Old 01-13-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
You didn't ask him for his opinion on the articles he'd posted. You asked him for his opinion on how to fight the white supremacy patriarchy.

It is reasonable for someone to assume that you were asking this question because you were looking for suggestions on how you can be an ally. It is also reasonable for someone to assume you were looking to start a discussion/debate/dialogue. I would say these assumptions are more reasonable than the assumption that someone asking your question just wants to listen silently and non-judgmentally. Most people don't listen silently and non-judgmentally to honest, raw opinions about anything, let alone racism. And Mark knows his. The problem seems to be that you don't seem to know this. Or maybe you do and you just don't understand why it matters.
I have come to the realization that (just about!) everything you say here is undoubtedly completely correct. I previously acknowledged your insight earlier but it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I can see now how my question could have been seen not as a open question on ways society or people in general can fight the patriarchy but as a more personally-oriented question about what can *I* do to be effective in this fight.

I also acknowledged the high likelihood that Mark's familiarity with me from all our other exchanges and discussions actually worked against me here by him knowing me to be such a "debater" and seeker of knowledge that he didn't trust my question to be one of simply desiring to hear and listen. I didn't have these realizations during any of the exchange with him, unfortunately. But it was in the course of all the conversation here, with insight from posters like you, that I did eventually realize the truth of these things.

The one *minor* issue I take with this post is your assertion at the top that I did not ask him about the shared post, but rather about fighting white supremacist patriarchy. Well, for one, the post itself was all about white supremacist patriarchy. And the post was drawn to an end by discussing how and why this evil empire would never cease to be unless and until it was destroyed. Then the post ended. It was almost as if one couldn't not continue on in their thoughts immediately to "how can it be destroyed?" So to say I wasn't asking him about his shared post is not really true. Yes, I was not asking him about the actual printed words that appeared on the text of the shared post. This I will agree with. But the substance of my question was undeniably and obviously that which was a product of reading and thinking about the words themselves.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAleq View Post
You seem to get really hung up on wanting to know what his opinion was of something he posted. I dunno, man, if I post something without a commentary that shows I'm not with the sentiments expressed in what I posted it means I'm on board with it. He posted something he agreed with and here you come asking what his "opinion" is of it. His opinion is that he agrees. Continued insistence that he engage with you to explain his opinion is something that I'd find pretty fucking annoying if someone did it to me, especially when I'm on my FB page with friends who at least ostensibly know enough about me to recognize what I think of things I post.
Well I will read and interpret this post charitably and just assume you have forgotten what the actual events being discussed in the OP actually are. One, I asked for an opinion to something which was not actually written or discussed in the text of the shared post. So there is not way his opinion of my question could have possibly been "he agrees with it", and not just because that is a nonsensical answer to my question but because it was a question to which there was no opinion to that question that could have been formed from the contents of the post alone. It was a logical followup question to everything that the post had lead up to yet had ended without actually addressing.

It ended by discussing the hows and whys the white supremacist patriarchy survived (graphic) and why it would continue to survive indefinitely unless and until it was destroyed. So one reading and thinking about this would almost automatically follow that line of thought to the question of "how can it be destroyed?" That is where my brain automatically went anyway. So I thought it as a straightforward question to a straightforward reading of his shared post when I asked what his opinions might be for any ways of fighting this patriarchy.

Yes, I understood him to be in agreement with the sentiments expressed in the post he shared. That didn't escape me. And also, I didn't continue to insist he give me his opinion. When he said what he said, I didn't continue to press for his opinion. The reason any discussion continued is because I was flabbergasted as to why he was giving me nothing when I had asked, *what I understood at the time* to be a straightforward question to an honest reading of a post which was of a subject matter he clearly felt was at least important enough to share with his 5000 other fb friends. I wasn't insisting on ANYTHING. I was more pleading for understanding.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Coincidentally, I just came across this excellent and relevant interview with Indian-American author Mira Jacob about her recent graphic-book memoir Good Talk about being non-white, and dealing with the complications of mixed-race families and friendships, in America:
Quote:
Mira Jacob I am seeing around me, as Iím sure you are, the performance of wokeness and the idea that being woke is a destination. It seems to me that some people think itís literally a plane trip and youíre in another land and then you are woke [...] I just find that such a load of shit. I think there is only ever waking, right? Thereís only ever going to be waking. There is not a moment in which youíre going to ever truly be woke,
Wow, that is so exactly spot-on . Thanks for that link.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
Well Im honestly shocked by this. What is your opinion on possible ways Trump can be removed from office before his term is up? How can I personally participate in removing Trump from office before his term is up? You see these as identical questions too?
If you asked them after I'd posted a FB rant about Trump? Yes, I would.

And don't be shocked. Be Humble.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
If you asked them after I'd posted a FB rant about Trump? Yes, I would.

And don't be shocked. Be Humble.
Im both. I remain shocked that the particular context that two questions may appear in can somehow render them absolutely identical questions despite those questions being constructed with quantifiably different predicates that rather significantly changes the scope and nature of those questions.

I've already acknowledged that the questions were not as distinct as i initially believed them to be and very likely my question to Mark was perceived as much more self-interested than i realized which definitely fed into his reaction and my subsequent failure to understand it. So I also am humbled. And shocked at your seeming inability to see *any* nuance of difference in the those two questions.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 01-14-2020 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
Simple. If people want discussion they will ask for it. Some FB groups specifically do NOT want any political discussions. For example if your on a FB group about people who like to camp, thats all its for. Discussions are allowed, but only for the topic. So for camping their could be a lively discussion over tents vs tarps but not one if someone tries injecting discussing something like social justice issues.

Now the OP in question, I dont know all the ins and outs but it may be his "friend" pretty much just wanted a mutual sounding board of like minded persons.

What the OP might do is look around or even start a FB group where blacks and whites could come together and share things.
Duly noted. Thank you.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Im both.
Naah, mate. If you were Humble, you'd have just done what you were asked. 6 pages on, I see absolutely zero humility on your part.

And nuance isn't a thing on Facebook. Or anywhere on the internet, for that matter.

Last edited by MrDibble; 01-14-2020 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Naah, mate. If you were Humble, you'd have just done what you were asked..
And what was i asked?
Old 01-14-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
And what was i asked?
You were told to go to Google. Instead of doing that, you came here to play self-defense attorney for umpity-ump pages.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
And what was i asked?
To use Google. I believe your specific phrasing was "Google is your friend".

The SDMB is not Google. I doubt very much a Google search for "how can white supremacist patriarchy be overcome?" would even have the SMDB on the first page (or wouldn't have before the robots hit my post).

Google would have pointed you at Coates and hooks, and not just given you the white liberal echo chamber you were clearly seeking by posting here.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
[...] the worthless drive by comments of people who had not interest in taking any part in the discussion at all, save for making random mean and intentionally derisive insults to me
It's clear that you're upset about those comments from the other FB posters, and of course we haven't seen them here so we don't know exactly what they were like, other than that they included "portrait of the white supremacist patriarchy" and being "willfully obtuse". But I'm not sure you should jump to the conclusion that the other posters were just being gratuitously mean to you.

As we've seen from numerous examples offered in this thread, some people do get sincerely and understandably exasperated when a white person jumps into an exchange about white-supremacist culture asking for attention to themselves and their naive-sounding questions. Expressing that exasperation, aka slapping down a (perceived) troll, may come across as somewhat abrasive but it's not necessarily "worthless" or "mean".

If you can't come out the other side of this experience of misunderstanding without needing to make somebody else the bad guy(s) who deserve(s) unqualified condemnation, you might be still letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro
to play self-defense attorney
Stealing.

Last edited by Kimstu; 01-14-2020 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
On Facebook I feel many people just like to post things and dont really want any discussion.
On the internet in general (including comment pages, web boards like this), I would say most people most of the time actually, post to hear themselves or express their oneness with the like minded or their moral superiority to the non-like minded. That would seem almost too obvious to say, and only differs specifically for FB to the extent FB is a hybrid between a method of communication for people who know one another IRL (like a group chat on a phone) and just 'the internet'. Which depends on the particular people and circumstances on FB, but it's mainly just 'the internet' IMO. So yeah, obviously you can't assume something said on FB is an invitation to a real discussion. A lot of people don't/can't really discuss things IRL, sloganeering and ever evolving goobly-gook jargon is all they've got.

So 'open minded' discussion on the internet, good luck (occasionally there is good luck, but not as a rule). The true point I've seen made on the thread though, as a tangent, is that it's annoying as member of X to be asked by workmates ('friends') to 'give X's viewpoint' on this or that. People go to work to make money to live, work their way up the chain, or just enjoy the work. Or OK some people go to work to socialize; it's sad IMO if you rely on work to have meaningful social interaction but I'm not trying to bust on people in unfortunate situations. However going to work to talk socio-politics I just can't endorse at all (though who among us has *never* fallen victim to it?). Whether it's 'race' or some somewhat less sensitive issue just don't bring it up at work is my advice (I mean on a social level, obviously companies have a responsibility to deal with workplace harassment issues, diversity policies, etc. related to group affiliation, that's part of 'work').

So there's nowhere to 'honestly' discuss it? For a lot of people, there probably isn't. That doesn't mean it's fair to complicate your coworkers' work lives by appointing them spokespeople for their group. If you have friends outside work close enough to discuss sensitive topics without risk to the friendship...not so common either I think, broadly speaking. And if you can find actually productive discussion of race on the internet, there you go, but I can't see being surprised that a particular discussion ended with a curt 'Google it'.

Last edited by Corry El; 01-14-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
No, that first one is exactly the hurt I'm talking about. But unlike you, I know it's not metaphorical.
And how are people dying from this?

Quote:
No, it's about constantly having to revisit trauma to educate White people. Or, apparently, Asian people. There's no need for the scare quotes around the word, the hurt is completely real. And kills.

I understand that it can be tough to have a conversation about race without your feelings spilling over. I have the same reaction when talking about racism against asians. But I generally don't direct my outrage at people who want to know more. I don't always feel equipped to make the case convincingly and it is more acceptable in society (and this board) to pick away at claims of anti-asian racism than just about any other form of racism or bigotry, but if I said, racism is your problem, YOU deal with it. People will justifiably just shrug their shoulders, assume my concerns are trivial and get on with their day. So if the current attitude towards anti-black racism is to tell white people that it's their problem and they should deal with it, I suspect you can expect a similar shrugging of shoulders.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:40 AM

---> The thread has doubled in size since I started typing this post, and I haven't read everything.

I am in a unique position. I am a mid thirties kinda small white guy, and I have a mid 40s super tall black sister. She runs in a mostly black community. I run in a mostly white community, because according to my sister, "Black folks are smarter than to live in such a cold damn place like your dumbass does." I've moved across the country and back for work, she has found success in the medical profession back home in Texas.

Anyhow, I asked my sis about your post and emailed it to her. This was her reply:

"Fuck that mother fucker. Not the Ambivalid guy, but the black dude. Fuck that self righteous piece of shit. You don't bite hands that offer help, and you don't shit on people that want to understand your personal struggle and to assist in some way. I can say from my experience as a black woman that his shit attitude does not help my cause at all. Not only am I black, I am a woman. People have been shitting on my gender a lot longer than the color of my skin. Both are huge problems in my life, but he just made me look like an ass as a black person because of his flippant attitude. I get his attitude, but it hurts way more than it helps. I hope someone kicks him square in the fucking nuts, that asshole."

She is interesting, but is the most successful person in my family. I put a lot of stock in her opinion on things like this since she lives, as she puts it, "in both gutters of womendom and blackdom."

That wasn't the answer I was expecting, and probably not you either. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Last edited by Translucent Daydream; 01-14-2020 at 11:43 AM. Reason: the thread is way way longer now than when I started typing
Old 01-14-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Sorry, we're not at home to pinniped-psittacine hybrids today.

Last edited by MrDibble; 01-14-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translucent Daydream View Post
You don't bite hands that offer help, and you don't shit on people that want to understand your personal struggle and to assist in some way.
Where in Ambivalid's post to Mark was he offering help?
Old 01-14-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Where in Ambivalid's post to Mark was he offering help?
I'm not sure, that was what my sister had written back to me. I can venture a guess as to what she meant, maybe Amby was offering up a platform or something? That is my guess though as to what she meant, I don't like to speak for other people. I'll ask her when I hear back from her today. She is doing rounds at the hospital now.

But Ambivalid I think stepped into it. If you ask questions like that, you are bound to get the wrath of the internet. I think that the question might have gone better in person where no one is proudly wearing their "facebook balls".
Old 01-14-2020, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
And what was i asked?
You were told not to ask questions. Them's as ask, shan't have.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-14-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I'll ask her when I hear back from her today. She is doing rounds at the hospital now.

She said he wasted the opportunity to have the discussion about race and what he goes through as a black dude, when he was specifically asked to. She said she doesn't like to talk about race issues that have happened to her, but when she does do so is because she was asked in that sort of way. She says that when its brought up that way, everyone listens and retains the lessons of the conversation much better.

I'm paraphrasing because I talked to her on the phone not email.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:39 PM

Well good for your sister! Do you want us to throw her a scooby snack for volunteering to be a good magical negro in her spare time? Is her opinion supposed to matter more than the opinion of the multiple black people who have posted here who don't have a white guy speaking for them? There are plenty of black folks who are eager to play happy ambassador on their personal FB pages. This is not an earth-shattering revelation. But Mark obviously ain't one of them, and he may have perfectly valid reasons for that.

Maybe your sister should try to have some compassion for both individuals in this equation instead of assuming one side must be the bad guy.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by monstro; 01-14-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Well good for your sister! Do you want us to throw her a scooby snack for volunteering to be a good magical negro in her spare time? Is her opinion supposed to matter more than the opinion of the multiple black people who have posted here who don't have a white guy speaking for them? There are plenty of black folks who are eager to play happy ambassador on their personal FB pages. This is not an earth-shattering revelation. But Mark obviously ain't one of them, and he may have perfectly valid reasons for that.

Maybe your sister should try to have some compassion for both individuals in this equation instead of assuming one side must be the bad guy.

Thanks a lot for that, monstro. I mean it's obvious you meant it in a dick way, but we all have to call my sister "the good magical negro" now when we speak to her. She has proclaimed it to be so from this day forth. That and she laughed really hard at your post. I'm going to try to convince her to join the SDMB, and maybe with that handle.

Thanks for making Christmas and Easter interesting.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

Absolutely encourage her to join. This "LEMME TELL YOU WHAT MY BLACK SISTER SAYS" schtick is, let's say, not conducive to productive conversation. But she might be a wonderful addition to the board.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
... Is her opinion supposed to matter more than the opinion of the multiple black people who have posted here who don't have a white guy speaking for them? ...
To him fer sure. She's a real person who he knows and respects. Posters here are pixels and respect for each of those collections of pixels varies.

To the rest of us? As has been noted before, Black thought is not monolithic, so it is of some interest to hear from a variety individual perspectives. More? No. Not than your opinions. You are a collection of pixels that I sometimes disagree with but respect. The opinions of some others? Well, hypothetically if there was a poster who I've read enough of to disrespect, then an unknown entity matters more than that.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
You were told not to ask questions.
And we all know how much Shodan disapproves of brushing off somebody who's asking questions, and trying to have a sincere conversation, with a contemptuous unhelpful bit of snark.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
It appears you don't have any arguments for claiming that people die from responding to folks like ambivalid either.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:45 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

The Moderator Speaks

Quote:
And we all know how much Shodan disapproves of brushing off somebody who's asking questions, and trying to have a sincere conversation, with a contemptuous unhelpful bit of snark.
That's enough, Kimstu. No more of that.

That goes for everyone. Keep it polite, keep it civil.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:28 PM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

The Moderator Speaks

Quote:
A clever insult is still an insult, Dibble.

Donít do it - or any other insult - again.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
To use Google. I believe your specific phrasing was "Google is your friend".

The SDMB is not Google. I doubt very much a Google search for "how can white supremacist patriarchy be overcome?" would even have the SMDB on the first page (or wouldn't have before the robots hit my post).

Google would have pointed you at Coates and hooks, and not just given you the white liberal echo chamber you were clearly seeking by posting here.
I'm already reading Coates. I didnt need Google to know how to find him. And this *is* a bit of nitpicking but i was *asked* nothing. I was told where to find an answer to a question I had posed to someone individually. You clearly would like to paint me as someone that i am not. I have had this issue with you since your very first post here. I find it presumptuous of you to assume to know what i was looking for when i posted here. It was in fact *anything* but an echo chamber i was looking for or expecting.

I dont have a history of garnering widespread support with much of what I write here at the Dope, that's actually what keeps me coming back: the need to be constantly on my toes and maintain a sharpness to my opinions and arguments (even if no one else agrees that I do these things).

I was looking for the opinions and insight of the few and far between who *would* have valuable insight and those dopers did not disappoint. Including yourself, despite the volley of not so valuable posts that had to be endured in order to glean your insight.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
You were told to go to Google. Instead of doing that, you came here to play self-defense attorney for umpity-ump pages.
That was only due to unfortunate number of times i was misread, whether intentionally or not, i am not in a position to say. But a high percentage of the posts i took umbrage to were simply inaccurate surmisals of either what I'd said in my recounted discussion with mark or in earlier posts in this thread. I do acknowledge, however, taking issue with comments that i later realized i should not have done so with, and were actually valuable pieces of insight.

You are one of the biggest sources of insight for me in this entire thread. I dont think i took issue with any of your main points at any time, if my memory serves. If i did, then i fairly quickly came to a better understanding and acknowledged the wisdom of your words.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
It's clear that you're upset about those comments from the other FB posters, and of course we haven't seen them here so we don't know exactly what they were like, other than that they included "portrait of the white supremacist patriarchy" and being "willfully obtuse". But I'm not sure you should jump to the conclusion that the other posters were just being gratuitously mean to you.

As we've seen from numerous examples offered in this thread, some people do get sincerely and understandably exasperated when a white person jumps into an exchange about white-supremacist culture asking for attention to themselves and their naive-sounding questions. Expressing that exasperation, aka slapping down a (perceived) troll, may come across as somewhat abrasive but it's not necessarily "worthless" or "mean".

If you can't come out the other side of this experience of misunderstanding without needing to make somebody else the bad guy(s) who deserve(s) unqualified condemnation, you might be still letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

See, i have the need to play "self defense attorney" again and this is despite the fact that i have had a learning experience on this issue and ive had a private conversation with Mark and we are on friendly ground on this issue finally.

I guess you could say i was upset by those drive by comments made by non participants of the conversation between Mark and I. Who likes being on the receiving end of insults and denigrating comments made by people who have no right to make such remarks? No one does. But my level of "upset" was quite low. First of all, this "white person" did not jump into *any* exchange about white supremacist culture. No one had said a single word in any context whatsoever. My words were the very first on this white supremacist culture, as i was commenting and asking a question that was inappropriate not naive, about a post that a fb friend had shared but offered no commentary of his own.

And the comments were **absolutely* worthless. They had not been there in any way participating, commenting or involved at all in a discussion on this post on white supremacist culture and they only came around and and accused me of being "willfully obtuse" by *assuming* my inability to understand why my question was being received the way it was way disingenuous and that such dishonesty made me a "poster child for this white supremacist culture". All this based on my very first question to Mark asking him why he considered giving me his opinion to the question i asked related to the post he had shared to be "acting as my sherpa". The only one partaking in the conversation expressed no such judgment on my question. Especially not the instant i asked about anything.

Now, do you consider this self-defense unjustified? If you do, you and i will simply always disagree. And i will always correct your mistaken retelling of events. I wish the thread didnt have to progress in such a fashion but that seems to have been the way it has.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:

Honestly, you are on fire in this thread. I havent seen a single post of yours i can say anything in objection to. Bravo.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:54 PM

Well after i replied to a few posts that need replying, i think its time i say my piece on what ive learned (at least in part) after all this discussion and personal time to think. I ended up writing an addendum and posting it on the FB thread about the white supremacist patriarchy (it hadn't been deleted after all). I copied it and took out any personal info and it reads as thus:

[Quote/]
I just want to revisit this thread after I've had a few long illuminating discussions and time to self-reflect. I feel as tho i need to apologize to Mark for trying repeatedly to have him answer what I had the luxury of viewing as nothing more than than a question of intellectual inquiry that was for him, in fact, a question of real life trauma and pain.

My luxury laid in being able to view the entire concept of this white patriarchy as something that could entertain my thoughts for a while, like during a FB conversation, then be forgotten until i *so choose* to take up the issue again. Those that have no choice but to live under the oppressive thumb of this white patriarchy, black and other racial minorities, dont have any such luxury.

My inability to understand this difference is what made me blind to why he would respond to my question the way he did. It wouldn't have been an intellectual answer for him, it would have been a discussion of suffering and injustice very real to his life and he wasnt going to be the one to make me feel better about myself as a white man by dredging up difficult issues experienced in his own life[Quote/]

Now i wont say a word about whether or not i was trying to have Mark assuage my white guilt, other than to say i know now that i communicated this to him and expected an answer that was quick, easy and not difficult to come to terms with as a white man.

He sent me a PM a day later and he sounded like the old hs friend i knew so well. We sent a couple messages back and forth and we seem to be our old selves again. As far as im concerned, this thread has served its usefulness.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 01-16-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:00 PM

This was his first PM to me:

One of my favorite stories to tell is how i scored in the top 92nd percentile of graduating seniors as a junior, drunk and hungover....and the only person who scored higher than me was my homie jamie, who was one of the smartest people i knew with the shittiest gpa, lol. Made me put little stock in those numbers. We knew who was smart and who just tried hard.

And this was my first response PM to him:

Hey ive been telling all the many people who've been a part of the *very* long 6 plus page thread discussion of our white patriarchy issue that you are someone that ive always held in the highest respect for not just your intelligence but your willingness to be an asshole when the situation calls for it. Thats about the highest compliment coming from a fellow asshole like me. 😄
Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
It appears you don't have any arguments for claiming that people die from responding to folks like ambivalid either.
The arguments about how the trauma of living with racism kills Blacks, especially Black youth, have already been made countless times. PTSD kills, this is not a disputable fact. It kills vets, it kills LGBT people, it kills POC.
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Well after i replied to a few posts that need replying, i think its time i say my piece on what ive learned (at least in part) after all this discussion and personal time to think. I ended up writing an addendum and posting it on the FB thread about the white supremacist patriarchy
Any particular reason you did something that performative instead of just DMing Mark?
Old Yesterday, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
A clever insult is still an insult, Dibble.

Donít do it - or any other insult - again.
I have a response to this.
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Any particular reason you did something that performative instead of just DMing Mark?
No. I just went there automatically i guess but i didnt put a lot of thought into it. Definitely didnt consider performative. I posted it and never went back. I could have easily done the same in PM, i just didnt think of it.
Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure, that was what my sister had written back to me. I can venture a guess as to what she meant, maybe Amby was offering up a platform or something? That is my guess though as to what she meant, I don't like to speak for other people. I'll ask her when I hear back from her today. She is doing rounds at the hospital now.

But Ambivalid I think stepped into it. If you ask questions like that, you are bound to get the wrath of the internet. I think that the question might have gone better in person where no one is proudly wearing their "facebook balls".
I have nothing constructive to add to this conversation, other than to say that ďFacebook ballsĒ is a lovely expression that I very much look forward to pretending I came up with