Old 01-06-2020, 07:46 PM

Trump is the Antichrist to some people, and it's okay with them

In the Pit CalMeacham posted this quote:

Quote:

The Washington Post has reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was the main force that pushed Trump into assassinating Iranian Major General Soleimani. Pompeo, according to a New York Times reporter, had a fixation with a bible passage about Queen Esther protecting Israel from Iran. Pompeo’s extreme hostility towards Iran is motivated by his extreme religious beliefs.

www.nytimes.com/...

In November, Mr. Pompeo told a reporter for The New York Times Magazine that the Bible “informs everything I do.” The reporter noticed an open Bible in his office, with a Swiss Army knife marking his place at the end of the book of Queen Esther.

Mike Pompeo is a conservative evangelical Christian who believes in the rapture and that God is working through Trump and himself.

Both Mike Pompeo and Mike Pence who have pushed Trump towards aggressive action towards Iran believe that there is a battle between good and evil that will end with “the Rapture”. A key belief of the evangelical Christian extremists is the establishment of a “greater Israel” before the end of days.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...paign=trending

Coincidentally, I've been reading up on Christian Eschatology, the beliefs of some about the end of the world, and had seen "signs" that could be force fitted into fulfillment of prophecy. (Y'know, kids, it doesn't count as a proper prediction if you make it happen.) These Premillenialists feel we are in the Great Tribulation and Trump is the instrument through which God will destroy three quarters of humanity. In other words, the Antichrist.

In 1947, Bishop Fulton Sheen said of the Antichrist
Quote:
The Antichrist will not be so called; otherwise he would have no followers... he will come disguised as the Great Humanitarian; he will talk peace, prosperity and plenty not as means to lead us to God, but as ends in themselves... He will tempt Christians with the same three temptations with which he tempted Christ... He will have one great secret which he will tell to no one: he will not believe in God. Because his religion will be brotherhood without the fatherhood of God, he will deceive even the elect. He will set up a counterchurch... It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the Antichrist that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ."
Https://books.google.com/books?id=ysKEnQEACAAJ

I don't believe in this stuff; the problem is people who do. But what are your thoughts?
Old 01-06-2020, 07:58 PM

I don't think Trump is the AntiChrist because the AntiChrist will likely be someone far more competent and capable than Trump. As a pastor put it many years ago, "The AntiChrist will make Hitler look like a choir boy in comparison." The AntiChrist will probably be someone 100x more competent, cunning, powerful and winsome than Trump ever is or could be.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:47 PM

And I looked and yet another horseman, though he was riding an elephant. And he was orange of flesh, with a punchable face, and his hair was not his hair but the scat of worms. And a sharpie was in his his hand, and he spoke with the voice of an angry toddler saying, "Worship me, for no greater man has ever lived. Bow down before me. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

And despair raced over the land, for he was a lying, incompetent fuck. Even his servants were getting sick of his shit.

And the people wailed onto the Lord that the world must end by such an unworthy one.

And the Lord said to them, "Even as a serpent brought sin into the world, so a shit-spewing snake must take it out."

And the Lord laughed His Ass off as the people wept. Blessed be the Ass of the Lord.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:54 PM

Well, that's what YOU say Velocity, but I'd like to hear from someone less dismissive than you or I. Someone who believes Trump possesses those qualities.

Last edited by dropzone; 01-06-2020 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Here's the problem with trying to second guess the Second Coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 24:36-39
But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,[a] but the Father only. 37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Pompeo and Pence may think they have the end time worked out but God most likely has other plans.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:00 PM

I believe Trump is a antichrist (there is no 'the antichrist', it's more of a generic term), possible a Nephilim (thus has power over others) and a very evil one at that, and perhaps the first beast as described in revelation. Unquestinable satanic and for whatever reason God has allowed him to rule for this time via deception, and since he lies like a rug and can't believe a word he says, everything he says and does is deception.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:03 PM

Lovely, Two Many Cats, but I'm thinking more the Abomination of Desolation..

But I'm trying to keep this a serious thread because serious people are doing serious things..
Old 01-06-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Clark View Post
Here's the problem with trying to second guess the Second Coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 24:36-39
But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,[a] but the Father only. 37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Pompeo and Pence may think they have the end time worked out but God most likely has other plans.
But the Father can reveal it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 2:22
He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
And in your above Matthew quote the Father did reveal it, to Noah. So if Jesus said it will be like the days of Noah, we can expect revelation to at least one person.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post

But I'm trying to keep this a serious thread because serious people are doing serious things..
"...Always look on the bright side of life...
...Deedo,...deedo, deedo, deedo..."
Old 01-06-2020, 09:30 PM

Won't Pompeo and Pence's faces be red if The End doesn't arrive soon! I guess they'll have to convince this POTUS to issue the launch orders. "Go ahead Donny (I mean Mister President) - Gawd Almighty tells me everything will go just fine after you nuke Tehran, Constantinople (I mean Istanbul), Pyongyang, Peking (I mean Beijing), Paris, Ottawa, and San Francisco. We'll spare Australia - don't want to hurt those kangaroos, do we now?"

When a believer has access to The Button, we're fucked.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:02 PM

Sorry for my glibness, but having lived through the Jehovah's Witness Armageddon Debacle of 1975, I find it impossible to take these things seriously.

So when thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iranians are lying dead, Pompeo and Pence are going to look stupider than ever when the rapture DOESN'T happen.

And maybe, please whatever god there may be, politicians, especially Republicans, will stop kissing the asses of the Evangelicals.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:24 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Many Cats View Post
Sorry for my glibness, but having lived through the Jehovah's Witness Armageddon Debacle of 1975, I find it impossible to take these things seriously.

So when thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iranians are lying dead, Pompeo and Pence are going to look stupider than ever when the rapture DOESN'T happen.

And maybe, please whatever god there may be, politicians, especially Republicans, will stop kissing the asses of the Evangelicals.
Fat chance.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:08 PM

Is it just me, or is it getting harder to tell Pence/Pompeo and ISIS apart? Their goals are certainly similar.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
This kind of thing has happened before.

A lot of Biblical scholars realized that their interpretation of Daniel and Revelation was wrong when the Soviet Union collapsed.

I don't think Dumpster is THE Antichrist. It's really obvious that he's evil.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:35 AM
Charter Member

I've been a born-again Christian since the fall of 1970, back in the "Late Great Planet Earth" days.

Needless to say, I've seen prospective End Times come and go. After awhile, if you've got a functioning brain, you look and see all those other times that were supposedly about to be the End Times, and you think, "there's nothing particularly special about this time either, why would anyone who's been around the block a couple of times believe that this time is really going to be the End Times?"

Mike Pompeo is 56 years old. That's a bit too old for falling for this shit. He shouldn't be trusted with the car keys, let alone have a substantial role in government.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
And I looked and yet another horseman, though he was riding an elephant. And he was orange of flesh, with a punchable face, and his hair was not his hair but the scat of worms. And a sharpie was in his his hand, and he spoke with the voice of an angry toddler saying, "Worship me, for no greater man has ever lived. Bow down before me. Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

And despair raced over the land, for he was a lying, incompetent fuck. Even his servants were getting sick of his shit.

And the people wailed onto the Lord that the world must end by such an unworthy one.

And the Lord said to them, "Even as a serpent brought sin into the world, so a shit-spewing snake must take it out."

And the Lord laughed His Ass off as the people wept. Blessed be the Ass of the Lord.
Well done!
Old 01-07-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
In 1947, Bishop Fulton Sheen said of the Antichrist

Quote:
...He will set up a counterchurch... It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the Antichrist that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ."
I don't believe in this stuff; the problem is people who do. But what are your thoughts?

I don't believe in this either, but I'll be damned if I could come up with a better description of "Prosperity Gospel" than the above. I'm an atheist, and even I consider this crap to be blasphemous. If it turns out I'm wrong about all this God Stuff, I'm absolutely sure all these fuckers will be burning in hell right beside me.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I don't think Trump is the AntiChrist because the AntiChrist will likely be someone far more competent and capable than Trump. As a pastor put it many years ago, "The AntiChrist will make Hitler look like a choir boy in comparison." The AntiChrist will probably be someone 100x more competent, cunning, powerful and winsome than Trump ever is or could be.
The banality of evil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eichmann_in_Jerusalem
Old 01-07-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
This is exactly what a true evil mastermind would want you to think.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:31 AM

What evidence do you have that either Pompeo's or Pence's beliefs on the end times are affecting their policy beliefs and actions at all? This is just a crazy conspiracy theory.

How is pushing for the assassination of Iran's chief terrorist leader going to cause to the establishment of Greater Israel?

Who are these Premillienialists who think that Trump is the anti-Christ? I have read the late great planet earth, and seen both "A Thief in the Night" and "Left Behind". Trump is the opposite of what those works and those behind them thought the anti-Christ was going to be like. Given what happens to the followers of the anti Christ, no one who thought Trump was the anti Christ would follow him.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Pompeo, according to a New York Times reporter, had a fixation with a bible passage about Queen Esther protecting Israel from Iran. Pompeo’s extreme hostility towards Iran is motivated by his extreme religious beliefs.

www.nytimes.com/...

In November, Mr. Pompeo told a reporter for The New York Times Magazine that the Bible “informs everything I do.” The reporter noticed an open Bible in his office, with a Swiss Army knife marking his place at the end of the book of Queen Esther.
Do you have a better cite for this? Specifically that Pompeo had the Iranian terrorist general whacked because of a passage in the book of Esther.

Which passage, and where did Pompeo mention his fixation on it?

Also that Pompeo's hostility to Iran is motivated by his religion, rather than by Iran's killing Americans, being the leading state sponsor of terrorism, chanting "death to America", etc.

I am reluctant to take the word of a New York Times reporter based on his allegedly seeing a Swiss Army knife in a Bible.
Quote:
These Premillenialists feel we are in the Great Tribulation and Trump is the instrument through which God will destroy three quarters of humanity. In other words, the Antichrist.
Also some quotes for this. Who are these Pre-millenialists, and where have they stated that Trump is the anti-Christ and that they are OK with it?

TIA.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
I don't think Dumpster is THE Antichrist. It's really obvious that he's evil.
1 John 2:18:
Quote:
Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.
Besides being the first recorded instance of Endtimes Fail , John implies that while there may be just one 'the' Antichrist, there are many 'an' Antichrists. Cantaloupe Caligula might be just one of many Antichrists.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:

most accurate post so far
Old 01-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanicbird View Post
But the Father can reveal it:

And in your above Matthew quote the Father did reveal it, to Noah. So if Jesus said it will be like the days of Noah, we can expect revelation to at least one person.
And why did the Father reveal to Noah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 6:9
Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Want to make the same claim about Pence and Pompeo?
Old 01-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Trump isn't the Antichrist because there is no such thing. It's a ridiculous fairy tale.

The problem as described in the OP is not whether or not he's the Antichrist, it's that superstitious maniacs like Mike Pompeo think he is.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind, though, the AntiChrist only needs to be smart and competent enough to fool evangelicals. Trump has pulled that off without even breaking a sweat.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
The problem as described in the OP is not whether or not he's the Antichrist, it's that superstitious maniacs like Mike Pompeo think he is.
Do you have a cite that Mike Pompeo thinks that Trump is the anti-Christ?

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-07-2020, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
I've been a born-again Christian since the fall of 1970, back in the "Late Great Planet Earth" days.

Needless to say, I've seen prospective End Times come and go. After awhile, if you've got a functioning brain, you look and see all those other times that were supposedly about to be the End Times, and you think, "there's nothing particularly special about this time either, why would anyone who's been around the block a couple of times believe that this time is really going to be the End Times?"

Mike Pompeo is 56 years old. That's a bit too old for falling for this shit. He shouldn't be trusted with the car keys, let alone have a substantial role in government.
No fooling. The only way to believe is to have no sense of perspective at all. There have been so many predictions of the end of the world that I've toyed with the idea of a library of the apocalypse. Because up until recently, everyone who wanted their prediction to be taken seriously wrote a book about it. I've found lists of such books online. I think if I ever won a big lottery, I'd take a shot at collecting them all. Well, pay someone to take a shot at it.

Until then, Wikipedia has a list of predictions. My favorite on the list is Cotton Mather, mostly because he had to reset the date twice and wasn't afraid to do that.

Quote:
1736 - Cotton Mather's third and final prediction for the end of the world.
He died in 1728. I'd like to think that if he'd lived another ten years, he'd have made a fourth prediction.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

Christopher Hitchens had some thoughts on the religious desire for Armageddon worth noting, I suggest.

Last edited by Bryan Ekers; 01-07-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Trump is not the Antichrist.
Neither is he Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, not the Easter Bunny.
He is not a golem nor a djinn.
Because none of these things are real.

Trump is real - one of the finest con-artists the world has ever seen.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Trump isn't the Antichrist because there is no such thing. It's a ridiculous fairy tale.
You do know that Antichrist is defined in the Bible:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Seems like it is very much a thing, and one or two might even see one here in this thread
Old 01-07-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
And why did the Father reveal to Noah?
The Father revealed things to Pharaoh, Also the Lord revealed things to Paul when he was Saul who persecuted christians. Through Daniel and Daniels request to do so, God also revealed things to Nebuchadnezzar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps 115:3
Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
Basically it's up to God if, who and when He reveals things.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I have bad news for you, its all untrue, and there's no such thing as Skymen, good or bad.

Were just highly evolved monkeys, sitting on an insignificant planet, a planet that we seem to be intent on destroying,

Last edited by Hillmanhunter1; 01-07-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly

Do you have a cite that Mike Pompeo believes that Trump is the anti-Christ, or that he believes that we are currently in the End Times?

Or that he had the Iranian general whacked because of a Swiss Army knife pointing to the book of Esther, or pretty much anything else claimed in the thread.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-07-2020, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Do you have a cite that Mike Pompeo believes that Trump is the anti-Christ, or that he believes that we are currently in the End Times?

Or that he had the Iranian general whacked because of a Swiss Army knife pointing to the book of Esther, or pretty much anything else claimed in the thread.

Regards,
Shodan
You are mostly asking me for cites for things that I haven't said.

Read what I've posted, figure out what cites might be required, then try again. But damned if I'm going to give you the time of day if you ask me for cites in support of half the posters in this thread.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

and

Seems like it is very much a thing, and one or two might even see one here in this thread
The problem, you might have noticed, is that that same passage (as I pointed out earlier) says, "even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour."

Was it the 'last hour'?
Old 01-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The problem, you might have noticed, is that that same passage (as I pointed out earlier) says, "even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour."

Was it the 'last hour'?
"At the tone, the time will be half-past the Antichrist. *beep*"
Old 01-07-2020, 03:51 PM

This is how shit get's distorted and blown out of proportion. I know Mike Pompeo and his wife personally. Have had them in my house for dinner. Mike and Susan are Christians (along with 70% of the rest of the country), but I in no way would characterize them as evangelical christians as described by the NYT.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

I know I prefer accounts of the Trump administration blown well within proportion, is all I can say.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:26 PM

Mike Pompeo, like John Bolton, aren't motivated by scripture or thoughts of the anti-Christ; they simply operate on the belief that American national interests can be secured with military force first and diplomatic finesse once the enemy has submitted. I think they fundamentally understand what makes the United States strong and how its ability to form alliances and project power (not just its raw economic and military might) has had a lot to do with what has made it powerful.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

What if the enemy doesn't submit?
Old 01-07-2020, 04:40 PM

I do wonder if that NYT reporter was reading way too much into the open Bible in Pompeo's office. Just because Pompeo happened to have the book open at Esther doesn't mean Esther and Iran and Trump, Soleimani, etc. were connected at all.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little View Post
This is how shit get's distorted and blown out of proportion. I know Mike Pompeo and his wife personally. Have had them in my house for dinner. Mike and Susan are Christians (along with 70% of the rest of the country), but I in no way would characterize them as evangelical christians as described by the NYT.
He attends an Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:

and

So all those things I've heard which imply that the antichrist is a single, specific person aren't in the bible after all, then.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillmanhunter1 View Post
I have bad news for you, its all untrue, and there's no such thing as Skymen, good or bad.

Were just highly evolved monkeys, sitting on an insignificant planet, a planet that we seem to be intent on destroying,
Peter warned me about this situation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Peter
3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?
Old 01-07-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Was it the 'last hour'?
As I see it yes. The last hour is for a group of people, not everyone, but every group of people will have a last hour. For God who is beyond time, it is one instance, for us in time it has happened and will happen.

Relate it to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 9:1
And he said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”
This would have to be true, and I believe we can see this happening in the following as Stephen was being stoned, he did not taste death and saw the kingdom of God coming with power, while Stephen was not present when Jesus said that, the pattern is there that this happens on a ongoing basis (the first case in recorded in Genesis with Enoch):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acts 7:55
But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
So back to the end times, I believe there is a end times for a person or group of people (I have had dreams of those in Hitler's concentrations camps being 'raptured' many did not die at the hand of Hitler, as God took them before that.). It appears we may be at another end time. If so is Trump The Beast ? Not exactly, the Beast has been many things, from Trump to Hitler to Genghis Khan to others, but each may be an antichrist and once you realize 'the' antichrist (of your time) you also see the other antichrists thus the Beast. That is the last hour.

Last edited by kanicbird; 01-07-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushgeekgirl View Post
He attends an Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Eastminster Presbyterian Church in Wichita KS is not what most people would think of when you say evangelical. If you use that line of thought, all christians are evangelical.

Last edited by Omar Little; 01-07-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
What if the enemy doesn't submit?
I think that's a very good question.

In this particular case, I think it continues to escalate. Trump has to win this war -- he has to. He has no choice. If given the chance, he will keep fucking shit up until Iran is lifeless. Because he has to. If he loses, he's out of office, his boot lickers get sent home too. And he could very well go to jail. So, he has to win. At any cost.

But there's a lot of pain that can be inflicted in return. Iran is also fighting for its survival. They will scratch. They will claw. They will bite. They will kick us in the balls.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I think that's a very good question.

In this particular case, I think it continues to escalate. Trump has to win this war -- he has to. He has no choice. If given the chance, he will keep fucking shit up until Iran is lifeless. Because he has to. If he loses, he's out of office, his boot lickers get sent home too. And he could very well go to jail. So, he has to win. At any cost.

But there's a lot of pain that can be inflicted in return. Iran is also fighting for its survival. They will scratch. They will claw. They will bite. They will kick us in the balls.
No matter what, Iran has more to lose. The worst thing that could possibly happen to Trump is that he loses the election or gets removed from office. The U.S. will just plod on with a new administration. Its economy, military, everything is vastly larger than Iran's.

Iran on the other hand is already facing major economic contraction and its leaders would be in serious trouble - maybe life-threatening trouble - if they are perceived as weak on this.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
So all those things I've heard which imply that the antichrist is a single, specific person aren't in the bible after all, then.
Well, some Christian theological writings write about the difference between lowercase a and uppercase A's; that there are many antichrists (false teachers?) who will go about in the world, but that there also is one specific particular individual, who is THE Antichrist. That guy will be an uber-dictator type of person for a while.