Labour 18 40.91%
Conservatives 6 13.64%
Liberal-Democrats 15 34.09%
Minor/Regional Parties 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindboyard View Post
So I want to predict a non-Tory victory, resulting in the LibDems teaming up with the Tories once again, given that their leader explicitly ruled out a coalition with Labour.
That would be quite an outcome. Neither the Tories nor the LDs are going to shift their Brexit position, so I very much doubt it can happen. If the Tories fail to get a working majority they’re toast - there’s no party left to trust them in coalition (unless the Brexit Party manage a gain some seats, which is unlikely given their poor strategic choices). More likely is the often touted ‘unity’ coalition, but I only see that as a possibility if Corbyn steps aside. The most likely outcome of a hung parliament this time is another election, but unless there’s some major changes in the leadership of either or both major parties I don’t see how that will have a different outcome.

We really do need to move away from our first past the post system (I’d prefer something like single transferable vote).

OB
Old 12-12-2019, 04:40 PM

So, against my better judgement, I decided to vote Labour for tactical reasons (like quite a few UK Dopers it would seem). Under different circumstances I’d have voted Lib Dem.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Well, the results are in. We cannot say the people wanted to overturn Brexit. (sigh)
Do you know a child in need?
Old 12-13-2019, 08:16 AM

SNP for me. I'm an SNP member and supporter of Scottish Independence, and in the enviable position of having an MP who has done (in my opinion) a fantastic job. She is, of course, still my MP this morning, with a significantly increased majority.