Old 12-19-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
This isn't a thing that regularly happens. If ever. Loyalist monuments are not common sights. I live in a city of 200,000 people and cannot tell you where our Loyalist monuments are or if we have any. Hell, I used to live in KINGSTON, and offhand cannot remember where the loyalist monuments are, and that's in a city with a high school called "Loyalist." Maybe that counts as a monument.
Fair enough, I'd heard that there were quite a few monuments honouring Loyalists but maybe there aren't that many. Still, the Loyalists did play an important role in the founding of English-speaking Canada, and they helped define the nation's values.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:20 PM
Charter Member

We have a Loyalist monument on the grounds of the Saskatchewan Legislature. Every July 1, there’s some Loyalist descendants walking around Wascana Park in period costumes (late 18th century).
Old 12-20-2019, 04:01 AM
Charter Member

I resent the mocking "Yawn!" in the thread title. Canadian politics isn't boring, it's sane and rational and bound to the principles of responsible government and [falls asleep]
Old 12-20-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
I resent the mocking "Yawn!" in the thread title. Canadian politics isn't boring, it's sane and rational and bound to the principles of responsible government and [falls asleep]
LOL

You win the Internet for the day.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:01 PM

Paul Wells Law suggests Canadian politics always gravitates to the least exciting outcome. However, the upcoming Conservative leadership debates will seriously challenge this notion. Seriously. It will be decided by whichever contender can get the least amount of foot inside the mouth, in the least time.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:55 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Isn't that kind of the least exciting outcome?

The MOST exciting outcome would be someone like Doug Ford, who can taste his own foot jam 24/7.

The Conservatives would be well advised to nominate someone competent, like Rona Ambrose or John Baird, no matter what they believe. Instead they'll probably Sam Oosterhoff, that little turd from Niagara Falls.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Isn't that kind of the least exciting outcome?

The MOST exciting outcome would be someone like Doug Ford, who can taste his own foot jam 24/7.

The Conservatives would be well advised to nominate someone competent, like Rona Ambrose or John Baird, no matter what they believe. Instead they'll probably Sam Oosterhoff, that little turd from Niagara Falls.
Huh, I wondered what that ratfuck Baird was up to recently. His last "private sector" entry on wikipedia mentions he went on Saudi Arabia television last year and "urged Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to fly to Riyadh to apologize in person to the Saudi royal family." I'm sure that won't hurt him in in the Conservative leadership race but sweet jesus that's a poison pill for the federal election.

Last edited by CarnalK; 12-20-2019 at 07:50 PM.