Old 10-05-2019, 02:06 AM

Is the world perfect?

Something that just bothered me is all:

Yeah, it's tough not to judge the lower stages. You really gotta grow into deep Yellow and Turquoise in order to be able to look upon Blue and the other stages without animosity. At Turquoise there is a deep realization that everything within reality is necessary and perfect. When you realize that, you see that every person is precisely where they must be. It makes no sense any longer to blame or criticize people for their ignorance because they know not what they do and they cannot help themselves.

The only way to attain peace for yourself is to totally drop all judgment of people and reality. And this can only happen by becoming conscious of the truth of nonduality. You have to realize that self/other are literally identical.

If you accomplish that, you will be left with unconditional love for all. You will see the world the way God sees it: perfect as it is.

One of the biggest obstacles to enlightenment is giving up all your judgments, demonizations, and criticisms of reality.

Imagine being unable to judge anyone or anything ever again. Such a notion scares most people. Unconditional love is very radical. The ego cannot stand it. It's too dangerous from the ego's perspective.

At the deepest levels of nonduality all action is pointless. You could just shoot yourself and it would be okay. It's all perfect. Teaching is pointless of course. But in practice you will probably just carry on with life, for shits and giggles, and probably teach.

The world cannot be improved in any way at all. It is an Absolute singularity, and everything is already contained within it for eternity. But this is not something that can be explained, and it certainly sits outside of Spiral Dynamics so I don't even talk about it. You will only discover this for yourself, at the very deepest levels of nondual consciousness. At which point, you will no longer need me or anyone else to guide you.

It's based on this: http://www.cruxcatalyst.com/wp-conte...amic-image.jpg and this is the thread: https://www.actualized.org/forum/top...video-is-good/

My guess is that the argue is based on how something being a problem is just our judgment of things and that in objective reality things "just are" and there is no good or bad and right and wrong. Nothing to improve and no problems, for that is rooted in our human ideas of the world and reality.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:21 AM

Why oh, why did I click on that? Seriously, dude, really?
Old 10-05-2019, 02:35 AM

No, the world is far from perfect.

Any more questions?
Old 10-05-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinaforce View Post
You will see the world the way God sees it: perfect as it is.
Which god is this? It's certainly not Christian God - Scripture states extremely clear that the world is full of evil, violent, horrific stuff, far from perfect "as is."
Old 10-05-2019, 05:38 AM

It's the best of all possible worlds. That's the problem.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:19 AM

Jim Holt gave a TED Talk about cosmology and the universe's possible perfection. It's a long talk so I've started it at 12:00, about when Holt starts explaining why he likes living in a "mediocre" universe.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:31 AM

It may be perfect for your god, but it isn't for anyone else.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:15 AM

But if you savor the muskiness of the strawberry shell you will eventually be drawn to the factor that is nothing less than fate itself. When you achieve this you are looking God in the eyes.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:17 AM

Have you considered the possibility that the graphic and discussion you linked to are not perfect?

Maybe that's just like, uh, their opinion, man.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:58 AM

If the world was perfect this thread would not exist.

(I love self-refutation.)
Old 10-05-2019, 08:05 AM

The world is not perfect but some of us in it are pretty close. Well maybe not really me.

Last edited by rsat3acr; 10-05-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it's tough not to judge the lower stages. You really gotta grow into deep Yellow and Turquoise in order to be able to look upon Blue and the other stages without animosity. At Turquoise there is a deep realization that everything within reality is necessary and perfect.
Dude, your world is purple with green polka dots and meandering orange squiggles.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Everything is identical to itself, so then by force the colors mean nothing, as they are truly all the same colors. And if the colors mean nothing, the lower stages are the higher stages. So then ignorance and enlightenment are but two sides of the same coin. So, once you understand that you are ignorant and enlightened both, it is folly to continue seeking. It is the seeking which mars perfection.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:31 AM

We all must cultivate our own garden.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFidelius View Post
We all must cultivate our own garden.
Ewwwwww
Old 10-05-2019, 12:20 PM

Too much {{{noise}}}. I can't hear you!
Old 10-05-2019, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

In a perfect word I would have at least some idea what the OP is about.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:35 PM

From a certain point of view, yes. The present is, almost definitively, always the natural and inevitable result of all our striving. Progress is about the practice, not the problems.

For the user making a point about relativity of colors, that particular system does address that - a certain stage is characterized by issues causes by overcompensating for bad hierarchies by removing all hierarchies, which is corrected in later stages by allowing for those hierarchies which are inclusive/integrative.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:58 PM

No. And you're torturing yourself again.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Something that just bothered me is all:

Yeah, it's tough not to judge the lower stages. You really gotta grow into deep Yellow and Turquoise in order to be able to look upon Blue and the other stages without animosity. At Turquoise there is a deep realization that everything within reality is necessary and perfect. When you realize that, you see that every person is precisely where they must be. It makes no sense any longer to blame or criticize people for their ignorance because they know not what they do and they cannot help themselves.

The only way to attain peace for yourself is to totally drop all judgment of people and reality. And this can only happen by becoming conscious of the truth of nonduality. You have to realize that self/other are literally identical.

If you accomplish that, you will be left with unconditional love for all. You will see the world the way God sees it: perfect as it is.

One of the biggest obstacles to enlightenment is giving up all your judgments, demonizations, and criticisms of reality.

Imagine being unable to judge anyone or anything ever again. Such a notion scares most people. Unconditional love is very radical. The ego cannot stand it. It's too dangerous from the ego's perspective.

At the deepest levels of nonduality all action is pointless. You could just shoot yourself and it would be okay. It's all perfect. Teaching is pointless of course. But in practice you will probably just carry on with life, for shits and giggles, and probably teach.

The world cannot be improved in any way at all. It is an Absolute singularity, and everything is already contained within it for eternity. But this is not something that can be explained, and it certainly sits outside of Spiral Dynamics so I don't even talk about it. You will only discover this for yourself, at the very deepest levels of nondual consciousness. At which point, you will no longer need me or anyone else to guide you.

It's based on this: http://www.cruxcatalyst.com/wp-conte...amic-image.jpg and this is the thread: https://www.actualized.org/forum/top...video-is-good/

My guess is that the argue is based on how something being a problem is just our judgment of things and that in objective reality things "just are" and there is no good or bad and right and wrong. Nothing to improve and no problems, for that is rooted in our human ideas of the world and reality.
If you're right, then none of what you wrote matters, so why do you keep writing it?
Old 10-05-2019, 02:15 PM

You started this exact thread once before: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=857279
Old 10-05-2019, 02:17 PM
2018 Midterm Prediction Winner

When you truly accept that the world is the way it is because 4 billion years ago some self replicating organic molecules sprang into existence, and that natural selection has no concern for the well being of organic life and is only marginally concerned with the concept of survive & thrive, life will start making far far more sense than it ever does with spiritual or religious explanations for why the world is the way it is.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:17 PM

Spiral Dynamics ? What Buddhist school is that?
Old 10-05-2019, 02:18 PM

all depends on who you allow to define "perfection." History has shown that those who pursue their idea of a "perfect' world usually do some horrific things.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:19 PM

The world is perfect, you aren't.
Old 10-05-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWyvern View Post
Have you considered the possibility that the graphic and discussion you linked to are not perfect?

Maybe that's just like, uh, their opinion, man.
The way that I thought he meant it want that there is nothing to improve in the universe because improvement is just our conception or our idea that we created. That good and bad are the same as well. That much of what we take for reality is use projecting our view onto it, hence looking at things as needing improvement when from an objective perspective nothing needs improvement.

I wouldn't say everything is perfect, it just is (if we are talking objective). I don't know about god, even then how would he know and how can he be sure? He says he can't explain it and that I need to experience it but what if the experience says the opposite?
Old 10-05-2019, 04:25 PM

Just how much weed do you smoke?
Old 10-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing

Moderator Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetout View Post
You started this exact thread once before: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=857279
Yep, looks the same to me.

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. This is closed.
Closed Thread