Old 05-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Reade apparently has testified in a number of court cases in which she has presented herself as an expert on domestic violence. Now the university where she claims to have gotten her degree says there is no record of her, and defense lawyers in Monterey County are asking for their clients' cases to be reheard. Reade claims the reason why Antioch University has no record of her is because she completed it as part of a “protected program” after fleeing domestic abuse. The University disputes this.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/lawyer...iolence-cases?
She’s got a serious issue with the truth and all these twisted bizarre stories get weirder and weirder. If she didn’t get her undergraduate degree, then perhaps the law degree might get revoked.

And, instead of figuring out what happened with the undergrad degree, she invents some bizarre protected program?

I found out at the last second I didn’t earn my degree. Don’t even remember all the details, my advisor got too creative and was overruled by a dean. Was something about counting a class twice: once for general studies and once towards my major. A minor pain, had to take one summer class for 6 weeks to complete the degree. Install had a lease and no clue what I wanted to do post graduation anyway.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:37 AM

Appears to me that my supposition that serious and thorough investigation was good and WOULD HELP Biden, if he's not guilty, was correct, at least based on the information published so far. Isn't investigation great? Next time there's an accusation, hopefully all my fellow Democrats will join me in urging and advocating for serious and thorough investigations.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Appears to me that my supposition that serious and thorough investigation was good and WOULD HELP Biden, if he's not guilty, was correct, at least based on the information published so far. Isn't investigation great? Next time there's an accusation, hopefully all my fellow Democrats will join me in urging and advocating for serious and thorough investigations.
Right, let's have more investigations into emails, too, while we're at it.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
And ... BENGHAZI!!!
Old 05-22-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
No thanks, just the sexual assault and rape allegations.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:30 PM

I think the point might've been that excessive investigations on flimsy bases can be used ipso facto by unscrupulous actors to build up the illusion of wrongdoing by the accused, even if there's no "there" there. (cf: Hillary Rodham Clinton, 1992 through 2016).

In this particular case, I agree with iiandyiii that the investigations surrounding Ms. Reade's allegations were appropriate and necessary and were also, while not "probative" in the language of Reade's ex-lawyer, at least sufficient to relegate the charge into the "believable in the general sense but not credible in the specific" file.

Last edited by xenophon41; 05-22-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typos