Old 05-22-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdave View Post
The big issue with air travel is the air con systems - they amount of recirc is such that even if you are spaced well apart it is completely meaningless - you might as well be right next to each other.

I have seen no mention of that fact - but if air were to be cleaned up and less use made of recirc then it would inevitably be more expensive to fly.
But if this were the case, then you would expect an airplane with a Covid passenger to see everyone aboard eventually come down with the illness. As I understand it, there have been plenty of flights in which a passenger was found to have Covid yet the others all failed to come down with the virus.

Delta Airlines claims that its HEPA filters can filter out even virus-sized particles; I'm not sure if that's true or possible.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
... but some major airlines might not exist anymore.
About that, what happens to customers holding tickets if an airline folds?

I don't have any first hand experience, but I remember airlines like TWA and PanAm.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
About that, what happens to customers holding tickets if an airline folds?

I don't have any first hand experience, but I remember airlines like TWA and PanAm.
If you paid with a credit card, you file a dispute with the credit card company and they refund the cost of your ticket. Then the credit card company tries to get money from the airline in bankruptcy court. If you paid by some other method you might just be out of luck. If you bought trip insurance that might be an avenue you can take as well.

By the way one of the airlines you mentioned, TWA, didn't just go out of business. They were acquired by American Airlines. So in that specific case AA probably had to honor TWA tickets.