Old 10-18-2019, 12:55 PM
Extrajudicial

Moderating

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
It's consistent with the past. He reads only the bits that appear to support his arguments. Pointing out facts from speculative conclusions within the very same studies he cites, rarely has the desired impact. Look for a response where he avoids your argument and challenges you for 'ignoring the science'.
Do not personalize your arguments in this fashion. If you feel you must, the Pit is right around the corner.

[/moderating]
Old 10-18-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post

As you Australia, your Very own cite sez:. Other relevant international evidence is reviewed in the essay on Australia’s experience banning certain firearms through its National Firearms Agreement. However, that law also does not provide strong evidence of a causal effect of gun prevalence on suicide risk. As we conclude later in the report, although there is some evidence that the 1996 agreement reduced firearm suicides in Australia, studies also found significant reductions in nonfirearm suicides at the same time, calling into question whether the reductions in firearm and nonfirearm suicides were caused by the new law or some other concurrent events.
I know. I read that, then summarised that point in the post you quoted. Go back again, read what I said my cite said, and ask yourself why you rushed in to say that experts differ on Australian gun laws and suicide and who you thought they were differing from.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanislaus View Post
I know. I read that, then summarised that point in the post you quoted. Go back again, read what I said my cite said, and ask yourself why you rushed in to say that experts differ on Australian gun laws and suicide and who you thought they were differing from.
I am not in disagreement. Why do you think I am?
Old Today, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
I am not in disagreement. Why do you think I am?
No, no, not at all. You're just helpfully quoting back to me excerpts of my own cite, the clear gist of which I'd already summarised in the thread. And bless you for it.