Old 01-04-2020, 07:24 PM

Trump Dynasty!

Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump seem surprisingly popular with the Republican base. Supposedly, 26-30% of Republicans support the idea of another Trump in 2024. This exceeds fairly good candidates like Nikki Haley. Mike Pompeo scored lower, but I was impressed at his recent performance singing Pomp-ey-o on the Colbert Report.

Just wondering what people see as Donald Trump Jr.’s best qualities. I can see Ivanka having a Sarah Palinesque appeal.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Paprika View Post
Just wondering what people see as Donald Trump Jr.’s best qualities. ...
So far as I know he hasn't been accused of being a serial killer.

Of humans, I mean.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:33 PM

If you're a republican in congress or governor it must irk that the base want another person who has never held any public office to lead the party. Especially as a result of nepotism which Jr and Ivanka are the epitome of.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:46 PM

Ivanka can't run in 2024; the public will still be too sour on her father's legacy. Maybe after Donald Trump himself has passed away first and Ivanka has built a reputation of her own. Or perhaps 2028 at the earliest, if her father is defeated in 2020.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:52 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Ivanka can't run in 2024; the public will still be too sour on her father's legacy.
With enough voter suppression, disenfranchisement, and proprietary opaque vote-counting, Ivanka could easily win at any time. Especially after the declaration of Martial Law and detention of Democrats.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:26 AM

Ivanka's brand of, "Feckless Cunt", has become inextricable. She will never live it down. I've little doubt she can't wait to vanish from public life.

Eric and Jr., like the father, are not fit to shovel shit from one place to another.

Criminal indictments will come and they will spend the rest of their worthless lives trying to stay out of prison.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:29 AM

So Mango Mussolini wants to start a crime family. Isn't his Mafia name Donnie Two Scoops? I guess Junior could become Don Don.

Maybe Ivanka should change her name to Natasha. More in line with Russia.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioRico View Post
With enough voter suppression, disenfranchisement, and proprietary opaque vote-counting, Ivanka could easily win at any time. Especially after the declaration of Martial Law and detention of Democrats.
With this sort of dismissive hand-waving logic, why wouldn't we just consider Donald Trump himself a shoo-in for reelection in 2020 and be done with it?
Old 01-05-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump seem surprisingly popular with the Republican base. Supposedly, 26-30% of Republicans support the idea of another Trump in 2024. This exceeds fairly good candidates like Nikki Haley. Mike Pompeo scored lower, but I was impressed at his recent performance singing Pomp-ey-o on the Colbert Report.

Just wondering what people see as Donald Trump Jr.’s best qualities. I can see Ivanka having a Sarah Palinesque appeal.
Don Jr. is a loudmouth, blithering dunderhead and bully, very much in the same mold as his father.

Ivanka comes across a something of a more aware person although she is just as corrupt, entitled and selfish as the rest of the family. But she is a female, so that rules out a large part of the base accepting her.

It seems obvious, at least to me, the Trumpists would love Don Jr. and flock to him like flies flock to a big steaming turd.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak of Twilo View Post
But she is a female, so that rules out a large part of the base accepting her.
I don't get that impression from the Trump voters I see on Facebook. They think that Ivanka becoming the 1st woman president would be the ultimate "troll the libs" moment.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:28 PM

Tiffany can run in 2028 , she finishes Georgetown law this spring. She has 1 good quality, she seems to dislike her father. There was a video where he tried to kiss her and she clearly did not want that.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
With this sort of dismissive hand-waving logic, why wouldn't we just consider Donald Trump himself a shoo-in for reelection in 2020 and be done with it?
Just be optimistic. Hope things proceed without catastrophe. Pray for normality.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:06 PM

Ivanka unnecessarily adds big words of questionable relevance to her sentences to try to prove that she’s the “smart one.” When I think of her, I think of her answer to a question about her role in the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by White House advisor Ivanka Trump
I have a plethora of jobs
She’s a moron, but a pretentious one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ndJqZ8Ags

And she’s not going to pose nude, which is what a lot of her fans want.

I just don’t think Ivanka would be able to garner the votes.

Last edited by Moriarty; 01-05-2020 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
Tiffany can run in 2028 , she finishes Georgetown law this spring. She has 1 good quality, she seems to dislike her father. There was a video where he tried to kiss her and she clearly did not want that.
I remember a 'Ted Cruz tries to kiss his daughter and she flinches away' video*, but I don't recall a 'Donald and Tiffany' version.

?

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplpSfaouP8
Old 01-05-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
Ivanka unnecessarily adds big words of questionable relevance to her sentences to try to prove that she’s the “smart one.”
She is the 'smart one'...it's just that her father and brothers have set the bar so low that the fact that she can string together two full sentences without outside help qualifies her.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
I remember a 'Ted Cruz tries to kiss his daughter and she flinches away' video*, but I don't recall a 'Donald and Tiffany' version.

?

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplpSfaouP8
Here’s Tiffany:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...er-debate/amp/
Old 01-06-2020, 07:16 AM

Tiffany is probably OK since she grew up in California away from Trump.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:57 AM

Recall a video doing the rounds in 2016 of Trump talking about Tiffany's legs and breasts ... she was a toddler at the time.

I think the Access Hollywood tape came out shortly after so the perverted comments about his own daughter went under the radar.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:24 AM

and he said he would date Ivanka if she was not his daughter.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Oh, thanks. I'd forgotten that.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:41 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
and he said he would date Ivanka if she was not his daughter.
She was 15 then IIRC. Who believes that a middle-aged playboy with numerous wives and affairs means "ice cream socials" when he says "date"?

This POTUS said he wanted to fuck his underage daughter. And his supporters are okay with that, as well as his "good Nazis" and "Confiscate guns now; due process later." I have reason to doubt their cerebral function.

Last edited by RioRico; 01-07-2020 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Neither has a hope in hell, because neither has the weird charisma of their father. Ivanka is cold and wooden, and Don Jr. is basically Butt-Head in real life; he is abysmally stupid and hasn't got the skill with people his father does.

Their poll numbers are entirely because of Donald Trump, and once he's out of the way the public will lose interest in them. They're like Jeb Bush but worse. Say what you will about Donnie Two Scoops, but he's got a charisma and knows how to get the droolers to love him. His kids don't.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Neither has a hope in hell, because neither has the weird charisma of their father. Ivanka is cold and wooden, and Don Jr. is basically Butt-Head in real life; he is abysmally stupid and hasn't got the skill with people his father does.

Their poll numbers are entirely because of Donald Trump, and once he's out of the way the public will lose interest in them. They're like Jeb Bush but worse. Say what you will about Donnie Two Scoops, but he's got a charisma and knows how to get the droolers to love him. His kids don't.

You say that, but then I see things like a post I just saw on Facebook - from a Canadian source, no less! - which proposes exactly this, having Ivanka run in 2024, as what they seem to think is a reasonable suggestion.

Hell, one guy even commented that he hopes Don, Jr. "runs as a Democrat, so we'd have two good options!"

I'm sure some of that is just astroturfing, but it can't all be astroturfing. There is an actual constituency out there for this nonsense.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:53 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
You say that, but then I see things like a post I just saw on Facebook - from a Canadian source, no less! - which proposes exactly this, having Ivanka run in 2024, as what they seem to think is a reasonable suggestion.
It takes one person to suggest she run. It will take millions for them to get the nomination and seventy million or so to win.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump seem surprisingly popular with the Republican base. Supposedly, 26-30% of Republicans support the idea of another Trump in 2024.
I never thought I'd say this, but Donald Sr. comes off as the smartest one in this bunch.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
It takes one person to suggest she run. It will take millions for them to get the nomination and seventy million or so to win.

Yes, but it's right there in the OP: "Supposedly, 26-30% of Republicans support the idea of another Trump in 2024." That is millions, right there. My anecdote just suggests that this number is possibly real, contrary to your "Neither has a hope in hell" assessment.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:21 PM

I wonder who thought Ivanka giving a keynote at a tech conference was a good idea? Her father is the only one I can think of.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...logy-las-vegas
Old 01-07-2020, 06:43 PM

Here's the actual cite since I don't see that it has been posted yet:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/curiosi...vote-poll-gop/
Old 01-08-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Ivanka's brand of, "Feckless Cunt", has become inextricable. She will never live it down. I've little doubt she can't wait to vanish from public life.

Eric and Jr., like the father, are not fit to shovel shit from one place to another.

Criminal indictments will come and they will spend the rest of their worthless lives trying to stay out of prison.
Since when could we start using the word cunt to describe women we don't like?
Old 01-08-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Since when could we start using the word cunt to describe women we don't like?
Pretty much forever.