Old 05-22-2020, 02:36 AM

I have a glittery tongue! So there!
Old 05-22-2020, 01:21 PM

Last night, my upstairs neighbor got a nice surprise when some of her family came over. They phoned her to go to her balcony and they had signs and sang happy birthday to her from the ground. It was really sweet.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:21 PM

Yesterday, but this boy makes me giggle with his silly positions:

Shadow
Old 05-23-2020, 11:23 PM

Last year, on Memorial Day, my friend's house was destroyed by a tornado. Today I went to see her, the first time in months. The new house is nearly done and is beautiful. We had a wonderful conversation while maintaining our distance. Phone calls have been great but in person is so much better!
Old 05-23-2020, 11:35 PM

I was stalking my cats today, trying to get a good photo. I got this one which I swear makes it look like Finn (the tuxedo cat) is giving Dmitri (the grey one) a shockingly enjoyable crotch lick. I laugh every time I look at it.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:24 AM

That's the funniest shit I've seen all day! Thank you for sharing it.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:45 AM

I work for a medical device manufacturer. The production floor is a clean room, in which about 40 people operate the tooling. It’s my job to maintain and repair the tools. I’ve been doing this for 25 years, and have decided that’s enough; I’m retiring in a week. The operators have been telling me how they’ll miss me, and how they have appreciated working with me. I’m happy to hear it, and happy to be retiring, but also sad, because I’ll miss these people.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:44 AM

Turns out the guy who bought our property for his son is a gay guy in a 22-year relationship with another man, and they raised a son together, and finally legally got married a few years ago. Now the son has gotten married (to a woman), and the property is down the street for the dads' house; they are building it themselves, as a lockdown project (if they are the family I think they are, they raised a detached garage in a day and a half, so I have no doubt they can do this.

I am touched that they decided to share this with me. I had asked them to stay in touch so I could see pictures of the new house when it is built-- they are keeping the old foundation, the well, and some of the ductwork, and I said the could have the appliances I left behind, as well as the central air unit, and the outside breaker is new, as is the interior fusebox. So they will reuse all that, but they want to build two stories, and there's some roof damage, so the whole roof needs replaced anyway.

When I was in college, I had many gay friends. I am married to a man, but I am actually bisexual, and in college, I didn't know where I'd end up. I worked tirelessly for gay marriage rights, even though I never though I'd see it in my lifetime. I thought I was like the women in the very early days of suffrage, just getting the ball rolling.

It is so gratifying to me every time I meet a married gay couple that I actually get to see this happening now.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:56 AM

A little bit of selfish happiness. Yesterday I turned 51. I've spent all previous birthdays doing what others thought I wanted or just directly doing what others wanted, without a real say. Thanks to The Rona, yesterday was perfect. My brother-in-law built a fantastic raised planter bed, brought it over Sunday. Yesterday morning my sister and I hit the farmer's market for seedlings. I spent a chunk of my afternoon hauling dirt, playing in dirt, planting veggies and transplanting herbs. Everything I wanted to plant. After a long wonderful shower, I treated myself to the dinner I wanted, and a chunk of chocolate cake that I wanted, and curled up watching what I wanted on TV. Okay, that was a lot of selfish happiness.

(One slight drawback: using organic dirt, chockablock with compost, less than 5' away from my bedroom window made for fragrant sleeping last night)
Old 05-26-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
Turns out the guy who bought our property for his son is a gay guy in a 22-year relationship with another man, and they raised a son together, and finally legally got married a few years ago. Now the son has gotten married (to a woman), and the property is down the street for the dads' house; they are building it themselves, as a lockdown project (if they are the family I think they are, they raised a detached garage in a day and a half, so I have no doubt they can do this.

I am touched that they decided to share this with me. I had asked them to stay in touch so I could see pictures of the new house when it is built-- they are keeping the old foundation, the well, and some of the ductwork, and I said the could have the appliances I left behind, as well as the central air unit, and the outside breaker is new, as is the interior fusebox. So they will reuse all that, but they want to build two stories, and there's some roof damage, so the whole roof needs replaced anyway.

When I was in college, I had many gay friends. I am married to a man, but I am actually bisexual, and in college, I didn't know where I'd end up. I worked tirelessly for gay marriage rights, even though I never though I'd see it in my lifetime. I thought I was like the women in the very early days of suffrage, just getting the ball rolling.

It is so gratifying to me every time I meet a married gay couple that I actually get to see this happening now.
This makes me happy also
Old 05-26-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkVader View Post
This makes me happy also
Old 05-26-2020, 10:54 AM

A friend/former co-worker and her husband are finally at the end of the very long process of adopting their two foster daughters, who are full sisters. They've had the older girl since she was about 14 months old (now almost 3-1/2), and the younger girl since birth (now about 20 months old). The adoption will be final on June 16 and I am so excited for them!!