameron and May, and for Boris Johnson for London mayor for that matter, but I don't want to vote for Johnson for PM. The amount and scale of his lying has been much more apparent in the last few years. The Jennifer Arcuri scandal struck me as blatant corruption. And the hypocrisy of Johnson kicking senior Conservative Party members out of the party for voting against his Brexit plan, after he voted against May's plan is shocking. There's no way in Hell I'll ever vote for Jeremy Corbyn and John MacDonnell. Their policies will bring the economy to its knees if theyíre enacted. If I was in a constituency with a tight race, Iíd probably hold my nose and vote Conservative. But since Iím not, Iím voting Liberal Democrat as the least bad choice.

Last edited by Wrenching Spanners; 12-11-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:29 PM

My seat was held by the SNP in 2017 by about 300 votes from the Tories. I'll be voting SNP.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:40 AM

Safe Tory seat held by a government minister.

Labour were second last time, but have picked a total non-entity as candidate, whose only stated policy position is on an issue that barely affects the constituency at all, and who the party have not bothered to back with any actual campaigning (literally not seen a single leaflet, poster, or sign - I only know who the candidate is because I looked her up on the net and even then there was virtually no information to be found).

The Lib Dems, who were a distant third last time, have made an effort, and their candidate has published positions on a wide range of issues, so I'll be voting for her.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:45 AM

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the Corbynite entryists to the local Labour Party have spent a great deal of effort purging the insufficiently sycophantic, only to discover that they've driven out the people who did all the actual campaigning last time.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Heh, now you know where I live! I reckon you've done miles better with your SNP candidate, if I'm guessing correctly. His farewell speech at the European Parliament was really good, really quite moving to be honest.
That's the one! Per the classic Chewin' The Fat classification scheme he is Good Guy, not Wank.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:30 AM

Quote:
He said he knew he'd be getting anti-Tory rather than pro-SNP votes and if elected wouldn't pretend it was a call for independence now. I actually believe him personally, but he's got party colleagues and a party leader who will take a different approach.
Yeah, Scotland not being independent will suit Smith very well if he gets into Westminster. I'm not sure why you think Sturgeon will interpret your vote as being pro-independence; the SNP have won the last 5 elections under her and she continues to act like she doesn't really want independence either.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:35 AM

Quote:
... a blue-faced full-throated yell for independence.
With a Prime Minister being openly racist in order to appeal to the sort of people who not only watch the queen's speech on Christmas Day but angrily stand to attention for it, I'm not sure why you feel the need to use patronising, othering cliche to characterise the progressive, inclusive, pro-EU independence movement.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the Corbynite entryists to the local Labour Party have spent a great deal of effort purging the insufficiently sycophantic
Do you mean the people who supported the Iraq war?
Old 12-12-2019, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stafford Cripps View Post
Yeah, Scotland not being independent will suit Smith very well if he gets into Westminster. I'm not sure why you think Sturgeon will interpret your vote as being pro-independence; the SNP have won the last 5 elections under her and she continues to act like she doesn't really want independence either.
If the SNP do well and pick up 8-10 Tory seats, there's no doubt that Sturgeon will claim this as support for her party's primary reason for existence. Even if only for purely cynical survival reasons, because the "Independence NOW!" faction in her party will need some red meat. Much as I personally would appreciate it, she couldn't respond to that kind of success with a milquetoast "I respect that for many this was an anti-Tory vote and we will continue to work to convince people of the case for independence over the next few years" speech.

If we end up with a hung parliament and a bigger SNP holding some strong cards then she will be practically forced to demand the next IndyRef. A Tory majority alongside a stronger SNP also forces a "Scotland wants one thing, England another, we need Independence" response.

Much as I appreciate the notion that it's all a grift and that calling for independence is far preferable to actually getting it, I don't think it's true. I do think that Sturgeon would rather not hold a referendum until she was sure of getting more than 55%, but I don't think that's a luxury she has.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
... the "Independence NOW!" faction in her party will need some red meat
Again, why such colourful language? In my opinion, Brexit is going to do actual harm to the people of Scotland, on top of the country being impoverished by years of unnecessary ideologically-driven austerity which came on top of the squandering of Scotland's oil revenues (even if these had been shared with the rest of the UK, we'd be in a much better place now if they'd been invested the way Norway did).

The majority of Scots votes against all of this. There is no reason why Scotland can't be a successful prosperous small member of EFTA or the EU like all of its neighbours, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Finland - if you think that the Scottish economy is too fucked for it to be like those countries then you have to questions to answer on UK economic policy.

The longer we endure a situation where people like Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Gove and Cummings have more say on what happens in Scotland than Scottish voters do, the more irreparable damage will be done. So in my opinion, depicting the independence movement as being less rational and pragmatic than any of the alternatives is not justified.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
With a Prime Minister being openly racist in order to appeal to the sort of people who not only watch the queen's speech on Christmas Day but angrily stand to attention for it, I'm not sure why you feel the need to use patronising, othering cliche to characterise the progressive, inclusive, pro-EU independence movement.
I've already said that I'm going to vote for a party whose fundamental political aims I disagree with just to keep the Tories out. I'd have thought that pegged the number of lectures I need about how fucking awful Johnson and his party are at zero, but apparently not.

Edited to add - if you want a separate thread on Independence, start one and I'll join it.

Last edited by Stanislaus; 12-12-2019 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
I've already said that I'm going to vote for a party whose fundamental political aims I disagree with just to keep the Tories out. I'd have thought that pegged the number of lectures I need about how fucking awful Johnson and his party are at zero, but apparently not.

Edited to add - if you want a separate thread on Independence, start one and I'll join it.
If you don't want people with views different from yours to explain those views, don't refer to them using patronising language that verges on xenophobia.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
If you don't want people with views different from yours to explain those views, don't refer to them using patronising language that verges on xenophobia.
Hahahaha!

Xenophobia is it? In a minute, when the penny drops, will we move on to "self-hating"?

The SNP is not Scotland. It's membership are not the totality of the people of Scotland. Criticising them is not synonymous with criticising the nation.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Hahahaha!

Xenophobia is it? In a minute, when the penny drops, will we move on to "self-hating"?

The SNP is not Scotland. It's membership are not the totality of the people of Scotland. Criticising them is not synonymous with criticising the nation.
I hope you don't get hay fever from those straw men.

Refusing to understand that many people in Scotland do not like being stereotyped with othering Braveheart cliches? Whatever, mate.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I hope you don't get hay fever from those straw men.

Refusing to understand that many people in Scotland do not like being stereotyped with othering Braveheart cliches? Whatever, mate.
Sure, many people don't. And others paint their face blue and march (all) under Independence Now banners while yelling support for their cause.

And for the avoidance of doubt - this is all fine. It's great that SNP members want to do this. People should be passionate about their cause. They should paint their face to get a striking picture on a front page. Wave their banners high. What they shouldn't do is get all humpty when people accurately note that this what some SNP supporters actually do. Still less should other people do it on their behalf.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:28 AM

I'm pretty sure that there as many unionists at Murrayfield with blue painted faces as there are on an AUOB march, if not more. And do you really think that the SNP comprises the entire independence movement?
Old 12-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

The Moderator Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in Qatar View Post
Time to vote.

(Wonderful... there is no way to edit "Labout." Can a Mod help?)
Gotcha covered, Paul.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:04 AM

News from the real world: with a heavy heart, but cheered by the thought that there is no prospect at all of an outright win, I voted Labour. Antisemitism, Corbyn and all. I feel dirty.

I'm a left-leaning centrist (or of the centre leaning left, if you prefer). The thing that has so dismayed me over the last few years is that whilst the two major parties have flung themselves to the far right and left, the centrist parties have achieved nothing. It's a sad reflection of society. If I had voted Liberal Democrat in this constituency it would have been a wasted vote. Fingers crossed for a hung parliament as the least bad option.

The weather here is dreadful - which is supposed to keep elderly conservatives at home and far from the polling stations. Yeah, fingers crossed.

j
Old 12-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
Gotcha covered, Paul.
But what if someone honestly intended to vote for Labout? Isn't changing the title now kind of like changing text in a quote box?

I kid, I kid. In my pretend UK life, I live in a strongly Pro-Remain area, so my vote for the LibDems is not at all a throwaway. I would have, if necessary, voted Laboutr if necessary to prevent a Conservative win.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
But what if someone honestly intended to vote for Labout? Isn't changing the title now kind of like changing text in a quote box?
Something like this actually affected a UK general election a while back, 2005 perhaps. One of the many joke candidates, who normally never get into 4 figures, gave their party as "The Literal Democrats". I think their surname meant they appeared at the top of the ballot paper for that constituency. They ended up getting over 10,000 votes. The Liberal Democrat candidate got around 10,000 votes, while the Tory got something like 17,000. It was clear that most people intended to vote Liberal Democrat, but half of them voted for the Literal Democrat by mistake. Incredibly galling for the Lib Dem, but the result stood.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
Gotcha covered, Paul.
Very kind of you.

Off topic: I have been hanging out on other parts of the internet of late. I always return here for the good moderation and good conversation.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:25 AM

Well, that's the deed done. I don't think I've ever voted in the pitch-dark before.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Well, that's the deed done. I don't think I've ever voted in the pitch-dark before.
Would you like some Cohen with that?

It's written in the scriptures
And it's not some idle claim

You want it darker
We kill the flame

Last edited by gracer; 12-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Voted Labour, as usual. Corbyn for life. I don't agree with all of his policies, and I'm very pro-Brexit, but none of that comes close to out-weighing the disastrous record and policies of the Tories.

Lots of Labour people about in these parts, banging on doors and suchlike. Some kid knocked on my door after it got dark to ask if I'd voted yet.You'd think everyone around here was Labour, even though it's a moderately safe Tory seat. The Tory is some junior minister, probably doesn't even know where the constituency is, and the LibDems sent a leaflet.

The Tory lead nationally has been slipping. There have been some recent scandals. The boy on the coats. The fridge incident. So I want to predict a non-Tory victory, resulting in the LibDems teaming up with the Tories once again, given that their leader explicitly ruled out a coalition with Labour.