Old 05-23-2020, 10:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post

doggio, how does a cat defenestrate a computer mouse?
He throws it out a window.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:13 PM

Well, a small thundershower decided to locate overhead this morning so didn't get out. Did clean up the kitchen a little and now that the rain has gone, I'll probably tidy myself up and get out and do the needed shopping.

Butters, lots of parents have been getting creative with graduation; hope it goes off well and the kid isn't too embarrassed...

Well, I'm off (need to add bananas to the list...I am becoming rather fond of them as a between meal snack).
Old 05-23-2020, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
doggio, how does a cat defenestrate a computer mouse?
She flung it off the computer desk. Along with the wireless mouse, and 2 separate game controllers.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
She flung it off the computer desk. Along with the wireless mouse, and 2 separate game controllers.
Amateur.
Percy can turn off wireless on the laptop.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:30 PM

So bananas, lettuce, milk, salad bag, and 10 rolls of paper towels (the paper section of Kroger looks to be 95% stocked) procured. Goofed up on the self-checkout, had it showing me buying 40 heads of lettuce, but the clerk got it fixed. About 75% of the crowd was masked and most did try to keep the 6 ft. distance.

doggio, I like something I saw on facebook..."Of course the Earth isn't flat, or cats would have knocked everything off by now..."

Sunny and 83F at present. May actually have to go outside for a (masked) walk.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:36 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Supper will be delivered by Chaptico Deli - fried chicken, slaw, beans, and N.O.T. wedges. All I have to do is answer the door. It should be here around 5.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:45 PM

Happy Saturday!

It's warming up nicely outside. A cloudy 79 degrees.

Was at the park for 3 and a half hours this morning, both pups were tired, but neither wanted to leave.
Ripple is usually pretty good about walking out with me, he was very slow getting to it today.
Somebody else had to grab Echo for me so I could put the leash on her.
She also tried to escape when we got home. I put her in the yard and took the leash off before I closed the gate and she tried to run out.
Little Brat!

I have bunches to do today, don't know what will get done.
The yard is a mess, I think that will go onto the agenda for tomorrow as it is still wet outside, and tomorrow will be cooler.

I found a home for one of my vacuum cleaners, I have 5 of them including the shop vac. I was waiting for Good Will to open but a park friend needs one. She has some furniture to get rid of, it would match my current furniture, but I don't really want it. However, some guy at the park heard me say I was trying to get rid of stuff, he asked if I had any furniture. I said I don't, but she does. Made them both happy.
Makes me happy to get rid of stuff.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:51 PM

Who in their right mind thinks unflavored gelatin is a substitute for sugar-free pudding mix? Nice job, Walmart delivery. Bonus points for doing this on an order where "allow substitution" was specifically NOT checked on any item. I do not trust their substitutions from past experience, and this reinforces that.

At least they got everything else right. Didn't get a couple of items, but can work around that.

Last edited by Seanette; 05-23-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We had a N.O.L. of burgers 'n fixin's with fries and then spent some quality time at the cee-mint pond. The water is cool but nice. Now we're in for the eve and all showered up after slatherin' sunscreen all over ourselves whilst at the cee-mint pond. Chillage ensues.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:14 PM

107F predicted by Wednesday. UGH! Bit early in the year for that, too.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:17 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Supper was delivered a wee bit early, so it was consumed early. 'Twas yum! FCD is still abed, so he'll have his share later.

As for me - back to my Brokenwood Mystery!
Old 05-23-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Meat that is lowered in price because it is about to expire.
The only way I can afford tenderloin.
My MIL used the phrase as does Mrs. Plant (v.3.0)
Growing up, my family called the bread outlet "The Used Bread Store." Later, when dented can/overstock stores became a thing, those were Used Food Stores. And yeah, the marked-down meats at the grocery store are also called used meat.

Weirds my stepdad right out. (But he's one of those folks who think that the milk magically goes bad the minute the clock ticks past midnight on the day after the "best by" stamp. "Fortunately," dad's almost blind now, so my mom doesn't have to pour out his milk if it still smells right.)

In horribly related news, I just had to go rebury my dog, because a wild animal - probably a coyote - dug her up. 0/10, do not recommend.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Meat that is lowered in price because it is about to expire.
The only way I can afford tenderloin.
My MIL used the phrase as does Mrs. Plant (v.3.0)

Both in SCal and AZ, the stores paste a bright neon orange sticker on meats about to expire. The sticker says "REDUCED,"

I always do a quick perusal of the meat case wherever I go, looking for the orange sticker.

I remember teaching my children to grocery shop, way back when they were wee folk. I explained that Mommy's favorite cut of meat is "REDUCED."

My kids shop the same way, now, for their families!

~VOW
Old 05-23-2020, 04:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacunae Matata View Post
Growing up, my family called the bread outlet "The Used Bread Store." Later, when dented can/overstock stores became a thing, those were Used Food Stores. And yeah, the marked-down meats at the grocery store are also called used meat.

Weirds my stepdad right out. (But he's one of those folks who think that the milk magically goes bad the minute the clock ticks past midnight on the day after the "best by" stamp. "Fortunately," dad's almost blind now, so my mom doesn't have to pour out his milk if it still smells right.)

In horribly related news, I just had to go rebury my dog, because a wild animal - probably a coyote - dug her up. 0/10, do not recommend.

Lacunae Matata, as I'm sure your DH could tell you, they only (human/animal) find the bodies in the shallow graves....
Old 05-23-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
The search for drugs goes on. There is no oxycodone or percoset to be found in this county as far as we can tell. You can't get any info from pharmacies unless you show up with a paper prescription in hand. FCD's doc called a refill in, or maybe faxed it, but they couldn't be bothered to tell us that it can't be filled till next week. The PT did find out from the Walgreen pharmacist that everyone in the county is out of oxy. So the surgeon is supposed to call in another pain med - unfortunately, he can't have any NSAIDs, and tylenol really doesn't do much. I foresee a painful weekend. Dammit.

On the plus side, it's nice enough outside that I've got the house open. So there's that.
heh I bet if you walked/drove around certain 'hoods you could get it in about 5 minutes ..... reminds me of when I went in to get something for my leg cramps for some reason Medi-Cal at the time wasn't paying for drugs for chronic conditions .... and the ER even did an emergency appeal over the phone which was denied so it was moved up to the state level but that could take 3 -5 days ... so they sent me home with Tylenol

Well they had volunteer interns through one of the high schools and the one that was cleaning was about 17 and Latina came up to me while I was going to call for a ride home and told me she could help but id have to wait about an hour .... she made a call in rapid-fire Spanish then said she was going to be back in a few got in her car came back with a sandwich baggie full of pills that looked like what I would have gotten and slipped them in my hand ...she then said these will work even better

I went home and took 2 and didn't wake up for 16 hours and felt better than I had in weeks another friend of mine looked at them and said I had about 1500-2k streep value in that little bag ..... Medi-Cal never actually approved that prescription tho....... I sent her a large box of sees candy and flowers .......
Old 05-23-2020, 07:13 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I know it's early - just past 8 here - but I'm in bed and ready, I hope, to sleep... with luck...

Sleepy thoughtssssssssss......
Old 05-23-2020, 07:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
heh I bet if you walked/drove around certain 'hoods you could get it in about 5 minutes ..... reminds me of when I went in to get something for my leg cramps for some reason Medi-Cal at the time wasn't paying for drugs for chronic conditions .... and the ER even did an emergency appeal over the phone which was denied so it was moved up to the state level but that could take 3 -5 days ... so they sent me home with Tylenol

Well they had volunteer interns through one of the high schools and the one that was cleaning was about 17 and Latina came up to me while I was going to call for a ride home and told me she could help but id have to wait about an hour .... she made a call in rapid-fire Spanish then said she was going to be back in a few got in her car came back with a sandwich baggie full of pills that looked like what I would have gotten and slipped them in my hand ...she then said these will work even better

I went home and took 2 and didn't wake up for 16 hours and felt better than I had in weeks another friend of mine looked at them and said I had about 1500-2k streep value in that little bag ..... Medi-Cal never actually approved that prescription tho....... I sent her a large box of sees candy and flowers .......
Old 05-23-2020, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Did a load of whites, napped, took Gordie on a long afternoon walk. Making smoled paprika chicken and rice for dinner. Listening to a Jimmy Buffett concert on Facebook.

Quote:
Amateur.
Percy can turn off wireless on the laptop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Catt
00000000000000000000000000000000000000dgbfdhfgdhjuifdgbcvv cbiugbnbfcxdvljifcvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
Who in their right mind thinks unflavored gelatin is a substitute for sugar-free pudding mix?
When life gives you lemons.............
Old 05-23-2020, 08:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Did a load of whites, napped, took Gordie on a long afternoon walk. Making smoled paprika chicken and rice for dinner. Listening to a Jimmy Buffett concert on Facebook.

When life gives you lemons.............
We did NOT deserve that, Dogbutt. Shame!
Old 05-23-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
url=https://www.tastemade.com/videos/vintage-hot-dog-recipes]When life gives you lemons[/url].............
HahahaNO. Not even happening. Thankfully, Amazon is pleased to ship me the correct pudding mix (sugar-free cheesecake, DH is really looking forward to it) at comparable price, due to arrive tomorrow.

That Prime membership pretty much pays for itself in shipping, especially on things like the desk chair that's also on the way.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:34 PM

I think the "neighbors come outside clapping for the graduating teen" is super sweet. Hell, I'd prefer that to the super boring, stuffy regular ceremony.

Thank you for the kind offer, MetalMouse. I think I won't have to take you up on it, but knowing someone out there* has my back was an enormous comfort.

*beneath the pale moonliiiiiiight ...

The story about the hospital intern/guardian angel made me smile. Sounds like she hooked you up, too. You probably were way better off in the end.

Okay, I gotta call my mom for her birthday now. She's already angling for a visit (as in, she explicitly asked me to "invite" her when it's cherry-picking season) and I'd frankly rather shoot off my own ear.

Luckily, I got a nice little product at deep discount at work today (it's brand new to me, so I and the co. both legit benefit from my being able to try it and speak knowledgeably about it** from personal experience) and I am a bit more mellow about the prospect of dealing with her shit than usual. Truly wish I could share with FCDad to help with his pain!

** something called R.S.O. an Oil named after a nice Canadian fella named Rick Simpson
Old 05-23-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
We did NOT deserve that, Dogbutt. Shame!
I totally thought it would be the Ron White bit about "when life gives you lemons ... find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party!!"
Old 05-23-2020, 09:07 PM

Evening all.

I tempted the fates and went out to eat tonight at a local restaurant. Wore my mask (as did all the employees, was seated 10-12 feet from the nearest others, and the food (and beer) was good. Sadly, I was the only customer with a mask (I did take it off to eat), I think people here figure that if they can go out, then the crisis is over and no masks are needed....more fools they.
Left a 25% tip, figure those folks need as much as they can get.

Rain is in the area but hasn't shown up yet.

shady, you do live an interesting life. Just wondering how she got that much value without getting you to pay for it (her brother in the business??)

Purp, por nada. And good luck with Mom-unit.

Good Night, Mooooooommm; we'll see what time you arise Sunday morning.

Peaches, yuck. Does not sound like fun at all. Hopefully the reburial will be deeper and more secure.

Nettie, 107F! That's hot anywhere, and I lived 4 years in the Middle East. Hope the AC works just fine.

OK, too early for bed so some more internettin'. Everybody take care now.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:12 PM

Typical Chicago weather. Had the heat on this morning, now the a/c is on. Weather forecasters were carrying on about the bad weather, wind, and rain but nothing happened here. Some idiot down the street just shot off cherry bombs. Ursala Kitteh walked very fast over to me for reassurance.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:16 PM

Howdy!

Went to the dog park this afternoon and stayed for 3 hours. Nelson got to play with his bestie, Watson, a couple of other regulars and even got a visit from Billy, the boxer mix when it got down to just him and Watson. Billy got to know the little guys when he was a puppy and on the small dog side and still comes back to visit when it's just them. There are a couple of other big dogs who do the same. I like having bigger breeds over there when they are puppies to get to know how to play with them.

When I ordered from Chewy this time, I ordered a new harness for Nelson. I got the wrong size (XS), so contacted them. They told me to donate it and they would replace it with a small one. I found a chorkie at the park this afternoon to give it to. It looked great on him.

Stay healthy y'all!
Old 05-24-2020, 04:29 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis <snerk> 69! <snerk> Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 90 and partly N.O.S. this afternoon. It could rain. Or not. TWPTB are all willy-nilly today. I am up earlier than I want to be but woke up and knew I was not goin' back to sleep, so here I am. Today we shall deheatenate intartoobz style. Sunday N.O.L. shall be pot roast with carrots and N.O.T., baby lima beans, baby cornbread muffins, and chawklit cake with chawklit icin'. Should be num. After that, who knows what might happen. Mayhaps some quality cee-mint pond time.

MOOOOOOM hope you got some quality sleep.

Shades cool story. Nice of you to thank her with the candy and flowers.

Peaches Hope y'all dug nice and deep this time.

doggio where did you get that copy of Satan's cookbook?

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy, as per usual, wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 05-24-2020, 06:03 AM
Charter Member

So our Corona Stimulus came Friday in the form of a debit card. Yesterday we packed up Sunflower's Bernina 440 and traded up to a Bernina 570 She spends a lot of time at her sewing machine and it was time for the upgrade.

Last edited by longhair75; 05-24-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:16 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I didn't fall asleep right away, despite being exhausted, but after watching one of Trevor Noah's specials on Netflix, I dropped off pretty fast. Rude awakening at 4 by the alarm for FCD's meds, but I drifted in and out of sleep from then till about 6:30. So I got some decent sleep. But I think the alarm caught me in a REM cycle - that's never a restful wakening.

Ziva finally left our bedroom! She had to be starving or in serious need of the litter box. But this morning, she was back at the door, crying to be let in. Nope - not happening. Once we get the house back to ourselves, I won't mind her being in there because we'll leave the bedroom door open, but between Cozmo and Roxy, it's better that it stays closed for now.

So far, the only plan for the day is to take a walk with FCD. Roxy is with her other grandmother - she spent the night - giving us a quiet morning. We shall see what the day brings.

Happy Sunday!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:03 AM

Does that mean you finally hit the 'hood and scored some oxy?
Old 05-24-2020, 08:24 AM

Afternoon, mumpers! Pleasant day here on my side of the pond, and we have a public holiday on Monday too so it's still not even halfway through the weekend

Nothing exciting going on, not going anywhere or doing anything much. There's a virtual rock festival on today so I'll dip in and out of that one during the afternoon, and then I'll be doing a roast dinner later for us.

Other than that, might bake, might not. Might read, might not. Might snooze, might not. It's that kind of a day!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:28 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
Does that mean you finally hit the 'hood and scored some oxy?
This was directed to me? If so, no, the doc ordered a different pain med that was available. It's not as strong as the oxy, but he said the pain is tolerable.

We just took a little walk - his mobility is pretty good. Slowly but surely...
Old 05-24-2020, 08:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Good news, Fairychat.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
So our Corona Stimulus came Friday in the form of a debit card. Yesterday we packed up Sunflower's Bernina 440 and traded up to a Bernina 570 She spends a lot of time at her sewing machine and it was time for the upgrade.

Ooo!

If you are just setting that Bernina 440 out to the curb, I could pay the shipping so's you could send it to me!

~VOW
Old 05-24-2020, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

they gave us $1000.00 for it as a trade in
Old 05-24-2020, 09:33 AM

$1000! That's a pretty darn expensive line of sewing machines, hippy. Hope the new one is worth it's price.

FCM, Yea on the sleepage and FCD's recovery.

Thinking about going out for dinner rather than takeout, but if the place isn't doing proper distancing and other precautions, I won't go in. Outside of that nothing much on the agenda, supposed to reach 87F today so the AC will be on this afternoon, along with a 40% chance of rain.

Getting out will also let me see if Churches down here in N. Ali-bama are listening to Trump or following more sensible guidelines. Will report.

All y'all take care.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

MetalMouse, Bernina machines are not cheap but in the long run are worth the price. Properly maintained it will last.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:12 AM

Yay for FCD's increased mobility Mooooooom!

Those look like good machines hippy.

Up, caffeinating, breakfasting and fixing to chill. When I took Nelson out this morning, I checked the neighbor in the next building with the same last two digits in his apartment number for da Jungle package that was delivered yesterday, just not to my apartment. This has happened before and I recognized the stoop. He works night shift, so sleeps during the day, so I didn't knock, but in the past, he's been known to bring the package to me.

We also ran into another neighbor and we visited for a bit (hence the late breakfast) before returning home. I'll do the Sunday chores this afternoon, but meantime, I'll go out to the patio to read.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thinking about going out for dinner rather than takeout, but if the place isn't doing proper distancing and other precautions, I won't go in. Outside of that nothing much on the agenda, supposed to reach 87F today so the AC will be on this afternoon, along with a 40% chance of rain.
We did our first dine in breakfast in two months this morning. I don't mind cooking at home, but the Sunday morning breakfast out has been our habit for many years. We had four local places that we liked and would do them in rotation, but since the county allowed dine in, only one of them has opened. None of our usual local lunch and dinner places have opened for dine in either. Lately we have been getting take out and then going to the park for a mini picnic.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Took Gordie for his midmorning walk. It's easy to practice social distancing when you dog acts like a psychotic Hellbeast to their neighborhood pets. And while I was making eggs, Alex Catt Tweeted at Donald Trump. So if you don't hear from me, just send me a postcard c/o Gitmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
doggio where did you get that copy of Satan's cookbook?
Never Google "Tubgirl" or "hotdogs in aspic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
Cool! But when I saw "440". my mind when to this(aspic free link)

Yay for some sleep, Mooooommmm!
Old 05-24-2020, 12:21 PM

Happy Sunday!

Chilly morning, ma nature needs her prozac, or maybe something stronger.
My son put the ac on last night, now I want to turn the heat back on.

I was going to irk in the yard today but I think it's going to rain.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
$1000! That's a pretty darn expensive line of sewing machines, hippy. Hope the new one is worth it's price.
Mine cost 7 5. In 1940 Somewhere around 400 in current money. The electric adaptor was added on later, so a bit more for that.

Admittedly I don't use it all that often, and I don't think the previous owner did either, but that's pretty decent value, I reckon.

Went out for a bit of a ramble, as the weather's gone all nice today. It was a really nice spot and not far from the house, but the back roads round here are such a tangle, it'll probably take me a while to find again.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:35 PM

We're supposed to be on 'phase one' of the anti-lockdown here. (I think) but very few of the businesses are open any more than they were. I was reading an article this morning about other interesting things that the virus does to the human body's various organs, and now I want to dig a bomb shelter in the back yard and live in it for a couple of years.

I may have cracked a rib a couple of weeks ago. I fell down in the yard and thought I was just bruised, but it should have gone away by now. I have a sore spot on my left rib cage under my armpit. It doesn't hurt when I'm up and about unless I move the wrong way but when I lay down it's miserable. I may send a message to my doc and see if I should get an x-ray. They don't really do anything for cracked ribs 'cept tell you to take pain-killers these days, but I'd like to know.

It's supposed to be warm and relatively sunny around here for the next few days. That'll be nice. Could get up over 80. I don't consider that 'nice', but some people do. I prefer it in the sixties.

That's all the gnus that's fit to print. Have a safe sonday.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

I bought cat litter yesterday.

A 38-pound box of cat litter arrived from Amazon today. When I picked up the box, I dropped it. I should have known it was a bad omen. I took the box to the dryer and turned it upside down so that I could open the bottom, with the intention of lifting the box off of the box of cat litter. Unfortunately, one of the flaps was underneath the box of litter. When I tried to take the shipping box off, the box of litter fell into the litter box, basically exploding it. So now I had to scoop the waste off of the floor, go ahead and scoop the litter box, vacuum, and replenish the litter box.

It was a bigger pain in the ass than what I was expecting, which was simply to store the box of cat litter and put the shipping box into recycling.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:48 PM

flyboy, I guess Murphy is everywhere, even in cat litter boxes...

Bumba, probably worth getting checked out, two weeks is a long time for a muscle, so bet you're right it's cracked.

hippy, the sit-down places just got the OK to open this week; The place I went (Longhorn Steakhouse) had all it's people in masks and were re-sanitizing the tables when someone left. However, I was the only customer with a mask, everyone else figured it was just fine to be mask-less when not eating...

It's 88F outside and 79F inside, I think it is time to cool off the house now...
Old 05-24-2020, 02:57 PM

Back on my feet, emotionally speaking. The bad news was an old friend died. I'd had to distance myself from her a few years ago, so I didn't know she'd been sick. Complicated grief. Yesterday a friend with issues who's also going through a crisis called took up most of the afternoon. There are other things I'm dealing with, but as my parents used to say, "Things are rough all over."

Sunny, I like the name Belle. Let's see if it catches on. If not, no problem. If so, I guess I marry Robby Benson*.

shady, sounds like you hit the jackpot that day. Really, such a heartwarming story. I like that you sent her flowers and See's.

Moooom, I think in some ways it's harder to be the caregiver than the patient. Glad you got some sleep.

Czarcasm, I'm sorry you had a miserable night at the sleep center. The bed I had was comfortable. The shower the next morning was unpleasantly institutional and cold, but the bed was OK, and the blanket was fine. When do you get the results?

Stop the presses. Filbert is a woman?! Next you'll be telling me swampy's gay.

* [SIZE="1"]In the animated Beauty and the Beast, Benson voices Beast. He's a Beastie Boy. /SIZE]
Old 05-24-2020, 04:22 PM

Afternoon, friends

Peaches, that sounds ridiculously traumatic Definitely do not envy you there

It's... what, Sunday now?

It's gloomy and thundering out, but no rain so far. The dog is on my bed- made a beeline for me the second the door was opened. I think she's finding the Jerry Springer Show in the next room about as tedious as I do. "We've been together for two whole months and you're the love of my life and definitely will be forever, so we must have constant screaming fights somehow punctuated by make-out sessions because that's how adults behave and we're totally gonna get married you're my whole everything baby but first, let's have yet another fight about your exes."... Yeah. It's much quieter in my room.

Currently researching general transportation options. I want to get OUT. In the world. On my own. Yes, I'm very grateful to everyone who has given me rides or would give me rides. But I just want to do it myself. There's no public transit out here. I did send an inquiry to a medical transport company that says they'll take you to appointments and to the grocery store and such to see how much it costs and if they serve my area. I know they aren't generally very convenient, but it would be nice to have a sort of way of getting to my appointments on my own so that nobody feels actually obligated to take me. More than that, though... I used to drive around to clear my head, to listen to music, to be on my own... whatever. Even when I was a kid, before I could drive, I could walk all over the place. I just feel unbelievably trapped right now. Uber is expensive enough that it should be an emergency-only option... although at this point, I'm desperate enough for a little autonomy and independence that I am seriously considering Ubering to the city and riding the bus around... just... anywhere. I don't even know where I would go. Maybe the airport. Maybe the bottom of the Mississippi. Anywhere but here.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

In other news, I failed to fit Mrs. L.A.'s toaster pastries behind the seat of the MG, and I dropped the container of blue cheese on the floor when I was assembling my TJ's Cobb salad.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:30 PM

I feel ya dot. I don't know what I'd do without being able to hop in the car or on the bike to take an opportunity to clear my head.

I loafed most of the day, reading on the patio and messing around in the studio. I have to go in in the morning to catch things up for EoM, but will likely be out of there by lunchtime. I'm taking Wednesday off to take a friend to the eye doctor. I need to surf to find an open cafe as an option to wait for him. If I don't find one, I'll surf the net in the parking garage.

I need to take the chicken pie out of the oven and get ready for supper now.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

I accidentally stepped on a House Spider. R.I.P. Fred Jr. I caught the edge of some storms this afternoon. Lost of thunder, just a little rain.

Dot, I hear you. At least Gordie gets me out for some walks.

Flyboy, you've had a Monday-ist of Sundays today.

{{{{Belle}}}}
Old 05-24-2020, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

Coming back from Rite-Aid with tequila and margarita mix, I was stuck behind an oldster driving along the beach at 10 mph. (It's a 25 mph zone.) I figured his car must've been about to become disabled, or else he was 'impaired'. So I whipped around him the MGB.

I made chicken-and-mushroom Afraid-o for dinner. Took the trash and recycling out. Halfway through my second margarita.